Is this the worst Star Trek captain of all Time?

Is this the worst Star Trek captain of all Time?
I know Janeway is usually considered the worst for being a bipolar maniac rampaging through the Delta Quadrant, but at least she wasn't starting an interstellar War spanning three Quadrants, twice and rauined billions of live and at least one religion through gross incompetence and overinflated ego.

Other urls found in this thread:

trekmovie.com/2011/02/09/rick-berman-writing-star-trek-memoir-talks-roddenberry-ds9-voy-ent/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sisko wasn't really a captain, he was more like a mayor or a governor.

His role was so different from the others I'm not sure you can compare. It's like comparing General Veers to Commander Jerjerrod.

Was he really the cause of those wars? I might not be in the know, but I thought they were just caught in the middle of a lot of stuff. This is a former cardasian space station, right next to intergalactic bullet train. Sisko is a little bit too masculine at times, but it wasn't that bad.

No. He was the second best after Kirk. Never forget that Picard wanted to negotiate with a genocidal snowflake and chose not to exterminate the Borg.

Archer was the worst. He was the George W Bush of Star Trek. Which makes sense since there was no Starfleet or an academy. Watching an untrained, inexperienced captain learn as he went along would have made for excellent television. But Archer was an arrogant asshole that just wanted to do his own thing.

You Nigger.

I remember one episode where he illegally crossed into Cardassian Space using a cloaking device given to him by the Romulans in a treaty that strictly forbids him to use the cloak anywhere but the gamma quadrant and then open fire on Klingons, which were still allied with the Federation back then. All because he wanted to save some cardassian politicians who had no power and didn't even ask for exile or something.

I have no idea why Starfleet didn't throw him into a sun for that shit alone.

You mean when the Klingons were invading the Cardassians, he made a decision to save lives rather than have the Klingons take them?

I mean he broke a treaty with the Romulans to enter the sovereign space of another Nation unvited to open fire without provokation on the Klingons which at that point were still allied with the Federation, yes.

To stop an invasion of a bunch of crazed warrior cunts. How is that bad?

What are you? Romulan? They didn't give a shit. Why do you?

He was invited. That was the plan he made with Gul Dukat.

No they weren't. Gowron rejected the Kitomer accords when the Feds condemned the invasion.

He didn't stop an invasion though, he just picked up a couple of politicians that turned out to be completely useless and who the federation decided not to help, and to do that commited an act of War against an Ally of the Federation by illegally using Romulan Equipment.

When Kirk did that shit he was at least always validated later because he got results. Sisko just broke the treaties with the Klingons and Romulans for shits and giggles without anything to show for it.

He tried though. What would've happen if he managed to stop it? And like said they weren't an ally after The Feds condemned them. If the Klingons didn't invade Cardassia they wouldn't have joined the Dominion. So what was he supposed to do? Stand by and watch an unjust invasion?

Second best you mean. He was by far the comfiest captain.

I'll just say he's better than Janeway, but everyone is better than Janeway.

I thought the episode from which that pick comes from was good

Sisko was a more down to earth relatable Captain, who later became Jesus.

What the hell, last time I asked who the worst one was, everyone said Archer, even though I hoped he wasn't.

Archer didn't make enough of an impression on me for me to even have an opinion on him,

Did Archer at least leap home in the end?

Are you the same guy that made that joke in the last thread?

If you don't think he's better than Picard you need to rewatch TNG.

Janeway is the absolute worst, I don't see how anyone could argue anything else. Personally I have some annoyances with Sisko, like how he starts talking like a weirdo when he's being dramatic or the black power shtick and I thought Picard was a faggy rulecuck but Janeway was objectively bad.

Signing a treaty that forced them to not bother researching cloaking was possiblt the most retarded asspull the writers ever made.

Best Captain coming through

Nah I don't think so.

He's a nigger, so yes, of course he's the worst.

His ship didn't explore anything, just stayed there doing fuck all.
Worst captain

Except all those episodes where they explored something on the other side of the wormhole.

You mean he was the best captain ever?

Wasn't he officially a Commander? They all call him Commander

He was a Captain when he was captaining the Defiant. He was the Commander of DS9.

lesser evil=/=not evil at all
Obama being shit doesn't justify his term.

Let's see. Voyager was where the IP went to shit.

Voyager was a shortbus in space and Janeway was a tard wrangler at best.

Which he decided after being pleaded with by his crew not to destroy them

I heard that one of the Battlestar Galactica writers left Voyager early on and took most of his good ideas with him, which he then put into BSG.

Is that suppose to be an excuse? It isn't.

Pinkskin is second best Captain.
Shitskin is worst Captain.
Women captain belongs in prison.

The reason he chose not to exterminate the Borg at that time was because his crew had made friends with Hugh and exterminating the Borg meant killing Hugh. Dr Crusher also didn't agree with exterminating them because it meant exterminating an entire race - even if it was the Borg. Picard offered Hugh asylum on the Enterprise, realising that he's become an individual, which Hugh rejected because The Borg would never stop hunting the Enterprise. They sent Hugh back, which in its own way fucked The Borg because Hugh's newfound individuality fucked with the collective hive-mind.

So you see, Picard letting the Borg live was not so much a case of Picard being a bleeding heart as it was the rest of the crew's, especially that Dr Crusher. When he encounters The Borg again in First Contact Picard is nowhere near as level-headed or forgiving concerning them.

The space crystal was unforgivable though

You are talking about Ronald Moore. He tried working for Rick Berman, but Berman is so awful, he had to quit.

Yeah, what the fuck?

"This thing strips planets bare"

Don't forget, Picard had Q ringing in his ears about how humanity is a barbaric species that don't deserve to be interacting with anyone. I think a part of Picard was influenced by far point and the trial of humanity. It could explain his seeking for diplomacy even when the situation appears to call for direct action.

Nothing you said absolves Picard of his responsibility. The captain orders the crew. Not the other way around.

Honestly, when I think about DS9, I tend to forget about Sisko almost entirely. He's about the least interesting character on the show.

Do you know what mutiny is? They fucking outnumber him. If they felt so passionately about not eliminating the Borg they could have easily overthrown him

It's Braga, not Berman he had conflict with. Moore worked on Star Trek since TNG

That seems impossible considering BSG is fucking trash.

this is fact.

The gayest word ever.

I wanted that stupid dog to die in the most horrible way possible. Just to wreck Archer. Imagine Archer sees the transporter turning his dog inside out. Blood goes flying everywhere. Now that would be a great scene.

SWEDEN YES before that was a thing basically.

You're a horrible person, JJ. No wonder all your films are shit.

You know a show has shit writing when 40k suddenly starts looking like the saner alternative.

No. He was a hologram the entire time.

Riker: Computer, end program.

How many inches Holla Forums?

He's a big guy

THERE. ARE. FOUR. INCHES

Holla Forums, tell me about your sexual organs.

Why didn't they team up Picard and Sisko? There's a goldmine there for a potentially interesting story.

Picard would have told im he's betraying and undermining everything Starfleet stands for, end of story.

To which Sisko might have retorted something like 'You killed my wife'

And then Picard might cry again

He was a Commander then got promoted to Captain.

shit list

okay list

mah cardy

This is completely accurate.

Archer is better than Sisko. Because he's white.

Did people forget that Spock was a Captain?

Yeah, but what were HIS accomplishments?

Well he did kill himself to save the ship. There was that.

Yeah okay. What else? I mean Kirk brought peace between Klingons and The Federation, Picard saved Earth from being assimulated, and Sisko saved the Alpha and Beta quadrants from an evil empire. What did Spock do compared to them?

Sulu was captain in The Undiscovered Country and an episode of voyager

Not really, Spock did most of the work there. All Kirk did was help prevent the assassination and come to terms with his hatred of the Klingons.

He held the meeting of peace on his ship. And the Chancellor told him to not have it end the way it did. He also knew before Spock that it was someone on his ship. (The recording of him in the Klingon court tipped him off. You can see it on his face.)

Doesn't count, Sulu is gay.

He isn't in the prime universe. Don't fucking remind me of the film.

Sisko's ship and wife were already doomed the second someone put that nigger in charge.

What are you talking about? He was never in charge really.

VOY is flick, DS9 is kino. But you wouldn't know, because to you they're Netflix series and not huge battlefields which spanned a decade of discussions.

I wish bazingas didn't fight over ST for nerd cred. You already got your Doctor Who and Firefly, maybe let's pretend ST is too mainstream so you'll finally fuck off.

Yet.

Not him, but DS9 is.

Even Takei wouldn't accept it.

Now thats what i call ingenuity.

There's nothing clever or subtle about DS9. Some fags claim it was smart only because that hackfraud Ira Behr hamfistedly brought moral ambiguity into a ST-show.

Now for the real question though, who would you rather lovingly impregnate ?

But he wasn't in charge. He was the First Officer

Is 'both' an option?

Ezri would make for a great wife. Jadzia is more of a domme. Fuckbuddy at best.

Which Spock suggested they hold while Kirk was all 'Let them die'

Spock actually found the culprits while Kirk and McCoy were busy rotting away in Space Siberia

You don't have to marry her. Just get a baby in her

There's nothing clever or subtle about Robocop, but all I see is everyone praise it. Including me.

I'll give you the first one.
No he didn't, he found them dead. And he wouldn't have founnd the other main culprit without Kirk's help.

Two worst girls. No thanks.

Yes. Archer is an idiot and Janeway is a marry sue (especially when written by Jeri, muh holodeck novels, Taylor).

But Sisko is something special. This guy was conceived because an alien decided to take over the body of some women against her will, and forced this women to have sex with some guy to became pregnant. Now this goes beyond rape. Even the Borg aren’t this evil. Again, this alien didn’t rape some women itself, no, it used the love of an innocent man and made him do it instead. Fucking disgusting writing.

And then Sisko grows up and at first he’s ok. He understands that the prophets are just some aliens who pass themselves off as gods to the primitive Bajorans. But during the run of the show Sisko uses biological warfare on his own people, starts worshipping the prophets, believes he’s Jesus, fights an alien who he considers to be a ‘demon’ in some place called the ‘fire caves’, and eventually becomes one of the aliens so he can leave his wife and son (*insert black man stereotype here*) and live with his worst-than-rapist mother.

Luckily Sisko doesn’t exist and he and the whole of DS9 are just the delusions of some crazy black guy who thinks his science fiction stories are real.

They wouldn't have foiled the assassination attempt and rounded up all the conspirators without Spock and his ability to mind meld.

True, and he did bring up the idea of finding the General's cloaking ship.

How is any of this Sisko's fault?

At least, OP brought up actual reasons and decisions Sisko made for his argument. What is this shit?

At least Sisko isn't considered perfect for doing these things

It points out the backstory of the character is already fucked. But what's really bad is Sisko not doing anything about this. He doesn't consider the prophets as the evil aliens they really are, but starts worshipping them instead.

The guy goes from a man of science, a Starfleet officer, to a religious extremist.

He did promise to come back, which is more than most black fathers do

Bullshit. You and Starfleet's attitude against the Prophets makes no sense whatsoever. The Prophets exist. You can talk to them and ask them about the future. And guess what? They will actually answer you.

You would think that Starfleet would be happy about knowing the future. That is the ultimate source of intelligence. Instead they act like assholes at every opportunity. Hey retards, when beings that can see the future give you a warning, fucking listen.

Dax was le stronk womyn and Ezri was incredibly annoying but you're high if you think wrinkly nose terrorist dyke is more attractive than either of them.

Can't we just agree that they're all fuckable?

You're kidding me.

Aliens with godlike powers are so common,Starfleet probably just files them as a minor oddity. At least they aren't a hazard like the Caremma or Q and instead just play pranks on some hillbillies on that backwater planet.

I can't believe she allowed Alexander Siddig to impregnate her.

The Dominion started the war. They started the war at the end of season 2. They blew up the Odyssey and dozens of ships from all over the alpha quadrant and massacred a Bajoran colony. The war should have started right there.

But then in the Season 3 premiere, we find out there is no war. Everybody just decided to wait and see. WTF? I'm not surprised the hippie Federation did nothing. But the Klingons would have definitely kicked Jemhadar ass for destroying their ships.

I got to admit i found that a bit odd too. I mean that Prophet evidently posessed her, seduced some random nigger and forced a pregnancy, then just left her body after a year and left her so terrified and confused she ran all the way to australia were she conviniently died in an "accident" a month later.

Pretty fucked up, and they never talked about that whole scenario again.

It's some Twin Peaks level shit, really

Scott Bakula is such a great actor that he convinced you that Archer is an idiot. Archer has no idea what he is doing actually exploring the galaxy. He has to make it up as he goes and there is no backup. Kirk, Picard, and Nigger have the benefit of a large organization behind them with decades/centuries of experience in space exploration. Janeway is an unstable crazy person, probably related to her period and not getting fucked regularly.

Janeway is the .webm I attached. Just stupid.

I see nothing stupid in that webm.

First thing the Founders told Odo was that they already had plans to invade the Alpha Quadrant, and that they were going to fast-forward.

The Dominion had been written as like a low-budget version of Star Wars' Galactic Empire, imported into Star Trek. In my opinion, given what they told us about the Dominion's size, the major invasion force that was only like a couple thousand Jem'Hadar cruisers, should've been more like 50,000 vessels including massive personnel carriers and allied forces. The Federation of that era probably wouldn't have very much trouble grinding away the Jem'Hadar numbers in the show, definitely not after allying with the Klingons, at least after they figured out how the Jem'Hadar weapons could penetrate Federation shielding.

But anyway, they basically wrote into the story that the Dominion were an aggressively expansionist force that intended to subjugate all 'solid' life-forms. But I agree that it would've been more interesting if they'd written the Dominion as a more neutral power that was drawn into the war by Federation activities. In any event, I liked what we got: the invasion starting off with a few Dominion spies placed in key positions of power throughout the Alpha Quadrant was interesting.

Sisko also saved the Klingons. Martok, the main proponent of war, was a changeling. So the motives of war were suspect. Also, Worf had said that the conquest represented a return to the "old ways" for the Klingons, which meant that they were gonna go off the reservation and invade fucking everyone. Basically, the Dominion was already starting to pull strings, and this would've sent them down the road to all the Alpha powers grinding away at each other. Sisko knew he needed the Klingons inside the tent pissing out, rather than outside the tent pissing in, once the Dominion forces arrived to finish the job.

Granted Sisko obviously violated the P.D. and about a hundred other rules & treaties by intervening, and should've been relieved at the very least.

- correction
*their plans due to the wormhole opening

I bet you wouldn't say that about Porthos from the Mirror Universe.

Indeed.

Didn't she play a large part in the Q war

I'd say that's a much bigger thing than a war spanning quadrants

Sisko had a tense relationship with Starfleet ever since Picard surrendered to Q, which resulted in Starfleet's contact with the Borg and the Borg subsequently taking interest in Starfleet. When the Borg invaded the Federation less than three years later, Picard provided them with tactical knowledge of the fleet and aided the Borg in killing Sisko's wife. After Picard was reinstated to command with no penalties, then he sent Sisko to space-Judah to protect some space-Jews from space-Nazis/ themselves. Then as soon as Sisko gets out there, all this crazy shit starts happening right in that area of space, and he gets virtually zero support from Starfleet for most of this time. The Cardassians supply arms and materiel to a separatist movement in Bajor. Starfleet tells Sisko to ignore it even though it would've resulted in Cardassia getting the wormhole. The Federation cucks lots of its own citizens in the Cardassian treaty; said citizens subsequently form a guerilla warfare group, and Sisko has to deal with it. The wormhole opens up; the space-Byzantine Empire is on the other side; they immediately start planting spies everywhere. The Grand Nagus dies, but it was a ruse. Jadzia Dax fucks every male-type life-form on the station EXCEPT for Sisko & the Dr.

Sisko's courting of the wormhole aliens and overtures to Bajoran religion was actually alliance-building at the highest level. We see the fruits of this labor when they crush a Dominion invasion fleet.

Porthos was the best character on the show faggot. All he wanted was some cheese from start to finish.

Sisko, proof that diversity hires still exists in the 24th Century. Set your phasers to POZ and engage!

If i remember correctly they were supposed to be the Anti-Federation. Unlike all the other One Race-Empires the Dominion was supposed to be a Nation of many races just like the Federation, only with even more obvious hierarchy and fascism than the Federation already has.

Stupid mutt didn't even know that cheese made his tummy hurt.
What a retard dog without any selfcontrol.

okay

like poetry.

Other way around actually…

He sat around in a cave on Romulus for a few decades and then invented a paint that turned into black holes.

Takei's not CBS. That's why he never got his Excelsior TV show. And if CBS says OG Sulu is gay, he can't do shit except bitch on Twitter.

Never fuck anyone who has more than one voice inside their head at the same time.

The Borg has assimilated Seven of Nine's family decades before Picard ever met Q, and they were already making incursions into the Romulan Neutral Zone towards the end of Season 1. Even worse, they'd already broadcast the co-ordinates of Earth to the Delta Quadrant after they tried to take over Archer's Enterprise even before TOS.

Q just gave Picard (who he correctly guessed was the only person from Earth able to do something about it) a few months warning. I was about to include Starfleet being warned there, too, but I imagine that Section 31 had some idea what was about to happen (but had jack-shit ability to do anything about it).

Didn't you see City on the Edge of Forever. They always used hats to cover Spock's ears.

He failed his duty the stupid cuck. All the borg had to do was invade and it all would have been over but no one had the balls to make that into a show.

Braga is Berman's minion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Moore worked on TNG and DS9. Berman didn't take complete control over Star Trek until Voyager. Piller and Behr were in charge of DS9 and kept Berman as far away as possible.

trekmovie.com/2011/02/09/rick-berman-writing-star-trek-memoir-talks-roddenberry-ds9-voy-ent/

"Finds notion that DS9 show-runner Ira Behr "tricked" him into allowing controversial elements into show "hurtful" and "not true""

Fuck you, Rick Berman.

Did you not see First Contact?

If the Borg attempted an invasion of Earth, Picard knew precisely how to stop them, because he was part of their collective and as a result knows all their shit.

Moore on Braga

This.
He's the guy responsible for the shitty stuff in Star Trek. He fired Ron Jones after 2 seasons of TNG because he wanted a bland soundtrack. Jones' work was really great, each episode had its own musical identity. Dennis McCarthy's work (and the 2 other Trek composers) during the entire Star Trek franchise is just wallpaper music, no theme that you can remember.
He didn't want Star Trek to evolve, he wanted it to stay true to Roddenberry's pitch. That's why he left DS9 after 2 seasons (or 3?) to create VOY, by doing that he indirectly gave Behr and his writing staff carte blanche.

Which producer saved TNG from the utter shit it was under Roddenberry?

He fired the guy who scored Best of Both Worlds? Why?

Micheal Pillar I believe

I think it because he felt if you focused on the music you were not paying attention what was going on in the scene

Ron Jones refused to make bland incidental music.

The Ron Jones Project (14 discs) is a great compilation of all his work on Trek, you should check it out.

I forgot to add a video.

True, but it's already been said that Sulu is VERY straight verbatim in the prime universe.

Ronald Moore should be kept away from the controls of a show though. NuBSG was a fucking mess.

What could have been.

nigger=bad captain
=ciscum

I watched a few episodes of enterprise before giving up on it and the only thing I remember about Archer was a scene where him, hot vulcan chick and some random guy on his crewe were eating a meal and Archer was sulking because the Prime directive was stopping him from doing something and was about to throw a tantrum before the vulcan told him he could go do it. The way the characters were acting it was like a 5 year old was about to cry that his mum wasn't buying him that new toy he just saw and she eventually gave in just to shut him up.

Good God. I thought Berman hanging his head and muttering he always thought ST was corny was bad. But having fucking boy bands onboard…

Tell me about it, a whole season of recruitment and ship building would have been rad as fuck.

It's also been said verbatim in the Prime Universe that if you hit Warp 10 you turn into a horny lizard that can turn 40 year old bipolar women into horny lizards. That was changed, and although noone complained in that case, I'd also imagine they can alter Sulu's situation with equal ease.

wew

Yeah, I know. I just hope the real fans know what's up.

They went to warp 13 in All Good Things

Eh, 26 episodes of that shit would get dull. Maybe if it was like 13 episodes it could be entertaining

So here I was thinking Berman was this genius who saved Star Trek from destruction at the hands of the hack Roddenberry and, as it turns out, Berman was just another Roddenberry. Someone whose success in creating great television had nothing to with his own innate talents but rather with his ability to hire people who did have talent.

this thread

Lucky bastard.

that worked out so well for Nagus Zek, right?

in All Good Things, they changed the warp scale because starfleet officers were sick of saying "warp 9.9999995" or some shit

Was Zek fit to deal with it properly?

Did they actually say that in the episode?

The reason the Enterprise D could go to warp 13 in All Good Things was because it had an extra nacelle

Then why did nobody ever design a ship with 10 nacelles?

Did the Orkz invade the Star Trek universe and start looting again?

Why stop there? 40 nacelles strapped together and a tiny warp reactor in the middle and you could go to ludicrous speeds. Then you could do hit and run strikes with long range torpedoes. The klingons would be defeated in a week.

Neither, if my dick is going where no man has gone before, I'm gonna plant my flag in something worthwhile.

You are going to stick it inside William Shatner?

I shouldn't have laughed, but I did

He's referring to the fact that only that type of army helmet would have been adequate for Spock.

I would

LUDICROUS SPEED

webmed for your pleasure

Damned Cardies

Sisko's solutions were much more practical than those of Picard. Believe it or not characters without plot armour can't diplomacy/technobabble everything away. Sometimes you've got to fuck shit up. And Archer threatened to start a diplomatic incident because his dog got sick after bringing the dog for no fucking reason. Easily the most incompetent captain.

Seems like a bad call really. But the objectively correct answer is Ezri. Anyone who hates her just didn't like the change in actresses despite the fact Farrell couldn't act for shit.

He's obviously wrong, BSG is great.
The reboot BSG is trash.

?

You're wrong, Ezri was fucking annoying. She was way hotter though. I'd love to shut her up with my dick.

To be fair Behr was responsible for turning Dukat into a one dimensional villain because he got triggered by people on the internet siding with him instead of the Bajorans. He also looks like this nowadays…

Annoying with good reason instead of being Miss fucking Perfect sure. Bashir was annoying early on too and it worked well giving him actual character development etc. Another season and we could have had the same for Ezri but she was a last-minute thing after Farrell threw a bitchfit over whatever it was. She also refused to show up in the last episode's montage out of spite.

I hated her back when the show was actually on too but after rewatching I've warmed to her. I had much the same experience with ENT particularly if you pretend the second half of S2 and all of S3 didn't happen. 1 and 4 are stronger than any given season of TNG.

That was declared non-cannon for being fucking retarded as all shit. It's also from the shittiest series and that's counting the *8actually surprisingly good** series with the fucking catgirls. Retconning one bad episode is clearly a different case from changing a pretty fundamental trait of an established, loved and series-spanning character.

Additionally you could go past Warp 10 in TOS-era but the terminology was different back then, at least so the in-universe explanation goes.

I thought her scatterbrained behavior made her adorable. That and the little spot on the upper lip.

Not a great actress though.

Porthos needs fresh air too. Besides, a dog could have been part of a cultural exchange too.

Not stupid at all. Fucking pleb.

That's what happens when you make your main recurring antagonist a despicable but genuinely likable and entertaining character (who stands equal with your main protagonist in both valor and shadiness), and your allied supporting race into bunch of hotheaded and whiny nuisances.

That was Behr's one big mistake, not letting things run their course.

A good part of that was the actor (who is top-tier by the way). He purposefully played Dukat as the hero and frankly compared to the Bajorans who wouldn't love him? If you pretend the last season or so didn't happen he's a man bravely fighting an unwinnable fight for his homeland against dirty Klingon scum.

The aliens in question had already had one bad experience with the Enterprise due to strict cultural norms and an inexperienced dumbshit captain not bothering to do any research. Ruining your second chance by taking your dog down with you, causing another fucking incident (it pissed on a sacred tree) and then threatening to bomb everyone when the dog gets sick is the very definition of incompetence.

Archer a shit.

DUKAT DID NOTHING WRONG!

Of course he didn't.

That's why they had to write him turning into fucking Satan which Alaimo still pulled offf.

You're just a dog hating homo, I'd bomb any worthless xenos for my dog.

I love dogs as much as the next man. I dislike incompetent starship captains who risk their crew, their ship, the diplomatic standing of their planet and yes, their dog, for childish reasons.

No.

He always had that weird look. His beard was red once (in one of the TNG or DS9 behind the scenes).>The reboot BSG is trash.

Nah she just spits out a baby to the guy than runs off.

Rebooted BSG is a 'gritty' soap opera in space, nothing more. Judged as anything other than a soap opera it's terrible tv.

You are also missing the point of the episode too. Archer was acting stupid, realized it, and corrected his behavior. The stupid part included learning that aliens are cultural different than Earth men. This might be simple for us to understand but Archer grew up on an Earth with a one world government and in 'murica. So he might not be so good at geography or foreign languages either.
You are Wesley Crusher in pic related.

I definitely remember the actor's dismay once the derailment began. Alaimo insisted that Dukat would never beat up an old man like that. I believe him.

There are ways to show this lesson without such stupidity. 'This week on Star Trek: Enterprise Captain Archer learns that threatening to attack diplomats over a sick dog is poor diplomacy. Tune in next week to see him learn how to wipe his own arse with only minimal instructions.' Honestly though the point of the episode was actually poor comedy since it was all supposedly caused by previously non-existent sexual tension with T'Pol. They also tried their level best to turn Phlox into comic relief again though nothing can dent Billingsley's performance.

Oh yes. These classic little quotes explain it all:

Oy Vey, remember the 5 million which, over 50 years of occupation, really doesn't support the idea of death camps. Top tier writing there.

So Dukat is space Hitler/Nixon/Ceaser/Whatever Political the writers didn't like and didn't understand. They also rather cuntishly hid fan mail from the actor so he couldn't use it to argue against the changes in the later seasons. SJW politics fucking up good lore is sadly not a new thing at all.

There's also a fair bit of suspision that those letters are what really upset them. Why would people want to pump the EVIL SPACE HITLER instead of riding Sisko's BBC?

Is Marc Alaimo red pilled?

One does not have to be red-pilled to see Cardassians are superior to a bunch of fucking terrorist scum.

That's a pretty good point actually, the show never really brings that up but Earth seems pretty homogenised under the NWO and doesn't really have different cultures, as far as the show is concerned they're all American shitlibs. I guess that's why the showrunners hated Gul Dukat, he was from a different culture and had different beliefs and he wasn't so easily condemned since he had a cause. Star Trek goes nicely parallel with American liberal imperialism, it's a ridiculous concept when you think about it.

Bajor would need a fucking tiny population for 5 million to be anything but a tiny fraction compared to natural deaths. At 9 billion Bajorians, Cardassian genocide would be about as deadly as police brutality of Brazil. Bajor propably had a significantly smaller population, though. Assuming they were barely industrial at 0.3 billion, the occupation would have been safer than the current Ukraine crisis.

The writers had no sense of scale.

In cannon it's about 4 billion by the time of DS9. Even if we assume a small boost in population during the occupation it can't have increased that heavily over 50 years. Genocide my hair fucking arse.

If they were responsible for hurting the dog sure. If Archer should blame anyone for the dog's illness it's himself.

Did the ever explicitly mention death camps? Not labor camps where life is cheap but death camps where the sole purpose is death?
Any Bajoran lampshades or couches?
Just a big chain gang where people die

Gallitep is pretty much a death camp in Bajoran eyes. If we believe Kira then they were murdering Bajorans just for funsies, killing babies etc. I've always gone with the belief it was just a labour camp and Kira a shit but what can you do?

Abrams' Captain Kirk.

Well in the MMO (which is shit, don't play it unless you've already played it for years) most of the time you can go faster than Warp 10 and it reads as "Transwarp 1X.XX" Max level players also get a Quantum Slipstream Drive that with the right set up can let them go up to Transwarp 33. I believe the cartoon had a few moments where Enterprise went to something like Warp 14 or 15 but it was brief and it threatened to tear the ship apart.

Then again, the MMO and the cartoon aren't canon either (if anyone cares) but it doesn't excuse Chinese Sulu being gay-lifted for a 30 second scene just for the sake of virtue signaling. Plus that whole lesbian Trill thing in DS9 beat these hacks to it

Assuming they count work place accidents to the genocide, at 4 billion Bajorans, 27 million should have died in 50 years for the labour camps to be as unsafe as the average USA workplace.

In the light of these statistics, Cardassians seem to have significantly lowered the death rate of Bajorians.

Ah but you assume the Bajorans had actual jobs to die in pre-Cardassia.

It was sad to see ST:O go to shit. It's such a perfect universe for an MMO too. Something along the lines of SWG pre-fuckery would have been perfect.

InB4 the lamp shades made from bajoran skin

I thought leftist burgers didn't like imperialism? Or at least say they don't while making some chickenshit excuse as to how imperialism is fine when they do it (unless you're white)

The only redeeming features in the current state of ST:O are the new uniforms (some of the old ones looked even worse than the TNG pajamas due to how insanely overdesigned they were) and the design of some of the Tier 6 ships.

But you have to buy several copies of these fucking things or their outdated predecessors to make full use of them, fuck that shit

That's just rhetoric, was the same thing with the soviet union. You have to engage in some heavy doublethink if you're an actual true believer.

I wish they made the ENT uniforms available in ST:O.

They did. In fact, they gave everything Enterprise related for free at the beginning of the year when they first announced the new Discovery series

Didn't Chipotle bang one of them species 8472 things?

Why didn't they ever make something to protect people from exploding consoles? It would be nice to not have crewmen's faces melted off every time the Captain decides raising shields would send the wrong message.

While they're at it they should also get rid of the smoke generators that flood rooms with white smoke at the worst times.
I think they've proven to be not worth it.

Seems like a sneeze guard would do the job. Or they could just have the helmsmen wear welder's masks.

or just something other than fire pro-tardant spandex.

Maybe letting redshirts get killed off is how the Federation deals with overpopulation.

This is accurate.

Someone needs to stream "One Night In Sickbay" to show ENT at the top of its QUALITY. It's been a long time.

What a fucking cunt.

Socialist governments do not really care about their citizens. The only reason they kind of do in Star Trek is because it is cheap to do so and Starfleet is a quasi military organization and likes to keep morale up. You know, "leave no man behind!".

I think a better question might be: who would you want captaining a ship that you're on?

Picard: Cold and detached, probably would grimace about your untimely death, but that alien had a right to exist - too bad.

Kirk: That alien that killed you would definitely be killed by Kirk, or he would fuck it, or everybody would learn a valuable lesson about the nature of humanity - so revenge is yours?

Janeway: You might be avenged, or you would be forgotten for the price of a few thousand light years, either way, all that you know is that this bipolar crazy bitch was probably the cause of your demise.

Sisko: If you've ever wanted a slightly deranged black dude to mope about his quarters and compose soliloquies about your death, this is your man.

Archer: He will fucking murder that alien, and every alien that alien ever knew - unless there was a really really good reason, and even then, there might be some 'confusion' and the alien might die anyway: vengeance is yours.

and Dax for some reason

Well this is a comfy episode.

He's not a versatile actor as he always speaks the same way regardless of the role he's playing.

That said, he's so well-spoken for a black man that I still like him.

As an aside, Archer was the only truly "bad" (ie not intriguing in the least) Star Trek captain.

Picard's not like that. Yes, he's a staunch believer in the Prime Directive, to a fault. But he won't let anyone harm his crewmembers. In Sins of the Father, when the Klingons suggest Worf must be killed as penance for the treachery of Mogh, Picard stops them and says that if they kill Worf it will be taken as an act of hostility towards The Federation.

It means he's a solid orator. Someone who has something that makes others wish to listen to him speak. Calm down chris.

See: He's a fucking educated man

Are you guys ready to discover that penises are female with the crew of the USS Discovery?

With quotes like that the show is fucked before it even begins.

Here is the crew:
Probably a white captain, but he will be cucked and talked down to
First officer will be gay
Science officer will be a black women
Tactical officer will also be a women or a really buff black guy
I would say an Asian engineer but that would be "a stereotype" so this is a good place for the tranny.
Ships doctor is a women
All straight white males will be doing menial work.

TOS Kirk > Sisko > Archer (Season 3 & 4) > TNG Picard > dogshit > JewJew Kirk > Janeway > Film Picard

I dare you to find a captain that's worse than the Film version of Picard. Protip: You can't

B-But how will I know the anomaly/salt monster/villain of the week is super dangerous if the computer terminals on the bridge don't explode and fill the room with white smoke for some reason?

So if I'm making sense of this word salad, early Federation is going to spread their marxist empire across the quadrant by moaning about how oppressed the mental defects crewing the Discovery are?

Season 1 Picard.

I remember from one of the technical manuals that TNG Warp was on an exponential scale, so TNG Warp 3 was around TOS Warp 9.

Sounds about right.

Picard saved Shut Up Wesley from the death sentence on Orgy Planet, violating the Prime Directive.

Picard can fuck off into a black hole along with 96% of his crew. Geordi, Data, Riker and Worf deserve to life though. They're the only reasons I even watched that crap.

Captain Wesley Crusher of the Federation starship USS Cucked.

Sometimes I wish I was wrong about things but this seemed likely to happen.

I just hope that the series does so fucking poorly, and I have a few ideas on how they can fuck up, and that star trek on TV stays dormant until TV itself dies.

Would Season 1 Picard violate orders and jeopardize a Federation operation all because he got cucked by some technophobic vampire who couldn't swim condemning a quadrant full of 900 billion people to die in a horrible war they were losing which would result in the destruction of the precious Federation and the ideals he practically worships? Would he also risk destroying the most technologically advanced starship in the entire fleet for the third time and sacrifice a good chunk of his crew (including Data) to stop a Thalaron weapon only to end up trying to use those very Thalaron weapons when people finally realize they can't just sit in LaLa land and pretend the Borg aren't a problem in the books?

ffs read a real booknot that garbage

Even though they played up Picard's snatching up Wesley as the P.D. violation, the real violations seemed to occur when Picard contacted a pre-warp society and sent his crew on shore leave on the planet where they undoubtedly gave a lot of end-game spoilers about technology and the universe and stuff. (In spite of looking exactly like humans, the Edo are actually an alien species that inhabited a star system where the Federation wanted to plant a human colony). The next big P.D. violation was when they brought an Edo woman onto the fucking Enterprise and showed her what her God actually looks like from space (although she appeared to already know about that). Extracting Wesley was just the icing on the tip of the Jewberg. I'm not even convinced that the Wesley incident was a P.D. violation, they didn't meddle in internal affairs per se, like prevent the Edo from executing one of their own or provide them with new technology, it was more of a violation of diplomatic protocol in a case of disputed jurisdiction.

muh nigga

When those 50 Klingon battlecruisers decloak outside your window in an attack formation, you'll be wishing for the slightly deranged, mopey guy. Sisko's the only one with kin aboard the station/ vessel, you can bet he'll neither cuck nor do anything foolhardy.

That whole post is grossly incompetent.

Kirk>Sisko>Picard>Archer>Janeway

If you erase movie Picard he moves up to second place.

Kirk actually shows tactical prowess throughout ST:OS.
Probably more due to the limitations of the effects at the time, but I would argue none of the space battles post original series have been anywhere near as good as Balance of Terror.

Sisko is the only captain with balls.
And all of his actions during a fucking space war are totally accurate and correct.
He actually shows that fucking around with the prime directive and sacrificing people's lives has emotional consequences, and he forces himself to live with them.
A lot of his character is explained by the pilot episode.

Picard is great because he is the most like an actual captain.
A few times he was written to eat some humble pie, but for the most part he is absolutely the most quotable captain of Star Trek.

Archer is not last place because janeway exists.
Archer is shit though.
He has a huge ego and he risks his crews lives on a whim all the time.

Janeway lacks any decent traits.
She's emotional, egotistical, short tempered, can't take a suggestion, wins an award for being the only captain who killed a crew member on purpose just to save another whom she liked more.
She fired a torpedo at a crew member who was trying to save a planet because she decided the prime directive mattered that day.
Then when she failed to kill him, she demoted him and put him in prison on the ship for months.
When the replicator was being rationed, she was over using it just to get a coffee fix.
She is continuing with exploring random fucking nebula and corners of unexplored Alien space that has proven to be full of natural disasters and violent painful deaths even though they are stranded and just trying to get home.
She wiped the doctors memory AFTER she supposedly accepted he was sentient, and then did it again twice and still treated him like a tool long after.

Who thinks that the new Star Trek series shouldn't be about the Federation, but the exploits of Kor, Kang and Koloth?

Based on the fact that the ship looks like a Bird of Prey that's been given a Federation paint job, I hope that it's far enough along in the timeline that the Klingon Empire has merged with the Federation, and we get a Klingon captain.

Okay, Holla Forums. Now go back to your containment board.

Don't take the bait kids.

We don't, this goon keeps responding to his own posts because we don't have IDs.

You almost make me want to watch Voyager simply to see the crazy. You make the show actually sound entertaining.

Archer > Sisko because Archer is not a nigger. Why is a space captain nigger 350 years in the future concerned about muh civil rights? It's like anons have strong opinions on the 30 years war in Yurope.

.webm is only ST thing I have.

>>>/idpol/

Yes goy, don't read the Star Trek books. Play Star Trek: Online instead! Just $400 for a lifetime subscription! And some new Tier 6 ships have been released BUY ZEN NOW

Who needs the Terran Empire when you have a woman that can replenish and fabricate antimatter warheads purely with the power of bloodlust

Nobody mentioned STO, and STO being shit doesn't stop Star Trek books from being gutter tier licensed trashbacks.

Just because you wasted your time on them doesn't mean they're good.

I was under the impression it was a result of his hallucinations of the past where he experienced it first hand. That's an in-universe explanation anyway, it was really because Brooks is fucking crazy.

You are aware that people can just read summaries of stories they never read, watched, or played on the Internet right?

Archer is the second best Captain. He saves Earth after space 9/11 and even unites the Xindi in a more positive way. Later, Archer wins the Earth-Romulan War. Picard got captured and spouted some non-sense about numbers. Eh. Archer got laid way more than Picard too.

Well, shit

Picard is Captain of the Starfleet flagship. That alone should help him score. But TNG is all about wearing pajamas and being a sexless liberal, aka a Eunuch.

You're not understanding. He's old. His sex drive would probably be much lower than Archer's. That's why Riker was the designated TNG playboy

Do you think Picard had a casting couch for you aspiring Yeomans who want a chance to get shift on the Bridge?

Jellico. He was competent and efficient, and he fucked over the Cardassians and rescued Picard without needing to kill anyone.

If he's your captain, nobody dies.

He was also short tempered and alienated his crew

If he captained the Enterprise for any longer than he did, they might have mutinied

Yes, but Picard would not have had sex with them. He would instead have them pose naked and try to paint them in a tasteful way while sipping on wine and listening to classical music. Having sex would be too uncivilized of course.

Jellico is the worst sort of Captain. There is demanding and then there is the cargo cult belief that all management has to do is order it to be done or else. Jellico would have been spaced in under a week.

That's why trekkies didn't like him though, he was way too alpha.

watching Archer was a fucking blast, he got more and more unhinged as the series progressed.

by season 3 he was exploding every other episode because of alien shenaningans and other space fuckery.

Its because his naive notions of the galaxy were challenged and the only way to cope was to not be a bitch.

Callous? Cold? Logical? Reasonable?

Should've finished the sentence.

Did Dukat even rule Cardassia for 50 years?

What happen?

I guess they lost the art of making circuit-breakers. Fucking Mechanicus got that down. Federation a shit.

Now watch it sink like a stone.

Let's also remember that Benjamin Sisko would've depopulated every single Maquis world with atmospheric poisons just because they pissed him off.

Bajor was occupied for 50 years. Dukat was in charge of it for a shorter period. He wasn't in charge of Cardassia until much later and I doubt that was for longer than a year, maybe two.