Leave capekino to me

leave capekino to me

Other urls found in this thread:

complex.com/pop-culture/2016/08/suicide-squad-director-david-ayer-6-weeks-write-script
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know if he fucked up suicide squad or the studio interfered again.

I think suicide squad was crashing before it started tbh.

did it crash with no survivors?

top frickin kek

thanks user it was too easy to pass up.

Probably both, since they did reshoots.

Problem is Ayer is a decent director, but limiting himself to capeshit was a bad move.

Well they did a fuckton of reshoots and editing that according to some sources turned Sucide Squad into the retarded mess it is.

Test audiences didn't like the director's cut. They hated every scene with Jared Leto's Joker in it. So the studio cut most of his scenes.

no

does he still get work. I heard the Germans got rid of that tax loophole that allows him to make shitty movies.

Go back to >>>Holla Forums kid

Cape Kino?

exactly, now hes going to make even better movies

so this is his new movie? what's it called?

There were 2 cuts of the movie before the release: director's cut and another one, which was made by Trailer Park (the company which made trailers for the movie). Original cut was considered too somber for the mass audiences, so they forced reshoots to add more humour to the movie, but Ayer still tried to pursue his original vision. Then the studio gave the original cut and reshoot stuff to the Trailer Park who re-edited the film into a fucking mess. And that's the theatrical cut.

That sounds like a cluserfuck. No wonder DC is going down the shitter.

I still have a little hope that the original cut will be released eventually, because the concept sounds alright, and Ayer is a pretty cool guy.

The concept's an excellent concept, but the fact that they cast Will Smith as a cold blooded, sarcastic gun-for-hire precludes a good version of this movie ever existing.

complex.com/pop-culture/2016/08/suicide-squad-director-david-ayer-6-weeks-write-script

Supposedly they only got six weeks to write the script, so it's not a huge shock that there would be issues.

The studio was likely desperate to get something out in theaters to help act as competition against Marvel.

Considering how the movie is doing financially it seems like the studio made an alright decision with this.

Feels a bit like they were trying to just force this entire cinematic universe into existence and with SS and MvS they've kinda done it. At this point they can just make whatever movies within this universe and after looking at what parts did well or not they'll be able to more finely tweak future movies.

I mean what seemed popular here?
-The tits and ass
-Good bit of explosions/violence
-Lower amount of preachy bullshit
-Darker motif with some light hearted moments thrown into the mix

The majority of reshooting/editing was because they suddenly considered it too dark after everyone hated grimdark BatmanvsSuperman.
And probably someone looked at Guardians of the Galaxy and thought witty quirky band of misfits would work better than edgy tryhards.

Typical example of overcompensation that turns a movie into a complete tonedeaf clusterfuck.

that's not how you do the meme

regards, /sp/

For the thousandth time, THE WOMEN HAD NO TITS OR ASS.

Look, I've said this many times in the past, but you can't build a cinematic universe on a foundation of shit. They need to have one well-loved hit on their hands before they build a cinematic universe around it. The writing and characters in the two movies you named are garbage.

I'm not going to get invested in a cinematic universe with:

-A flat, skinny Wonder Woman.
-A Superman who kills people.
-A ghetto, wigger, juggalo Joker
-Tribal tattoo Aquaman.
-Black Deadshot

etc, etc, etc. The movie succeeded because every other offering was complete shit, and this was the least preachy, most action-oriented offering. There are people who go to the movies ever week no matter what, and this was the only thing catering to that audience in months.

does killer croc count as a big guy?

I think aquaman has the tattoos because jason mamoa who plays him is hawaiian. So I think they added more tattoos to go with Jason Mamoa's tattoos.

Batman did quite good.

Ben Affleck was good acting wise the script on the other hand, not so much.

Capekino sounds like a comfortable resort to vacation in.

sounds like its in the Carribean.

The movie didn't even crack $300 million in its opening weekend. Remember Amazing Spider-Man 2? Remember how that was a total failure because it couldn't make the same amount in its opening weekend?

And keep in mind that Warners want this movie to pick up the slack from Batman vs Superman and do Deadpool level business

Deadpool was a surprise hit, for years Fox wanted nothing to do with the character and Spiderman is a much bigger franchise than Suicide Squad.