Current Holla Forums memes as of 21/8/2015

anything else?

?

Must be European.

my bad

8/tv/ has a few original memes you didn't mention.

Generally the memes are started on 4/tv/ then transition here due to crossposters.

Signature Spice

What's with Holla Forums trying to force maymays? Sometimes checking the catalog there are 12+ of the same template maymay threads.

ftfy

Who is the Orson Wells of anime?

Baneposting opened the floodgates

It really only started recently.

Some fag has been spamming the board for the past 2 weeks or so.

It's been going on way longer than two weeks.

Nah. Baneposting outside the /bane/ thread got me banned/warnings multiple times. Pretty sure that's where the whole subtle bane posting thing started from.

I seen What did he mean by this? spammed for a long time. People even taking some threads to 100-200 replies. That is one autistic person…

I'm talking about the new ones, like "I hate him".

That's mostly a 4/pol/ meme now.

Since this is an image board the OP text doesn't usually have much value,

8ch is a bit isolated from the rest of the Internet so I guess I can see why "what did he mean by this?" is new to some people. Just search for it on Twitter or on 4chan archives.

You forgot headless.

The /a/ equivalent to Citizen Kane could be Star of the Giants or Gundam.

Holla Forums's isolation from the rest of the Internet is one of it's least endearing features, I sometimes feel like I'm trapped on a desert island with a bunch of weirdos.

>anything else?
Yes, obviously:
Hard to believe you missed

Someone also mentioned "It ain't me" template threads, but it's worth repeating.

Vietnam Fucking Shits as well (Wahlberg) meme.

I didn't realize how mostly shit our memes were until you laid them out all together like that. No wonder the BO is losing his mind.

Someone get this hothead out of here.

Oh yeah, I only go to 4chan for /wg/ now.

there was that one meme that was going on here about I hate x, there so arrogant etc. It was done with mostly anime characters.

Go back.

How long has this flick been a meme?

You forgot defending really shitty movies.

Take two steps outside and you will remember you came here to escape the figurative desert island that is reality.

Was that message from the disney advertising exec saying they had been watching 8ch. and stole the idea for TR8-TOR ever verified?

He was all over t-shirts and facebook within a week of the movie coming out.

Still not a reason to memory-hole, just an awakening that the parasites are constantly watching and stealing good ideas wherever they can.

It wasn't a week it was over a month and the post was full of shit. The reason it started being used by normalfags was because of somebody here posting in the actual thread where it started a link to a knowyourmeme page they had created dedicated to "TR-8R" which had a creation date a few minutes older than the post linking to it.

It wasn't until this knowyourmeme page was created that normalfags were even aware of it, or even had a name for the stormtrooper.

It's probably just one mentally ill guy spamming those. Sometimes he'll spend the whole day posting them.

The large majority of them are not our memes they're shit attempts at forcing a meme by Holla Forums or a very autistic group of 3-4 people.

all the new Hiroshima mods fucked up this board by banning JUST and r..e.ddit posting

Good to know, thanks user.

As far as forced memes go it is most certainly the lesser of two weevils

You forgot Holla Forums is taken over by /a/

More like /a/ is so shit they come to Holla Forums. It's a reflection of the immigrant crisis where syri/a/n (((refugees))) come to the glorious western Holla Forums board and ruin our shit. Holla Forums death squads when

AND I'M JAVERT

What did he mean by this? is an offshoot of baneposting. It was used as a means of sticking it to the moderators of cuck/tv/ and allowing banepost threads to stay. You can look for old screencaps and archives of it.

Ex:

So it's actually a 4 year old meme and since cuckchan is visited by normalfags, it spread. Normalfags and OPs may have adopted the meme, but /bane/ birthed it, molded it.

yeah a lot of memes started that way.

it was a push back against the "serious" discussion meme enforced by the mods.

The eternal goon.

the French champBANE

Holla Forums is strange in the way that's it's based on 4chan but it's filled with people that were primarily irc/reddit/twitter/etc users that don't have a good understanding of 4chan culture. There's a constant culture clash because of it.

Makes me a bit surprised that anyone thought this was a new meme. Shit feels so ancient.

That seems a bit inaccurate given 4chan has had a swarm of reddit users come over to the site. It's actually probably a bit worse on 4chan now in terms of reddit users especially since it's pretty much normalfag central at this point.

The disconnect you see now between Holla Forums and 4chan is purely because many people focus on using only one site.

/r/4chan and /r/the_donald adopted 4chan posting style.

Those 2 reddit boards are more similar to 4chan than some of the boards here.

And many people consider the posting on reddit to be a display of the most cancerous elements of posters on imageboards.

Really there isn't much difference between posting on a place like reddit or 4chan now as both are the major web forums on the internet now which practically anyone that uses the internet would know of.

8ch Holla Forums is like if reddit and something awful had a baby, I'd take /r/coontown over Holla Forums Holla Forums any day.