ifdb.fanedit.org/dune-the-alternative-edition-redux/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A shitty adaptation of a shitty book.

underrated film tbh

fanedits > theatrical

Other retards have wasted hundreds of hours on it, consider yourself lucky

Something unfilmable.

HBO version with Fassbender is coming

Boy I cant wait until the literal fucking god emperor gets cucked by a black man

Underage Fag Get Out!

Father! The sleeper has awakened!

Is Sean Bean too old to yet to play Leto?

It's filmable, it's just that Lynch was better suited to directing the sequels than he was the first movie.

The greatest recruiting ad ever made for jihad.

The books are full of HBO tier material, particularly the later ones.

Well yea I wasnt implying that would be show only, just that I couldnt wait for it to happen in the show

This thread seems emptier than I remember.

sean bean will never be too old to die horribly.

You have no soul

an underrated movie

As you can see, nobody in this thread can give you a proper answer.

Why? Because it's an overrated piece of garbage and Frank Herbert is the King of Hacks.

Pic related, an actual fucking book that invented/standardized a bunch of techniques that are norm nowadays.

It doesn't have to be good if it's famous. People will praise Dune regardless. 75% of people who cum over this book have probably never even read it, or didn't read anything else.

Like LOTR is a masterpiece when it's just a whacky yet pretentious fantasy book.

Like the Beatles are great legends when musically speaking they're below One Direction.

They came out at the right time and the generation at the time idealized them.

And as decades passed, they got a reputation of being "revolutionary" while in fact they are artistically equivalent to modern day garbage.

"Contrarian" is just a term people use when they're being challenged on arguments that to them must be untouchable. It's a neologism that's as cancerous as it gets.

It's anti-intellectual by definition, because it negates any possibility of discussion without being ad hominem'd by the masses.

You gobshites will jerk your sausages over the prequels and that garbage fan fic latest Star Wars movie but you won't give any love to Dune which has an overall richer atmosphere and lore all around but just suffered from poor editing.

Just kill yourselves plox

You're correct about the Beatles being overhyped and being in the right place at the right time, but that's just going too far bro

Hopefully an amazing movie
I had the pleasure of watching a fan-edit with recovered scenes

The only Lynch movie with clear structure and a comprehensible plot.

The best scifi movie of the past 40 years.

*tips*

The movie is so bad David Lynch took his name off the movie. I think I watched the Director's Cut because in one scene they had blue eyes and in another they did not. The whole aesthetic of the movie was garbage too. Also, fuck that movie "Jodorowsky's Dune" too, what a pretentious faggot.

You just got pasta'd

I don't remember this scene in Star Wars 7.

George ripped off Dune hardcore.

see Jodorowsky.

A sci-movie where the sets and music are awesome, but the pacing and acting is abysmal.

Baron Harkonen is amazing though. Superbly grotesque, he steals every scene he's in, and it's totally jarring with the rest of the movie.

Reverb makes everything good.

I don't remember Vladimir having the boils in the book. I thought he was just some fat fuck who had a penchant for boy ass and violence.

No, he doesn't have that in the book. I think the movie version manages to be even grosser and is probably one of the good things about the overall shit movie. There's some great visuals in the movie such as the sets, the design of the worms, and so on; it's just strung together horribly. The pacing is bloody ridiculous. All stretched out near the beginning and super-compressed when they get onto Arrakis.

First of all, Baxter is a nobody. Herbert may be a hack but at least he's popular.

Secondly, popularity is not necessarily a bad thing. Some great stories are actually bestsellers, Gene Wolfe and Dan Simmons come to mind. In fact before the Hugo Awards got taken over by a cadre of social justice warrior types they were picking pretty fucking good authors to receive awards.

where the fuck can i get a hold of that 3 hour fan edit?

the hyperion series is utter shit though

Is that man wearing a jump rope?

Baxter is good at universe scale world building. But he sucks at everything else. Lifeless characters and boring stories. His books are just paper thin excuses to give a tour guide of the future.

What is the name of the fanedit and torrent plixxy plox

This
Shadow and Claw may be the best written book I've ever read, though.

A shitty adaptation of a shitty book.

decent b8, i'll give you that.

What will I be in for?

Turbofaggotry and a through case of sequential triple dub checking.

CIA, the Spice Years.

ifdb.fanedit.org/dune-the-alternative-edition-redux/

This one?

I love the dedication in old movies. All that time and effort in model building, just for a 5 second shot.

True Kino.

the sleeper must awaken…..then take a shit and go back to bed

I was always baffled by this scene. Why did he do that?

It's just Lynch weirdness.

In the book the Baron is a homosexual interested in young boys and he doesn't have the skin condition. He's also Jessica's father but that wasn't in the movie iirc.

Typical El Cid/Lawrence of Arabia/Dances with Wolves narrative.

True. The movie doesn't even have the cynical long term manipulation of the locals.

HAHA, why would you choose to confess you're a homosexual in this odd manner? Weird.

El Cid doesn't fit that narrative.

Which is why Lynch was well suited to every Dune book except the first.