Dark City > The Matrix

Is this even debatable anymore? Every now and then, I can still rewatch Dark City and get drawn in.

The visual and sound effects for the reality bending were very poor. I think it would have been cooler with only a slight sound cue.

I didn't like Dark City

they're both good films

Basically every sci-fi > The Matrix

Anyone with any experience of actual SF prefers Dark City. Those who do not (or those who consider Star Wars SF) prefer The Matrix.

Dark City is a great concept executed very poorly.

The Matrix has some pretty slick action scenes though.

Dark City was executed extremely well with the acting that was done and the only thing that may hold is back are some dated special effects. If you care about story in movies then that wouldn't even make a difference to you.

Yes its better and its really damn good. It explored its ideas well without dumbing it down. Speaking of which should we post more 90's sci fi movies? Here's one.

Can anyone recommend more of this type of scifi?

Also i vaguely remembered watching a similar style of scifi where the protagonist were able to telepathically control broken mirror piece and kill the bad guy with it.

For the rest of my life i couldn't remember the name of the film and the rest of the film.

Foreshadowing for greater, more degenerate things to come, considering how BOTH brothers are now out of the closet

was that the shadow?

That's "The Shadow", the '94 movie with Alec Baldwin. It was bretty gud but not a blockbuster by any means.

Lamont Cranston is literally the grandpa of Punisher and Batman – specially Batman.

I know Rageaholic is an autistic fag, but he goes in depth as to why The Shadow is OP as fuck and shits all over Bats and Bats fanboys.

that was nice but predictable af

I completely agree.

From what I remember, the guy finally gets control of some machine or engine that can turn thoughts into reality, and instead of something creative the movie ends with a DBZ-style screamo match. I remember being pretty let down by that

Tex Murphy, it's more of a scifi noir with comedy elements and it's also a good FMV game. Yes it's one of the few good ones. The FMV games start with the third one btw.

WITH GASOLINE

Is that Kid Chameleon?

Ending duels are always hit and miss. Especially in a story focused film, what can you really do. Even Blade Runner is just some boring fight in an apt. building.

It was also sad to see Bumstead go.

This was terrible.

Matrix was made to early, if it was instead made in 2006 or 2008 it would have turned out better.

I'm convinced the first Matrix was a complete and utter fluke.

The story wasn't that great and the ending was silly…
The atmosphere, music and Jen Conny are fucking amazing though.

its shit

I disagree with you.