Is this still the best science fiction tv series to air? Will anything ever top it?

Is this still the best science fiction tv series to air? Will anything ever top it?

You know, Firefly is a thing.

It's not very good. Especially with all the stupidity based forced drama all the time.

No, it sucked.

>in space

Too much pretentious,idiotic, role-reversal, self destructive, poor writing, and as always degenerate leftist shit on that show.

What I didn't like I somewhat listed above but to add to that the childish "democracy" episodes were by far the worst episode in the series.
If you can look past that there were some good shows in there.I liked the space battles, the episodes with the only non-extra hot chick (the blonde Cylon), and for whatever reason I enjoyed the character Gaius Baltar.

That show went to shit so fast.

The original series was better.

The new series is dated by it's post 9/11 edginess.

A+ promo pic.

I can almost imagine that I see her vagina.

the pilot was amazing. i marathoned the entire series because of that pilot. the rest of the show, the movie, and the spin off are all shit. i swear this is the exact same feeling as druggies get when they're looking to capture the same high as their first hit.
i'm sure babylon 5 or stargate or some random season of star trek are all better.

Too much drama holy shit, I get that they're called space operas but what the fuck stop it

Lexx

t. Lexx shill

Their original idea was that all the space battles would be filmed by reporters so it made sense but then they ditched the reporters and it made no sense.

If you think about it that's basically the entire thing with the show, it made sense then it didn't make sense.

In terms of cinematography I haven't seen a tv show as well made as BSG and The West Wing.

I wanted to watch The Expanse but the sets on this show look really cheap.

BSG is one of my favorite tv shows but yeah it went downhill when Ronald D. Moore hired that female writer who used to work for Whedon. I still can't believe that he put her as the showrunner on Caprica.

ahem…

Original was better.

Defying Gravity was Grey's Anatomy in space.

Terra Nova was interesting but they focused the show on an interracial family with too many teens around and the writers said that there's no butterfly effect because they're not really in the past. They wasted an opportunity to make a great show.

No

Sci Fi is dead.

Confirmed for not having seen the original. It's basically a really awful Star Wars. I was 7 when it originally aired and there's a reason it didn't do well, despite the sci-fi craze started by Star Wars in 77 (bsg came out in 78). Same reason Disney's The Black Hole sucked.

They were just shit.

BSG was only good for the first 2 seasons. The winding up on Earth in the past finale was stupid.

That old and still no taste.

You seem to be confused, both BSG series were shit. Everything the original creator (I forget his name) did was boring and unoriginal trash. Buck Rogers was another one he did, and it's Star Wars too.

0/10

holy shit, the black hole brings back memories my dad bought me a popup book after we saw the movie, it was awesome when i was like four or five

Yeah, that's basically the movie

my nig

He's the best part.

The original was superior since it didn't try to be some pretentious pozzed garbage.

This nigga is right. Terra Nova was great and unfairly canceled.

eh, i was honestly not very impressed by it

my african american

The pilot was godtier, the show was also good when they were being nomads in space and running from the Cylons.

It went to shit when they introduced MUH RELIGION MUH PROPHECY, and whoever cooked up the ending needs to be shot.

1978-7=1971
2016-1971=45

Oh wow, that is sad. No wonder he hates the original BSG.

He's probably that faggot that keeps bitching about millenials on Holla Forums even though most of us are millenials.

Being better does not necessarily mean it's great, the BSG remake is more like 24 in space than Star Wars in space.

Pretty much this.

Neither series is good. BSG original is just Star Wars like everything Glen Larson did as I said above. Buck Rogers being another.

The remake being 24 in space is a pretty good analogy too.

Power Rangers in Space was better than BSG.

I don't watch non-anime sci-fi shows, but I hear Babylon 5 and Farscape are really good.

I'm 100% certain I will never read a post on Holla Forums from someone saying "the ending was shit" where they actually explain why they thought it was shit. The extent of these posts are "this thing happened and i didn't like it"

And it's usually something very arbitrary

Oh also you would assume if someone thinks an ending was shit they would be able to propose an alternate ending, but they never do this

It's barely science fiction, it's a fucking soap opera.

Pathetic.

Could you adapt 40k to a tv series?
What is the best way to interact with a giant, pre-established universe in film or tv?
I think a Day-in-the-Life short story treatment focusing on small characters would be best, ones that let you be introduced to heavier aspects from a bottom-up persepective. Trying to have a story focusing on the top movers and shakers would alienate fanbase and end up misrepresenting the source material.

You should, there pretty good as well.

Galactica has one thing that sets it apart from the average Sy-Fy miniseries, Balthar Gaius. Wherein morally ambigous characters are usually master puppeteers, he's a complete tool who still manages to weasel\outmaneuver an entire army. And where shady conspirators like him would usually remain a mystery to the viewership, Gaius is unknown to his peers and completely open to us.

Without his anti-hero, Galactica becomes a boring Terminator in space.

The guard and the Tau obviously. They're the two groups easiest to identify with. Yeah a nitty gritty show about Space Marines being Space Marines would be awesome but they aren't relate able. They're near-god like beings that are more then men.

I'd love a show that split between Guard and Tau perspectives as they fought a war over some border war. Make us sympathize with the press ganged guardsmen just fighting to keep themselves and their buddies alive while doing the work of the Emperor and make us feel for the blueberry space commies who start out gung ho doing the work of the Ethereals.

It's not even better than the show it's based on. Hell it hardly even qualifies as fucking Science Fiction.

why is Holla Forums so gay

how do you get a hobby about something you hate so much

you people talk about movies and tv like i talk about makeup

Science Fiction must be speculative user. Early episodes aside rebooted BSG is just a soap opera set in space, dramatic twists and all. Now there's nothing wrong with non-SF (Star Wars does an admirable job as Space Fantasy, for example) but the distinction matters.

That's one area the new series beats the old one on.

They couldn't even bother numbering the human-form cylons correctly.

Its a space opera bro

If you care about this "hobby" then learn the proper terms