So apparently everyone is creatively bankrupt, because now american idol with animals is a movie...

So apparently everyone is creatively bankrupt, because now american idol with animals is a movie. Do people expect kids to be able to sit through this shit, its almost 2 hours 110 minutes long.

Well Jukebox musicals have been around for a while especially in animated movies.

Only singers I can think of that are good in this are Eggerton, Seth McFarlane, and the woman who does the voice of the pig.

I'm sick of hearing pop songs in these movies. It just dates them even more.

Thats what Jukebox musicals are user. They just play pop songs. The only good thing to come from that is if they play Queen. Even then thats because Queen is so damn good and not because of the film itself.

Also this Beattles song appeared at the end of Kubo. Would it be annoying or was it enough of a remake that they made it original?

That's like the Happy Feet movies. They were annoying. Fucking penguins singing other people's songs and saying urban slang. It makes the movie seem dated.

Meanwhile, movies like the Secret of NYMH remain timeless. Why can't we have a CG Secret of NYMH instead of this shit?

Honestly I think original Secret of NIMH is good on its own. There was this movie called Kubo which is stop motion which is pretty good.
I guess the reason why we don't get anything like Secret of NIMH is because creators don't have the balls to put kids thru hell like Don Bluth did.

That's why we have this pussy generation now. "Can't make things too scary for the little kiddies." "Can't make things too deep and meaningful or else they won't understand because they're just dumb kids." Most modern American animators have zero respect for their audience.

The only good animator thats still working in the industry is Genndy Tartakovsky. He is the last good animator.

Is it racist to complain that the apes are criminals, thereby comparing apes to negative stereotypes about blacks, or is it racist not to complain about that?

It´s ironic that this piece uses more japanese intruments than the rest of the soundtrack, where it´s the standard orchestral fare with a shanmisen put unevenly.

What I really want are animated movies that just break away from this formula of "wow everything's so funny until obligatory drama scene in act 3" and then everything's so funny again ha ha. Something that has the balls to actually to one tone and have actual heart wrenching terror and tension and drama.

Well I think how to train your dragon could fit your request….at the end they are all changed and the boy lose a leg, his mother dies

kill me

Sorry we have that Embed feature

Its "hip", they just choose the popular shit to get people to watch the movies.

well Kung Fu Panda 2 deals with a genocide of a whole race and the protagonist comes to terms with it.

no, you must kill the white women who perpetrate this.

they backpedal at the end by stating the panda merely migrated

Someone get BLM on the line…

Worst part is that all those songs are from 2009

Thats 7 years, too old to be trendy and not old enough to be classics

Just generic shitty pop

Literally Pavement ape

We have to call the NAACP (Negroes Angry About Caucasian People) organization.

Is it just me, or do these trailers constantly paint the hard working dad in a negative light. There's the one scene where he walks in and just looks dead tired from the day he's had and it's played out like he's neglecting his wife and kids when really he's providing for them.

It's been pushed for decades now, it's nothing new

This was actually surprisingly good

it just looks to be pushed so blatantly now.

Seems more likely that we just lack creative animators.

Simplistic drawings like Adventure Time became popular as well as CG being used for its own sake.

Primary concern now is not turning off any demographic while using gimmicks to try and pull in anything. Means more blandness and less of anything like Reboot or NIMH.

The Angry Birds Movie was full on comedy throughout. Probably why a lot of critics disliked it. Because it didn't have a "moral" and dared to actually focused on its concept and characters instead.

I always thought that movie had a much better story than Avatar and I was wondering why this didn't get more praise instead. Then I remembered critics don't give a shit about animation.

Also this vid had a lackluster story but damn was it creative.