Futurama

I never knew they brought it back and cancelled it again? Take it the new series was that awful?

It wasn't that good but wasn't as bad as say, bad Simpsons.

"I wish Leela loved me ;__; boo hoo" is my favourite episode.

I watched the first of the new movies and that was enough to put me off the rest of nu-Futurama.

it was formulaic and dated when it was brought back.

The writers tried nothing new.

It's proto-FamilyGuy. Not edgy or politically-charged enough for that audience, and too wacky for Simpson's fans.

That being said, all three are shit and so are western cartoons in general. I'd tell you to watch some real cartoons, but Holla Forums seems too uptight to view anything with actual entertainment value.

It was fine. Had more heart than zombie Simpsons.

What I didn't like was the fact that they had overtly modern references like 'Facebook', and some continuity errors from earlier iterations (eg in an earlier episode, the Professor is a horrid driver, but in the new episodes he's a drag racer).

Also, Bender is much better as a loveable rogue than a psychotic evil character.

We all know you're just dripping with anticipation to post your favorite animes, so skip the theatrics and do it already.

just like the old series, yes

But that'd be off-topic.

shut up faggot, the old series was GOAT
go back jerking off to faggy guy

One of the new episodes had another flashback to 1999 where a young Barack Obama was working at Panucci's Pizza with Fry.

did he die outside in the cold waiting for fry?

das rayciss

new episodes are shit fam, just stick with the older ones

There were some good episodes in second run Futurama but yes, it was poor. Heavy reliance on pop culture and relationships between the characters with almost none of the original science fiction humour (subtle or overt). They did get the ending episode right though so credit there.

The last like 2 or 3 seasons had Flanderization on par with the literal Flanderization that the Simpsons did

Also note while I say 'some' I really could count them on one hand.

i want to fuck leela

You're better off pretending the second run just doesn't exist. It's clear that all the good Futurama writers moved on to other things when the first run got cancelled.

Which is stupid because Obama had already become an Illinois politician by that time

Yeah, it was pretty bad. The jokes writing was dumbed down quite a bit and the characters were much more 1-dimensional, which made it's attempts at being emotional feel forced. It was also much more overtly political. There was an episode about gay marriage and even one about Obama's birth certificate.

Futurama fails when it tries to get political or deal with current events. "We're going to shut down Napster Dot Com!"

chinese cartoon aren't doing better

You can stop at "The Devil's Hands", or maybe watch the four movies if you must, they're average. Original run is classic.

>>>Holla Forums

>>>/a/

I like bender

The renewed series was pretty good when it started off and I really enjoyed the movies made to segue up to it too. It got a little too memey before long though and lost its edge.

get out you fucking jap lover. go cut off your balls and mail them to your precious slant-eyed masters

WAKE ME UP

The second run came long after Family Guy. Unless you're talking about the original run. In which case, you're retarded. Of course, the rest of your post told us that anyway.

You mean boiler.

It defied odds by how awful it was.

HAHAHAHA SO FUNNY LEL

to be expected from fans of this Reddit-tier garbage tbh

Bender became more and more out of control as an irredeemable asshole the further the series went on. And then they started having all the characters (including Bender) fuck at least once or engage in orgies. It was fucking weird.

Futurama gone replaced for Rick and Morty

Seriously though, fuck people like you.

Hee hee Reddit
>getting mad

spotted reddit

==

I've never seen a cartoon with such a wild range of quality. 99% of it was shit, more than shit, utter shite. But the rest were breathtaking masterpieces, it felt like an injustice.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.

Very rarely got an audible laugh out of me after it was brought back, but it was still amusing.