Okay be honest. Was there ever a sitcom that you liked? A complete and total mainstream sitcom...

Okay be honest. Was there ever a sitcom that you liked? A complete and total mainstream sitcom. With laugh tracks and everything. One that lasted more than like 2-3 seasons.

Explain what you liked about it if you want.

I liked the cast for the most part. Liked the time period (not of when it was filmed but the setting). Thought the jokes were alright (I haven't actually watched it since it was still on the air though so maybe I wouldn't like them now) All around it was a pretty decent show though.

Seinfeld doesn't count

Guess I should specify. I liked the earlier seasons way more than the later. Especially the last couple before Eric "moved out".

You know what to do

OP again. Did Roseanne have a laugh track? Maybe I am the only one.. (and it could be animpartiality twards John Goodman since he always plays roles that suit him well) But that was really a great show.

Even just watching the kids grow up was something great..

Frasier then

It most definitely did. I can't think of a single sitcom from that era without one tbh

Frasier is probably my favorite TV show ever

Name a better sitcom? (Protip: You can't)

Family Matters, and i'm white

Good choice OP

I used to like Bad Girls but that may have been because i was young and it had lesbians.

no it was a live audience. in one episode they even went into the audience pretending it was the studio audience for some talk show.

hnnnnnnnngh

For real though. Al is a boss. He married a gold digging whore who is out for nothing but money but he managed to keep his values in-tact.

He may be broke to the point where he sells his blood every now and again but he is real as they make them.

Al Bundy you are a god amongst men!

Reminds me of Archine in a way.

Archie

How I Met Your Mother was pretty entertaining at first. Towards the end it wasn't so great and the final episodes were absolute trash.

If I had to say why I liked it, I guess it's because the characters were pretty likable and the writers were good at bringing back running gags with just enough time in between for them to be funny again.

Spin City, it had some cheap laughs but great characters.

I don't watch a lot of sitcoms, I hate whe they add a laugh track, it's like they don't believe that their script is funny enough.

pretty much this

ah you clapistan peasants and your tunnel view

Frasier would be great without the laugh track but then you would notice all the pauses.

I don't find the laugh track in Frasier too distracting most of the time

not nearly as bad as something like Big Bang Theory

I'd agree that Frasier is an example of a show with an unobtrusive laugh track, but that's mostly because it was paced for lots of little laughs, and never the obnoxious BBT extended sessions of whooping and hollering where the characters just stare at each other awkwardly.

it didn't have a laugh track it was a studio audience

The big bang theory.

I like the references.

It's exactly the same thing. I don't know why people keep making this distinction. At the end of the day it's still just a bunch of people laughing in order to tell you when something's supposed to be funny, regardless of whether it is or not.

I know you're just joking, but I still hate you.

I love Spin City. It doesn't get enough love.

i love lucy
all in the family
spin city
don knotts was pretty funny on andy griffith
and thats it

I don't know if I should really feel this way, but AITF was god-tier. I love how it completely backfired and everyone just loved Archie to the point he became an icon. (((Norman Lear))) got so butthurt, they had to make the last couple seasons completely over the top dramatic and humorless to punish the audience.

Niggers, every single one of you.

Eh, stopped being funny once Phil Hartman's wife shot him

Lovitz has always been funnier than Hartman.

Objectively the greatest sitcom of all time, and one of the greatest comedies of all time. Never gets mentioned because >muh kikefield
TV shows yanks can't wank I suppose

It was good even when Topher left imo, OP, because it had decent writing.

Same thing with Scrubs season 9. It wasn't bad, but it was decent enough to carry on without Zach Braff.

"""""""british comedy"""""""

Is actually funny because everything isn't dumbed down and censored into pediatric, flavorless mush.

Home Improvement was a sitcom wasn't it? I liked that. I expect it's aged poorly but at the time I enjoyed it.

LOL

Give me Friends any day over that cringe-fest. At least Friends wasn't trying desperately to be "with it" and didn't turn into a retard-fest about midway through. Not to mention the fact that the show already feels more dated than Friends, despite being more recent.

HIMYM and TBBT are probably the most disgraceful things that ever aired on television

lurk

a live studio audiences is like a filmed play. laugh tracks are the exact same laugh sound effect played over everything.

there is a difference.

Not really a big difference when it happens at literally every joke though. I am convinced most live audience shows have a little box that tells them when to laugh.

all american shitcoms are utter trash for lower class monkeys

Have you not seen this show?

They do. Big Bang Theory in particular, they tell the audience to laugh and apparently if they don't laugh hard enough, they keep reshooting the scene until they do

So basically, you've ignored everything I've just said to state the obvious

Bravo

Fraiser and Bewitched, nigger.

jew logic at its finest

I got introduced to Father Ted after my mom moved to Ireland. I wasn't expecting it to be that good, but I really enjoyed it. It's mostly all of the little things, like the younger priest sleeping in He-Man sheets.

I'm not.

I mean, yea, It's not like they reference something like discworld or the like, but It's nice to see a show make an attempt at making others appreciate nerdy things.

that show literally killed the guy who played Ted

Well, no. Heart disease killed the guy who played Ted. The show just helped out a bit

come on now. they made him do a strenuous dance scene over and over, and then 48 hours later he's dead of a heart attack

I used to stay up late to watch this when I was in my early teens, it was so exciting and funny to me.
The movies were utter shit, but their stage show was really funny.

Watching this, and seeing Francis marry the hot asian, that's what gave me yellow fever. I regret nothing.

It's still his heart's fault for being a pussy

Quite a few. Off the top of my head, I really enjoyed The Dick Van Dyke Show, Cheers, Mary Tyler Moore, Taxi, Married with Children, Frasier, Andy Griffith, and Fawlty Towers.

I've recently been watching Keeping Up Appearances too. It would be pretty decent if the episodes were just a little bit shorter. They all feel like they go on for a bit too long.

That sounds like hell.

seriosuly?

OP specified with a laugh track. Learn to read

You should watch One foot in the Grave if you like keeping up appearances.

literally Misandry: The Show

All of these.

1990s >>>>>>> 2000s

The first seasons of Friends were also tolerable. Then Joey became mentally retarded and when Chandler moved in with Monica the show became complete shit.

I was a fan of The Drew Carey Show after seeing the April Fool's episode where an entire scene is recreated by on The Sims.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I've also heard that Last of the Summer Wines is pretty good, but I haven't seen it yet.

I didn't get that vibe at all from it. Everyone was portrayed as an idiot from what I remember.

This!
You won't believe it how much people liked it in my country!

Fun fact: I heard the mainstream media hated it in the US since it mocked feminism. Pretty much like nowadays. which mean this show could survive the "current" twisted era. How crazy is that?
A show with balls of steel.

I loved himym as well

There's some aspects of this show that don't click with me (mostly Malcom as a character always being a retard) but I feel like this is possibly one of the most accurate representations of lower-middle-class suburban life. Modern Family and The Middle and all that other shit is just intolerably bad.

No laugh track, but still possibly one of the most clever and well-written shows I've ever watched.

Season 4 wasn't as good as it should have been, though.

I Love Lucy
The Dick Van Dyke Show
The King of Queens

I actually thought it was pretty good, It just became interesting when GOB episodes started coming on. Before that, it was pretty dull, I'll admit, but I liked the format change and can't wait to see how they will conclude this shit.

Donna ruined the show continually.

Every sitcom always has that feminist character, probably because the writers always end up with one SJW fucktard writing for them, so they have them to allow that writer to soapbox and use a character as an outlet to keep them isolated from the rest of the cast.

Like Lisa Simpson. Or Dee Reynolds.

Would you a Dee Reynolds?

Dee Reynolds is the opposite of a feminist character because she's a fucking trainwreck who doesn't believe anything she preaches.

One of the recent episodes I watched had her whoring herself out on a dating website so she could give guys bad ratings, because she thought she was being "empowered"

At the end of the episodes it turned out none of the guys cared about getting bad ratings and they were just showing up for free sex with a shameless skank.

Also, Always Sunny is the best thing FX ever aired.

dunno what you're on about m8, they might make that claim now, but back when it was on everybody watched it, shit was (and still is) fucking hilarious

For a British comedy, I had a good laugh at I'm Alan Partridge. Too bad the movie sucked

Oh yeah, I fucking love Third Rock From The Sun.

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

What country are you from user?

read this in teds voice and havent stopped laughing

………how could the black guy be the daddy if the baby is white?

Or this is about 3 gay guys who adopt a baby?

The first two seasons where ok, coincidentally those phrases are all from those episodes

Except it doesn't, fake "geeks" don't appreciate shit, they go with trends and fads

Tbbt is basically nerdplotation, if they were stereotypical blacks the show would be cancelled because racism

I pretty sure i read it somewhere that how the "media critics" were upset on it's popularity.

Hungary, the place where Bud Spencer & Terence Hill movies are in cult state, and series like Dallas and Married…with Children helped the x and y generation to grow up.

As a result we didn't accept blindly the pol.correct shits…

+1

I enjoyed MASH, Cheers, Frasier, Friends, Seinfeld, That 70s Show, and I now enjoy Two Broke Girls and The Big Bang Theory.

This show was so absurdly ahead of it's time.

It destroyed feminist arguments that people considered bullshit at the time and worship now.

At the same time it was still self aware and portrayed the main character as a hopeless shoe salesman. But he still kept his core set of beliefs and (for the time) conservative values.

please. it was a total ripoff of all in the family, except with copious amounts of sex jokes. it was precisely liberal tv propaganda dressed up as a conservative message

fuck off

I want to fuck Peggy so bad

ITS MY FUCKING SAUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh shit, I don't know how I could possibly forget that one.

Dinosaurs used to freak me out though.

I think you meant to say
go on

Or the chicken woman.

The best part about that is after it switched back to live action you can see the football players shuffling away office behind him.

"office" wasn't supposed to be there.

just wasted 20 min on this shit
it managed to be boring, tedious and annoying along with painfully unfunny

Also characters are completely different from Married With Children

you are full of shit, MwC is probably ripped off of something but not this crappola

Its Leela!

I liked Bazinga before I saw it without the laugh track.

If Sheldon was real he would be a better lolcow then Chris Chan.

They can learn to appreciate it.

Before, being a nerd was a Taboo, now, girls like me because I remind them of Sheldon.

And these are girls you can stand to be around?

See
It's shit.

It's shit.

It's shit.

Coach

the mad is palpable