The ring can change size, and it used this ability to betray isildur. Why didn't it ever do this to frodo?

The ring can change size, and it used this ability to betray isildur. Why didn't it ever do this to frodo?

He did keep it on a chain for the most part.

Because frodig bergins was a clevr hibbit

There's a penis joke waiting to be told here.

Share The Load

Bilbo warns Frodo it does this so he keeps it on a chain.
read the book nigguh

Why didn't the ring just grow 10,000 times larger so Sauron could see where it was from miles away?

That's just silly. At that point the ring itself would be a bigger threat than Sauron.

I CAN HOLD IT FOR A WHILE
Frodos cock that is.

Potatoes

Frodo was a physically and magically weak carrier with powerful allies trying to bring the Ring close to Sauron. Slipping away would have been counterproductive.

Your pic related, Isildur, is the opposite, as mighty Numenorian king taking the ring far away from Sauron's power base.

But Frodo did exactly what the Ring wanted which is bring the Ring to Mordor.

the one ring really was btfo.

Why couldn't the eagles fly Frodo into Mordor?

Ground to Air missiles.

More like plot hole missles amirite? :^)

Why didnt Frodo just eat the ring so it wouldnt be visible to the enemy
Or would that make him perma vanish, does touching the outside of the ring matter?
Fantasy is so stupid

Because the Eagles didn't want to.

They'd just cut him open. He'd also eventually poo it out.
No.
If you put the ring on your finger you go invisible. Only then.
No. You just have autism.

But potatoes are native to South America

but i thought the hobbits were potato niggers?

Wouldn't the eagles just have been corrupted by the ring and devoured Frodo to keep it for themselves?

The giant, winged dinosaurs may have had something to do with it tbh fam.

Why didn't they encase the ring in stone, then pour molten metal over the stone, and then have the elves drop the whole thing into the sea on their way west? If a river could lose it for hundreds of years while it is exposed how much more could a the ocean have concealed it while it is encased in metal and stone?

Or just drop it in another volcano. It's not going to melt but no one is going to dive in after it except Gollum

Didn't they want to drop it into the ocean in the book? For whatever reason they decided against it

Because some day the volcano may erupt and throw the ring somewhere, or the orcs could just have their giant worm mounts dig a hole for the lave to flow out into a large body of water where it would cool down and they could just dig up the ring.

Even if you throw ring into space, Saurons armies grow stronger. Letting ring stay in game is game over for humans.

Frodo wears it on a chain around his neck, and it gets progressively heavier so that he goes slower and slower.

Frodo didn't wear the ring, because that was bad.

feminism not even once.

Was she even in the book? I can't remember.

It tries to fuck with Frodo in the books a lot, that's why he wears it on a chain around his neck because it can't be trusted simply being in his pocket.

Eowyn was just a legendarily man-like dyke.

She's there, but n the book it's the hobbit with her that stabs the witch king to death and the whole feminist speech was made up by Hackson.

It happens pretty much exactly the same way. Merry stabs him in the shins and Eowyn lands the killing blow.

The hobbit had a sword designed to specifically kill the witch king, so the prophecy didn't rely on semantic pun as far as I remember.

The hobbit is not a Man either, so the pun remains (and the hobbit only wounded it).

No, that wouldn't be a pun. Even though hobbits are technically same species as Men, they aren't regarded as such.

Do Hobbits have any connection to elves too? They have those pointy ears so I'm curious.

fuck, here come the sjw historical revisionists

I think the pointy ears were just a movie thing to make the hobbits look more fantastical. They are stunted humans.

If i remember correctly the books state that they are "of Humans" which implies they are a Human subspecies.

Thank you. That explains enough, still the pointy ear shtick is misleading as fuck.

no it isn't

What about the female elf from the Hobbit movies?

What about the female elf from the Hobbit movies?

She was entirely made up.
Legolegs also wasn't in The Hobbit, but gotta bring in those sopping fat whale vaginas that are obsessed with Bloom in order to boost your ticket sales I guess.

Oh right, they took out Bombadil so we never got barrow downs so we never learn Hobbit swords were designed to fuck with nazgul.

A female character doing something heroic is not by definition muh feminism. That moment wasn't about Eowyn as a woman anyway. It was about Eowyn and Merry, neither a true man/warrior, but still being able to achieve something commendable.

He may have been amongst the feasting wood elves that Billbo happened upon that pulled a disappearing act when they realised a pleb was watching their debauchery.

He was never mentioned by name iirc, and he sure as fuck wasn't a main character.

What if you used the ring as a cock ring?

It would either shrink to cut your dick off or grow to make you feel insecure. Because, you know, it's just that evil.

Leaving out Bombadil was a good thing, but they could have explained the swords. Maybe Aragorn could have given them to the hobbits at Bree and quickly tell how they were made by Aragorn's kin to kill the ringwraiths.

was I the only one who imagined them to be horses with giant bat wings?

The point was the eagles were a device introduced by Tolkien that became a big plot hole. That's not to say it's bad, otherwise there'd be no drama or adventure, but that the introduction of the eagles was too powerful a device, or they weren't tempered down enough through the narrative.

That's assuming that they'd get to them in time, and it's shown that the eagles are willing to attack the Nazgul.

They are described vaguely, but fell beast being pterosaurus looking monsters was well established during Tolkien's lifetime. You must have been lucky to miss any artwork that might have influence your imagination.

that must be it. Before films, I saw very little any art of the lotr.

Yeah, but they realized if they don't destroy the ring Sauron still wins, it just takes a bit longer

ground to air magic missiles

How come Golem never put on the ring?

The Eagles are canon assholes who don't give a shit.

Didn't he just wake up at some point to find that some elves had put it on a chain while he was sleeping?

He died because Pippin stabbed him with a magic blade that was LITERALLY created to kill wraiths. The movies just left this part out to win feminism points.

Most of the shit in the Hobbit movies wasn't in the books. The majority of the movies were (badly) adapted from other Tolkien works or made up entirely.

You should have STAYED dead~ ;D

Hobbits also didn't have big feet, it just became a popular image of them after some artists fucked up some official art. They're really just meant to look like half-sized humans.

He did initially, be was cast out by his village for being an absolute madman, which caused him to blame the ring a resent it, while still jerking himself off to it. Also he was a bit of a spac before he even found the ring, it just made him worse.

The films did, at least, have him stab the Witch King did they not? The point was no man also covered Hobbits.

Isildur turning invisible in the movie is retarded.
The Ring gives what people most want. For hobbits it's to go unnoticed, for wizards and the like to make them all-powerful, for Men to win the hearts of their people, etc…

Because it's established both in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings that Eagles are massive reclusive bitches just like Ents, Dwarves and Elves. Plus the Wraiths that can scream you into madness flying on top of before-time dinosaurs.

Technically, they were not designed to kill ringwraiths in general, but made to fight the Witch King of Angmar, the dunedain's worst enemy back then. The end result is the same

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the ring behaves more or less the same for everyone who bears it. It's just that the attributes and abilities of the bearer can change the outcome. The rings main purpose is to grant you power through dominion over others, but hobbits are shit at this so it has pretty much no effect, while men are only decent at it. Elves and Wizards would be able to fuck shit up royally with the power of the ring, but eventually would fallto Sauron's will, faster depending on their own level of power and will. I believe the invisibility thing was more of a side effect of tuning ones self into the shadow realm, but for beings like Sauron and Tom Bombadil who already had a strong presence in all realms, the invisibility had no effect.

And yet they're a device that saves people's asses multiple times out of the blue.

Yeah, four times in a ~60 year period

I'm pretty sure this is how it is. It explains why Frodo could see the ringwraiths in their twisted real form while wearing the ring and why Glorfindel shines in Frodo's eyes.