Forced female protagonist

If Alien came out today, Holla Forums would hate it.

Alien has a pretty generic story, it's just a slasher movie in space. The good stuff is the atmosphere, designs, directing etc.

Yeah, nah. Ripley's no protagonist, she just happens to be the last one the Alien gets around to killing, and survives out of sheer luck. She gets as much screen time as everyone else until the last 20 or so minutes.

Will agree with you for the most part but her char was sort of a beta stronk womyn type. Survives till the end, beats up android, gets away from ultimate life form, saves pussy.

Get pozzed and die Holla Forums, please.
>>>Holla Forums

not true
only ash

ripley was originally written as a man. gender has nothing to do with character in this movie.

That's even worse: "man with tits" is a destructive trope to the progress of feminism.

no, you stupid fuck. my point is that if ripley were still a man in the final cut, it wouldn't have changed the character. literally all they did was change the gender at the last minute.

>>>Holla Forums

Ripley was made o be a woman because audiences didn't expect a woman to be the sole survivor.

Only if you're Anita Sarkeesian and everything is offensive to you

Alien's script writer was butthurt because his previous science fiction movie about a talking bomb and a dude surfing on a board in space at the end failed with the audiences.

So he decided to go after the male audience and made them cross their legs.

Some examples to illustrate this point?
Right about what? That he should have been paid?
This is poor bait

To be fair the Xenomorphs sure are one big rape analogy.

The entire movie's horror is based on your apparent subconscious memory of the traumatic experience of your birth.

True. I was more referring to the 'implying rape even exist' comment

I've always hated it. There never should have been any sequels.

Ash was pushing her shit in with little trouble up until Parker BBC comes in and saves her ass.

pretty much nailed it. She was lucky in that the alien just wanted some nappy time in the shuttle.

Don't worry, she doesn't have any.

This board never recovered from the Holla Forums raid

Explain.

I thought it was a pretty obvious parody of Holla Forums and the (((alt-right))) shitting up all boards by shoving their politcs into literally every discussion.

but you just shoved your politics into this discussion

you seem like a bit of a faggot tbh

FIFY

Godamnit, you dumb nigger, be quiet.

how is possible to tell politics from a parody of politics, any more? every position is ludicrous.

He's getting more unhinged. He might actually get entertaining pretty soon.

If I save that image, do I count as a terrorist threat?

Alright I'll bite the bait because I'm tired of your fucking autism

All you're very short, ADHD riddled Millennial life you've been a retarded leftist, and every web2.0 site you visited has either catered to your political sentiments or banned political discourse. Somehow your faggy ass found your way to Holla Forums, no doubt because sitting there and letting TV happen in front of you was the only actual hobby you've ever had. So you decided to browse the board list, wondering what else there was and you found the 'politics' board, and said huh, I'm a big fan of Jon Stewart, I'm politically enlightened even though I've never read a single book in my life, I'm going to check this board out. Then you saw a swastika and got triggered into high heaven by years of conditioning and mental training. Because Holla Forums is totally the politics board and not a board for politically incorrect culture.

Cue the election year. Average people are starting to get politically charged and you are scared because you've only had maybe 3 elections in your life and you didn't really pay attention and realize this is what always happens. Worse, there are people browsing the same forum as you who are right wing. OMG why aren't these literal nazis being banned by the mods? Don't they know only left wing opinions are allowed on the internet? So of course, like a typical leftist faggot, you begin calling for these people to be banned because yeah its fun to talk about a topic while not allowing one of the fundamental aspects of human beings to be expressed. You start seeing boogeymen everywhere. Now Holla Forums might see Jews on every level of control but that's actually because there are Jews there. Likewise, you see Holla Forums everywhere and you aren't wrong, Holla Forums is there oftentimes, but because you are so fanny flustered that the mods won't tow the line and ban people for having opinions AND discussing movies, the idea of there even existing a right wing irks you to your core. You seriously can't allow in your brain for people to have these opinions, on some fringe website in the dark reaches of the internet.

And before you go "le projecting" I'm fine with you having opinions, even leftist ones. I'm just tired of seeing niggers like you running around acting like banning political discussion on a forum that discusses quality kino (that oftentimes in the movie itself discusses political ideas) is going to solve some problem that in all reality is entirely with you. The entire rest of the internet currently exists to serve you and your dumb opinions. I know you might see being told to go to Reddit as an insult, but I'm serious. I'm fairly certain they have rules against interjecting politics into discourse (which mods will ignore if its leftist politics) It'd fit you like a glove.

great pasta

Alien is one of the few movies that did a female protagonist totally right.

If Alien came out today:

>>>Holla Forums

The Thing has always been the superior horror film anyway.

The theory is that we all subconsciously remember the traumatic experience of our birth. Being forcibly removed from the quiet comfort of the womb to the horrifying sights and sounds of the outside world. The movie reflects this theory with the womb-like themes of some of the Nostromo rooms such as MOTHER's interface room and the sleep-chamber room. There's also the overt vaginal imagery and violent birthing process of the Xenomorph.

Basically, Alien touches upon pretty-much every horrifying concept that involves sex: rape, forced impregnation, the trauma of giving birth, and the trauma of being born.

One of the deleted scenes showed what happened to the crew as well. The Xenomoprh literally transforms them into eggs.

Also, Ash is a trap/tranny.

no one ever cared about ripley, she's the blank slate protagonist that shows people what they want to see, the aliens and people getting killed by the aliens. That's why Alien 3 and 4 failed, they thought Ripley was a character.

how inaccurate

It's american so it's normal to have overly qualified women and niggers.
This has been a law in hollyjew movies for decades.

You can pretend you had great cinema, but don't pretend you didn't consume generations worth of cancer.

Fucking aliens introduced the dyke female.

So many great horror flicks set in space and people always talk about this trash movie.

The xenomorphs ARE NOT scary, they're absolutely ridiculuous.

Ripley's gender was changed at the last moment to appeal to the female audience.

Straight outta wikipedia "The cast was made more diverse to appeal to a wider audience".

Ridley Scott is a fucking hack. The wrong Scott died. He's a feminist and a muslim apologist and the Gladiator is the only good film he's made in his entire career.

Fuck this shitty movie.

Fuck the legacy it left behind, fuck the millions upon millions of pleb idiots who think this movie was some kind of revelation.

It's shit, it started the trope of killing off characters one by one.

I repeat, Alien is SHIT.

If it was up to me I'd destroy every single information about this movie, so that future generation will never know it even existed.

Prometheus was garbage too but at least it had gorgeous visuals and stunning cinematography.

Alien has nothing but a cancerous fanbase.