Speaking about Hacksaw Ridge’s relatively modest budget — around $40 million — Gibson said he couldn’t...

deadline.com/2016/09/mel-gibson-hacksaw-ridge-venice-film-festival-the-passion-of-the-christ-1201813728/

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20120706123020/http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe they should go back to mid level films that did well like Deadpool, John Wick and etc.

Oy vey, shut it down

Do you think this mirrors the video game industry where there's the giant franchises and the low indies but no middle level games? I know when I was younger there used to be mid level games.

laughing anime girls.jpg

Skyrim costed $85 million to develop and market, and considering marketing cost is often very pricey, I'm guessing the development budget was around $15-20mil. That is very modest compared to MGS5 that costed $80mil for development budget alone, and GTAV that has around $137 million development budget. Witcher is not a giant franchise, but the development of Witcher 3 costed more than any Bethesda game.

Maybe middle level games would be something like STALKER that costed around $1 mil per game to develop.

Deadpool 2 will probably have a 100 million budget.

I want to see how much each Monster Hunter game costs to develop and market. Those Japs have been pumping out the same copypasted game every year and it sells like fucking hotcakes.

I thought about this when i realized the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy cost less than 300 million.
Every single one of the movies cost 30% less than Ghostbusters.

Jap games aren't expensive to make, and they got milked to death without even raising the budget.

I think Mel makes a good point. Too many directors get carried away with overblown CGI and green screen and forget that they're there to tell a story.

I've watched Peter Jackson's career my whole life and it's a good example. He got better as his funding increased but by the time he was doing 'The Hobbit' he'd lost the plot.

complete bullshit. that game was plastered EVERYWHERE for months before and after release. anything less than 100m on marketing is a flat out lie.

Does green screen stuff really cost more than live action and practical effects? Why even use it then?

it's more likely that most of that money is being embezzled
look at fucking adam sandler movies, they can cost like $100 million and there isn't even any green screen in most of them

But wouldn't the investors and executive catch on after awhile? No matter how out of touch they are, they have to know movies don't cost that much to make.

with sandler films 70% of the budget goes toward the actors salaries, he pays himself and his friends a shit load and then pump out a garbage film

you say that like they aren't in on it. and before you bring them up, no the feds are in on it too. who do you think supplies them with all their drugs and child slaves?

Snyder is goy

German & English

Everyone knows how Hollywood works. No one talks about it openly because it would just expose how massively involved everyone is.

What does this have to do with Snyder not actually being Jewish?

and because a budget that large requires pandering to the Chinks who wouldn't know a good movie if it fucked their mothers and made them lick it's cum out of her gaped asshole the sequel will be toned down and bland as fuark

He's doing an Atlas Shrugged movie. Even if he's a goy would the Jewish influence be incredibly strong on him at that point?

shit I meant the Fountain Head.

Absolutely, the very same shit happens in the game industry.

stop making remakes you unoriginal hollywood losers

million dollars says they dont do the rape scene

Somehow, Gibson being an objectivist crackpot makes total sense.

is this adjusted for inflation? If so then yeah I can see this happened with games over the years.

I didn't know there was a film of this already. Do you guys think the setting of the 30's or 40's would work better with film adaptations of Ayn Rand's work?

with the fountainhead it would have to, its hard to imagine another time period where howard roarke literally gets the girl to fall madly in love with him by raping her in the woods

Here's a really in-depth analysis of the problem a few years back.

web.archive.org/web/20120706123020/http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming

thanks user.

He was talking about Snyder

Mels reached the point he doesnt care and isnt randy quaid tier crazy so he cant be easily dismissed.
I can just imagine some suits puffing cigars and pacing going "HOW DO WE SHUT THIS FUKKIN GOYIM UP AGAIN!"

yes goy, those budgets are inflated because of the hardware. take no hebe I mean heed of the even larger increase in developer and publisher bureaucracy.

Its all money laundering son

Check the wolf of wall street financiers, it was all stolen money from asia