British comedy tread

no americunt shit allowed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gaDifPYX8-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FECK OFF

still need to finish watching this

thats good? I know its got Simon Pegg and the other guy in it. Really liked both Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz

But that's Irish?

The writers were micks, but BBC produced it.

Bottom is the best britbong show period

I liked the little of it that I saw.

Die in a fire faggot

The writer of that show is probably the biggest cunt on Twitter and given it's Twitter that's saying something.

Yeah I watched some of the first season so far, I'm guessing it gets better yes?

It's pronounced boo kay

looks funny what is that?

on it

Potate Graham shit

Yes. Season 3-5 is the peak. I seem to remember reading somewhere they were told to avoid anything too SF in S1 to avoid alienating audiences so it's mostly just odd couple sitcom shit with as much SF as they could sneak in.

Peep Show

Peep show.

So it's Squidward: the Show?

Holy shit Tony Soprano

I remember enjoying this.

Every character in this movie comes off as an unorganized mess who doesn't have their shit together.

The show (Thick of It) was just as good. Skip the first 2 seasons though, were still trying to figure out the formula + not related story wise anyway.

Pretty much though it's a lot better than it sounds.

If Squidward was a melt, then yes

When he was casted to be in doctor who, after seeing him in this I was expecting Malcolm Tucker as the doctor, that would have made the show watchable. It's a real shame he wasn't.

Got the sense from interviews he did that Malcolm took a lot to play and he was happy to let the character go after season 5. Like Jordan giving up on basketball to go play baseball and golf instead. Too bad, if the movie had done better there could at least have been a sequel to that.

They absolutely are connect story wise. There is also nothing wrong with the first couple of seasons.

Anyone who disagrees is a faggot.

Well, too bad they couldn't produce anything of worth because of this.

First 2 seasons are decent but the pace isn't as good and Malcolm is completely watered down. Link related from first season, it's basically just low energy proto-Malcolm. Also haven't watched in a while but pretty sure the 2-3 transition only involved a few lines at the beginning of the first episode, to me Nicola Murray's entrance is when the show actually begins.

I know that feel ; ;

In Ireland, with an Irish cast. It's like saying that The Quiet Man isn't Irish because it had American producers.

DUDE LOW CLASS PEOPLE LMAO

what a guy…

OMG SO FUNY LELELELEL HE SAYS FECK

Oy Begorrah! Remember an Gorta Mór!!!

I was very tempted to make this comment too, but it was made by the BBC

But it isn't Irish. American director, American star, made by an American production company and an American film studio and all the indoor scenes were filmed in Hollywood - in America.

Arguing The Quiet Man is Irish is like arguing How Green Was My Valley is Welsh

I feel the opposite. Later Malcolm just became try hard because he has to be an angry Scot who swears a lot.

Check out Snuffbox & Darkplace

Goodness Gracious Me

No it wasn't it was independently made for Channel 4

it is nigger

feck off

am I funny now guise XDDDD

Same thing

inspirational

Eh, it's alright. It stars Simon Pegg, co-stars Nick Frost, and is directed by Edgar Wright too (who directed the Blood and Ice-Cream Trilogy). My issue is that it doesn't have the same solid feel as the films, it's just a general sitcom where not a huge deal happens, but it's got plenty of funny bits and tons of kino references which makes it more than entertaining; even the said references tend to be subtle stuff like mimicing scenes or shots rather than manatee gags like in American shit.

Is Extras worth a watch?

It already triggered you :^)

LOL I love this show

tbh

I don't think a remake of a hit Swedish comedy "Sven in the Den" really counts, user

What is "British" comedy exactly? So far all I've been able to narrow it down to is extreme cynicism mixed with awkwardness.

It's that, filtered through a culture of refined manners and restrained emotional expression.

Watching shit produced by swj carercow potate.
shiggy diggy

I understood about half of that

I enjoyed it. The ones with the English guest stars are usually better because they do more than one scene. I think my favourite might be the one with Patrick Stewart

Absolutely plebian.
seriously, it's a great show

Yes. THe first two seasons were made with a low budget and were very sitcom-y to make up for it. Starting with season 3 the scifi elements are ramped up little by little and jokes got better.

Then season 7 came and it went back to shit.

the lad that wrote IT crowd and father ted (as well as co-wrote Black Books) is a massive SJW cuckold

I'm surprised nobody has put monty python here yet.

or young ones

He co-wrote Father Ted, and indications are that Father Ted was mostly the other guy's idea

my nigs

I CAN'T BE IN LOVE IF IT'S PLASTIC

I need to rewatch The Young Ones some day.

Check out Bad News too, funnier than spinal tap

Part 2 here: youtu.be/gaDifPYX8-w

honestly fam, i don't think the country that brought us "dude weed lmao" has any right to make witty remarks about other countries' sense of humor

Are you trying to trigger potato niggers?

Brits bankrolled it. It's sort of like whether you'd consider Game of Plebs a British show or an American one.