I feel like I'm getting lobotomized every time I watch an American Gordon Ramsay show, but I can't stop. Why?

I feel like I'm getting lobotomized every time I watch an American Gordon Ramsay show, but I can't stop. Why?

Also there sure do seem to be a lot of gay niggers and Muslims on reality TV these days. I understand why they're shoving hajis down our throat, but I'm not so sure who the gay nigger propaganda is aimed at though.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20140701195459/http://benstarr.com/tag/is-masterchef-fake/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because you're a hopelessly average Amerilard who refuses to venture past the comfortable western entertainment which is all you know.

Pic literally related

I've watched more anime than American TV by far.

Ramsay is no longer worth watching.
He claimed he would never be some celebrity chef very early in his career, and for a while some of the shows could be written off as genuine programs made to help people, or just get people interested in cooking, it's really just progressively gone down hill.

Master chef is 100% rigged, it even says so in every single episode during the credits that the judges do not make any final decisions on who goes through, the producers do.
After slogging through season one just to see some bakery cunt win with RAW CHICKEN in the finale, I stopped paying attention to anything Ramsay is involved with.

Even Kitchen Nightmares is massively edited to shit on the restaurants and the people who work in them.
The audio team edits in the sounds of flies, and slimy squishy noises when he is eating at the places for the first time, and he nit picks extra hard on the first dishes he gets and yells at people, which they then later edit out to make it looks like someone is blowing up at him out of nowhere.
They even edit in his reactions to things later, and add in quips and jokes so he seems more clever, or like he got the better of someone, and then edits in their "reaction" to it to make them look even more foolish.

He is a hack, I feel bad that I used to respect him.

American cooking shows in general tend to be absolute ass trash though.
Just look at Iron Chef America.
It's a complete bastardization of Iron Chef.
The producers decide who wins, again.
They get extra time, up to hours more time just to make more dishes.
They know the secret ingredient in advanced.
And the crew and stuff even assist in making the dishes for each chef.(whom usually only makes 1 single dish themselves, with assistance)
Then they bring these hacks on other cooking shows on their channels and revere them as Iron chefs like it's some big deal.

the food network is the WWE of the cooking world.

PS.
Bobby Flay is the worst human being on the planet.
He needs to be bombed along with ISIS.

Anime is marketed highly towards a western audience.
And eastern Audiences eat up western entertainment like it's going out of style.

Then why are you addicted to bottom-of-the-barrel entertainment? Cooking shows of all things; and then to make matters worse: Gordon Ramsay. Why?

You're a fat chick, aren't you?

Attack on Titan isn't representative of all anime. Either is Naruto.

I saw his old documentaries, and know all about that stuff. It's a true trainwreck. I heard that Gordan originally did this because he had massive debts for some reason, but I highly doubt that as he's always on TV.

The niche obscure anime you watch isn't representative of 99% of Anime.
Naruto is.
So is all the slice of life anime. (which is shitloads of it)
And Gundam Anime.
Bebop, Champloo.
Every fucking Anime with a hip hop or blues soundtrack.
And every anime with a punk rock theme.

It's all colorful, flashy, and says very little while trying to sound really philosophical so that even idiots can understand their messages.(none of which tend to be anything that interesting or ground breaking mind you, most of it's just fight the system gubmint bad, look beyond yourself, believe in yourself, friendship is magic horsepoopy)

It's like it was almost all tailor made for autists in their 30s-40s and edgey teens.

Part of me wants to believe he is just stuck in some Illuminati tier contract that forces him to continue perpetuating the 'anyone can make it!' mentality pseudo-competitive shows where they just pick the most marketable person to win.

Untranslated != Niche obscure

Easy their ken sama, my power level isn't high enough to handle you just yet.
Show mercy, plz.

lol

I wish I could hate you to death.

This is what I miss, more than anything related to US vs British broadcasting.

Just a cooking show about how to fucking cook.
None of this lifestyle trash, stories about the cooks children that have no relation to the cooking, and all these disorienting jump cuts every goddamn second.

To be fair, shows like Kitchen Nightmares and to a lesser extent Hell's Kitchen are not really about the food, but the talents of the cooks.
That's fine, what I'm talking about is modern cooking shows with celebrity chefs (like Ramsey) in a kitchen, explaining how they make food.

It's all style, no substance.

I grew up watching Julia and James Beard. Shit was so nice.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Especially jump cuts, these make their way into everything. I'm pretty sure I saw an IGN video where jump cuts happened literally every 3 seconds. I just want some cheerful, warm person teaching me how to cook and not hear their life stories or see footage of them dining with their friends or that shit.

Yeah, I went ahead and looked for a clip to demonstrate what I was talking about. I found this, and the biggest issue is that damn camera.

Gordon isn't the worst offender as far as these shows go. Those first two minutes or so have him show off his irrelevant kids, but once he gets into the actual cooking he sticks to it, atleast up to the 5 minute mark where I am.

The issue is the camera and editing. It's so disorienting.

Now I think Ramsey could make a good show, by taking some cues from Julia Child.

Gordon has charisma, he can keep things interesting and has the upbeat pacing that millenials crave of their entertainment these days. So the feel should really be driven by him, not the editing. Keep the shots simple, and coherent, like the Julia Child show, and let Gordon do the work of keeping the audience entertained.

Oh, and some subtitles on how much to use of each ingrident as the cook mentions them would help lots. Most of these cooks will just eyeball the amount on everything they add to the dish.

Isn't that how everyone cooks? Like the first time I make a recipe I read measurements to get a rough idea of what proportions I need. Then I eyeball it. Every time I fiddle with it a little more until I get exactly what I want.

Jesus fuck I never pay attention when I watch these things I just put them on in the background to have noise while I am working on something. I just tried to watch GR make scrambled eggs, and the camera was jiggling around jumping back and forth from shot to shot every few seconds. It was dizzying.

Watching some more Julia Child. She strikes me as the cooking counterpart to David Attenburough.
Both in that that they value their insights enough to take their time to teach them to you, without ever showing off or rushing it, and this line from Julia:

She gave that yeast a character, much like David does for the animals he talks about.

They probably do, I just suck at cooking.
Still, if you're going to attempt their recipe, you need some parameters on how much of each ingredient to use. In this same video, she eyeballs it, but still has the courtesy to specify how much she's using.

And again, Gordon is a fun host, but the editing just ruins it.
It works better if you just leave the sound on and go off and do your own thing while listening to it, like you said.

The worst part is, this is British Gordon, isn't it?
American Gordon would make a huge deal of that toast burning.
First the camera would zoom in on it, with a dramatic music cue.
Smoke would be coming out of the toaster, and gordon would fetch the fire extinguisher.
Gordon's wife would come onto the set carrying a mudmask and resentment.
Cue commercial break and man explaining what youre seeing. And repeating himself after the break.
Rest of episode spent sucking up to wife, discussing how the mess the fire extinguisher left in the kitchen has delayed the show, and then eventually cleaning up the mess in a sappy montage featuring the whole Ramsey family pretending to be working.

Anyway, I must be off to bed. Good night, guys. Nice talking to you, and thanks for introducing me to Julia Child.

Why do you format your posts like this?

You mean, without greentexting the american gordon part?
Just didn't occur to me, and I was too lazy to change it after I'd written it.

Sorry?

meh, I genuinely have tried watching anime but I really lost interest in it around age 17. That was when I started getting girlfriends and having a social life and stuff. Once you get there, you start to realize how artificial and utterly soullessly generic literally all anime is.

It sucks, I wish I could enjoy it. But it's just not good.

What did he mean by this?

I was talking about how you don't continue paragraphs, but instead line break.

the gay niggers are aimed at you, amerifat

It foreshadows the twist that user (me) is also autistic, along with most Holla Forums anons.

I think reading greentext stories has rubbed off on me.
Must be off again soon though, busy day today.

1:20
Why is she running out of breath handling pans? Was she a 5 pack a day smoker or something?

Why are US Gordon Ramsay shows so terrible?

Claps are retarded.

End it.

What did he mean by this?

I think she was fairly old in that video.
Old women tend to get tired really easily.

She was a 6'5" 70 year old woman. Of course she was going to get worn out and exhausted.

The T.V is shit for cooking shows. Literally the only thing worth watching is Man Vs. Food and his related shows.

Even Ramsey, on his JewTube channel, constantly sounds like he's on the verge of an asthma attack. Faggot, you're making chips, not doing a fucking triathlon, holy shit, it's so annoying. I want to like Jamie Oliver, but he's insufferable.

Joy Of Baking is God Tier cooking.

I like Jamie Oliver, I like his 15 and 30 minute meals.

web.archive.org/web/20140701195459/http://benstarr.com/tag/is-masterchef-fake/

Here's a good blog post by a former masterchef contestant that explains a lot of the bullshit that goes on.

That the man acts vastly different depending on what country he is being presented to should show you how fake he and by extension every other "celeb" is. Nothing you know about them, even personal details, are true. It is all shit made up and packaged for public consumption.

Getting into drama based cooking shows or cooking shows that don't actually teach you how to cook at all means that you are at the lower end of the intelligence spectrum. Nobody with an IQ above 110 would watch such garbage.

thats like saying, because macdonalds is properly, it's representative of the baseline quality of fastfood in general.

stop being retarded

anime is for ppl without lives.

faggot

Yeah, I'm a burger and the musical ques are pretty jarring.

You watch Gordon Ramsay because you look at him like the father you never had. Unfortunately this chef doesn't derive his authority from masculinity but from the money that his producers pay to low skilled workers. I suggest you watch more Schwarzenegger movies.

The show is fake. Everything on TV is fake.

I have actually worked at some celebrity chef restaurants like tom colicchio and bobby flay. They rarely show up to the restaurants. When they do its rarely to direct the kitchen or cook food. They usually just check the menu and the food and make some minor adjustments.

Usually you see mexicans working the hot line and chicks making the pastries.

Being a celebrity chef is just a brand. Ramsay is a hack.

There's your problem.

Mc donalds is representative of fast food in general though.
The most stores, the most popular, the highest selling.
You're the one being retarded.

Most fa/tv/irgins accept that TV and movies in general these days are ass trash.
You have to learn to sift through the garbage to find the golden nuggets.
The same can be said for anime, times 10.

Yet you weebtards act like Anime is some sacred chalice of a medium that is above all else, and defend all the trash anime, whilst you guys probably only even enjoy a percentage of it. (unless you're one of those really extreme autists)

So stop getting ass mad about your precious animu.

Watch the UK version.

bump

bump

bump

stahp

I wish Ramsay was my personal cook.

Ramsay's UK shows are real.

Boiling Point
F-Word
Kitchen Nightmares

These are all excellent. But Fox sexed him up for american audiences. You can see Gordon's delight in the F-word when they had that season about selecting britains best restaurant and he and his team went from good place to good place without the danger of food poisoning.