Star Trek Beyond BTFO

>The film came in 14% lower than the opening of its immediate predecessor, Star Trek Into Darkness, but box office experts noted that the fall was mild in comparison to other sequels of 2016 and is still considered a hit. It dropped precipitously by 69% on its second Friday and was overtaken by newcomer spy film Jason Bourne, earning $6.75 million. By comparsion, Star Trek dropped 56% on its first Friday while Star Trek into Darkness fell 53%.

Beta Pegg on suicide watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160731192358/http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/07/30/friday-box-office-star-trek-plunges-69-ghostbusters-topping-100m/
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/08/06/friday-box-office-jason-bourne-plunges-71-as-star-trek-beyond-continues-freefall/#1e5ac9ad35f5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also sauce: web.archive.org/web/20160731192358/http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/07/30/friday-box-office-star-trek-plunges-69-ghostbusters-topping-100m/

Midnight's Edge did a video on it already.

Also it's apparently the best Star Trek movie out of the 3.

A friend of mine went to go see Star Trek Beyond and the ticket-taker sent him to the wrong theater. He ended up seeing Suicide Squad instead and liked it.

I saw Suicide Squad too. It actually wasn't that bad. Either GB lowered my expectations too much or it was genuinely a pretty okay film.

Youtube celeb shills plz leave.

"It's not the numbers that matter but what I tell you! You don't get to decide what any of this means. Now listen and believe!"

Money doesn't mean squat to these idiots. The RT percentage is what sells to them. A thing both films had in common was that they actually used the RT ratings in their trailers as if that was a major selling point.

You know you fucked up when a confirmed box office bomb is doing better than you. Its funny how the BFG is instantly marked as a bomb yet with GB and ST they're quick to throw detour lines to distract from its failures like "while it did not meet expectations it did better than other movies of its genre this summer" or "an unrelated film did far worse". Even Wikipedo is doing its best to make the movies sound like successes. Unbiased info my ass.

SABOTAGE

I refuse to give them money because of gay Sulu.

Why the fuck was a motorcycle in an old abandoned ship that happened to have Kirk's favorite song?

Don't worry. Pegg and his idiots in charge of changing the character barely made him a fag. He walks into a room with a little bitch and some ugly faggot who he hugs before the scene changes. Pegg is an attention whore and only did that to show that he was some kind of holier-than-thou hero of rights or some crap yet does so by shitting on the faggots (like George "Butt-Plower" Takei) he supposedly defends.

Can this Marxist masturbatory fantasy finally die and take the Culture along with it?

I've had enough of leftists ruining sci-fi.

I just want DS9 reruns (the only good ST alongside maybe the OT). Is that so much to ask?

Why I love to see nuTrek fucked over as much as the next man wasn't this the best of the three?

It tried to be more like the older films in some parts, but overall it was still riddled with the same flaws and bullshit of the last two films. The original script was going to be more like a traditional star trek film but they threw it in the trash because it was "too Star Trek" and they wanted to please the masses, not the fans.

Well fuck them then. On the positive side forcing gay Sulu is likely to take the blame (I honesty doubt it was a major cause) and pandering to SJWs is looking less and less profitable with each flop…

Arguably somewhat more of an anarchistic left than a Marxist left.

JUST PEGG MY BUTT UP

Best part is that even SJWs and faggots can't touch us if we mock the movie or Sulu's characterization since we can just call Pegg a homophobe or some shit for not respecting Takei's wishes (even though Takei himself is kind of getting what he deserves since Into Darkness came out he called Abrams choice for Khan racist and now people are calling him an internalized homophobe for not supporting Pegg's choice. Is this what they call Karma?).

What? I thought this movie was still in the making. How come there weren't any ads for it in my country? Especially considering we're nearing the end of the winter break; perhaps they fucked up on the marketing and people were unaware the movie was already out.

And Takei also shilled that Solar Roadways bullshit along with all those "hip" sci-fi actors like Nathan Fillion. So while I'm not as sympathetic to Takei, it's still funny as shit to see them talk shit about him because they thought turning Chinese Sulu into a gay was bold or extraordinary when DS9 did an alien lesbian thing nearly 2 decades earlier. Of course, no one remembers that because none of the people who thinks these films are good ever watched Star Trek.

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/08/06/friday-box-office-jason-bourne-plunges-71-as-star-trek-beyond-continues-freefall/#1e5ac9ad35f5

I remember that fondly

People are figuring out that these movies are going fucking nowhere.

Remember when Star Trek was about exploring a woefully put-together galaxy?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Where did it all go so wrong?

Is the new show fucked then? Are they going to sell Paramount to the Chinese?

The new show is fucked. Have you seen the new ship? It's a failed design from the 70's dusted off and passed off for new. The show runner is confusing genitals for philosophy and morality plays.

People will praise Enterprise after the new show premieres in December. Enterprise is one of the least pozzed Star Treks. T/pol was objectified in decon scene and so were the female MACOs.

FTFY shitlord.

I disagree.
TOS is great, TNG is also fine. DS9 has a nigger.
Cry more.

Sure you jest?

The MACO women were the least objectified in the entire franchise. And at 1:35 one of them even gets pounced and uses an electric baton and went TR8-0R before TR8-0R was a thing. The MACO in general were just great

I thought beyond terrible was okay-ish. I liked seeing the NX-class since I enjoy the design. Plot was better than Jew Jew's Into More Money.

But the fact is that it's still hardly Star Trek. It still tries too hard to be Jar Jar-tier and Pegg should just not write and stick to acti- oh wait, he sucks at that too. If they had stuck with the original script which the studio deemed as being "too Star Trek" then maybe, just maybe this movie would've been worth saving and worth feeling sorry for.

It actually isn't, it's more pretentious than the last two combined. All three films are the same exact thing though, don't get me wrong.

I don't know why but Midnight Edge is a real fanboy for Nu-Star Trek. To the point were he's actually making shit up and twisting facts, like claiming that Star Trek 2008 was the most financially succesfull Star Trek movie of all times which is just flat out wrong.

I think the real problem wasn't the existence of the movie itself but how the fans actually want a Star Trek TV series and not another shitty film.

I for one absolutely adore Star Trek and I still don't want to go see Star Trek Beyond because I want a new TV series not another shit action movie

It isn't?

It's biggest in pure boxoffice income. But it's also the most expensive in production and marketing.

Both Star Trek 1 and 4 were much more profitable.

Star Trek?
MORE LIKE STAR WRECK!

the MACOS came off like wormhole x-treme rejects to me.
call me crazy, but trek "action" scenes never really excited me.

Maybe its those gay pewpew sounds

Its called getting older. It happens to women too. Staying in shape is how they can stay looking as good as possibly. Now I admit that Jolene night have taken things a little far. Waifu's aren't forever. Even anime girls get replaced by the latest waifu tech, NEET.

She's Tara Reid tier

Is she a burn victim?

Quite possibly, yes

Sorry the racist here on Holla Forums can't handle forward thinking movies :)

These people don't have the slightest clue how thin the ice they're walking on is, or what happens to their kind when people get so fed up they finally decide they have had enough of their bullshit and do something about it.

I would still fuck her tbh

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Don't sperg out because not everyone is gay.

I keep trying to warn my liberal friends about this, but they aren't listening.

How was it pretentious?

Then what is good sci-fi to you?

How was Jason Bourne anyways?

THOSE VEINS!

Okay/10

Source?

It definitely tried to sound more like a moral film that seemed to think highly of itself, at least that's the way it felt to me when I saw it. Although that's usually the kind of feeling I get when watching Pegg's recent work.

Even by old people standards, her skin doesn't look healthy.

How is the last one even considered a "change"? Ms. Marvel's been a thing for like decades. Only thing they did was change her name to Captain because Ms is apparently sexist and it's related to some new age gender bullshit. If anything this just causes confusion with DC's Captain Marvel.

(((German Names)))

Change is only good if it makes things better.

Not surprizing, Bongistan is a country of pedos. May as well call it the Pedoph Isles.

damn bitch eat a cheeseburger

Hollywood women don't eat silly.

"Insert witty retort here"

why were nearly all the communists who wanted to turn germany into a slave state for the soviet union jews?