Times when the movie was better

Times when the movie was better
than the book

Fucking hell this board is shit nowadays

same universe, different trilogy

Sorcerer's Stone

>>>Holla Forums

fuck you

This is true, although that's not saying much.

Those are good books, but for some reason seeing them in that comic makes me hate the comic.

Nice projection, commie.

This is both the worst and the best bait I've ever seen.

Couldn't agree more

Not even joking.

anything i disagree with is bait

t. Holla Forums

FAT

AFRICAN

TITTIES

fuck the hobet

It's because comics are a pleb medium and referencing something patrician in there without actually doing anything patrician comes off as insecure and unbelievably pretentious.

literally all the bourne movies are shit. At least the ludlum books have some fucking consistency.

kill yourself
yes, i know you're baiting
but kill yourself nonetheless

The Godfather

it's slightly less shitty than the book, yes

That is an awesome movie. Why can't DC show these in the theaters instead of producing shitty live action stuff?

Coincidence?

That's not exactly a big achievement. You could point a camera at a wall for two hours and end up with something better than any Stephen King novel.

he has a few decent books, mostly the older stuff.

salem's lot
the stand
IT
the talisman
the mist
bachman books
the old gunslinger
old short stories

this

I assume

more like ShIT.

ebin post my friend :DDD

I seem to recall a movie that was barely related to the book it was based on but was way better. I can't for the life of me remember it.

Amazing that 3 pages from the Bible can become a 70 hour epic

wut

We can list prettymuch every stephen king movie. Mostly because stephen king sucks balls.

bait

I don't know man, the book was REALLY good, as was the movie. It was an excellent adaptation, though.

Is that the one where they're stuck in a supermarket?
That movie sucked balls.

You are correct on both counts

Here's some other films that ended up better than their live theatre counterparts.

Only because the original book goes nowhere towards the end and then just finishes. It's much stronger at the start.

I agree with this only because the "fuck you faggot your son and the last couple of people you give a shit about are dead because you didn't wait 5 more minutes for DA ARMY" ending was hilarious.

I remember seeing this on tv when I was little and it scared the shit out of me.

Pet Semetary was pretty scary, though the movie was complete shit.

Even the author thinks so.

He's right though. Scifi books are always shit.

No he doesn't. He thinks it's a good movie adaptation of his work, the only good movie adaptation of his work, but he's said many times the book was better.

And I agree with him. The movie did a good job of condensing all that plot down to two hours

seriously its a fucking pamphlet not a book, also sun tzu would have raped machiavelli 6 ways to sunday, diplomacy is war and all war is by deception

The Art of War's not that thick either.

Maybe they're the big print editions. Maybe the Lazarus Pit's side effect was to make Jason Todd retarded, necessitating he only read big print editions of books

Yeah, it's clear the artist never read them

The Prince was written for a more sophisticated political landscape… not your land of chink ants and eunuchs.

It was clearly the movie that got Frank Darabont his ill-fated Walking Dead job

Hardboiled Private Detective Deckard > Henpecked Husband Deckard

The funny part is how asshurt he is about The Shining film

puhleeze, machiavelli was a run of the mill manipulator with a narcissistic flair, there are thousands of men just like him now and then, only they didnt write books about their trade, its kind of an unspoken law like with magicians

historically he was another parasite crawling on the bloated, fetid remains of venetian society, and I wouldnt be in the least bit suprised if he read sun tzu

Tzu on the other hand was a dirty little slant eyed yellow genius, a caliber of cunniving cunt that only comes along every thousand or so years

his work has echoed through the ages, from the most esteemed commanders of men to the prison yard, again and again his tenets ring true wheter you like em or not

imagine trying to analyze 4gw geopolitical fubar of present year using say…clausewitz, you fucking couldnt outside of a few lofty phrases.

when you look at it through a sun tzusian lense however, it makes perfect fucking sense

machiavelli was right about mercs, ill give him that, someone should tell the burgers oh wait thats part of the plan

Well, certainly nobody remembers or cares about the live-action/CG movie…it was like Babe without all the memorable parts

How would he have read Sun Tzu? It didn't make its way into Europe until long after Machiavelli had died

for normies maybe, considering the venetian banker scum that he associated with had an inside man even with the mongols, its very possible that some of it came west earlier

The Hanna-Barbera one isn't necessarily a must-see, but the songs are nice and it's a good popcorn movie for the kids. I see that term used to describe abominations like Despicable Me where it better describes something like Honey, I Shrunk The Kids, The Goonies, or Space Jam.

The author of Charlotte's Web hated the 1973 one, though. He turned down Disney for Hanna-Barbera and was disappointed by the bright colors and happy songs by the Sherman Brothers. It just goes to show that some of these book people take great pride in their ignorance.

Oh baby, yes!

The only thing I don't like about that movie is Captain Cold. He was basically an ultra-generic ice villain.

Just about every DC animated movie from the last 5 years has been better than its comic counterpart but for all the wrong reasons. It's like they went into each project with the mindset that they're doing a salvaging job, then they take shitty ideas and poorly told comic plotlines, and turn it into something that's decent.

Except for this one. They took one of the most overrated graphic novels that was decent at best, gave it to a hack screenwriter, and wasted everyone's talent. It's so terrible that not even the cu/co/lds liked it.

What does this apply to other than Flashpoint Paradox?

Everything New 52 is terrible. The animated movies that adapted New 52 plots managed to butcher the original plots into something almost worthwhile. It doesn't validate the existence of New 52 by any means, it doesn't make the movies good enough to stand on their own, but on a scale comparing the other DCUA projects to each other, it speaks more of the people who worked on them rather than the source material. They had to start with shit and work their way into something less shitty. Because let's face it, almost every DCUA movie has been terrible.

The only DC Animated Movie from the last 5 years that's been good is Gods and Monsters

If you honestly think the new 52 movies are good, watch them again. They're fucking god awful, War especially.

Flashpoint Paradox was good, so was The Dark Knight Returns, although it wasn't a perfect adaptation.

Gods and Monsters is pretty overrated.

I never said they were good.

Gods and Monsters was 10/10 you absolute plebian.

It's above average for what's typical DCUA fare, but it's still overrated to no end.

I disagree. I think Gods and Monsters gets just the right amount of praise. It's not the best thing Bruce Timm has ever done but it's still yards better than the vast majority of recent DC animated films

The film is pretty much a straight adaptation. As far as I remember it condenses the shootout in the street and its follow up with the two sheriffs.

Because people still cling to the outdated idea that cartoons are only for children.

He's always been an ultra-generic ice villain.

I have fond memories of this film.

maybe cartoons are not only for children
but capeshit cartoons definitely are

fight club

I didn't even know there WAS a book.

very loosely based on Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

this

Not that loosely. There's one scene in the book and film that's almost exactly the same and a bunch of other stuff that's very similar.

There were no electric sheep dammit!

ITT: People who clearly don't read books

There was that unicorn though

the setting is also completely different
in the book los angeles is a post apocalyptic ruin devoid of people, who left for the colonies on mars
in the movie it's more of an overcrowded cyberpunkish metropolis

Stun tzu didn't write anything revolutionary. He just wrote down common sense strategy that would make any military officer say "no shit". The things he wrote were nothing new.

Not him, but I was under the impression that the shit he wrote is common knowledge specifically because so many have studied it.

capeshit comics aren't books

I've never seen that Batman Returns poster before.

The movie is very different from the book

Agreed. I liked the extra detail of the book, but the movies ending was better.

My 'The Prince' is almost that thick but the pages are just a tad bigger than A6

pick one
It's a fucking satirical piece that plebs have started to believe in unironically.

That would be true if you ignore how Sun Tzu revolutionised the army and strategy, resulting in him greatly expanding the kingdom for his king.

That's possible, but it's a very modern view. More likely is that Machiavelli wrote an unusually blunt guide to politics as it's practiced, even though it didn't fit his ideals.

Why aren't there more movies about Renaissance Italy?

Comic book memecunt

just like telephone books

And a lot better. Strugatsky Brothers themselves contributed on the screenplay.

The movie might be way funnier but the book at least makes sense.

the book is also about three times as long

They're both awful

true. at least the movie didn't make me fall asleep six times

If we're talking about novels…

agreed