Why did bateman not kill this dumb hoe?

why did bateman not kill this dumb hoe?

Other urls found in this thread:

contactmusic.com/vincent-gallo/news/gallo-regrets-roger-ebert-curse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder this is the same actress who blew Vincent Gallo in Brown Bunny then after Roger Ebert called the movie out for being a piece of shit Gallo cursed him with cancer and even though Ebert later tried to take back his review wound up dying of cancer anyway.
contactmusic.com/vincent-gallo/news/gallo-regrets-roger-ebert-curse
She also performed what was basically CP in Larry Clark's Kids with a kid who later killed himself. Chick's been involved in a lot of greasy shit.

would fuck

Because he realized that unlike prostitutes (nobody gives a shit about them) and fellow yuppies (nobody can tell which is one), killing one of the people closest to him could get him caught.

Plus he felt pity.

She was cute in the Zodiac. Shame she's a slut whore.

Sharp chin

good post

She's ugly and plays innocent despite delving in that dirty world and being dirty

I'm not saying I'd want to improve myself so I can make her my wife. But there's something about her that hypothetically makes me want to take her out for a two piece fried chicken dinner. Then drive and park somewhere secluded, grab her by the waist, rip her panties and stuff it in her mouth, manhandle her and lay her on the hood of a car and fuck her right in her butthole, while choking and slapping her around. Not enough to leave a bruise but enough to get her cheeks rosy and her dirty roastbeef flaps even wetter. Then I would write across her teats with my permanent marker, "whoreslut".

I guess I'm an old fashioned romantic that way.

Individuals should really stay the fuck out of meme magic; shit gets out of control too easily.

She was too much of a genuinely decent person and wasn't a threat to his ego. Plus yea her death would throw a lot of suspect on him.

Bateman didn't kill anyone.
That was the reveal.

But why didn't he fantasize about killing her?

Because she's the only thing in his life that's not completely hollow and he knows it, even if only unconsciously.

That was the reveal
Wat

You left out

I read somewhere that the author hinted that Bateman married her and moves to Connecticut.

It was all in his head, dumbfuck.

Actually, you missed the point of it.
It's sort of open to interpretation, but not really.

In that world, everyone is the same, and concerned with shallow details like the labels of their suits.

Throughout the film you see many mistaken cases in identity, because everyone is the same: everyone looks the same, everyone acts the same.

That's why Bateman had an alibi: his "friends" thought he was with them, but they weren't. They were with someone else entirely. And the lawyer had dinner with someone who he thought was Paul Allen, but wasn't.

It's a satirical commentary on how shallow and materialistic yuppie society is. The reason Bateman got away with the murders is that everyone was too self-absorbed to notice.

Also the evidence of the murder of Allen is quietly covered up because it would devalue the price of the condo.

haha fuck, good point

it's really the ultimate post-modern killer movie, which reflects on the book well despite the changes. in a movie like Seven (and I like Seven), grim detectives search a grim world for a killer, but at least there's hope. in American Psycho there is no hope, no one even notices, too self-obsessed. too busy consuming to notice consumption, etc. i could go on for a while but hey let's don't.

In the book, Patrick mentions on numerous times that he intends to marry Jean. In the movie, when they're at his apartment and Evelyn leaves a message on his answering machine, I think he gets overtaken by how much he can't stand her, and his urge to kill subsides.

In the American Psycho emails, which were used to promote the movie, but written by Ellis, but approved by him, Jean and Patrick are married and have a son.

No, faggot. Bret Easton Ellis outright says that Patrick did in fact kill all of those people.

Just like he blew up the cop car?

Roger Ebert already had cancer at the time. It wasn't really much of a curse.

That's basically like if you were bald and I said 'I hope you go bald'

That was part of a psychotic episode that was supposed to highlight his insanity. Most if not all the murders in the movie happened.

The movie is a bit stylized and over the top. The characters' stupidity and obliviousness is exaggerated. Bateman outright tells them that he's a murderer on multiple occasions but it goes over their heads. In the scene when he meets his lawyer to talk about the murders he confessed to him he doesn't even recognize him as Bateman. He says he had dinner with Paul but that's probably also other guy he confused with Paul.

And the fact that's unclear means he's a shit author.

To be fair, it's more clear in the novel.
You can sort of interpret it as 'it was all in his head' with the film.

Theres a reaction image that I think is from that scene where he's annoyed by Evelyn's voice mail and he's sitting down with his eyes closed with a very annoyed expression on his face and I can't find it for the life of me.

You're why they don't let little kids in R rated movies

The "I browse r/MovieTheories" starter pack. Lemme guess, it doesn't matter what the author says, the interpretation of the audience is far more important (so you don't have to admit you're fucking wrong).