What the fuck happened here? Just blunder after blunder. Who's responsible for this travesty?!

What the fuck happened here? Just blunder after blunder. Who's responsible for this travesty?!

Answer the question, DC cuck.

I want capeshit fags to leave.

At least you're obvious about it

Do we really need yet another thread like this?

OP has nothing interesting to say. Doesn't even have any good pictures, just movie posters we've all seen.

There are multiple threads active already about either superhero movies or blockbusters.

No money 4u, rabbi

Co-writing does not mean fucking it up with directing.

capekino btfo Holla Forums again

He had to pretend to be a good goy after he went too far with TDKR.

The wrong people.

Seriously. They just hand shit to the wrong director (see MoS and BvS) and if they get someone who could do something interesting with the material the studio gets involved and sanitizes the hell out of it (see Suicide Squad).

the cucks who keep going to these movies

2/10 bait, try harder next time faggot OP.

Its a bunch of people responsible, Snyder, Goyer, and the studio. It's a shame because Man of Steel had good concepts deep down like torn loyalties, finding your place in this world and discovering your heritage but it executes it so poorly. The other stuff is dumbed down crap. If anything I'd argue man of stell was the best of this bunch. It tried to do something interesting and failed while the others tried to play it safe and failed. DC keeps disappointing me man. I wanted to see a Justice League movie as a kid and now we're getting one but it won't be a good film. Guess I'll stick to the older comics and the DCAU.

this, man of steel is the best, suicide squad is okay because it's a complete joke and isn't meant to be serious, and bvs was just a crapshoot.

You obviously didn't see suicide squad.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

They clearly have no fucking clue on what they're doing

Nothing wrong with capekino fam

maybe we might if there's a DC animated movie of it.

Why do you torture me so?

i did, actually. i went in expecting it to be a terrible piece of shit and found it highly enjoyable because there isn't anything serious about it beyond amanda waller.

the problem with all this shit is that people forget where these stories and characters come from. they're from fucking comic books, the characters are people in ridiculous outfits doing impossible shit. there isn't one drop of seriousness in it to begin with. this is also why the marvel films continue to rake in cash, because they know that and make them as ridiculous as they can. they started off slow and nice with iron man to keep it somewhat believable, and then went full retard with thor and avengers. dc has the potential to make good films but they focus too much on the grimdark mcedge bullshit and it fucks up the movies. the only reason the nolan movies even worked was because they tossed out half the characterization of any major names in the batman universe and as a result you got severely stripped down characters, but 2 decent films.

i pray for the day they make a red son animated film.

Please kill yourself, I'm so fucking tired of fighting the same argument over and over because you neanderthals can't bother to read.

i'll give you props for posting grant morrison, but you're still missing the fact that batman is an autistic billionaire who runs around in a cape, tights and external underwear.

i'd also like to point out that marvel comics also work better in general since they were written with the idea of "extraordinary people going through ordinary circumstances". modern stuff not as much, but a lot of the older shit followed that formula.

And Gothic is about Batman fighting an immortal that runs around in a red coat calling himself "Mr. Whisper". But the story is played straight and can be taken seriously. When you spout this "le it's just capes, they're so wacky!" shit, you're no better than Alan Moore, or worse, Zack Snyder.

well yeah, when you strip out the ridiculous parts, any comic story can be taken seriously.

also, alan moore is just as ridiculous as the next comic writer. he also worships a snake.

But the ridiculous parts are still there, they're played straight.

I was talking about his "I hate superheroes" thing.

I want Holla Forums to leave

This isn't kino mang. There are DC kino but they are usually animated.

Moore does sort of have a point. They were originally intended for children. And his comments are more a reaction to how the industry has grossly misinterpreted his work than out of a genuine hatred for superheroes in general. If he really hated superheroes he wouldn't have done his Ersatz versions of Superman, Wonder Woman and the Marvel heroes amongst others

That's debatable considering they found their genesis during world war II and were generally propaganda. Afterwards many of them covered genres like horror, crime, romance, etc. until superheroes stamped them out.

Three of the best Superhero movies.

Note: Superhero movies are terrible.

It worked though.

I was disappointed at how small her tits and ass were. I was expecting more.

I've only seen her in that other movie with Will Smith and pics of her in Wolf of Wall Street. She looked like she was kinda hot.

The reason they're even called 'comics' in the first place is that the medium originally consisted of humour strips aimed at - you guessed it - children. Children were the primary consumers. Yes, you had all these different genres of comic books but again, they were read primarily by children. When Seduction of the Innocent came along trying to shut it all down, Wertham's reasoning was that children were reading these comic books and he, rather speciously, tied to this to the rise in juvenile delinquency following the end of the Second World War.

That's not to say that just because they were originally aimed at children, they can't be anything more than juvenile fare, like this idiot is arguing . Moore certainly doesn't think that way either. This is an excerpt from a documentary he did back in the 80s

So its more or less a matter of writing good stories for the comics then regardless of goofy or dark tone.

This, and that's not to say either can't be good. I can think of plenty lighthearted ones to go alongside all the dark comics I enjoy.

Although I will say that there is a cancer that's infested comic book adaptations for a long time.

That tumor is "realism", it is easily what I hate most about the marvel movies by far. Instead of making movies about superheroes, they've decided to produce a series of films about a clandestine special ops team called The Avengers rather than pic related.

In the MCU there basically are no superheroes aside from Spider-Man, Daredevil, and arguably Captain America. Look at who else we have:

Did I miss anyone? Barely anyone on that list would qualify as a superhero except maybe Iron Man, but that would just be in the first movie.

good point with the militaristic thing. I've been noticing that trend too especially how most super hero costumes these days look like armor.

Not necessarily related to what you just said but one of the things I like about Flash season 2 is when they show the real jay garrick. With the fake Jay his costume is muted in color and looks like a Canadian mountie. With the Real Jay his costume is bright and looks like a real superhero. I don't know if that was intentional but I liked that touch showing the brighter hero as the real one.

I bet you found this hot too.

no not really. Now days I like thick women or someone like Selma Hayek.

I don't disagree but it's probably the formula that made these movies sosuccesfull. It's close enough to the source to satisfy the Holla Forums nerds but also tacticool enough to draw in the normalfags who probably also love the Transformer movies.

why does Mike look like Hitchcock in that pic?

Man of Steel isn't even a bad movie. It took Superman in a different direction from normal and forced his ideals in conflict with reality. When you have a God running around who has a code of ethics this is the only option you have to work with. Force him to fight something so overwhelmingly powerful that if he tries to save people as he fights he will just end up dead.

There are people on this website who unironically enjoy arguing over which steaming pile of horseshit smells better.

Teenage boy/10, this Hollywood "flat-and-rectangular-is-beautiful" meme sucks.

Watching capeshit is one of the most politically correct things I can think of tbh.

It's this idea that superheroes are for some reason not an acceptable genre to make a movie out of, so they have to loosely adapt their origin stories and turn them into generic films.

I thought people here were being ironic but I didn't know there were those who believed in that crap.

I fail to see how anyone can make a bad Superman movie.
The idiot thing writes itself almost.

Step aside and see how it's done.

as if the script wasn't shit already

Why no Beardfat?

There will never be a Superman movie everyone likes. It's impossible because the expectations and standards are too high. There's too much of a legacy and it's also tied to American patriotism in a way, there's too much at stake so it can either be a boring retread of what we know or it deviates too much and everyone hates it. It's the Coca Cola Classic of superheroes.

It's also why people love Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy and why they could make an awesome Aquaman movie if they wanted to: the stakes are low. Nobody cares about any of them so there's nowhere to go but up. Like Alan Moore making Swamp Thing good, you wanna work with a franchise that nobody gives a shit about and elevate it. I think that's why Iron Man worked, to be honest. Spiderman was Marvel's Superman and they have the same problem. Not a lot of people gave a shit about Iron Man, comparatively. So they could take that and go somewhere with it.

where are her tits?
also, her ass is as small as robbie's

You need glasses man.

Who keeps naming these gifs

would Superman v the Elite be the perfect Superman film?

Is Batman the only superhero who can pull off realism?

The Elite were a terrible send-up of The Authority.

When they try to make Batman realistic, we get shit like John Robin.

cool?

jewy hotheads

WHO FUCKING CARES ABOUT SUPERHERO MOVIES, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, GROW UP

THEY'RE GOD DAMN MOVIES ABOUT FUCKING COMIC BOOKS

WHY IS IT SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE FOR ADULTS TO LIKE THESE?

Is that Jim?

Marvelcucks…. When will they lear-leave?

Did you just admit you don't have any opinions of your own?

Back to Reddit with you.

Naw but this is

I did this in September after working on it for about an hour and forgot about it until now

*Clanking* Doctor Pavel, I'm CIA. He wasn't alone. Uh, you don't get to bring friends. They are not my friends. Don't worry, no charge for them. And why would I want them? They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary, the masked man. Bane? Aye. Get 'em on board, I'll call it in. *Faint sound of a plane engine* The flight plan I just filed with the agency lists me, *Foot clacking on the ground* my men, Doctor Pavel here, *Gun unholstering* but only one of you! *Door opens* *Wind* First one to talk gets to stay on my aircraft! *Mask flapping in the wind* Who paid you to grab Doctor Pavel? *Mask flapping in the wind* *BANG* He didn't fly so good! Who wants to try next? Tell me about Bane! Why does he wear the mask? *Click* *Cloth flapping in the wind* Lotta loyalty for a hired gun! *Breathing* Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man, before throwing him out of a plane. *Breathing* *Door closes* At least you can talk! Who are you? *Breathing* It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan. *Breathing* *Intensified breathing* Noone cared who I was till I put on the mask. *Breathing* If I pull that off, will you die? *Breathing* It would be extremely painful. *Breathing* You're a big guy! For you. *Plane flyby* Was getting caught part of your plan? *Breathing* Of course! *Larger plane flyby* *Breathing* Dr. Pavel refused our offer in favor of yours; *Breathing* we are to find out what he told you. Nothing, I said nothing! *Breathing* *Plane flyby* *Rattling* *Temporary sound distortion* Well congratulations, you got yourself caught! Sir? Now what's the next step of your master plan? *Breathing* Crashing this plane, *Jet engine* *Cords being deployed* *Plane engine* *Breathing* with no survivors! *Handcuffs snap* *Gunfire* Uh! *Punch* Ah! (No, this can't be happening, I'm in charge here!) *Beating* *Ambient "Fishy fishy pasta, pasta" throughout* *Metallic clanking* *Jet engine* Mayday Mayday, Mayday Mayday! Ahhhhh! Uh ahhhh! *Plane wings tearing away* Ah! Ah! Unh! *Plane wings torn away* Ooh, go! *Creaking* *Wind* *Explosion* *Explosion* *Wind* Uh! Hup! *Bang* *RATATATATAT* Ah! *Plastic being handled* *Zip* *Zip* *Zip* Huh, ugh! WYAHH! UH! WHA! NAHHH! AHH! WEALDR! DER! EH! AH! OOH! UH! OOOH! UH! AHAH! AHHHHHAHA! *Breathing* NO! They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother! *Breathing* *Creaking* Have we started the fire? *Breathing* Yes, the fire rises! *Breathing* AHHHH! OHH! AHHHH! UHHH! OHHHH! OHHH! OH! Calm down, doctor! Ah! Uh! Now is not the time for fear. That comes later. AHHHHHHHAHHHH AHHHHH! HUH HUH HUH HUH!

eh 5/10 could use some better Onamonapias

Like what? I always take feedback, matey.