Zootopia had it's entire story changed. Nick was the main character...

Zootopia had it's entire story changed. Nick was the main character, but when it was decided that jJudy would be the protagonist they scrapped it all up to make a PC friendly story with a grrrrl main character.

Us redpilled furries am I right! *arooooo*

I heard they changed it, but didn't know they started trying to anime some bits and even had the voice work done for parts.

Makes it a bit confusing as to why they changed it except for the obvious bit about the producers wanting to make it more PC by trying to make it a grrl power thing.

Because it sounds like this could have been a prequel to Zootopia. First movie being about how the predators become accepted enough to not need collars with the second being about the undercurrent of fear between the differently dieted peoples.

It looks like they wanted the girl bunny cop to be the villain originally and then just decided to switch it around and make it a buddy movie. Which explains why there was no decent villain throughout Zootopia except for the minor display at the end. I suppose in their zeal to create a more 'inclusive' story by pulling apart the previous idea, they gave up the idea of putting a face on the threat.

yiff for the white race

They changed it because the original story got depressing right from the start and they didn't want that.

Early screenings found the viewers felt no sympathy for the prey animals, and were confused why Nick would work so hard to save them.

I know you're being sarcastic but that post was legitimately cringeworthy.

It was such a boring movie I was really disappoint especially because of how much I liked Tangled and Frozen. Stop praising bad movies fucking retards.

Children's movies have such a low bar that it's pretty easy to become a masterpiece in the genre.

Like is an odd reaction for the writers. The movie as it is now, has no clear villain (for most the movie) and no group is really indicated to be pitiable since you see everyone getting along just fine.

As well the idea that the movie seemed too depressing just seems like poor reasoning to change the story that dramatically.

Reminds me of the Charlie Chaplin quote "Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot" . Whether the story comes across as depressing or comedic is an issue of perspective and what sort of jokes are attempted.

Thinking about it, I can't remember any Pixar movie that really was all that hilarious. Usually the comedy was used for a few light hearted moments while the majority of the movie is just a 'cute' adventure. This was a major problem in Brave as well, there was a decent idea for a movie there that could have been pretty funny given all the ideas in it, yet it largely fell flat as though the writers were afraid that making too many jokes would take away from the seriousness of the story.

Makes the contrast between Pixar and Dreamworks a bit more stark when thinking of how Antz and Kung Fu Panda conversely seemed to stuff their movies full of jokes even if it seemed to throw off much of the tension in the story.

Are you a muddy Mexican child with no standards or a pedo from Holla Forums who got lost?

Woody and Buzz had some pretty good bantz in the first Toy Story. The sequels are inferior.

And is that really better in practice? I don't know what the answer is.

Brave's major problem was that How To Train Your Dragon did Quasi-Scottish familial issues better than it did.

Antz was a pretty good movie, so it worked for that one.
All three Kung Fu Pandas are watchable, but forgettable (particularly the third one in this regard)

2nd Kung fu panda was my favourite. Angry, spiky, Gary Oldman peacock that started off the movie blowing away a Kung fu mater with a canon and had a great need to kill pandas was their darkest villain.

Should have been Fox McCloud

looks a lot better, but still a stupid premise. Also, the fetishes are a little blatant.

Stuff like the nudists and Shakira?

and apparently diapers from the original version. I guess shit like this has been going on for a while, it's just blatantly weirder now.

Gotta make sure we stick to the boring formula, guys!
Don't forget the ending dance scene that always makes people cringe! It doesn't matter how bad it always is, the formula works!

same happened with Big Hero 6. The concept was ten times better than what we got, Disney just decided it was not as marketable as it could be.

I miss when kids' movies used to get away with dark shit routinely, and the main complaint was that they were TOO dark.

Toy Story 2 was kind of just a rehash of Toy Story 1 but less interesting. The horrific cronenburg-toys and the ending where woody freaks sid the fuck out were the best parts, and they were pretty dark in their own right; remember the fucking nightmare when woody gets abandoned?

Antz was fucking brutal in some points. They tossed around death like candy, with the fucking frog stomach scene (casually talking to dead, decapitated heads while slowly dissolving in acid) to the Stalingrad-esque termite battle scene. Shit was fucking hardcore.

Kung Fu Panda 2 was probably the most unexpected good movie I've ever seen (although Dreamworks seems to do better with 2nd movies. just not 3rd ones. or fourth ones.)

Disney is cancer it always will be. I cannot think of a single decision from that company that hasn't made me want to drown myself.

Can't say. But I hadn't considered that this was the prime difference between the studios. One trying for humor and the other 'cute' adventures.

our pagan ancestors were the original furfags

Yeah, it was bland and it played it way too safe. You wouldn't miss much from not watching it. You can say the same for any other modern movie though.

That's common with HK and mainland movies, they add a lot of slapstick to keep audiences in theater. Even this horror movie had a ton of slapstick.