20 mins in

So when do the explosions and gunfire start?

About half way through the plane scene

The rape scene in the middle if really disturbing tbh though

Is that the one with the giant wearing a mask?

yeh he's a pretty big guy

first explosion is during the baseball game

Those aren't mountains
THEY ARE BIG GUYS

I never finished it because some guy with a bunch of guns walked into my theater and started shooting at the audience

It's a great movie.

A lot of casualty for a fired gun.

i don't get it.

But for real, I really liked Interstellar.

why

what could be more realistic than a woman being retarded and thinking emotions matter?

I liked the way they at least spent SOME time on the Physics, most shit of this nature just glosses over it or does a really piss poor job trying to trick the viewer with bullshit made up terms.

Take Stranger Things for example, they ripped off the entire 'poke a hole in the paper' thing except instead of the paper representing a plane it had a drawing of a scene on it, then for no reason he bent the paper and stuck a hole through it and was like 'see?'.

If you're gonna copy shit like that fine but at least put in the effort to know what the fuck they were talking about first.

the bitch fucking everything up because of muh emotions was pretty true to life tbh. Surprised they didn't get shit for that from Tumblr Inc. (it was probably because they were too dense to realize the movie was insulting them)

But she was right in the movie. Love truly is the most powerfull force in the universe according to the movie.

Why do people keep repeating this? It was some retarded thing the woman says, all that the power of love does in the movie is make the characters continue in what looks like a hopeless situation. Literally everything gets solved by science

Yes, it was a machine called the tesseract. Not the magical power of love

you did not stick around for the last scene? because it literally says it was the power of love that made it possible for him to survive crossing the event horizon

Or maybe the magic 4D humans from the future made it so he didn't die.

What part of "the movie literally tells you it was love" don't you understand?

You are fucking retarded, the movie has plenty of flaws yet you faggots always go with the "muh love".

Disturbing and controversial, but not gratuitous. Consider the context of the scene. After the water planet exploration disaster, Brand's judgement and reasoning is logically called into question by Cooper. Brand can not articulate beyond 'muh love tho', and Cooper correctly, logically, and scientifically shoots it down. Cooper is only wrong at this point in the film by virtue that the movie is actually fable with a thin sci\fi veneer on top. This is actually another meta hint that Bravo Nolan tried but may not have pulled off that successfully. Moving on to the start of the infamous scene.

It was Brand that initiated the private confrontation with Cooper after the group discussion, when she kept on badgering him on why Cooper shot Brand's reasoning and judgement down. He touched a nerve when he truthfully but untactfully mentioned Brand is simply pining for her boyfriend and that is not a solid basis of reasoning for a literal mission to save humanity. She crossed the line when she told Cooper that at least she can still feel love, unlike him for his dead wife. You can actually time it to the seconds in the scene when Cooper snaps and Brand realizes she has stepped into serious trouble. 6 seconds after Brand said, "dead wife" to Cooper's face, she tries to walk it back with, "Cooper I'm sorry that was huhgk-pleease stahp-you're choki-guggh!".

I'm not going to discuss the actual fairly graphic scene, you can watch that yourselves. I will discuss the far more controversial and enigmatic immediate post-rape scene however. Shortly after Cooper pulls out of the act and regains his composure and we can see his horrifying realization of what he had done to Brand. The camera pans and does a medium close up to Brand's tear streaked face, and her staring at Cooper. What the audience first guesses as her shaking in shock however, gets completely turned upside down when Brand's hand comes into the frame, glistening wet with what appears to be Cooper's semen, and puts them into her mouth while still staring at Cooper. The camera cuts back to Cooper's face with him saying, "Brand…I'm…" and cuts back to Brand. What happens next in the scene is where many of the audience members were asking "what did she mean by this". Although the camera does not graphically shows it, Brand is still staring at Cooper while heavily implying that she digitally penetrates herself while lying on the floor with tears on her face, and only looked away after Cooper said those words of "Brand..I'm…".

It's a very KINO moment.

Great post

I enjoyed the sex-scene with the jeremy renner robot more.

Now that is some fuckin' film criticism.

The movie doesn't say that, its just an off the cuff remark by a senile old bitch whos about to die.

As for the Tesseract, its magic, they don't gotta explain shit.

what the fuck are you on about

Just leave.

He's probably one of those smelly niggers who thought the netflix version is the official canon.

Is anyone else sick of this crying bitch with a face too big for her tiny head? Will not watch Interstellar because of her.

Yes, movie is bearable to watch even with her in it though.

I doubt that, considering there seems to be crying every 20 minutes from Mr. Car Commercial and Bigface McBitch. Oh, and a sci-fi movie seriously suggesting "love" is the solution to their predicament. Nolan really went downhill after CIA rises.

God damnit you cant even read a thread this small and you fell for the meme.