The Criterion Collection

What are your thoughts on it, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

criterion.com/library/list_view?pp=all
criterion.com/current/posts/4032-introducing-filmstruck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

high quality releases, some good some bad
it's a solid entry-level arthouse label

there's a big CC thread on /film/ btw

Is there any anime in it?

It's become more of a rich person's shelf filler, with physical media becoming less of a necessity

Good for the high quality re-releases, and the library is pretty huge. If you're asking if the films themselves are good, well that depends on the film. I have a few of the Kurosawa ones and some others.

It's shit.

The list is pretty big for me

criterion.com/library/list_view?pp=all

1172 films. Wew.

Yeah but they kinda sound like hipsters, they barely touched on their upcoming streaming service – because fuck purchasing Blu-rays in this day and age, I can't be arsed to have a physical collection. Same reason I can't stand hipsters jerking off to vinyl collections.

criterion.com/current/posts/4032-introducing-filmstruck

It's $CURRENT_YEAR, I don't want to purchase blu-ray discs and have them on a shelf just so that I can say "yeah I purchased the most expensive version of my favorite movie, this means my taste in movies is arguably superior than yours".

Ignoring your shit posting. Akira was during it's Laser Disc release.

Come on guys it's current year. Stop being bigots, anime has just as much right to be here as everything else.

How 'bout no, you fucking white male

>>>/suicide/

I'm an /a/ user, and fuck off faggot.

Who is derailing every thread into anime?

We got anime here, now stop being an obnoxious faggot about it.

How is this any different from derailing every thread into politics? At least with anime it's television based entertainment that is remotely close to the board topic.

I would much rather have anime derails than some faggot spamming reddipol everywhere and turning every thread into a tiresome political debate.

I don't even need to post a smug anime face to convey my contempt.

Don't worry, we'll get bored and leave. This is the first time I've visited Holla Forums in months. I can't say the same about your political infestation, that's here to stay.

There is no political infestation, only degenerates watch anime.

You gave yourself away.

That's a pretty funny picture you posted user.

The usual, either goon or Holla Forums, or are they the same thing? I lost track of how many groups are there trying raid 8ch because Holla Forums.

Do they have the real version of "The Birth of a Nation" as well?

The Criterion Collection is mostly pretentious garbage mixed with a handful of classics.

Just a fancy name for special edition DVDs.

they got two lane blacktop at least

Some great releases. I don't bother getting every single one that strikes me or of my favorite movie, but I do go for the classics. Recently picked up some Jap films, pre-Lolita Kubrick, and a couple David Lynch stuff. I haven't seen anything wrong with them, and I've even been impressed by the restoration, so no complaints from me.

Havent seen any new one in a while

Are they still making it?

Lena Dunham got her movie released on that collection. Then again her parents pushed for that release, since they are ver important in the artsy fartsy scene in the USA.

Criterion Collection aka movies that are cheap to license since no one else wants them.

criterion has been on hulu for years so the new streaming service isn't a huge development

Look at the top of the page :^)

There's only 3 animated films available. Fantastic Planet is their most recent one. Akira was released from them on Laserdisc, but there's no Blu-ray from them because Funimation has a 25th anniversary release.

I know, but a month later, they will go solo.

No reason to keep Hulu around if all you usually watch are movies from their collection.