Is it ok to hate a show because of it's fanbase?

Is it ok to hate a show because of it's fanbase?

Are there any Television or Movies that you hate due to the fanbase?

Steven Universe

seems like a fun enough show, but the fanbase is worse than Undertale's

I don't know how to feel about that. It may be childish to hate something you might like because of others, but damn if it isn't annoying to enjoy something, and thinking you want to meet like-minded people who also like this thing you like, only to find that their discussions are either too shallow, seem to talk only in memes or catchphrases, or a bunch of people who don't seem to have a sense of humor and self-depreciation about the thing they like. Sure, some people here may be NO FUN ALLOWED at times, but they're not the kind of people who'll glare at you because of a raunchy joke or black humor, or an out-of-character image someone posted.

That's why I keep coming back to these boards, you people have a spine and a funny bone, other people and sites don't.

Why would you let other people control what you like/don't like? Just avoid the fanbase.

It's not. Terrible characters, terrible writing, terrible designs, and wanna-be soap opera shit.

I was about to start watching got until I heard a guy talking about to another guy in the queue for the post office. I was thinking "what a fucking gimp" Decided against it in the end.

I actually liked stranger things

Imagine that your worst enemy just read Gravity's Rainbow. Is it now a bad book? No.

no, it was always a bad book

yes, that's an accurate depiction of the average Gravity's Rainbow fanboy

it was just an example used to prove a point, child. your special snowflake opinion isn't relevant.

yes and no
if the show is good on its own, then no. pic related is a good example. the show on its own is pretty good and has very little influence from the cancerous fanbase.
if you can get into the show, it's pretty easy to disconnect it from the awful shit you see out of tumblr.

if the show is bad to begin with, like stephen solar system, then yes, because they both tie in together to create an even worse whole.

It mostly affects me when I post here and other boards. Like I might want to discuss a show that I'm wavering on and get other opinions but if I know that the show has a insufferable fanbase that will shit up the thread then I don't bother.

It's like the Sonic fanbase

I haven't seen a damn thing about this shows fanbase. maybe you should stop going places where shitty fandom fester and just enjoy your shows in peace

The sonic fanbase are actually pretty cool people.

t. Sonic fan.

Imagine a group of people won't shut the fuck up about gravity's rainbow. They have late parties and egg your car. Then they attack and rape your mom and leave a copy of the book stuffed in her gaping asshole while she sobs into a pillow.

Do you like gravity's rainbow still? Do you associate it with positive things?

That's basically what fandom does.

You guys are the best, i want to sit with you guys
in the recess time.

Nice projection there, fag. How about you go back to cuckchan /lit/, no one will take you seriously here.

I hate Monty Python because it's bottom dollar wit for simpletons. Love the gags, love everything from the grail to even catching the flowers from the live stage play, but fuck people who use it constantly.
Hate the Dresden Files because these obnoxious nerd fucks would never shut the fuck up about it. Ever. They would go ON and ON about how great it is.
Same fucking thing with Disc World really. I can forgive and enjoy some parts of disc world, but holy fuck can anyone just enjoy something in peace and quiet without dealing with High Level Social Autism. Like fuck Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Homestuck, Sonic, Fazbears Home for Autistic Niggeroids- Like goddamn son. The trauma caused by these cystic sacks of human garbage make me want to just check the fuck out from enjoying anything ever.
Thank Christ I enjoy my stuff in silence.

It's a fucking terrible show. Kill yourself.

You can hate a show for any reason you want. I hate a ton of movies and shows for stupid reasons. I once stopped watching an anime because the other characters kept being mean to my waifu, and teasing her.

Just don't use the fanbase as an argument against the show when you get into pissing contests online.

>there is no living place to talk about videogames that does not suffer from all of the above

With those, SU, and Undertale it seems like fandoms for anything that's popular tend to be shit (especially when it's something meant for or attracts kids and teenagers)

so anything with a sizable fandom on tumblr is shit. Seems true tbh fam.

Yes.

Supernatural

I judge shows based on the shows themselves. There are shows I like that have fanbases I find annoying, but I still like the shows themselves.

I quit going on Holla Forums around 2011 or so. Returned for the GamerGate threads, but then the threads got censored. Holla Forums Holla Forums was pretty good right around when the first exodus happened, but then it went to shit. On the bright side, I spend more time playing vidya.

Who gives a shit?

I never even watched most of the sitcom garbage airing on TV (TBBT, HIMYM, etc) and I still despise all those shows and their fandoms.

This ain't reddit, kid.