Mad Mel is back

Blood Father
Rated R for strong violence

An ex-con reunites with his estranged wayward 16-year old daughter to protect her from drug dealers who are trying to kill her.

Release date: this Friday August 12 in Canada (limited release), Friday August 26 in the U.S. (limited release)

sounds good:

joblo.com/movie-news/review-blood-father-962

"As for the man himself, Gibson is at his absolute best. Wearing a gritty beard, and sporting a kind of “don’t f**k with me” attitude that’s probably not far from the real Mel, this is his best performance in years. That said, for all his personal drama, Gibson has never let anyone down as far as movies go, although I’d say he has more to chew-on here than he did in EDGE OF DARKNESS or even GET THE GRINGO. If that later film was a call-back to PAYBACK, this is more along the lines of LETHAL WEAPON’s Riggs, with his Link having the same wild-look in his eyes and dangerous sense of unpredictability. One moment he can be tender with Moriarty (who’s very good as the troubled daughter) and in the next can be ripping ears off his opponents with his teeth, while simultaneously telling his daughter that despite all the murder, he’s having the time of his life – which we believe. "

teaser-trailer.com/movie/blood-father/

Other urls found in this thread:

sbs.com.au/movies/review/blood-father-review-mel-gibson-thriller-hits-spot
manlymovie.net/2016/08/review-blood-father-2016.html
kat.al/search.php?q=apocalypto
tribute.ca/showtimes/movie/all/blood-father/117216/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

official trailer

I don't like the look of it. I want Mel to do sci-fi (non-"post apocalyptic").

A Mad Max movie with Mel as an old Max would have been cool. Hope this movie is successful.

Damn kikes

I swear i've seen that movie a dozen times already.
Still nice to see Mel in a movie again. I liked Gringo.

sbs.com.au/movies/review/blood-father-review-mel-gibson-thriller-hits-spot

"Like Don Siegel at his best in things like Charley Varrick (1973), Richet believes in a lean elegance. Plots like this tolerate no deadwood; everything connects with purpose and continues to gather momentum right up to the final shootout. It helps that the action is fierce and convincing. Not long after the opening scene – a blackly comic gag that sends up American weirdness, where it's easier to buy firearms than it is cigarettes – we are plunged into gunplay and it’s immediately clear that this going to be a high-energy ride.

Richet, who directed the excellent Mesrine (2008) and the so-so Assault on Precinct 13 (2005) remake is a classicist when it comes to on-screen killing. Like a fine conductor, in camera moves, and cuts, and careful choreography, he lays out the threat, builds the tension and then unleashes the fury. Or to put it another way, unlike so much recent action cinema, I always knew who was shooting at whom and why and where the bullets were coming from. But there’s nothing too solemn about it, even if the plot conjures all sorts of possibilities to do with the power of parental bonding, self-sacrifice as redemption, and the conviction that the only way to prove one’s love for kin and kin is to take a bullet for the brood. I think Richet cherishes more than any ‘theme’ the purely cinematic rush he can unleash in a car chase."

How fucking original.

It's a short 85 minutes long small budget action movie. What did you expect?

Something original.

He could wear briefs outside on his pants, would that make you happy?

And in that moment…
He truly was….
BLOOD FATHER©

Ugh, couldn't she a be a bit younger?

please sit mr schneider

how about a post apocalypto ?

another positive review:

manlymovie.net/2016/08/review-blood-father-2016.html

"The film follows Lydia Link (Erin Moriarty), a 16 year old missing girl who has fallen in with the wrong crowd, a cartel-affiliated gang led by her sleazy boyfriend Jonah (Diego Luna). But worse than falling in with these types is falling out with them, which Lydia does in a big way. On the run, she’s now alone and will be killed as soon as she is found. Elsewhere, at a shack resembling Martin Rigg’s old abode, ex-biker and murderer John Link (Mel Gibson) is earning pennies as a tattoo artist. He’s jacked, rugged and looks like he’d tear those clean-cut Sons of Anarchy posers apart with his bare hands. The phone rings, it’s his daughter asking for help. Link directs her to him, he has found his half grown, missing child and is going to violently protect her. "

I've never seen Apocalypto but a mesmoamerica setting sounds cool as fuck. Is it any good?

Surprisingly good.

Any idea where I can watch the movie or get a good torrent somewhere??

The movie is a bit hard to come by since they never bothered to do re releases of the movie on DVD

Lol, two seconds at pirate bay.

>kat.al/search.php?q=apocalypto

It is secure?

Consider nothing secure, I use it but I'm in England and never have to worry about piracy stuff. The site's mostly fine anyway, the real worry is your ISP shopping you before the site would.
I use it for most of my stuff anyway

I'll check it out, thanks user.

Hello FBI.

If you're gonna watch Apocalypto, make sure you're set up for it. Don't just stick it on in the background and expect entertaining one liners.

You have to read the english subtitles anyway because they speak maya or some other language.

The man is a great actor compared to his writing so I hope his performance is good. Seriously, he's starting to get his shit together again. Can we expect Brendan Fraser and the rest of the Just League to get their shit together again?

probably but itorrents.org seems to be under attack so a lot of links aren't working, you have to grab the magnet link instead.

Lol murifat

It's a good thing we don't have any nasty government organizations watching us every moment, right comrade?

+15

It's tovarish you zapadniki cuckold.

only in Montreal this weekend in Canada?

tribute.ca/showtimes/movie/all/blood-father/117216/

At least it is showing in your city nothing is coming up where I'm living.

Only cinema around here has Suicide Squad taking up 4 theaters along with some other generic schlock and Star Trek which will be leaving soon since almost no one went to see that shit around here. First week it was in theaters they had like three theaters for it but the turnout was small as shit.

I bet he fucked his daughter
who wouldnt?

down the shitter it goes. I swear since 2001 it's always the president's daughter or the senator's daughter. Are male children less sympathetic?

Obviously, at sixteen a boy should be able handle themselves in violent situations much better than a girl. If you wanted a sympathetic male child you would have to go younger or them have some sort of disability.

Nostalgic.

Hahahaha you're funny

What does this have to do with atheism? Are you new here firend? Because that reaction image is used in a different context

I guess you are right, would you rather a film like die hard 4?

Young females are weak, useless, pitiable creatures. So of course they appeal to your basic left-wing movie watcher.

I'll try to see it either today or Tuesday

No one ever thought Mel would get back on his feet, but he has, so if he can do it can Brendan do it to? Or is the alimony just too strong?

Gender Flipped Air Force one remake coming soon!

jizz cuckmann liked it.