WTF have they done with Vegeta?

So I'm up to the martial arts tourney on Super. Now, I'm probably biased due to Vegeta being my favorite from DBZ, but they've really fucked up his character. Or more precisely, removed it all. Seriously, where the fuck did his character go? I was looking forward to seeing the post-Buu Vegeta that was maybe more mellow and lighthearted that they hinted at the end of DBZ. But no, Vegeta fucking never interacts with his family, still bickers with Goku, and is back to being obsessed with becoming the strongest. These motivations used to be fueled by his crisis of morality, his struggle to adjust to a peaceful life, and his hatred of being weaker than a third-class Saiyan who is ignorant of his own heritage; these issues were resolved. He pretty much just acts exactly like Piccolo now: stoic and disinterested.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iMdQXYQ_MD8?t=92
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vegeta pretty much replaced Piccolo's role. The popularity of the character made him a regular when the role was already filled.

Who's the Doc now?

Batman.

youtu.be/iMdQXYQ_MD8?t=92

Dragon Dall took a nose dive after Cell death and hasnt stoped since

wtf i hate vegetable now

You mean during the Freza saga. Going " super sayian " was the dumbest shit I have ever seen.

DUDEU FOODU LMAOU
t. ✡ Satoru Rogenu ✡

He's still my favorite character

I can't imagine why. Everything that was enjoyable about his character was wiped away after Namek blew up.

I don't enjoy super all that much at all. It feels like a hockier less dramatic version of z to me. As much as I want these charcters to get some sort of a good conclusion, I don't think the writing team or the creative personnel are capable of managing it.

i liked him in gt

When GT starts, Vegeta's character actually progressed to it logical conclusion post-Buu. He's settled down, trains less, grew a mustache, and is spoiling his daughter.

I never watched past a few episodes, so I can't comment on anything that came later.

I want this meme to die. GT wasn't and isn't real.

He had the episode where he went shopping with Bulma and Trunks. Stepped up to sacrifice himself for trunks when the blob thing magic fuck water was gonna take him over. Protected bluma by putting cotton in her ears when Berus was screaming about something. Is kinda supportive to future trunks now.

He's come a long way character development-wise and isn't a complete faggot like he was in GT.

He also isn't as far behind Goku as usual.

I'm gonna be pissed if Goku ends up being the one to beat black

goku will beat black. if vegeta was meant to kill frieza in resurrection f, it would have been so. but goku is always stronger and better because toriyama has a hard-on for him

Didn't toriyama say something about wanting Vegeta to take down a major villain?

Toriyama wanted Goku to die on namek but the studio wanted Goku back. He's always tried to make Gohan succeed Goku but a combination of fan outcry and studio influence has kept Goku alive and Gohan's potential squandered.

nobody liked gohan anyway

I actually laughed so hard milk shot out of my nose.

You forgot the pickles.

Yeah but not entirely. He was motivated by freiza. He was Frieza's bitch just so he's spare King Vegeta's life, but killed him and everyone else anyway. Vegeta was evil as a way to cope with having to work for Frieza (and all the murder he had to do for Frieza). His power lust was the result of his hatred of Frieza and his need to kill him. Without Frieza, he has no purpose.

This shit could have been expanded on, but wasn't at all.

I don't know if this is satire or not. It's almost cohesive and almost comprehensive. It's impressive in a sort of way.

It's wrestling lingo.

It is satire and it is brilliant if you understand the patois. It is poking fun at certain members of the WWE and DBZ at the same time. It is seriously a 10/10 in joke.

they're right though
frieza was supposed to be the big baddy
the undefeatable space genocidal monster that even the most ruthless of saiyans fears
what do we get after him?
an old man, a fat clown, a bunch of thugs, a big bug and indestructible chewing-gum man

I'm going to ignore GT and super

Freeza came back as Golden Freeza though, he only lost because he's an idiot.

Why do people keep trying to make this meme? GT never happened, never was real, and the fans who insist on inserting it into DB or DBZ conversation are autistic fuckwads that need to let their "show that's real in my mind" go.

only niggers like dragonball.

The people producing DB treat it like just another part of the franchise even if some fans don't like it.

Except Dragonball is good though.

It's up with there with the "Super" meme. Some faggot it drew kaioken goku and called him super sayian god. Then they drew him blue and called him "Super saiyan god super saiyan".

Gt is just pure autism and shit by itslef anyways to be honest.