Have you ever met anyone that liked South Park that wasn't a complete jackass?

Have you ever met anyone that liked South Park that wasn't a complete jackass?
How do people like this show? Nothing happens, it's full of unfunny references, muh sex jokes, muh offensive jokes and other retarded shit
It's fucking terrible, it's not even visually appealing

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/aC4d2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Moralfaggot detected

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a retarded cartoon if you aren't autistic about it and its the only thing you enjoy. Autists ruin everything if you focus on them. They seem to be there in droves for anything animated.

Southpark is sometimes funny. I've never been a diehard fan but I'll watch it if it happens to be on.

Everyone was 12 at some point, user.

It was quite famous in the early 2000's, afterward only obnoxious half sperg half PUA wannabe talk about and laughing about it alone.

It was really great for a few seasons (I'd say S3-S8, similar to The Simpsons).

Very much a bridge between Old South Park and New South Park

Compared to the Simpsons, the first two seasons are still bearable. The Simpsons had a lot of growing pains in the first two seasons and its really hard to stomach their primitive editing. While South Park's first two were primitive, they still come off as internet cartoons which fits their origin and this adds to their charm.

Seasons 1 - 8

Seasons 9-11

Seasons 12-17

Seasons 18-19

I haven't bothered with the last two seasons. I'm extremely skeptical to the reaction towards them, especially the latest season. A lot of people keep claiming that South Park finally has the balls to stick it to the SJWs as they say but it seems to be more of the same softhanded blows. I still see it as Matt and Trey (more like just Trey since Matt doesn't care) taking tiptoed steps around the issues with the left, their usual target, and as a result they've lost their edge and there's no teeth behind their bites. Either they're so completely out of touch that they don't know what they're dealing with, they're afraid of doing what they were good at doing, or they're deliberately side-stepping the issues.

This is going to piss off people, but yeah a lot of the fans are assholes and maybe i fall into this since i'm a fan myself. It's really alarming when severe fans use the show as actual arguments for serious discussion.

The show obviously parodies life. It's still scary how some people easily let television speak for them. It's a satirical show, it shouldn't be to define your opinion.

Muh bait, it's a funny show but i actually agree with you on some criticisms on it and i'd recommend the early movies by the shows creators before baseketball.

All of their movies are great except BASEketball

But here's another little-known gem

BASEketball wasn't even their own movie. I forgot how they got into it, but I think it was a friend of theirs who asked to be in it. They even insult the movie in a south park episode.

it's a template thread you autists

God, make me young

First time I saw that meme, sorry

Jokes on you. Some people actually wanted to discuss South Park and just needed an excuse.

South Park has yet to reach the Simpsons' level of decline.

this is a pasta right?
90% sure i've seen this exact thread before

It's nowhere near the deep chasm of decline that The Simpsons fell but it still fell pretty far in quality. Lots of people don't understand how bad The Simpsons has gotten, it set the new low years ago. But as it still stands, South Park hasn't been good for almost 10 seasons. That's approximately an entire decade of decline. Here's some highlights:

Remember the time Wendy beat up cartman because muh feminism? Remember the episode they go on a field trip and literally nothing happens? Remember the pinewood derby episode? Remember the tune butters became a pimp? Remember the entire episode dedicated to Matt Stone's piss fetish? Remember the NASCAR parody? Remember the time they did an episode based on Human Centipad to appeal to Matt Stone's scat fetish? Remember the time they had a crack baby olympics? Remember the time butters was a mexican? Remember "Faith Hilling" ? Remember the entire episode dedicated to ziplining? Remember how terribly unfunny Sarcastaball was? Remember the WWZ parody?

Those are the ones just off the top of my head.

I don't know what you're getting at with all of that. All of those episodes aren't 10 seasons ago.

Matt has a scat fetish? That's news to me.

Those episodes are within the last ten seasons.

Matt and Trey started South Park as semi-autobiographical. Trey's avatar is Stan. Matt's avatar is Kyle. Nearly all the original episodes are based on childhood memories, reinterpreted into the South Park setting. Matt's way of inserting his scat fetish goes back to the episode that introduces Mr. Hanky the christmas poo, which includes a scene where the school's counselor, Mr. Mackey, diagnoses Kyle with coprophilia (scat fetish).

Also, coprophilia is extremely common in jews.

everything thing made in the 2000's, roughly s3 - s13 was alright. After that episodes started to get boring, even the "good" stuff made in the last few years can be really boring episodes with only a handful of jokes

South Park is similar to south park in the fact that both they're target audience are idiots.

archive.is/aC4d2

Does that mean Trey has a vomit fetish?

Some episodes are good, some are fine, some are utter shit. Last season was mostly bullshit with fucking overarching plot. It had a couple of good points but ultimately was filled with bullshit and their moralfaggotry.

Last season was great, get out /leftypol.

That's unusual on here.

My boyfriend a-actually I'm not sure if he'll be my boyfriend for much longer… likes it…

That episode was a fucking meme and Zombie South Park as hell

I'm available, sissy

He broke up with me but then I had a breakdown the first time we saw each other as "just friends" [insert thing amounting to "we're back together and to quote him 'it hurts so much to see you sad' "] so unless he's had a change of heart at some point I'm just emotionally blackmailing him now and fuck is it awful

In case anyone didn't realise, this guy is a bottom. Just thought you ought to know the sky is blue and the grass is green as well.

look at the cowboy bebop thread

Is Zombie really appropriate when it technically tries harder than the pure pisstake early seasons?

Unconscious thought~, not to mention the effects of what is functionally a hive-mind in knowledge~

I was saying that even mediocre episodes like that one were so long ago, but to me it they still feel "new". If you say "South Park" I think of episodes like Spookyfish, Chinpokomon, and Trapper Keeper.

Anything after season 7 is "new" to me.

To me season 6 was the last great season, but season 3 is probably the best

I really wish I could buy an Alabama Man.

Gay

I say it was decent the first 3 seasons. After that they used the show to display their own political views.

I don't say that those are wrong or bad, I just don't like it when TV tries to tell me what to think.