2 of the greatest shows ever made

2 of the greatest shows ever made.

Which one is best?

Game of Thrones.

Cowboy Bebop is a fucking meme anime.

I've never watched The Sopranos, is it worth it?

Is it really as good as they say it is?

No, but it's still very good and worth a watch.

Season 2 is awesome

It's not as good as some faggots hype it up to be, but it's still definitely worth a watch.
AJ and Meadow should have died, holy fuck I hated them both.

AJ, yes
Meadow, no. Meadow was fit as fuck

What's with the Alien vs Predator bullshit all of a sudden? These two shows aren't comparable

Cowboy Bebop is not good. The show as a whole is worth less than its parts. Had the show had a generic anime intro instead of Tank!, it wouldn't have been anywhere near as popular.

Also, The Sopranos is gay in a literal sense, so take that degenerate shit to an early grave, you AIDSmonger.

Queen's Blade

JJBA

やれやれだぜ

your a meme anime

It's a comic

It's both.

Cowboy bebop is a lot more style over substance. That's not inherently a negative thing but the same show in live action would have been a lot less enjoyable. The Sopranos is your typical overdone 'golden age' show in which everyone has to make dramatic speeches and shit goes down in such a tightly plotted way it actually pulls you out of the show. It's just too setpiece based.

Best anime series ever produced. The only flaw is the lack of second season.

topkek son, good troll

should have just wrapped it up tbh.

the kino is better anyway.

Cowboy's cool but I liked Samurai Champloo better. And I still wouldn't call either one best anime.

EY TONY WERE DA GABBAGOOL
I'm a big fan of mafioso stuff so yeah, I'd say watch it.

What show?

Cowboy Bebop is a good show, y'all niggas have shit taste.

How is it style over substance?

How?
If it had a generic intro, Yoko Kano's soundtrack would more than make up for it.

How?

Sopranos is still the kino of television. Rectify might come close to it, but may suffer from being too dragged out, despite ending this year.

Cowboy Bebop isn't worthy of even being in the Top 50, I'm sorry but it's not. It still has glaring mistakes that anime and animation as a whole still share that hold the entire industry back from being equal to or better than live action film and television.

As for Sopranos, I've never seen it but from what I've heard it's not as good as everyone says.

What mistakes?

I had taken 15 minutes writing 5 paragraphs on why anime was inferior to live action, but judging by your reaction image and previous experiences on here, it would be a lost cause and a wasted of time to try and convince you.

I'm tired and about to go to bed so let's agree to disagree and you keep your opinion.
Or fact.
Or whatever.
Bye.

You're making assumptions. My pic is merely a reaction image pic related, not a statement of Weebidry. I'm just curious of your opinion.

Suuuuuuuuuuuure you did

Bebop, because it doesn't go on and on forever. It tells a story, then it's done.

Film was different from the anime, as the show had a slower pace and bleaker tone overall. Also, I'd trust that creative team to deliver a solid second season, based on the first one.

Aku no Hana.

A lot of anime is better than a lot of live action, and anime has the same foundations and goals as live action.

Talking about animation as a whole tells us little if anything about anime, since it's so different from other animation.

no wonder you have no sex life or friends

You have entry-level taste.

THE REAL FOLLLLLLLLLLLK BLUES

cowboy bebop because it was FOLDED A THOUSAND TIMES IN GRORIOUS NIHON

Both the main character's lives revolve around organized crime.

Define "entry level taste".

Entry level is just a shitty way of trying to remove value from any work that is widely recommended, solely on the basis that it's not obscure enough.

People throwing the term around in half/mu/ had literally no other proper argument to cricicize any artist or album in an "essentials" list. And I guess is the exact same case with mongolian tapestries.

Two can play the same game.
Not everything "entry level" is of bad quality, and not everything obscure is automatically of better quality than the shit everything watches or listens. I have experienced more of the latter than the former.

But it's definitely not as great as people make it out to be. and proves that you barely watch anime in the first place

Anime is mostly trash anyway. Cringe worthy writing and shallow characters/themes. Some of that could be because of translation though, some of it not, as I've ingested enough Japanese media to know.

This is a meme.

This is a buzzword.

The internet today is nothing but memes and buzzwords all the way down.

You don't have an argument either.

most of everything is trash

No love like portorican love, amirite fellow hombre?

I watched Cowboy Bebop as it gets so much praise as the GOAT anime or whatever.

It's not bad, but if this is the best, then I feel confident ignoring the entire gooktoon genre is a wise use of my time.

I did enjoy the movie. Which I guess you can only fully understand if you've watched the series. The movie is top notch.

I also watched Evangelion, it's fucking retarded****

It gets so much praise because many people are casualfags.

Anime isn't a genre. It contains probably every genre that exists in live action (and some that don't).

Cowboy Bebop is good but also overrated, because for most people it's one of the few anime they've seen and often the first one, and there's probably childhood nostalgia mixed in too when people watched it on Toonami or whatever it aired on. It also caters extensively to Western preferences, and that's what most people expect from Japanese animation. My understanding is that the series has no real significance in Japan.

There is no GOAT anime just like there is no GOAT anything.

Cowboy Bebop is massively overrated because it's one of those "babby's first annie may" deals.
It's not bad, but there are many better shows out there.

Unfortunately as a reaction to it being overrated you will get a bunch of anons shitting all over it for that fact alone.
So because of rabid fanboys and contrarian faggots you will literally never be able to have a discussion about it without the thread immediately turning to garbage.

Outlaw Star > Bebop

Watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes if space opera is your thing, I was genuinely impressed.

LoGH was really frustrating for me because it always felt like it was building up to something really good but then never delivered.

Story of my life.

Yes I have made assumptions on your photo, but I never accused you of being a weeb.

I did what?

In general I would say that animation is better than film.
But that's not my claim.
When it boils down to the best of the best, the greatest films are much better than the greatest animation

Felt like it never stopped delivering tbh, even in episodes more focused on character development or background. My biggest issue with the show is Annerose, not only her head is pigu disgusting but she's boring as fuck.

I've always thought Bebop should've ended when the kid left. The last couple episodes felt shoe-horned and generic as fuck. Whereas Jet and Faye are constantly demonstrating the effects of their background before the show goes to explore them, Spike is just a lucky, hungry guy. But no, have to work in a weeabo with a sword before the run is out.

I don't know what the Official Opinion is supposed to be, but I thought the film was great.

The creator of Cowboy Bebop implied that Spike survived the last episode, I didn't see any mention of that. It's open ended like the Sopranos ending. Did he die or didn't he?

The ending of Cowboy Bebop was a tribute to A Better Tomorrow 2, he even has Mark Gor's signature trenchcoat.

That is good information to have. Thank you providing some context and not sperging out about how fucking noble Spike's death is like every other person I've had this conversation with.

Manga and anime have their own genres, stories, character archetypes, visual language, character design, animation style etc.