ITT: flicks/movies/films/kinos that are literally ANIME

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LNuq5v7INeo
youtube.com/watch?v=IsMTpSDAGxM
youtube.com/watch?v=yNdhDq-DF8k
youtube.com/watch?v=XMXgHfHxKVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think a better list would be Anime that is literally just a reskin of American or french comics/cartoons of old.

I mean, meme guy protagonist is basically every fucking action comedy from the beginning of cinema.
Token Animal friend has been a thing since the beginning of fucking time.
And the other 3 as well are pretty par for the course.

How is some shit slice of life, high school harem comedy in any way western?

I said flicks, not gookflicks.

That's more just based on Japanese male inferiority complex.

Seinfeld, Napoleon Dynamite, sitcoms, etc.

Now that's pure japanese.

I know it's supposed to look like a WW2 era Jap battleship but fuck me thats such a shitty design for a space based war vessel it makes my fucking head hurt looks at that fucking thing al the weapons are mounted dorsally limiting field of fire to maybe a 180 degree hemisphere (and thats not taking into account the occlusion that fucking retarded conning tower would have on said field of fire effectively cutting a 30 - 40 degree slice out of said firing arc.

If you want to build a good space battleship you make a triangular prism with no projecting structures (other that mounted weapons that way you have a full 360 degree sphere of firing solutions and allowng the aft to mount the propulsion system and the front to hold some kind of main gun (think rail gun)

t. autist

or a bank of missiles and magazine

where do you think you are

UNO

Getting caught was part of his plan

Anime and Western animation are very, very different.

This is an old American cartoon:
youtube.com/watch?v=LNuq5v7INeo

This is anime:
youtube.com/watch?v=IsMTpSDAGxM

I'm having some difficult seeing the resemblance.

Those are Japanese movies and you never specified what country the movies should or should not be from.

What does it have to do with an inferiority complex?

The kind of SoL you see in anime is not the kind of SoL you see in American shows.

Tarkovsky BTFOd your ass, fag.

Yes, it's totally not a show based around a Japanese man's fantasy of being in a Western environment. (and getting all the poon of course)

>>>/Reddit/

The issue isn't animation, but general themes and tropes you goddamn weebshit autist kike commie niggerjew.

It's the Animation too.
The techniques are copied directly from Disney in the beginning, and later implementing digital techniques some American animation companies use.
The japs do have their own original techniques and styles as well.
Though most tend to revolve around using less frames to save time, and warping features and faces in an effort to make movement look fluid. (though don't look too closely or the smoke and mirrors falls apart pretty quickly)

Of course you ultranationalist lunatics think everything must revolve around the West and everyone outside the West spends every waking second thinking about all things Western.

Schools in anime are based on Japanese schools, and your conception of the differences between Japanese and American schools doesn't make sense. School uniforms are outright fetishized in Japan, and in anime there usually isn't that much variance in them (characters just wear them a little differently). Parties and cliques and doing stupid shit don't have little if anything to do with the school system.

What general themes and tropes?

After the war Disney was #1 in animation and Japanese animators sought to emulate it. This didn't last long, though, because TV anime started being developed in the 60s and became the standard form of commercial Japanese animation. TV anime threw out Disney's techiques and notions of being like Disney.

Anime makes far more extensive use of digital effects than American shows.

People always post this. Out of the massive, practically endless amount of animation cuts produced in Japan during the last half a century, this is the one that keeps getting brought up again and again as if it was representative of anything.

How does Tyrone-sans egg roll taste?

You people are retarded

It was claimed that anime is a reskin of old American cartoons. I responded by posting an old American cartoon and an anime from the 90s. At no point were we talking about what is good and what is bad. And yes I am claiming someone is cherry-picking when they think that single animation cut is representative of something.

But ok, here's a Mickey Mouse cartoon from June 2013:
youtube.com/watch?v=yNdhDq-DF8k

Here's an anime from the Spring 2013 season:
youtube.com/watch?v=XMXgHfHxKVM

Animation is just smoothness of frames, and in that regard American animation and Japanese are pretty similar, though usually American animation has more, and this is a style choice by japs when trying to make animation look fluid.

The biggest different in American and Japanese animation however is that our Animation isn't a big export.
Japanese animation is a huge export.

There is more money in it.

This is why the best American animation you will see are some of the older Disney movies.

Which BTW, still have better Animation than 90% of anime.

This is what I was responding to:
Literally a reskin of old American cartoons. So why are you complaining about me comparing an old American cartoon against a modern anime?

When did anyone mention target audiences and budgets?

Just how far are you planning on moving the goalposts?

Animation is a lot of things, and smoothness is the least important of them. Smoothness is the #1 priority in American animation, but in anime it is not.

Even if anime is exported more, it's not a relevant difference let alone the biggest one. There is a mile long list of differences between the two.

Smoother doesn't mean better.

Nothing worth responding to here.
You've made no new cogent points and you continue to ignore what was actually being said to you.

Just kill yourself.

So you can't come up with any responses, realized you're in over your head and are now retreating. Ok, thanks for playing.

You have fun there kiddo.

When will the normalfags stop sperging out about anime? Everyone already knows that you guys hate anime, no reason to go on & on about it, just lurk more.

It wasn't a false equivalency, I didn't do any cherry-picking and I didn't post any bait.

I actually like a lot of Anime.
But I'm not stupid enough to think that any of it is very original.

Most anime revolves around really bland goth fat chick fan fiction levels of edge.
Or just the most generic reskinning of whatever the last popular anime was.

>>>/oven/

It's very different from Western animation and entertainment at large.

So you watched one anime that happened to be like that (or you imagined it to be like that), and now you think it represents most anime?

Generic is not a real word, and it sure is strange how Japan is the only country not allowed to make things similar to previous things.

Why?

To be fair it's just one sperg, but he's persistent in every thread.

>if you don't like anime y-you're a newfag lurk moar

It isn't. That's the reason why I said it isn't.

You people have kept misusing it so much for so long that it doesn't mean anything anymore.

Tell me more.

You're the ones who decided to abuse the word. Don't try to act like the victim.

The fuck are you even talking about anymore?

It's completely obvious what I'm talking about, so don't play dumb.

Explain yourself.

There is nothing to explain. You know what we are talking about. There is no possibility for confusion here. If you really have nothing to contribute except playing dumb then maybe you should just move along.

Explain yourself.

There is, again, nothing to explain.

When your parents enter your room and smell shit, cum, and bodily fluids, there is nothing to explain.

But you're going to have to explain how anyone was playing the victim, and how the word is being misused.

And also how generic doesn't apply to 99.9999% of Anime.
If you really have nothing to contribute except playing dumb then maybe you should just move along.

This is how:

You'll need to explain why it doesn't apply to it before you can claim that's proof it's misused, dumb ass.

It applies.
Now go kill yourself.

Also, explain how anyone was playing a victim, or don't respond.

You need to explain why applies, since your usage of the word is utterly nonsensical. Which is exactly what I mean when I say the word is misused.

It's very ironic that you people always do this. You keep misusing the word again, again, again, and again, and when you're called out on it you suddenly appeal to its dictionary definition, which you've never bothered adhering to.

It's pretty obvious that you're trying to play the victim here, even though you're objectively in the wrong.

I showed you how I meant the word by showing you it's fucking definition you dumb gook, which I adhered to.
And now you're just moving goal posts by claiming some strange group of others misuses it a lot, so there for I can't use it's proper definition in context.(even though I did,and I'm right, and you're stupid)

Do they follow you?
Are they in every thread waiting for you to say something so they can torment you with their smiles?

Now you're actually misusing words.

It's complete nonsense to say that all anime is generic. It shows either a deliberate misuse of the word or a lack of understanding of what it means. It doesn't matter what definitions and synonyms you cite.

I didn't say anything about any group. Generic is just the go-word people on imageboards use to attack anime or some aspect of anime, completely regardless of what they're attacking. It could be actually generic, or it could be very unique. It doesn't matter, it's still always generic because reasons.

No, that would be you.

That's right.

Where did I say that?

You are the one who is objectively wrong. That's simply how things are. It doesn't have anything to do with "I know you are but what am I."

That's just like, your opinion man.

No it isn't.

Where did I shitpost?

Is this anime?

Through a Zack Snyder filter.

That's what i was hoping, but it's too safe and uncute, stick those funny crazy asian movies like tokyo gore police.