What is Kino?

In these archived threads web.archive.org/web/20160805005007/https://8ch.net/tv/res/427504.html and web.archive.org/web/20160807051802/https://8ch.net/tv/res/426590.html as well as information that has been inferred in other threads, A user defined Kino as: "a casual term exclusive to Holla Forums to classify films that take their spirituality level beyond regular cinema, eg. the films of Tarkovsky". Through the process of deduction I have determined Kino is suppose to have these 27 major traits:

That witch differentiates the concept of Kino from regular cinema:
1. Meditative, not experimental.
2. Lack of rapid montage.
3. Played at 1.0x speed.
4. Minimum to no music and/or no noisy symphonic orchestral scores.
5. Dialog and theme often contain discussion regarding human nature and the spiritual longing of the human soul.
6. A focus on "audiovisual poetry" instead of plot, theme, dialogue, or characters.
7. A focus on beautiful nature imagery.
8. Contains poetic sequences of imagery.
9. Does not contain a purpose of teaching man anything.
10. Making a complex plot and/or symbolism is unimportant.
11. It's purpose is to reach the deepest soul of man.
12. Visual effects are unnecessary.
13. The actors are not shallow and/or lifeless.
14. A lack of pretentious grandeur imagery.
15. A goal to be "the most truthful form of art."
16. No "fake imagery"
17. No "pompous, overbearing philosophy."
18. A belief that "montage is a crime".
19. You can "Immerse yourself in them".
20. The films have a feeling of "being alive".
21. A avoidance of "Sergei Eisenstein's Soviet Montage Theory".
22. "Film making, just like poetry writing, is so much more than just theories, such as a visionary poet wouldn't be bound by theories in conveying his visions".
23. You are able to see the vision and personality of the director with how he connects every, character, scene, and image with "poetic links".
24. All shots are "visually perfect"
25. The lack of jump cuts or montage in the conversation between characters lets you focus on the facial and bodily expressions the actors show.
26. The dialogue is never boring.
27. Symbolism, in so much as:
a. Religions symbolism such as crucifix's and or iconography.
b. No symbolism with "hidden meanings".
c. No symbolism that is defined as "2deep4u".
d. No symbolism where someone has to ask, "What did he mean by this"?
e. Will use "a metaphor" instead of a symbol because metaphors can have many more meanings than a symbol.

Is this terminology correct, merely pretension, or clear evidence of this anons superiority complex?

What is "pretentious grandeur imagery"? How is Kino "the most truthful form of art"? What is "fake imagery"? What is "pompous, overbearing philosophy"? Why is montage a crime. What is a "poetic link"? What constitutes a visually perfect shot? What makes dialogue boring? What is "a metaphor" in a film?

Stopped reading there, what is this some EU regulation?

Maybe :^)

:^0

essentially everything made by Zack Snyder

What about Michael Bay? The Rock and Armageddon have a criterion release. He's no more than a schlocky flickmaker, but a great one at that.

It's so dense. Every single frame has so many things going on.

Is it Kino, KNHO, КИНО, or something else?

This pretentious meme had gone too far when it began, and I still refuse to believe more than one faggot is trying to force it on everyone else who is actually interested in watching movies.

>>>/kino/

But it's allready there as well!

>>>/kino/22

I'm OP, and this thread is to get that pretentious user to explain himself.

Its amusing to watch the kino retard and the anime autist go at each other.

There hasn't even been any mention of anime aside from

In other threads. Like these

Having seen 13 Hours, I can tell you that when Michael Bay isn't chasing after franchise bucks, he can make some great action movies. You could truly say that he makes action kino.

Hello Reddit.

"Kino" means "German cinema".

All other bullshit is retards who get their knowledge from youtube e-celebs.

Hi reddit

heyyy reddit

its odd as a kraut to hear these tards constantly babbling about "kino" when its normally something complete mongs or kebabs say to each other here, no self-respecting person goes into a cinema anymore unless its some snooty special release or something, its like 14€, fackin ridiculous

Guten tag Reddit.

probably shoulda seen that one coming

still cant understand a goddamned word yer saying japlover, wat was that

okfine a serious answer:

some of this seems valid but its also seems extremely elitist and downright cunty, all of these "rules" can probably be broken and a film could still hit the kind of..tonal notes that some on /tv are so fucking obsessed withi like those kindsa movies as well, sometimes

my underlying problem with this is that it reeks a wee bit of masturbatory post modernist/structuralist/wittgensteinian/western liberal nonce, which can basically be summed up with:

this, as everyone should know by now, is a Gedankenkonstrukt of the (((elites))) to justify the things they do

That being said, some of these rules also seem to directly contradict that "philosophy", its an eclectic selection to say the least, so I doubt the OP studied film or anything (not that that necessarily matters, plenty of autodidacts and the like out there)

I like the "rule" regarding dialogue being about human nature, some might consider this arrogant as well but I think even an action movie does this if its written well.

This film just popped into my head, I would argue it fits the bill but its also imperfect in many ways and breaks some of these "rules".

Films that try to elevate the medium are good, even wanky lubed-up pieces like birdman, but dont be a dogmatic pretentious asshole I guess

Anime is the superior artform

nope, still cant understand you

Some commie bullshit to worship a specific commie director, (((Tarkovsky)))

lul, burgerfats are hilarious, but also stupidly sad

I'm the one kino guy. Thanks for archiving my posts. It's nice to see another kino enthusiast.

It's clearly pronounced КИНО you dingus.

The term comes from a series of Soviet propaganda films from the 1920's, Kino-Pravda, which means Film-Truth. It's based on Tarkovsky's analysis of cinema in Sculpting in Time, where he wrote that cinema has the potential to be the most truthful art form. He emphasized the importance of authenticity in film making in order to truly convey an artistic image. We don't want it to be associated with communism propaganda, so we call such art films "Kino" instead of "Kino Pravda" or "Pravda", because the title Pravda has been taken by a Soviet propaganda newspaper.

witch???????????????

Deduction, lol, I bet you don't even know the difference between inductive and deductive reasoning. I bet you think Sherlock Holmes uses the process of "deduction."
P L E B
L
E
B

You are the worst kind of idiot. An idiot with delusions of adequacy.

What is this, Chinese?

I admit that I understand nothing.

Its not that hard to understand honestly, dont be fooled by big terms.

Basically a lot of western liberal philosophy is wankly bullshit that doesnt amount to anything, and in fact celebrates the fact that it doesnt amount to anything. this kind of "thought" creeps into a lot of things not just film, literature is full of this garbage, take even a glance into say MLA and you will be hit over the head with all this bullshit usually in the form of pointless stories about yuppies or queer lit. its not all shit but its like 95% shit

another good example is modern art, garbage like jackson pollock, its literally amounts to nothing but socalled experts love to stand in a circle and wank each other over it because it makes them feel superior

modern art is probably the best or at least the most obvious example now that I think of it, here watch this

interesting, that at least makes somewhat more sense

I still think your rules are at the very least mildly autistic, or maybe a more diplomatic way to put it would be rules are made to be broken/exception defines the rule etc p.p

lol, he reused most of this.

Liberal art was birthed from nihilism.

Rules of art aren't very rigid. What's important is the philosophy that your art must be poetically relatable to nature. From there, inspirations will come by themselves.

The degradation of the arts was a CIA and Frankfurt school organized agenda. They used money to promote their fake artists, and paid those fake artists for their "work" so that they could become richer and create the context of value in their "art." Then the new generation came around and they were told that in order to make money and be "deep" they had to learn 2deep4uism, and that everything has to have a message.

But even if one doesn't know that, it's not hard to see the core of the degradation and why modern art, liberal arts, etc is nothing more than anti-art, anti-beauty, and anti-objectivism. The core of it is flawed, lofty, self-aggrandizing, and built out of the the pretense of subjectivism (basically is encapsulated as subjectivism) and its defense is relativism. Modern arts is solely built around the tactic of using pretense as a means of adding value where there is none. The fake artists of yesteryear did this all the time.

Example:
>Draw a shitty picture with zero form. Inform the audience that the picture is supposed to be about _ and if they don't get it it's 2deep4u. The audience doesn't want to be seen as stupid so they claim to see it. Other pseudo-intellectuals add to the reputation of the work and claim it has other meanings. Because of subjectivism, the work has multiple interpretations. Therefore by default the work with the most interpretations and least amount of form is the "deepest." Tasteless people want to be seen as having taste so they buy this shit. Use buzzwords and invent terms to make it seem like there's substance.

The reality is that beauty is infinitely inspiring and that craft takes craftsmanship; ergo, the ability to create beauty requires actual work. We've had generations of "artists" with zero artistic ability and for every hour they spent in the classroom and studio on learning craft, they spent 7 more hours on propaganda and bullshit. Thankfully it seems as if people have had enough of the modern art scam and real artists are starting to become so popular that they've organically driven away the money from agenda-sponsored "artists," if there's any left.

tl;dr modern art is a scam where you sell someone on the idea behind your "work" so that they buy your worthless trash

i keep hearing the frankfurt school get thrown around, but i dont browse Holla Forums so i dont have the full skinny on that. care to enlighten me user?

man that pic is depressing

lol yeah, he actually lead me to that channel way back when, preddy gud from what I can tell, especially their piece from the original cofounder of greenpeace, goddamn does that take a shit on the present narrative

I agree with most of this, and although its a little more difficult to see this beast for what it is in say cinema, it is nonetheless present, and I caught a whiff of it reading OPs "rules", or at least I think I did

/pol has a tendency to use it for anything they dont like, and they interchange it with "regular" marxism although the two have very little in common.

It is however, a thing, a very subversive fluent movement that nonetheless has some faces

this is the best talk ive seen about the topic, whats good about it is that its from a person that actually has some training in sociogy and isnt part of the alt-right circlejerk we have going on atm(not that they arent right about some things, but come on man im not watching fucking sargon i know wat hes gonna say already)

anyhow, ignore the "sovietbear" guy hes kind of a joke and listen to what the serbian guy has to say, he will gets to the true heart of "cultural marxism"

lul even im unwittingly calling it cultural marxism now, "frankfurt school" is the better term imo

For me, all this kino shit is fucking confusing; in my language (Czech), "kino" means cinema (as in - place where you go to see a movie)

Don't think too much into it user, it's just some ironic forced meme.

Czech'em

see

bump

dump

How about:
1. Fascination.
And that's it.

does this mean that Holla Forums is now a music board as well? gg /mu/ no re

Pick neither. Not even Holla Forums trusts the label. And they especially don't trust sargon. There's cucks and then there's literal cuckolds like him.

are you the same autist that posted that shit about how unless you're andrei tarkovsky you can't make actual films?

No that's:

I'm:

ah, many thanks then op.

you're still a faggot because you're op, but that's a given

Other than being a cuckold why is Sargon so bad?