CISbusters help Hollywood loss $1 billion dollars

CISbusters is the gift that keeps on giving
archive.is/dcz04
theguardian .com/film/2016/sep/08/gloom-in-hollywood-as-reports-indicate-top-blockbusters-lost-1bn-this-summer

So dancing thread?

You're giving too much credit to one movie in a sea of bad movies.

Didn't critics got salty that a less progressive movie like suicide squad one of few movies that didn't flop this summer? Which is funny because suicide squad has far diversity than ghostbusters

I like too know how soon until Hollywood start asking for ball out money before the Chinese buy them out. Hell they probably regretting not asking for Obama for bailout money when they could get away with it.

Critics are losing their power.

It's all about the experience goy.

Critics have always been in their own universe.

Critics are the enemy themselves, not just "out of touch". To a critic, sacking a movie means winning and proving one's alpha status: it's what you hate that brings you fame, no critic has ever gotten famous for liking everything moderately.

Inevitably, their persona becomes more important than their job. They're judge and jury with no one watching over them. I came out of school idolizing these people, considering them a school of thinking of cinema theory. 10 years later, I was disgusted at the complete random nature of their judgement - when it comes to NEW phenomena which they have no guidelines about (like capeshit).

I think it's very important to never look up to anyone of these people.

I remember when I was younger there were lots of movies that had this sense of sublimity about them. Even special effects action movies like Star Wars or Indiana Jones tried to make you feel there was something special or magical about them.

Film today is cheap. It all feels like low budget crap from back in the day. The shaky cam, the color grading, the random short cuts, the shitty set design and shot composition and the overuse of blatant CGI, make everything look cheap.

There's no sense of wonder any more. It all feels so cheap and artificial. Disposable entertainment.

Why would people, in this depressed economy, go out to a theater, and pay more money, for an inferior product? Especially when there are so many options now?

Cinema used to be a cultural institution, but people aren't going to pay to support it if all they get in return is forgettable crap.

And yet budgets keep skyrocketing

Of course, it takes lots of time to expertly color grade all those scene to teal and orange, and to CGI-up what could have easily been achieved more easily with something practical.

Hours and hours of post production spent agonizing over whether or not the next cut should be 0.6 seconds long, or 0.7 seconds long.

At least it's money well spent.

who says they don't embezzle a bunch of the budget as well. after all Hollywood is run by jews.

Shame about Two strings, I thought that movie looked pretty interesting.

This is very insightful. Old movies had a kind of 'twinkle' in their eyes, like a sense of amazement. It was about entertainment and enjoyment first and foremost.

I think the root of the problem is that HollyJew wants to influence thought as opposed to entertain. They always did want to influence thought, but I think they just hate us all so much they don't want to entertain us.

They want to pander to us with shit, or take landmarks and fuck with them just to stick it to us.

The real problem is Hollywood hates its consumers.

Cisbusters is a symptom of a Hollywood that has crawled deep inside its own ass and forgot what "storytelling" was.

I sincerely doubt even a quarter of any given film's budget actually goes into production.

Oh nooo, it's not shit movies that directly insult their audience, and movies that are just plain shit, it's that there's too many studios. Yeah, that's it. Y'know what, if these are the morons in charge at the major studios, i'm grabbing some fucking popcorn, it's going to be fun watching it all crash and burn.

I knew this movie was a flop when I saw the first trailer. It was pretty but it never actually told you what it was about, what were the stakes, who is even the villain. Just like BFG, another flop you could see coming a mile away. Sad, because it's a movie I want to like but I knew it wouldn't do numbers.

JUST

One job, famalamadingdong.

I'm reminded of what Harlan Ellison told J Michael Straczynski

Looks like a young Hank Hill.

Kubo is actually pretty good. I don't think the studio ever makes money on their animations in box office terms unless it was Coraline and Paranorman. They'll make it back on DVD sales and airing it on cable tv.

I thought this was the worst summer blockbuster I've seen so far and the earnings seem to reflect that. The only one I know that made money was The Secret Life of Pets. There might be more but it just blended into the mash of soulless movies churned out, outside of Kubo. Ghostbusters wasn't the problem, it was just a part of a bigger problem that hasn't been corrected yet.

I miss that meme

That's exactly it. That's what it boils down to, if the movies were better, more people would go see them. 'There's too many studios' is the kind of excuse some suit comes up with the cover the fact they've been greenlighting dogshit movies.

It's just like music, the music coming out now is passable but it's all disposable. It's just candy, eat it then forget about it 10 minutes later.

And you could make the excuse that it's just nostalgia, people always fondly looking back on the past, but now it's showing up on the balance sheet. Apparently now is the first time in history that old releases are outselling new ones.

Kek, Ahhhhhhh can't stand it, I know ya planned it…

Fucking brilliant, as the soundtrack to your exploratory sci-fi film, make it the music meatheads who used to push Star Trek fans into lockers listen to. That'll bring 'em pouring into theaters. Also, make sure you stress how gay one of the characters is. Don't get the word out about the story or who the main villain is, just make sure people know he can't get enough cock, in his mouth, in his ass, people need to know about this faggot.

Are you retarded? The Beastie Boys abandoned the frat boy thing with their second album, and Sabotage is from their 4th album. By that point there were liberal pussies pretty much.

Also the Beastie Boys were Star Trek fans, thus all the lyrics about Mr. Spock etc. I'd be more concerned with the fact that that the pacing and scripts to these films were total garbage.

How does the nostalgia excuse even begin to make sense when such a big part of what they put out is remakes?

"Ghostbusters and ghostbusting accessories."

There will never be a KotH episode with Peggy Hill coming up with an idea to have a Strickland All Female Nughostbusting services, with Dale tapped to be the new manager, and Hank being forced out. You will never see Peggy, Nancy, Minh, Bill in obvious drag trying to bust ghosts and fail, and John Redcorn stealing the show. You will never see Dale have a panic attack while attempting to direct a song and dance skit rehearsal for the Texas Ghostbusting Association.

Nah dude, you just have to know how to use critics. Find one that likes the same movies that you do, has similar taste. Then their reviews can help you decide what to watch. You guys seem to think it's even remotely possible to objectively score a film.

Why don't we make more KOTH fan fiction threads?

Because things would get autistic very quickly if we did that too often.

Fuck off, >>>Holla Forums

Was this the one with the Trump cameo?

I haven't seen the reddipol spammer in a little while.

at 1:02

Fuck, this needs to exist. You're obviously a writefag since you came up with all that, make it happen.

It's a meathead tune, user. Maybe nerds like it too, but you have to own that, in [CURRENT YEAR], that's the kind of shit meatheads listen to.

You sound like an over-sensitive Tumblrina faggot. Maybe there was a reason you were stuffed into lockers. I've never seen anyone whining about the Beastie Boys for triggering them because they were too mean. That's a new low for the internet in general.

So when is Fieg's next parole hearing?

Projecting this hard. So I talked about your edgy little faggot favorite high school band, user. Get over it. There's no shame in liking meathead music. Well there is, but someone's got to eat the shit, right? Might as well be you.

My whole point, because i'd rather not derail the thread with this retardation, is the song didn't fit the trailer, it didn't fit the franchise, and fans of the series were very vocal about their dislike of such a poor choice of song for the trailer.

Paramount still wants to sell the movies to people who heard of Star Trek, but assume is "boring", "dumb", and "nerdy"

It was picked based on a joke user. Because Shatner can't say 'sabotage' properly. That's the only reason.

There wasn't some conspiracy to use 'meathead' music, which I'd argue beastie boys isn't really.

You listen to Celine Dion and Broadway Musicals, don't you?

Showing zero faith in the property you want to sell, wew lads, off to a great start there.

I rest my case. It was a shit choice, made for a dumb reason and that's all i'm trying to say in the first place.

You blew it fam

Go post quasimodo in your designated thread gifmaker