What Star Trek tv shows and movies are worth watching?

What Star Trek tv shows and movies are worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

heroesandiconstv.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All of them are good except for Enterprise and maybe Voyager.

I don't know I like Voyager, and Enterprise got better eventually.

None, they all suck, they were never good

Beat you all

A few episodes from TOS (mainly Balance of Terror which is literally Das Boot in space). Enterprise, TNG and DS9. Voyager goes in the trash.

Who is this?

My guess was TOS and TNG.

The first star trek movie is worth watching because the main character is FUCKING SPACE IS SCARY AW SHEEEIT

As a general rule I'd say don't watch anything made after Deep Space 9 ended, but then Voyager started around the middle of Deep Space Nine and it's so awful you really shouldn't watch it.

Farscape
Lexx
Red Dwarf
Stargate SG-1

TOS
TNG
DS9
Movies: Generations was the last one worth watching.

Also, Galaxy Quest.

First Contact was yards better than Generations

Just stick to TOS, TAS, TNG and all the movies. The rest is just filler.

The original series is mostly good if you know to expect low-budget, hokey science fiction action. Same applies to the delightful Filmation cartoon series, which features the same cast and most of the same writers as well.

TNG and after that are different shows that attempt a world more grounded in reality. I'd go through a three-episode litmus test, in no particular order:
-"The Measure of a Man", where Captain Picard must make a case to prove the sentience of his android lieutenant commander, Data
-"Who Watches The Watchers", where the crew must recover a surveillance expedition gone wrong while upholding the cardinal rule of Starfleet
-"The Ensigns of Command", where the Enterprise needs to convince a developed society to evacuate their planet given to some isolationist aliens in a treaty.

For the movies, I would watch them in this order: 4-2-6-3-5-1. I was delighted to learn none of them outright suck after years of hearing how awful The Final Frontier was. There's enough good set pieces and Kirk-Spock-McCoy banter to make it passable. The first one is slow and shows how fucked the next one would've been had Roddenberry exercised more creative control.

First Contact and Insurrection are the only TNG films worth a glance. Only see Generations or Nemesis if you've had a bit to drink or are curious about it, but you've been warned, they're both garbage.

Enterprise is better than Voyager and has aged better than all other Treks. Disregard Voyager and Deep Space Nine, unless you want to watch a nigger complain for 7 sevens about shit from 400 years in his past.

Just watch Farscape instead. You will fap better at night too.

Generations is one of the most retarded Sci-Fi movies ever made.

Mah Aryan American. I will add that just as Farscape is a superior version of the same concept that Voyager had, Babylon 5 is DS9 done right.

Great show but you shouldn't binge watch it.
It was pretty cool how it was both comedic but still had a storyline that was legitimately good. I enjoyed it more than I want to admit.
This was hilarious but the last season or so was pretty bad.
Shit.

Okay, let me write a viewing guide for you.
Only watch this if you enjoy golden age science fiction and don't take everything you watch seriously. It's the best series IMO but it can be hard for people to get into it since it requires a different mindset than recent stuff. It's an acquired taste but it still holds up. Great chemistry between the three lead actors. Goes full retard in the last season but that's fun too.
This show has aged like milk and the first season is horrible. There are a couple of episodes here and there spread out throughout the series that are good but most of the time it's just bland and boring. Skip season one and you have an okay time waster if you don't have anything else to watch.
Depending on what appeals to you about Star Trek you might like or dislike this B5 knockoff. It's not bland like TNG and it has some personality and also has a grander plot that goes into geopolitics and war and all that stuff. Taking place mostly on a space station its episodes are less standalone than TNG and TOS which only had connectivity between some episodes. It's a comfy show but some of the characters can get pretty annoying.
This is the only series I think is outright bad, it never gets much better but they do throw in a pair of great tits to distract you from how awful the scripts are. Unlikeable characters, too much emphasis on the technobabble and it completely wastes its premise. Isolating the ship from the utopian federation might have been a good idea since you can get more tension and more conflicts that way but it wasn't used well at all. Same thing with having rebels and people from the federation on the same ship, there should be friction all the time at first but there isn't.
A return to form with a mostly human crew that are the first to start exploring the galaxy. If you tried to watch any of the other series and thought they felt dated then this is the best one for you. Unfortunately there is time travel thrown in pretty early on but other than that it's a great series with both the greater storyline like DS9 had but also the freshness of TOS with new places and aliens being in pretty much every episode.

It's an feature length TOS episode that tried to copy the directing style of 2001. Needless to say it can get boring since the visuals won't awe you anymore but the story is pretty good.
A follow-up to a TOS episode. Many people think it's the best of the bunch. Strong performances, a good script and more action. For maximum enjoyment you should watch the TOS episode first.
Decent film which doesn't stand very well on its own but as a part of the series is quite good.
Star Trek that even normies can enjoy. If you ask me it's the best film but you can't take Star Trek seriously and have to have a tolerance for hippies to enjoy it.
Tries to be profound, succeeds somewhat but stumbles a lot. Star Trek pretending to be kino. It's worth a watch, especially if you thought Voyage Home was too goofy.
It can stand on its own two legs but this is best watched as the finale of the TOS series. Changing times are felt strongly in this and it really feels like the last of an era.

Avoid, it makes the mistake of bringing back the old crew and all sorts of bad decisions were made. Complete mess of a film.
Time travel. Nuff said. If you really liked the TNG borg episodes it can be worth a watch but it retconned them to be much less interesting.
An hypercharged TNG episode that features a really shitty script. It's not worth seeing.
Complete ass. JJ based his shitty reboot on this. Only reason to watch it is to see a young Tom Hardy playing a Picard clone out for revenge.
Don't bother with any of them, just like TFA they are complete garbage.

I think The Motion Picture is worth watching for the cool villian and the hot bald chick.
The one with the whales, where tehy go back to the 1980's (that's the fifth I think) is also very cool.
The search for God has some nice story in it, that's the fourth?
From the New Generation, the one where they meet Zefram Cockrane and the Borg is coming is a must see, I think that's the 8th one.
I like Nemesis too, because Ron Perlman plays a cool monster guy in it and that huge ship is also awesome. And Tom Hardy is a small guy in it.
The new ones are also nice, haven't seen the third installment yet, so dunno about that

Why did this make me laugh uncontrollably?

If anyone has the channel called Heroes & Icons, they're showing every Star Trek series, back to back and in episode order every night. It's some newish channel owned by the people that own, MeTv, doesn't seem to be in a lot of markets, but it's the only channel actually showing anything other than TOS and TNG

heroesandiconstv.com/

You must have waited for a long time to gain an opportunity to laugh on big guys

As much as I like Star Trek, I no longer can stand digital subchannel commercials. Especially since I know some poor old person is actually going to buy those overpriced gold ingots and worthless buffalo coins.

Are you retarded?

None.

All of them except Voyager. If you're a picky little shit you probably won't like TOS and TAS (the latter is really best saved for last if you get deep into shit) but otherwise it's fine.

If you really want to save time skip the following:

S3 of TOS
S1 and maybe S2 of TNG
Again all of VOY
S2 and S3 of ENT (first 4 episodes of S2 are fine)
The Motionless Picture (first film)
Insurrection, Nemesis and the nuTrek films.

Don't tell me you're another one of those contrarian fags who thinks the original movie is actually good?

Actually this user is pretty much spot on. Only thing to add is to skip S3 of ENT at all costs. Fucking 9/11 in space but this time America The Federation wins!

Why are they flying giant sperm?

Great. A lot of dorky episodes whichare wonderful to laugh at, and some decent episodes like the one with Sarek as the Romulan commander.

Seasons one and two are total shit. Some great sci fi episodes and the ship was comfy.

Not actually good, people insist they like it because le grimdark and muh overarching story.

Total shit, it's somewhat cult now because of how bad it is and what a fucking maniac Janeway was.

Just purely awful. An uninteresting time in Star Trek history, with an asshole crew and horrid plots.

Movies:

Original:
2,3,4,5 and 6 were good. 5 gets shit on by fedoras who can't handle any mention of God. The concept of a mad space televangelist convinced he was a messiah is an interesting one.

TNG movies
First Contact is good. The rest is bad.

Reboot
First reboot was fun, Kirk's Dad dying was a great sequence. Into Darkness is the worst Star Trek movie ever, including Nemesis and the first movie. The new movie is not worth caring about.

All the even numbered star trek movies.

none, star trek is nerd shit.

Which fandom is worse? Trekkies or Star Wars?

Anyone who spouts this is a bandwagoning idiot with no real love of Trek.

The correct answer is anyone who uses the word 'fandom'. And Trekkies isn't even the right term faggot.

Trekkies are worse, got it.

Brunnen-G technology was bio-mechanical. They aren't sperm, they are dragonflies.

TNG, assorted episodes (I've never seen a show where it's highs were so high and it's lows were so low).

First Contact was an OK movie.

Yah that's what I got for you.

That's so shit.
I grew up with TNG, Voyager, and DS9, and I still think that TOS is better than any of the later series.
TOS didn't push the commie bullshit in your face as bad as the later series, and it showed the Federation as a bureaucratic mess.

License to haul freight in federation space? WOW

Plus it had this qt in it. Early in the first season, her outfit showed the bottom half of her butt.

1) Rules of Acquisition was hilarious
2) I liked Second Sight

The Classic and DS9, that's it. I'd only recommend Enterprise if you're a nostalgiafag.

Not bad but some episodes need to be minor instead of none.

She was in it for like twelve episodes of the first season. Hardly a selling point

Oh shut up. And TNG aged like milk, nothing comfy about it.

Can't we just agree that they both have their merits?

I highly doubt you're the same nigger. So maybe with you, but I'm of the opinion DS9 shits on TNG.

I like DS9, but I also like the Enterprise and Patrick Stewart, and DS9 only had those in the first episode

Enterprise D was the worst iteration of the Enterprise.
Picard's fine though. Sisko is better tbh famallama.

TNG is comfy as fuck. DS9 is a inferior version of Babylon 5 and as such deserves naught but scorn.

Explain. Enterprise D was the biggest, if I'm not mistaken

Nope. People confuse the most boring with comfy though.
You know the creator took a step back on DS9 ripping off DS9. Also to add to this argument, I think Babylon 5 is better than any Star Trek.
Big ≠ Good. Design was shit.

*DS9 ripping off Babylon 5

I disagree. I like its size and the detachability made for a really cool toy

Fine. I just think Enterprise E was best.

Enterprise E was a puny little ship. Also it made like one good appearance, in First Contact

Fuck off. So was the first Enterprise. And yeah it made one good appearance, but at least it's not fugly.

But that was the little ship that could. What the fuck did Enterprise E do? Provide an opportunity for Patrick Stewart to go full ham over the possibility of its destruction?

What did the D do? Oh yeah it got blown up by a fucking Klingon Warbird WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY passed it's prime.

Only because the Klingons used Geordi to discover its Shield frequency and thus fuck its shields.

At least the D didn't have to ram itself into Tom Hardy to beat him

Even so they should've fucking won. I blame the writers for writing Riker into a dunce for that scene.

Well, it serve a purpose. Demonstrated that Picard couldn't possibly be the same Picard who suffered from Space Alzheimer's like in All Good Things. Also demonstrated that Worf probably won't be assassinated in the future

Only good TNG movie.

Inclined to agree. Although, Cucktino was right when he said Yesterday's Enterprise would've made a good movie.

Both the film and the series are lame as fuck. The portal thing is a neat concept but it's handled in the most boring way possible.

Fuck you, nigger. Balance of Terror is one of the best TOS episodes.

I'm honestly surprised at how little attention Babylon 5 gets these days. I mean Jerry Doyle dies and not a care seems to be given.

Yet TNG will be fondly remembered forever…

We had two threads on him.

B5 is still one of my favorite science fiction series and I always mention it when people ask for recommendations but there isn't a lot left to discuss about it. It's a great watch but doesn't make for good conversation since you either liked it or not and the show was so consistent that you can't really bring up favorite episodes since they're all so interconnected. The last season was kind of crappy though but it was still decent enough.

Here's my top ten science fiction series:
1. LoGH
2. B5
3. Farscape
4. Star Trek TOS
5. Space: Above and Beyond
6. Star Trek Enterprise
7. Lexx
8. Blake's 7
9. Cowboy Bebop
10. Quantum Leap
How pleb am I?

So I tried to get into Babylon 5 and the first season was pretty good, but then it switched the main character for someone else that I just couldn't even feign interest in, tried a few episodes of season 2 but couldn't get into it at all

wat do

not enterprise.

Yeah, it was a bummer about the actor getting brain problems and having to quit. The thing about B5 is that it is a show about the long term so you can't really just jump to the good stuff like you can in a show with contained episodes. It's a slow buildup but season 3 and 4 are amazing. So either try to stick with it or just watch something else.

Come on, he's a good mc!

I liked that he wasn't just a stand in for Sinclair but was a very different character even if he was a replacement.

True

RIP Kurlan naiskos

kys

If I wouldn't have included any animated series it'd be there.

First Contact was garbage that failed both as an action movie and as a Trek movie.

Soap Operas with robots aren't good SF.

Get out animecuck

It's a really great cheesy series to watch though, speaking of the original BSG that is. Not as good as TOS but it's entertaining. Sort of like an low budget mormon Star Wars with robots.

I thought about only listing live action shows but LoGH is so much better than anything else out there I felt like I had to put it on my list. I normally don't watch much anime but I really liked those two shows.

Old BSG is a great show, Bonanza in Space.

NuBSG collapsed under the weight of the self-importance of its writers.

I thought that user meant the remake. I'd agree on the original BSG being good fun.

If he did he would be dead wrong, the remake/reboot was garbage and had none of the charm of the original.

Yeah, he was great. I just wonder what Sinclair's story would be like.

If anything libtards would defend that shit to death since they believed it aged "well".

Good goy

Why doesn't anyone like Voyager?

I didn't hate it. I think the actors had the best IRL chemistry but the writing wasn't very good.

Seven and the Doctor are two of the best Star Trek characters.

And yet you like Generations?

Mostly because the scripts sucked I think. I also didn't like any of the characters.

Because most of the plots are recycled from TNG and TOS.
Because they made a big deal about THE FIRST WOMAN CAPTAIN and she was horribly written.
Because they not only turned the Borg into something too familiar to be scary, but downgraded them to jobbers for the shitty CGI "fluidic space" aliens.
Because they had a great concept (the Odyssey in space) and they squandered it.
Because after Deep Space Nine made Star Trek more grounded and morally gray than ever, they went back to shallow space opera.

Voyager seemed to be Diversity Trek in general. You had a woman Captain, a black Vulcan, a woman Borg, a woman Klingon, a Hispanic First Officer and an Asian Ensign and, with the exception of the woman Borg and maybe the Black Vulcan, they were all absolutely shit characters and the fact that they were 'diverse' made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

I think you mean a proud member of the Rubber Tree people tribe.

She was hot.