Stupid shit you assumed in movies/ misheard lines

Stupid shit you assumed in movies/ misheard lines thread.

I thought Two-Face in Batman Forever fell to his death because he wanted all the quarters.

I thought "The Force" was "The Forest" and that's why Obi-Wan showed up in Endor because he went with "The Forest" when Vader slashed at him.

You should write for batman comics.

MANDELA EFFECT"

I thought the robots at the end of AI were aliens.

Are you telling me they weren't?

This is some of the best shit I've seen on this board in months.

I thought superman literally turned back time by making the earth spin in the other direction.

Wasn't that exactly what happened?

I'm pretty sure he flies so fast he travels back in time. I mean, that makes slightly more sense than the alternative.

You idiot. He didn't fly so fast he traveled back in time. Flying fast - acceleration - makes you fly forward in time. Superman flew backwards so fast he went back in time.

That's what he did. He made the earth rotate backwards, making time go backwards I know, it's as dumb as it sounds

This confused me a bit. He fell because he can't distinguish which one was his?

No its because he wanted all the quarters.
How else was I supposed to interpret the scene?
I guess you can say he put so much stock into luck that he needed the quarter to tell him what to do more than he needed to live.
Also why was batman carrying a bunch of quarters on him, to pay parking meters?

Einstein is already dead, why are you still trying to give him a stroke?

Dr. Meridian says to him, that Two-Face's weakness is his coin, which Batman replies to that he knows it already, and after this, he comes prepared. And if you think a bit about this, he goes in with the coins with the sole purpose of defeating him once and for all. But why now? Because he knows that Robin wants to kill Two-Face, so he prepares this trap, which makes the villian deafeat himself, and Robin's consciousness could find peace without him actually killing anyone

It's okay. Superman was flying backwards.

Truly the deepest lore only a kino like Batman Forever can deliver.

Ive rewatched Watchmen for maybe ~40-50 times and i still cannot fucking figure out why
1) Comedian had a baby with the woman - so he raped her and nobody cared? i thought they were super heroes and let their friend rape another friend? bit odd if you ask me because a few of them could have stopped him since they were strong enough

2) why the younger girl wanted a gang bang with the blue guy? this isnt so much as why but he is all powerful. couldnt he just think of her orgasming and she will orgasm until she cant take anymore? why did he actually have to put in effort? i never understood why she seemed to want him to physically gang bang her when he didnt even need to do all that physical shit

also is it just me or did anyone get incest vibes like the comedian would have easily fucked his own daughter for the laughs?

>>>/tumblr/

I think he had a "relationship" with that Asian girl, because the girl knew his name, and I think he went back to her more than once, while he stayed in Vietnam. I guess it wasn't rape, just a sexual relationship only - maybe the girl was a prostitute even.

I guess women want intimacy, and the effort he put into lovemaking is impressive in the girl's eyes. Also it's something only he can do, split himself and fulfill the girl's dirty dream while in fact, she still has sex with only one partner. Female logic, maybe?
Well, when Sally confronts Eddie when he was only talking to Laurie, Eddie says "what kind of a man you think I am?" - so I guess the answer is no.

He's talking about Silk Spectre, you retard.

When I was a kid I thought he was supposed to be a woman.

I was convinced that Alderaan was Earth for the first year after I saw the original film, and after seeing the prequels I was convinced it was Naboo.

I was 5-8 when I thought this, if you were wondering.

When I was a kid I didn't understand why Dr. Mann went batshit insane all of a sudden.

In that case he is the one who didn't payed any attention, because Sally says that after the raping, she had sex with him out of her own free will, and that's how Laurie got concieved

No, women are crazy and she still wanted a relationship after the whole attempted rape shit.

See 'women are crazy'.

In Back to the Future 3 when they make the jump cut from Marty sitting in the chair in Doc's house to where they blow up the rock to excavate the Delorean I thought that transition was Marty going back in time, then I couldn't understand why he went back in time "again" in the Delorean.

So you only saw the original three years ago?

When I was a kid, I thought Arnie's character was actually a bad guy that had his memory wiped so he could infiltrate the resistance on Mars and kill Kuato, and then embraced his new personality and found ancient alien technology that terraformed Mars so humans could survive on the surface.

I thought Darth Maul's pants fell off at the end of Phantom.

For number 2, wasn't the gangbang all Manhattan's plan? Wasn't laurie extremely suprised when she woke up and found two of him, or am I thinking about the comic?

That's basically Dr. Manhattan in a nutshell

He says "I thought you like this", which means they did it already more than once. And why would he plan that? I think it was Laurie's plan

He thought Sheev and Vader were trying to lure Luke to the Dark Side of the Forest

Funny that you mention that, considering on Dagobah Luke goes to the dark side part of the forest.

No. Comedian tried to rape Silk Spectre I (Sally) and was stopped by the other Minute Men. That wasn't when Laurie (Silk Spectre II) was conceived.

Years later they had a consensual sexual relationship, despite him having tried to rape her in the past. The absurdity of Sally having a consensual relationship with a man who had previously tried to rape her is what reminds Doctor Manhattan of the beauty of humanity, because so much of their behavior defies all logic, ie. If Sally had behaved logically, Laurie the woman he loves would never have been born, so logic isn't the be all and end all.

It wasn't that she specifically wanted a gang bang. She wanted physical and emotional intimacy, but he was growing more and more distant. That's why she's hurt when she finds out part of him was working at the same time as having sex. You might say that she's being controlling, but it's a clear sign his humanity is slipping away, if not already gone.

No, he said clearly that he wouldn't have and just wanted the chance to talk to his daughter.

How the fuck did you watch the film 40-50 times and not understand any of this? I find it hard to believe anyone could see the film twice and not understand it.

Did you fap to his man tits too, you retard?

This

If you were a kid when Interstellar came out, you're still a kid now

I thought the "soiled" condom at the start of Blues Brothers was a balloon.

No. I didn't start fapping to anything until I was 16.

For some reason as a kid I was stuck to the idea that Vader wasn't strangling this guy, instead he was shooting bunch of needles into his throat with pressurized air through a tube going inside his robot arm.

Maybe, but remember that it's a piece of shit film, and Zack Snyder is a talentless hack.

I don't think he can blame Zack Snyder for that.

Jew Face

Thanks to the old WB animated Superman, I thought Lex Luthor was a nigger.

I thought Two Face in Dark Knight died because he fell from the building.

I thought I was the only one.

That is a cool idea

Nigger, what?

You mean that isn't what happened?

It was just an adventure greated by the virtual holiday service.

He's probably implying that the "He was in the dream thing the whole time" interpretation is the correct one.

In Batman Returns, I thought for years that Penguin says, "I played this town like a hawk from hell!" because he likes to imagine himself as a fierce and noble-looking hawk, instead of a fat and flightless penguin.

bump

Two-Face confirmed for Mr. Krabstein.

That's actually pretty neat. I always thought he was sucking the air out of him with the force. Same thing with the guy he tried to force choke on the Death Star.

When I first saw The Enpire Strikes Back as a kid, I thought Vader himself was the "empire," striking back.

Me too. I didn't know what an empire was.

I thought Darth Vader was like the Vice-Emperor as a kid. Imagine my shock when he could actually be ordered around by Grand Moffs and was actually under their authority in the first film. Made him seem more like a guard.

Nigga no

I dont like comics or superhero shit but watchmen is a quality film.

I was watching one movie on tv when I was a kid and for one scene, there was this one actor there who had recently died. I got really confused and asked my mom how he was there but she just told me that even though he died, they could still show his movies. The thing I was confused about was that I believed that whenever I'd watch a movie on tv, the actors would have been acting out the movie live while I watch it and the camera follows them the entire time.

Apparently Spielberg said it was robots from the far future, when humans went extinct after the ice age.

I kind of liked the absurd turn in the ending, not unlike some crazy deus ex machinas in PK Dick. Making it this mundane takes the effect away.

Yeah mang he did, just like they travel back in time in Star Trek IV. And If a Delorean can do it, Superman can too.

I thought his name was Dr. Paveleer

That's really cute

When i was younger i thought when luke chopped off vaders hand, he magically got vaders robot hand. and if he kept cutting him up he would get his arms and legs and stuff

This too. I thought Vader was space Hitler. Turns out he was more like a Gestapo Officer.

Same. Second part didn't occur to me, though.

Not true. If I remember my special relativity correctly, then if you accelerate to the speed of light (which is impossible because it requires an infinite amount of energy), and then accelerate slightly more, you will find yourself in a situation where you're flying backwards almost at the speed of light. After decelerating your new forward in time will be what before was your forward in space. Your new forward in space will be your new forward in time. Now you can move backward in time simply by walking forwards. If you want to return to the old state of things, turn around 180 degrees and fly faster than the speed of light — your perspective of the coordinate system will revert to its previous state.

At least now we finally know who watches the Watchmen

même

When I was a little kid and didn't know how to read yet, I thought that Ghostbusters was called Ghost Bastards, as in being named after those evil bastard ghosts that main crew takes care of.

same.

I thought TV shows were all live and only movies were filmed (and available on tape). To my defence most TV shows still had the "filmed before a live studio audience" and then the laugh track.

Up until I was 7 or 8, I thought that cartoon characters were real people, however for things like giant dinosaurs or monsters, I thought they used animatronics or people in rubber suits, because even I knew those things didn't exist and were just special effects.

Back when I was a kid I didn't really understand that animals could be trained, so I thought all the animals you see on film were just really elaborate robots.

Are you retarded?

Actually hell, is everyone in this thread retarded?