Is this the most powerful scene in modern cinema?

Is this the most powerful scene in modern cinema?

The soundtrack alone makes me cry. It just reeks sadness, grief and loss.

This was the peak of The Lord of the Rings trilogy IMO.

The Ride of the Rohirrim in RotK is better

t'was breddy good

for me it is

here's how much of a pussy i am: i can't watch fotr because of it, like it left that much of an impact on little tolkien-loving younger me. i just start at the two towers

wow you're a fag

Do you have to ask?

figuring out a way to tell my parents is the hardest part

The scene with Sam hoisting Frodo on his shoulders was better.

Actual saddest scene in a movie about a book about epic battles coming through.

Peter O'Toole was a god tier actor. RIP.

This thread is the most powerful scene in modern cinema.
t. Tolkien scholar

I didn't remember Brad Pitt to be such a shitty actor.
But maybe he just looks so particularly bad next to o'Toole.

That was genuinely good scene

user who posted the video here, nope, Brad Pitt is usually worse. This is one of his better performances. Brad Pitt is a complete meme actor.

Hector is also the hero in the movieā€¦

When I first watched the trilogy, I cried when they were sitting on the mountain after destroying the ring, straight through to the credits.

This scene, the quietly uplifting soundtrack, the script, it never fails to grab me.

in twelve monkeys he was breddy good

Anyone can seem like a good actor when playing a crazy or retarded person. This is true more generally. The less relatable for a normal person the role is the more believable it will seem. Very few actors ever win awards for playing average people.

well, that really makes you think

It means people are entertained by retards

God there were so many good scenes in the LOTR trilogy.

No, it's when Inspector Detector asks Racer X why he doesn't reveal to Speed and the family why he's actually Rex.

lmao dank meme fam XD

Sad that the movie with the best scene is the weakest of the three overall. I can also guarantee you a scene like that wouldn't be allowed to be played straight in a modern film. Imagine having a (non African) King make a speech and then white men saving the day? The modern version, of course, would have Theoden be incompetent and Eowyn have to take over and lead the charge. She'd also have to beat the shit out of a generic misogynistic rapist character at some point.

Oh, there would definitely be a member of the Rohirrim who would get a bit too physical and she'd effortlessly put him in his place.

I do wonder how they'd handle Arwen though, since I expect having a woman give up immortal life for a man is pretty problematic.

Don't forget how they'd rewrite the death of the Witch King. The fact that a Hobbit is also technically 'no man' will be forgotten and she'll defeat him in a 1v1 fight. Alternatively a 2v1 with help from the other 'female' (i.e. tranny) character/love interest they'll add. Also be sure to have at least one Rohirrim who sexually identifies as a warhorse.

Swap her and Aragorn's genders. He can be a stay-at-home dad and also be fine with her fucking other men on the side (Legolas seems like a good call since he's popular with female viewers). Problem solved. Also tumblr always bitches about there not being any brown people in pseduo-Western Europe so we'll make her a black woman. Fuck it lets make her fat too. It is, after all, 2016.

Gandalf the White is now Gandalf the Black. He is unfairly shot by the Fountain Guards in Gondor despite having his hands up.

And yes, I'm aware they don't have children at this point in the book but Aragorn was totally ok with adopting Arwen's kids from a previous marriage to a Southron who fucked off back to Harad rather than pay child support.

gender roles*

But Legolas couldn't be a man; all of the wood elves are genderfluid.

Oh, good point. While we're at it let's change their pronous to xir/xim and zer/zim. We should probably change things like the Black Gate to the Gate of Colour since it's racist otherwise.

#orclivesmatter

If you do youll be a dissapointment to them forever.

what is this bullshit and can it return to tumblr?

this scene is great up until peter jackson went full retard and hamfisted 'theres good in the world and its worth fighting for' into it

not only is it cringeworthy, it completely kills the entire scene and is contrary to what Tolkien himself was writing about (although I'm not complaining about that modern audiences are far too pleb to appreciate the message in the book)

I just wish Jackson was able to use the following passage, and its probably my favorite in the entire book.

This is a good scene too.

For the most part, Jackson did an amazing job.

This is one my favorites. I can see two soldiers in the first world war (or any war) speaking to each other like this as everythings going crazy around them

I feel somewhat jealous of Tolkien's optimism, even though I haven't experienced even a quarter of the suffering he had in my age.

well, autism aside i too wonder if those movies could be done today
especially the third one where you had the battle of minas tirith with those evil middle eastern-ish folks and all
also, nice satanic dubs

i meant trips
sry, i'm a faggot

Tumblr complains about this type of shit and more on a regular basis. I've seen actual essays about how describing evil things as black is racist without understanding dark v light is a common theme in fucking everything.

black and white, dark and light as evil and good are only common in white society. it's pretty ethnocentric to assume thats true everywhere. platos cave is the product of a white patriarchal society, if there was a society of black skinned nocturnal people the common theme could easily have been reversed

Light and shadow are only common in white societies? Really? And are you sure that ancient Greeks thought of themselves as "white"?

Average movie but that shit brings a tear to my eye.