What could have been

Iron Man 2 was supposed to adapt the "Demon in the Bottle" storyline but RDJ and the producers insisted to change it because they feared this theme might have been "too dark" for children.

Man, fuck kids. They ruin everything.

But Iron Man doesn't wear a capeā€¦

you can't exactly make a compelling story about a guy drinking

That was some great comics and it would have certainly been better than the shit they put in Iron Man 2

No such thing

I don't get the hate for IM2 tbh

it's no worse than any other Marvel movie, yet people always single it out

Iron Man 2 was terrible because it was a stupid lead in for the Avengers 2 years before that movie came out. I can't wait until capeshit dies.

I bet if they had ended it with Tony "dying" rather than "retiring" it wouldn't have made a difference

I would if I could.

Just wait. After avengers infinity war and dc capeshit bombs to shit, they will come out with a remake in ten years guaranteed

Capeshit will decline after 2019 and the second Infinity War movie. 11 years of sustained Marvel capeshit will tire people out and it is the end of the current batch of actors playing Capt. America, etc. People will view it as the natural endpoint and checkout, hopefully.

And then it will come back in a few years. Capeshit will never go away completely

that's what they said about Westerns

well westerns do come back once in a while. They never really died.

Do you think they were worried that RDJ would relapse into drug addiction if they did it?

He never quit

yup

Make movies for manchildren only

Manchildren are even worse.

People hate on Iron Man 2 because it was perceived as the first sequel movie to drop the ball. Despite how the complaints over it are quaint in comparison to other marvel movies, the reputation still endures. Ironically all the problems in this movie are even worse in the third movie yet the third movie gets a free pass.

Iron Man 3 was supposed to have adapted demon in a bottle. Would have been better than PTSD Tony and the shit that was Iron Man 3.

I like the first two, but the second is pretty stupid.

well, they definitely did use parts of it and there was a slight tease to the alcohol, just not as much as they should have.

Ivan Vanko was the best film-Iron Man villain

nah. best motives? sure. but the end fight sucked and ended too soon.

iron monger was best film villain. you have a great actor playing an oddball character with questionable motives, a pretty solid fight, with a seeming demise, only for it to not be the case, and for him to get the closest to killing tony.

only cucks believe that im3 would have been better with the girl as the real villain.

what girl?

the girl tony almost hooked up with in the beginning of the movie, she ended up working for killian

How to use this?

I hated how in Iron Man 2, Tony's dad had Ivan's dad deported because Ivan's dad was only a super-scientist for the money.
That was bullshit especially considering how Tony's dad got rich.
I wholeheartily agreed with Ivan's position.

money is evil, don'tcha know

would it have been better if the real Mandarin was the real villain?

Bullshit.

RDJ just didn't want to remind everyone of his drug and alcohol drenched past.

Hopefully we'll get IR4 directed by Mel Gibson and all will be right again.

yes it would, which is why i liked hail to the king

literally why he is the best iron man casting ever

Executive meddling is even worse cancer.

Marvel know what they're doing, if they did something dark and gritty like BvS then kids wouldn't go see it and cuck critics would lambast it.

focus testing in general ruins everything

yeah, why don't people invest dozens of millions in something that they have no idea whether it will succeed

Viewtiful Joe is cool and all but it ultimately sold like shit

Could they have tied that into Avengers 1?

Iron Man 3 was dead on arrival. Shane Black set out to do 3 things:

Bonus:

That last 10 minutes of the movie could not possibly be more stupid.
>"I am Iron Man."

Don't forget:

And it's not like future movies wouldn't mostly pretend it never happened

as stupid as those last ten minutes were, it basically came down to this:

- destroying the suits showed that he was willing to commit to his relationship with pepper (even though now it's off)
- removing the shrapnel after all those years was part of that i guess, idk
- the idea of "you can take away my shit but i'm still iron man" is that tony was never dependent on his technology or some nonsense like that, fuck idk why i'm trying to defend this idea i hated the fucking movie REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The fuck? The movie is already PG-13.

its funny about the Chinese. Disney was making a big deal with how they were collaborating with the Chinese but when I saw the movie there were barely any Chinese actors in it. The Chinese actors only appeared in the beginning and end of the film.

To be fair there are other ways of doing this like market research and being in tune with your consumers. Sadly video game industry is not in tune with the consumer.

Reminder that Disney banned smoking from all their movies, unless it's "historically accurate"

Transformers AoE was China as FUCK. It was clear pandering but it made used of the locations well so I didn't mind.

Pics or it didn't happen

serves him right for selling his company to jews

Actually the jewish acquisition of Disney is a famous case study in hostile takeovers. Disney and his son both died long before it happened.

But Disney didn't get bought out by Comcast

Japan did it better.