I used to run a John Candy fansite and a fan who was friends with his son contacted me and told me that his son had...

I used to run a John Candy fansite and a fan who was friends with his son contacted me and told me that his son had told him all about his death.

If you'll notice, he didn't work much in the last couple years of his career, and that was when Candy was beginning to have trouble finding good roles or box office successes (if he had lived through Wagons East, Canadian Bacon, etc., his career would have been at an all-time low).

John Candy had a drinking problem at times and could be emotional and sad. He was a heavy smoker. His father, and uncle both died of heart attacks in their 30s, so he was genetically predisposed. One thing they do not tell you about heart disease it’s 90 % genetic.

That was at a low in John Candy’s career at a time he took John Hughes' lack of roles as an insult and Hughes apparently felt guilty that he died before he had a chance to repair that wound. Hughes once was the only one who cast him with characters with depth and not the stereotypical and cliched fat guy.

Of course, this could all be BS, but I highly doubt it, as the fan who contacted me ran a John Candy fansite as well and was in regular contact with John Candy's son, and said the information had been personally relayed to him by his son. And if you look at his resume it kind of stacks up, as well as how John Candy got heavier and heavier with age.

He was truly a big guy with an unfortunate name.

I still love him.

He was, in the end, his own best friend.

Is that the only tidbit you have? Not worth its own thread tbh.

For you

I disagree. I think this is something people have to know.

I think it is. Any bit of info on Candy is worth it.

Years ago, my father was at a local function in Toronto that John was attending. John was dressed as his "Shmenge Brothers" character. He saw my dad, who is 6 foot 6 inches, and was 300 pounds at that time, ran up to him, and referred to him as his long lost brother. They kept that going for the night, apparently.

Sounds like a genetic dead end. Good riddance fatso.

So what are the actual news in this?

JOHN CANDY THREAD
What's his best movie and why is it Uncle Buck ____

All his movies are shit and thankfully he's too dead to ever make anymore.

You appear to have a bit of the retarded.

kinophobe

You appear to have a fetish for fat men, homo.

Really makes you think.

Spaceballs and Delirious. And maybe Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

MUH PARODY OF STAR WARS

That movie is fucking cancer, every sitcom that came out of it had to do a fucking star wars parody because of it

Truth is simple ,hollywood just hates fatties and it hates fatties because they are of limited use as far as their acting range goes ;a fatty can be the comical relief ,the first one to die in a chase scene or maybe a very inefectual and unintimidating bad guy.

It can't be ,the valiant hero , the menacing bad guy ,the likeable side character ,the main protagonists love interest , it certainly can't be the main protagonist (all of the above 'cant's' are nulified if it's a comedy) ; in short fatties is something the majority of the audience has never and will never be able to identify with or sympathise

That's why Christian Bale rules

What does that have to do with John Candy? John Candy not unlike most fatties always bite more than they can chew , they want it all the whole nine yards and become full fledged actors that can play any role unconfined by their physical restraints without that actually meaning that they have to lose weight though. Anyone remember Only the Lonely ? No? That's ok because nobody else does neither. Who wants to and see a fat fuck try and pretend that he is a succesful cop on par with Bruce Willis in Die Hard, a good guy like John Cusack in most of his films and the main protagonist of a romance where the girl falls heads over heels for him like literally anyone else could play and more importantly who wants to pay and see a fat fuck try and pretend that he is a succesful cop on par with Bruce Willis in Die Hard, a good guy like John Cusack in most of his films and the main protagonist of a romancewhere the girl falls heads over heels for him like literally anyone else could play instead ?

If every once and a while one of them fatties manages to slip through the proverbial cracks it's either by pure accident or they're related to a senator or something

yeah because hollywood being a haven of unimaginative, vapid , copycating kikes it was the fault of the one jew that managed to both have an original idea , the skill to assemble just the right people to make it work not to mention a decent sense of humor **for a jew* to boot

What about movies any movie with Melissa McCarthy? That just contradicts your rule

You have added nothing to the knowledge of John Candy. This thread is shit, and so are you, OP.

i never said the comedy has to be succesful or even funny ,this just shows how desperate hollywood is getting in keeping those bums on seats without having to raise the standard of quality for the talent they're hiring and subsequently raise the money they have to pay in order to hire it

Lad

You had one job.

I thought they hated fatties because of the insurance for their health. Or at least in the case of John Candy.

This is bullshit, it doesn't cost more for talent, it costs more for muh celebrities. There are plenty of talented no-name actors out there, LA is full of them. The problem is that the studios are selling names not actual movies. This may not sound irregular because its what we're used to, but originally movies were evaluated based on their quality. Muh idol bullshit can be traced right back to the Beatles.