Anyone here think that if he didn't role play as a "character...

Anyone here think that if he didn't role play as a "character," or make God fucking awful skits and instead just stuck to talking about movies and shows like a normal guy, Doug would actually be pretty decent. If he left out his shitty politics and autism, I'd say that he'd probably end up as some dude who has a real passion for films.

Maybe. Personally I think you could say that about most internet reviewers if they just be themselves and talk about what they like they would be pretty good. Hell thats why I stuck with Doug before he brought back the critic because when he was himself he was interesting.

Not really. His vlogs with his brother for sibling rivalry or those disneycember stuff shows how shit he is at being a crtiic. He didn't get that last action hero was satire, he didn't get why Porco Rosso had to be a pig and not some multi limbed alien (or something more unique) and he thought the ending for Korra when she became gay was a gimmick for a good cause, ignoring all the flaws of the previous season.

Nope the jig is up, his act is tired and the "boom" lol of the internet reviewer is over

No. No one at Channel Awesome is doing a character, every single person there is either being exactly themselves with occasional super powers, an idealized version of themselves, or themselves but louder and angrier.

None of them is really doing a character. They're giving their actual opinions, they're using their actual voices. Brad really does just sound like a pretentious faggot, he really does hang out with a hipster with fag hair, and they really did get so triggered by a documentary pointing out that the Democrats created the KKK that he made a video proclaiming "NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I WALKED OUT OF A MOVIE, BUT I WALKED OUT OF THAT!"

The only difference between Linkara and Cockslut is that the character has poorly realized super powers instead of a lust for black dick, but the character still dates trannies, so again there's no character there.

Doug really is just loud, unfunny and obnoxious. The way he announced quitting his job is exactly what his character would do, minus shooting pretend guns. The only difference is he yells more.

Every single one of them is evidence of why college is no longer any guarantee of an education. Most of them finished film school, and not a one of them has any talent or is any use to society.

The irony is most more successful e-celebs and let's players on YouTube never went too college.
Lindsay is proof how feminism encourage murder and rewards psychopathic. The cunt intentionally got knocked up for she can do a pretentious abortion film project. She never brother to finish may I add.

Wait, she intentionally got herself knocked up just so she could make a film about her aborting it? Jesus Christ, what kind of people are supporting this bitch?

Doug is a bad critic. NC is barely a character, it's just Doug screeching louder.

remember his 40 episodes of the promised quiz show? lmao it stopped at 11 I think. Hes a con artist, a no talent piece of shit, a balding nu male cuck who married a fat landwhale just for her family's money. Jew wario knew this.

Betas that really want to sniff her pussy.

He also makes references to himself in some NC episodes, so it's only a character when it's convenient for him.

You at her patreon if you want a good laugh. All her backers profiles are ether Nu-males or lesbians.

I don't know about intentionally, but she did discover she was pregnant, and her immediate reaction was to make a documentary about getting the abortion so she could get an A on her final in film school through sympathy.

Actually they aren't that well educated, I think of the main cast members in most of the movies Lindsay's the only one with a degree. That may explain why the depth of criticism is really surface-level: they tend to focus on story logic, enjoyability, and technical aspects.

I think their art film reviewer with the beard had a film degree too. Heard he's also a massive prick.

Cuck in the Shadows also has a degree on something stupid, music-related. I think the cockslut also has a degree.

Wait, you're saying there's more to criticism? Tell me more, Siskel & Ebert.

Sums up most Internet personalities really. The only real "character" I can think of is Mr. Plinkett, and even that's been mostly replaced by the barely exaggerated RLM crew.

Yes he does. Linkara has a degree in philosophy and major in gender studies.

Isn't that worse than getting a degree in liberal arts?

yes it is. Why don't people start out at community colleges instead? You get a basic education and you can take up trades there if you want. Also its less expensive.

No, not really. People just look towards other talent to rip off.

See: YMS and IHateEverything

so they move from ripping off AVGN and Nostalgia critic to ripping off Red Letter Media?

Bingo.

Honestly even though his show came out before AVGN, he will always be an AVGN copy. Doug is just too annoying to play an AVGN-esque character, his voice is too fucking high pitched and his face is just uncomfortable to look at. Plus he puts retarded political and contemporary shit in his review videos.
Honestly there can only really be one "zany" internet reviewer show nowadays and James seems to be the only one ready for the throne.

I wouldn't say YMS is really ripping anything off (although IHE is just a fucking clickbait lol pessimism channel who blatantly copied the best of the worst) other than the current review "trends" (Cool Cat, Neil breen, etc.) You can draw parallels to RLM but honestly Adumb really has a different style than RLM - The majority of Adum's content is short 5 minute reviews on movies that came out within a few weeks, and he doesn't copy RLM's style of acting as they haven't already seen the movie while they're talking about it/as if they're watching the movie while they're doing the review. YMS also only has one person reviewing the movie, and he doesn't "sit down and talk" about it like RLM.

The style of humor seems similar to Plinkett, though, down to "I don't even know what the means." There's also the surface-level plot nitpicking, but without the level of critique and finesse that one would find in a Plinkett review.

I noticed that too, but I can't quite write down why.
But still, just because the style of humor is the same, that doesn't mean he's really ripping off something. Adam doesn't put on a character for his reviews like mr plinkett, and the lack of depth could be because the majority of Adum's reviews are only 20-30 minutes long (compared to the plinkett reviews being 40 minutes - 1 hour, with the longer ones being 1 hour - 1 3/4 hours), and the longer, more "rare", episodic reviews only come to be around the lenght of an average plinkett review.
I'd say that YMS probably isn't purposely ripping off RLM, but he comes close but has enough divergence to not be a knockoff.

Doug suffers from the one thing he can never improve on. He has terrible, agonizingly terrible, taste in everything. This is majorly why his audience consists of abortion-dodgers, an autistic legion of fans that still to this day insist Demo Reel wasn't a mistake. He's able to get away with his poor taste by hiding it behind his skits and character, because if he removed the facade he would have nothing to hide behind.

He will never have good taste, he will never be good, he does it so you don't have to.

don't forget that Brad hoped someone killed themself because they don't like gays

Cockslut's education was free thanks to mommy and daddy.

look at the cucks at chez apocalypse. they've got degrees as far as i can tell

Lewis has a degree in english, which didn't help with the horrendous writing in his show at all

I think Douge has some kind of film degree or something. I just remember he made student films

Noah has a masters in computer science, although apparently his work was unimportant enough to outsource it to curryville

most of them are pricks, but beardo has rumors that he likes being pegged floating around

Douge's degree in communications. The laziest do-nothing major of all.

Spooners only has a BS in Computer Sci not a masters. The lazy fuck took 5 years to get it too.

No. His normal Doug-reviews are either shallow as fuck or pure pandering. He once did a vlog series on Avatar: The Last Airbender; people had wanted him to review the movie and so he needed to have some context and decided to watch the cartoon and give his opinion after each episode. The vlogs started getting popular and so after he was done with Avatar he moved on to Legend of Korra and Adventure Time. The Avatar vlogs started out pretty honest, but with Korra and Adventure Time it turned into fully-fledged pandering, no man get this excited about a children's cartoon like it's pure crack.

Then there are his editorials which he does every two weeks between Nostalgia Critic episodes (or used to do, I haven't watched him for a long time) which are just pretentious pandering. Basically, there is nothing interesting or insightful in his critiques, he will never point out anything that's not obvious to everyone.

Most of what they will teach you in your bachelor's degree in CS is just memorizing algorithms, no wonder that sort of thing gets outsourced.

The best video he ever did was his Batman and Robin in 5 seconds, which was just a graphic closeup of shit coming out his ass

no

Have you been to Holla Forums?

Ironically jacking off to CP doesn't count

No, I'm talking about the freaks who endlessly analyze and speculate about shit like Steven Universe.

50k starter pay is actually pretty good

I don't read the steven universe threads but I know on Holla Forums they do analyze ATLA. And they bitch about LOK a lot, because it sucks.

wait he has a communications degree? I see him talk about film and he mentioned he used to be an animator or something.

sorry i meant illustrator.