BOOK TRILOGIES TO MOVIES

What book trilogy do you think should be made into movies?

Blockbuster budget, unlimited casting choices, free artistic license.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/zywZe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't think of all that many book trilogies.

Ringworld.

this. books are usually either one-offs or huge series with 5+ volumes that may or may not ever get finished

that guy better go to bars, approach women and say "Hey baby, you want some Moorcock?"

iliad, odyssey, and Aeneid

Shut up, Carlos.

Monster Hunter International.

would have been a billion times better than lotr or that gay as fuck game of thrones bullshit

Technically 5 trilogies

Lord of the Rings good edition.
It was published in three volumes, close enough.

I would like to see the Space Trilogy done, but all anyone ever wants to do from C.S. Lewis is The Chronicles of Narnia series.

I remember reading those vaguely, i know they were pretty trippy, are they good?

Kill yourself

reminder that kevin j anderson's jedi academy trilogy would have worked as a better 7-9 than the shit we're getting.

Change the name of the series from The Wheel of Time to Bitches Fuck Everything Up When They're In Charge or The Science Fiction Writers Guide to Mary Sues and Marty Stus.

how about the trilogy by asimov? The Foundation Trilogy?

lord of the rings is literally about cowboys and indians, aborigines versus colonists. tolkien wrote them as modern day parables against unfettered capitalism destroying the natural world.

now compare that with what is an awesome story by any measure, a coming of age tale with intrigue, love, betrayal, the works

now tell me which one you think is a better movieā€¦ the one trying to shove a fucking political point down your throat or the one where the little boy graduates from apprenticeship to journeyman by literally standing up, walking out and declaring "i dont belong here any more"

I think there was a bit more to LOTR than that.

it's too big. the movie audience would be fucked off the bat with an hour long explanation of psychohistory

maybe as a miniseries then?

yeah there was an elf queen or some shit i think

Abercrombie can't write for shit

Why would you want that shite made into cinema?

and also themes of misusing ultimate power in the form of the ring and how trying to see the future blinds you to the present in the form of the palantir. Look man LOTR had a lot of themes in it and it was subtle. Especially the Christian themes which was subtler than CS Lewis.

archive.is/zywZe

Dragonlance's Autumn-Winter-Spring trilogy

Discworld

how about we just film the Communist Manifesto instead?

Because the only people who would watch and make that film are communists. So it'd probably be a limited release.

because only germans would have the autism necessary to not demand a refund from watching bernie sanders masturbate furiously for 20 hours.

but you could get two movies out of the same footage by calling it the phenomenology of spirit.

Or nothing really matters because destiny has determined all that you were are and will be eons before your birth

There's a lot of analogies behind Lord of the Rings, but no straight allegory. That's part of what makes it so powerful. It can be read on so many different levels, and leaves a different impression when read at different points in life. Yes, there is a message about unfettered capitalism destroying nature, but that's just a small part. There are also Christian symbols, such as Aragorn walking through the paths of the dead before being able to take his kingship. There's the story of the corruption of power, and how it reaches everyone. In the end, Frodo failed, after all. He didn't cast the ring into Orodruin. It fell in by accident when Gollum stole it. Recently, I've been rereading the story and finding a lot of references to the past in there, and a sense of decline. The sort of "long defeat" Tolkien spoke of in pic related. But it's all done within his own world.

Perhaps that is the most remarkable thing about Tolkien. Everything he does is done within his lengendarium. When the elves sing of "Elbereth," that's a real person in other stories, Varda. When Aragorn's sword is reforged with the sun and the moon on it, this is important because it represents the last remains of the light of the two trees of Valinor that Melkor destroyed, and is hated by his servants. These things aren't necessary to understand the story, but they give greater richness and depth for those that know them. The story can be read on so many levels, and that is what makes it more than "coybows and indians."

harry potter or pokemon