What went wrong?

What went wrong?

GlooberGlabe

He overstayed his welcome with his gimmick. Good actor though.

Holla Forumseddit btfo

When he took the CBS gig he no longer had an interesting, unexpected or even unique kind of comedy. He became another Clinton-shilling, Trump-trashing late-night host like the rest of them. Either CBS tells him what to say or he's given up in his old age.

he was born

/thread

i think he's actually kinda funny

I agree with this. It's very sad to watch this man go down. I respond by not watching him anymore.

(OP) I was a fan from Strangers with Candy, him as a host on Daily Show, his adult swim stuff, and for the whole run of Colbert Report

that's why it's particularly sad to see this happen

It's sad he was one of the few people on the Daily show with talent.

he never did.

"DAE REPUBLICANS R DUM XD"

I strongly disagree with this.

I think he is almost Sam Hyde esque in his politics. I always felt that he privately believes a lot of the conservative things he says and the "character" was a way of saying it without actually endorsing it. It was like a logic pretzle to bypass liberal crazies while still signaling to normal good old fashioned people that the liberal bullshit is easy to point.

I still believe this to be his true nature (somewhat centrist and absurdist but fundamentally religious and right-leaning view of the world and beliefs). I think he sold out his soul on CBS because now he has to act like he is actually an obnoxious leftie in order to fit in

The sad thing is, these days, if a Republican is in office you are allowed to point out corruption and double standards and really lay into the Government.

Try to do that when the Democrats are in power and people hate you. It's why Jon Stewart left. He realized his audience ended up being not people who agreed with him on the stupidity of politicians and the system, but just the fans of the team who hated the team who won the last two elections.

When people start to boo you on what was supposed to be a political satire and comedy show, then you know it's over.

That might explain why the anti-war liberals shut up when Obama came in power. Especially considering Obama increased the amount of drone strikes on innocent people compared to Bush.

Liebowitz was nothing but a political commentator who hid behind 'I'm just a comic' whenever he got BTFO.

This.

We shut up because no one listens. Everyone has been tricked, they love war.

both US parties are conservative authoritarian though

He was a political propagandist, really

He is merely a pawn, if you will.

To be fair Stewart did a lay on Obama for Drone Strikes and also made it pretty clear how disapointed he was with Obamas unfulfilled promises.

Pretty much. But when you work in the media business/Hollywood you're pretty much a pawn no matter what.

don't tell the american public that though

Even for a satirical liberal show, it was baffling that they had her on.This whole interview is just hard to watch and devoid of anything interesting, intelligent, or funny.

You can only use satire as a shield for so long.

His new team of scriptwriters weren't good.

I don't blame the guy. In (((show-business))) you take what you get, so to speak.

they use in-house people across multiple shows, that's the problem.

He was allowed on television

Some folks were born, raised to wave the flag, oooo the red white and blue.
This short, sad little man, instead was born a jew.

Oh shut the fuck up. Leibowitz was nothing but a propagandist.

Pick one kike.

That comic made my fucking eyes burn, holy shit.

Can't let anyone criticize Anita with valid points and have others see it you shitlord.

Also, Colbert is a good character actor, but thats it. He was great as Phil in Harvey Birdman, nobody could have done that character like he did.

What went wrong is that he's more interested in being a political propagandist than in being a comedian and making people laugh.

Good Lord, people could be buttfucking children in the street and people like you would still be saying the world isn't liberal enough. You're delusional.

Why did they have to draw Spanky so ugly and disgusting? It feels like the opposite of what he says is the healthy thing to do. Reminds me of this character of Courage the Cowardly Dog who lived for over a 100 years and tells people that his secret was that he lived in literal garbage and waste, he even tells them to take a bath in radioactive waste.

He was unable to let go his "colbert" persona from the "colbert report" and he bring it into the Late Night show, that's why everything went downhill

Get back to 2014

LOL same, it's the most tl;dr comic I've ever seen

why save/post that mess?

I really don't believe this. I think he just wanted a bigger profile and carrer, not necessarily sinister or bad things. I think the leftist posturing came with that and it's sucking out his soul. It's not fun to watch either.

I can feel the pain in his soul while he resist the impulse of mocking her.

He had a lot of good stage presence though, and was a natural at physical comedy and comedic timing. Now there's nothing left but another lazy old talk show fuck, with naught but rotten political ballast to float off of.

underrated post

When I said anti war liberals I was talking about the college kids who hated Bush but drooled over Obama despite him doing the same shit. So now that no one listens to you what do you plan to do? hide out before shit hits the fan?

Yeah that's true enough. It just bugs me though why support the Democrats even though they failed? I don't like the Republicans either but come on if both suck then surely you can support a third party or something?

GG happened. People expected him to at make some fair points for both sides while also making opinions of his own (all while maintaining a friendly and level head) but instead all he did was sit there and nod while Anita blabbed on.

Go ahead, throw your vote away! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Live long like Conway!

well voting for the lesser of two evils hasn't been working so far so perhaps voting for a new party might work.

voting for anyone will not work, because the problem is governments existing

so anarchy then?

of courshe

the anarchy rises.

Sorry for bad quality, but it's the best I could find on youtube

DUDE REPUBLICANS LMAO!

For how many years?

all of them

Hang yourself the slow way

I fucking remember that shit. This show was bawss.

Such a principled individual.

Colbert doesn't have his ironic conservative schtick anymore, now he's just another establishment shill on TV.

I think Trump is a clown but I'm god damn sick of Colbert making jokes about him every damn night. The Colbert Report was clever and inventive and always funny. A big part of that was the fact that you never knew exactly how his character would approach a particular topic, so the irony and surprise resulted in laughs. Now he has none of that, and any of the jokes he make could be made equally well by Jimmy, Jimmy or James.

Even if he had the same cesspool of groan-generating writers as all the other shows, he could have gone into more detail like John Oliver does and do something different that way. But he didn't. He repeats the same lies the rest of CBS parrots, such as the "chair-throwing" incident, or that Wikileaks=Russia, or completely ignoring the mysterious assassinations surrounding the DNC. He has no insight, angle or delivery that differentiates him from any other comedian, and that's why he's no longer fun to watch.

All of you Holla Forums-smokers who think this is another piece in your imaginary culture war are ignoring the bigger picture. TV is a propaganda force only for the corporations who control its content. Mocking and ignoring anyone who stands in their way of global domination is what the media does, no "DA JEEEEEEEEEEWS" conspiracy required.

It's the conservative method of ignoring reality and pretending everything good is secretly on your side, and anything that disagrees with you is evil.

There's only two evils in this world, greed and indifference to suffering.

So for Jews?

What is the obsession with Jews?

I believe that with hard work, determination, and a complete lack of morals, anyone can ascend to the top of a billion-dollar business. Why does Judaism help? If Jews are a very specific breed of people that are better at business than others, isn't it enviable? If you're a pro-free-market person, doesn't it mean the Jews earned their place in society by the wealth they create?

No, it was shit.

It's not we're they're at, it's what they do while they're there. If you're of the believe that it would be the same if it were anyone else, then that to me is in the same vein as saying, "if Muslim refugees didn't rape those children, surely a white European man would have".

The funny part is that he had an interesting show with Colbert Report. It really went in with audience participation and making segments internet-ready in the same way Conan did, and the way Jimmy Fallon relies on now.

It's kinda interesting that he switched over and basically became Jimmy Kimmell.

made to wave the flag

No conspiracy is necessary, they have an in-group ethnocentric culture (whether you believe it genetic or whatever) that is subversive to the cultures they survive within.

They don't really hate them for solely being successful. They dislike some Jews for criticizing and changing the system, people, environment, and culture that made them successful and adored.

But yeah, it's the fault of goyim for foolishly believing that their good system and culture needs a complete overhaul.

BRAVO NOLAN
BRAVO NOLA
BRAVO NOL
BRAVO NO
BRAVO N
BRAVO
BRAV
BRA
BR
B
BR
BRA
BRAV
BRAVO
BRAVO N
BRAVO NO
BRAVO NOL
BRAVO NOLA
BRAVO NOLAN

I'm surprised how many people are dumb enough to believe this. IT really is like an IQ filter

Then explain why 90% of U.S media is run by 6 corporations: Comcast, Newscorp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner, and CBS. All of whom are run by the following:

Comcast: (((Brain L Roberts)))
Newscorp: (((Peter Chernin)))
Disney: (((Michael Isner))) and (((Robert Iger)))
Viacom: (((Sumner Redstone)))
Time Warner: (((Gerald Levin)))
CBS: (((Les Moonves)))

Or is this just "pure coincedence" to you?

Well, at least we agree on something.

ooo that red white and blue

The Stanford Prison experiment says otherwise. What fact do you have to back up your point of view?

"subversive" how? What objective evidence do you have? I agree circumcision is wrong, but the rest just seems like scapegoating.

anyone in a position of power will change the system to their liking. If Hollywood was run by rich Muslims, there wouldn't be pigs in movies. So what exactly are you mad at, human nature?

The media is run by 6 corporations because that's what unrestricted capitalism does. Also nepotism. No Jewish conspiracy required.

THEY ARE LITERALLY ALL RUN BY JEWS.

A combination of success from higher average IO's, nepotism, a superiority complex and the belief that the rules are different for Jews and gentiles (also a massive tendency, 80%, towards left wing politics [except in Israel])

IO's?

Hey guys wanna hear a joke?

Holla Forums

That's it. That's the whole joke

Just because there's a commonality doesn't mean there's a conspiracy. Remember, Hollywood was basically built by Jews because it was seen as a trashy industry at the time by others, so they let Jews basically fill the void. Nepotism since then has resulted in this as a result.

Still more of a source than you have. Go on, naysayer, give me anything supporting your side.

The reason you don't hear about dumb Jews is because they're not famous. Smart isn't bad.
Everyone exhibits this, even ancient kings.
That's called being a rich cunt. Or just plain bias.

We could defend ourselves and form our own communities to fight off people like that. Then again I tend to think humanity can be good and rise above the mire of oppressive assholes.

Could you shut the fuck up and go to Holla Forums?
You made your point. We get your point of view. It's been made clear.
Now shut the fuck up and go to Holla Forums.

Multiculturalism is a tool used by powerful jews in law and media to dilute the monolithic power of gentile white christian society. By eroding this power jews become one tribe among many to compete with and removing suspicion and blame traditionally placed on them onto the groups they used the legal and media system to import. Jews are behind the NAACP, SPLC, and hundreds of other "civil rights" groups. Hacids and Ashkenazi partook in white flight while furthering the policies that caused the ruin leading to white flight.

t. The Qara Khitai, Caucasus, Khwarezmid Empire, Western Xia and Jin dynasties before Çingis hán bumfucked their assholes.

What's white flight?

perhaps we could use guerilla warfare?
Eh I just hope there's an alternative to having the fucked up government we got now.

I'd argue that UNRESTRAINED greed is an evil. Not greed in and of itself. Greed tends to go along with ambition, and without ambition no actual progress can really be made.

It's when you start doing shit like stealing your employees 401ks and running of to the Bahamas that greed crosses over into evil.

Literal current year apologist. Why is Holla Forums the most cucked board on Holla Forums?

wrong year dumbass it's 2016. get your meme right.

What's "if you want to argue politics go to pol"?

I'm more mad at gentiles more than Jews. A poison seller can't harm anyone if they have no customer. The top can't do anything if they can't exploit the bottom.

In a world separated by tribes, it was inevitable that some had the right resources and conflicts to propel them to being the first superpowers. Much like evolution, inventions only occur when there is a need, and so tribal societies existed until they either advanced technologically or were conquered by the technologically superior. This does not mean a religion or race is superior, it's just how the history of people on certain continents played out.

tl;dr if you didn't reason your way into this dumb, xenophobic way of thinking you're not going to reason your way out of it. Jesus was a Jew, and the rest is wild conspiracy theory with no evidence. Just because the founders of many groups are Jews doesn't mean there's a conspiracy, it's called confirmation bias. If Jews were so pro-black, we wouldn't have treated blacks like shit until the 1960's. Oh but let me guess, treating them like human beings is the downfall of society. What's wrong with you?