Just finished watching the most recent season of The Walking Dead, what does Holla Forums think of this show...

Just finished watching the most recent season of The Walking Dead, what does Holla Forums think of this show, and the direction it has taken?

Studio meddling turned it into a shitshow instead a decent timesink

lmao

Negan had a decent episode and the show is a lot better than the S2-S3 days, but it's still just average. Something I watch as a guilty pleasure.

Shitting on soap operas because of zombie kids is uncalled for.
Everyone knows General Hospital has the deepest lore.

What exactly are they responsible for?

I feel like his scene started out nice and tense, but Negan took too damn long making up his mind, although I guess I can understand how lots of viewers might have been worrying about their favorite character being chosen, I didn't really give a fuck though. They should have capitalized on the moment and had the Saviors do some disturbing shit to them.

–Meant to add, simply killing one of them and letting the others go didn't feel dark enough to keep up with the tone the beginning of the scene had set.

Watch all the videos about walking dead, he goes into pretty good detail why the show went down the shitter

There were two.

They kicked off the original Director and replaced him with a hackfraud, cut funding while doubling the episodes per season, and generally tried their best to make it shit.

If you're really interested, Adams review goes into quite some detail about the behind the scenes-fuckery.

it's shit

Thing is, the source material went down the shitter near the end of the prison arc too, so it's not like the show had a bright future even if things hadn't gone so badly.

Watching it now, thanks.

Finished watching it. That's fucked up what AMC did to them, though I'll be honest, I didn't really notice a major drop in quality from the second season, although I hardly remember the first time I watched it, so maybe it's just that I knew where it was going upon re-watch.

I enjoy the comics still, It's just that now, with the whispers and all that, everything feels kinda tired.

i'd say this, having read the comics up to just before negan

the show started off great with season 1. season 2 was crap, should have been over in 8 episodes. season 3 was better, but they still fucked up by killing off certain characters, though most of them had been written shitty and were betrayals to their comic counterparts, so i'm not too upset over it.

season 4 was where things started to turn around. we were given the proper prison battle, and from there carol became a super badass. the show generally followed the comic much closer from there on, with some diluting every here and there because of characters in other characters' spots and such. season 5 took a nice dark turn, and from what i remember in season 6 it upped the ante. i think season 7 will be some cool shit, but after that i can't say since they'll have caught up pretty much with the comics and then we'll have another game of thrones situation on our hands.

I might give it 3.

I don't think that will happen. They can pad out so much shit, they will manage.

well, as it is, kirkman already has a role similar to grrm with the show. he's mainly a producer, with some writing credits here and there, and i think even he knows that it's closely creeping up on him to the point that he'll have to either end the comics, or tell amc to write their own shit from X and on. not to mention that there are plans to have at least another 4-5 seasons, so long as the ratings stay up. they also have that shitty spinoff show that hasn't died out yet, i really can't figure out why (i guess the plebs are so hungry for anything twd that they'll even take scraps). i couldn't even finish the first season, it was so boring.

Gay character arcs for diversitys sake and tweenage drama with Enid completely ruined whatever good quality the show had post season 3

its shit, I wouldve put up with shit if the characters werent so fucking inconsistent, how hard is it to write people that are consistent especially with the endless possibilities of a zombie dystopia, fucking saul did it and its in fucking new mexico sans apocalypse

most obvious example: a character is routinely giving zeds headshots and then next scene because we need dat drama mane the character completely forgets how to shoot and starts whinging like a cunt, usually with his/her foot stuck underneath something.

the zombies are as dangerous as the story needs them to be at that moment, the entire fucking show is basically deus ex machinas

they do the same thing with motivations, its just really badly written and thought out, like 90% of it, occasionally theres a "good" scene but they have become less and less, the fucking farm was almost better than the last few episodes, what in the fuck are they doing and why, I dont even care anymore and i kinda did at some point

fear the walking gringos is even worse tho, somehow they made it even worse

Is this trolling?

It bored me with zombies

Then it got worse

z nation

Just another themed soap opera.

They realized the female public won't watch anything else but soap operas, where "story" means quarrels and drama over the inane. In short, nothing ever happens but bitchfights.

Show was over the very moment Rick killed Shane, way back in season 2. He was the last bastion of common sense and entertainment left, and with his death, I knew the Soap Opera had taken over.

With constant prodding by my cousin, I made it to about halfway into season 5. I couldn't give a single fuck less about continuing from there.

That's basically everyone.

So long as no drama needs to be generated they can hit every fucking zombie, with every shot, be they running, stationary, or a football field away. And these are people that didn't hold a fucking gun before the apocalypse even begun.

They didn't have the good premise and characters the comic originally had. Instead they let leftists come up with the "ideal" cast, naturally featuring a modern, liberal not-family where both mother and daughter are coalburners and the son is a emasculated fuckboi on drugs.

I stopped watching there and the portrayal of firearms just got dumber. Flashlight suppressor on a goddamn revolver, the Gov's handling of his AUG, the backwards red dots n shit.
all of these idiots would have maimed or killed themselves with their handling of firearms.

Grabage
Shit

dubs

I'd say the comics were pretty decent up until after they defeated Neagan.

Last one I read had Negan show up to join the Whisperers, and I kinda stopped caring even though he is the best character and I'm glad he's back. I'm betting the show will kill him off because the actor won't want to stay around that long. They can power through Negan + All-out War in one season, right? If they stretch this shit out I'll be so pissed…

what's the problem? Carol + Tyreese's sister are taking the Andrea role b/c she was stupidly butchered then killed off

if you don't watch it, why are you here? why are you bumping?

Slowly went to shit after Darabont left. He actually had big plans for S2 but they simultaneously cut his budget and increased the number of episodes. Hence endless farm, which I actually liked a lot more than most people.

Woodbury was just poorly handled and silly. Some of the stuff after that was alright, but then they just repeated the Woodbury trap, of, oh look, this place looks like a nice place to settle, oh wait, it's run by psychopaths, a few too many times.

I stopped watching after that.

I stopped reading after kurl beat the shit out of two kids with a shovel.

I figured there was going to be some predictable "oh no should we jail him" drama because he's the head honcho's kid.

I'm the guy who made the thread (last post was ), but he's not entirely wrong. Just because the "strong female character" meme usually translates into a poorly written mary sue cunt who's just a much bitchier version of a male action hero, but with zero flaws (besides being a cunt), doesn't mean tough female characters are always bad.

That being said, you didn't really offer any discussion, so I don't blame him for thinking you're just an anally flustered shitposter.

Lurk.

They are always bad.

Calling for someone to sage a topic just because they don't like the show the topic is based around is using sage as a downvote.

KYS, newfag

Back on half/k/ you could expect a thread after each episode aired where some brave soul would post the best of the worst.

He told you to lurk and didn't even sage or imply he was attempting to sage.
If you weren't a newfag you'd realize that sageposters' names are always blue.

the series is lame

Season 6 was probably the worst, I'm done with this show after that crap.

Glenn and Abraham are going to die in season 7 btw.

The show sucks because the source material sucks. I remember slogging through the comic until fucking pic related.

A "badass" negress with a katana and the tamed zombies of her abusive boyfriend and his buddy.

And beta cucks defend TWD as "a realistic take on the zombie apocalypse". They are the real zombies.

Lurk.

why are you so afraid of black women? Can't you enjoy entertainment without bringing identity politics into it??

Identity politics are human nature, nigger. We're tribal animals. Stop trying to force your universalist worldview on a species that isn't built for it.

The best thing about Michonne is that she's a lawyer, and the kitana was a wall decoration – and yet she uses it like a pro, effectively, to decapitate zombies left and right.

Yep, it's a summer child.
Thank god school starts this week.

I don't know how you could possibly enjoy anything if you shit your pants and trash everything at the first sign of something you don't like.
You're like some fat tumblrtard looking for Prince Charming and refusing to spread her disgusting snatch for anyone that isn't 100% perfect.

Deal with it, faggot.

Go back to Reddit if you want to get text-fellated, Rob.

Excellent rebuttal Hitler dubs.
Seriously, do you even watch TV or movies?
I can't imagine you would considering the kind of shit you're getting riled up over is prevalent in nearly everything this board is about.

How fresh off the boat are you, newfriend? Look at the catalog. Hating (((modern TV and movies))) is what this entire board is about.

I only read the comics after a compendium comes out. I can't do serial releases where I have to wait for a small bit of progress every now and then.

Andrea in the comic had actual development. She spent the prison arc learning to shoot from the Green's.

The actress they got was better looking and more athletic than super-gran and the diversity hire too.

I stopped watching once the started faking character deaths. Should have quit earlier, but Morgan dragged me back in only to disappoint with his lame-ass aikido philosophy, the 'martial art' even weebs think is a joke.

Seems like they've been trying to correct going off script since the prison. All the cliffhangers and 'shocking twists' have burned me out on the story, which was only slightly above mediocre to begin with.