Rambo Thread

Is it just me or did this series undergo the most awkward tonal shift of any movie franchise in existence?

No, you're spot on.

It's why First Blood was fucking great, while every other Rambo movie was complete shit.

what did he mean by this?

I dunno. I kind of enjoyed 2 and 3, even though they eliminated all the substance of First Blood, and even though 3 fell into that 'Brave Mujahideen' warriors trap that they then had to backpedal out of.

I've seen dumber movies, basically

It's a big tonal shift, but makes sense. Rambo was crafted, and then he realised the world had no use for him other than to kill. Part of him knows that his ability to be an unstoppable murder machine almost demands he use it to better the lives of others. It's really tragic, he doesn't want to kill, but it's the only thing he's any good at. I feel bad for John.

Was this thread inspired by the first blood copy pasta in that vietnam thread? That was me. Glad I could help produce something here not related to cucks or misshapen GOT cunny.

No. It was inspired by me watching the movies

That USA lost the Vietnam war.

Rambo 1: Rambo gets taken for being some kind of terrorist, Rambo flips out and proves those small town bigots wrong
Rambo 3: Rambo fights with Islamic terrorists thus proving he is in fact a terrorist
SHERIFF WILL TEASLE DID NOTHING WRONG

The muhajideen were proud defenders of liberty and allies of the Freeā„¢ West.

Shut up CIA. YOU SHUT UP!

Hmmm

oh yeah? then how come there's American troops in Vietnam now, and not Vietnamese troops in America?

How come there's more Mexicans in San Antonio than white Americans if Texans won the Battle of Alamo?

weird how the rich win every war
must be coincidence

Not at all, they can afford more ammo.

Back over the net. Nice.

what was his fucking problem

this is the problem when you change the ending of the book

Typical Oregonian

That was the original plan.

Also nice trips

fuckin test audiences

i wish someone would put this scene into 1080 so there could be a fanedit with it. also i kinda cheated on the trips, i was posting in a few threads and happened to notice my post number.

yep, post 9/11 release

What did she mean by this?

Thank goodness thank to rambo I feel I won't ever have to judge anyone again.

Part II and III were dreams.

I felt the same way you did but then I watched Rambo IV and it actually tied it together pretty nicely.

That's how I prefer to interpret it too. 1 and 4 was the one that happened to Rambo for real, everything in between was a daydream hallucination for him. 2 was his fevered dream, he actually was in asia but all he did in reality was pass by a tourist temple, got into a barfight, visited a brothel, got a ball of hashish on his way home, and smoked it to calm his PTSD and 95% of the events of rambo2 was all Rambo's dream.

Rambo 3 was basically the same deal, except he ate some shrooms and tripped balls when he saw some generic late 80's action movie set in afghanistan. Rambo was still in asia however. The period between the end of 3 and 4 was when he started to lay off the drugs and started to go clean and sober.

Sheeeeit, "first and last movie was real for the character, everything in between was a dream or altered memories" also works for the Rocky movies. Substitute drugs for getting punch drunk.

fucking lol, thanks for starting up the wallah snackbar trend again burgers, really did us all a solid on that one

what if they were just dreams he had in his prison sentence?

They don't even trust him to park a car :(

Back in nam he could fly a gunship, he could drive a tank. He was in charge of million dollar equipment.

Are you a faggot?

I endorse this post.

nice try, Holla Forums, but we all know it's the Jews who win every war

I thought they were pussy ass hipsters though?

Naw, throughout history they just incited then profited from both sides. Zionism changed all that though, now they have Israel to point at say "look goys we soljas n sheet." Now they get free real estate + get the money handed over to them in plain view.

Its an awkward shift but one I don't think is entirely unrecognizable.
First Blood is about a Vietnam vet trying to fit in but gets fucked over by the sherrif so he goes apeshit on the town.
Rambo 2 does have a bit of carryover with the vietnam theme where he goes back to rescue american pow's but the action is more crazy.
Rambo 3 goes full on crazy in Afghanistan to the point the climax of the film is Rambo piloting a Russian tank against a Russian officer piloting a HIND.
Rambo 4 returns him to the original tone and finally concludes his journey.

what did he mean by this?

That his disproportionately large head was hot.

Nobody mentions the cartoon?

It's not just you. It's bizarre.

There's justification for it, but it's ultimately really dumb. Rambo should be in therapy. Logically he should be spending the rest of his life in analysis like most other people in his position. Not going back to the battlefield and appearing in dumb action movie sequels where he shoots the shit out of some Russians and leftover Vietnamese like they had him doing

It's like if they did Unforgiven or some shit, and then some suit decided that they should make a sequel and the William Munny character should become like this gun for hire who goes around America killing leftover Confederate soldiers and hold-out slave owners.

Holy fuck, I had no idea this existed.

There was only one book and it only deserved one movie. Everything after was Stallone's narcissism.

It didn't, you're in the Bernstein universe.

I like these interpretations. I don't care if it's a cliche.

back then everything had a cartoon version

Holy fuck this looks like the coolest shit ever

My parents wouldnt have let me watch this in a million years

you probably had no idea there was a robocop cartoon either. beetlejuice, ace ventura and back to the future as well.

Live action RoboCop series > animated RoboCop series

was there more than 4 episodes of the ace ventura show? didnt it have weird al in it?
there was an earthworm jim show as well.

Just finished it. I cried ;_; why did they all have to die

Why are all 80s cartoons so homoerotic?

That might explain the overabundance of faggots today

Doctor Pavel played in Rambo III.

Kill yourself, weakling.

I had to look this up. Holy shit. Looks like a different person.

damn he really does look middle eastern.

CIA will be jealous.

He's from Israel

EVERY FUCKING TIME