Red Dwarf

Oi what's happenin' dudes?

oy

Alright, Hol?

Guess wot, cmon, guess.

I really loved the book, and the show was a pretty faithful adaptation of it, though I haven't seen all the episodes yet.
Good stuff

The show came before the books, laddums.

Spotted the smeghead.

First comedy featuring a transwoman.

Wat

You're a smmmmmmeeeeg heeeeeaaadddd

i think he's talking about female Lister

What is it?

I've never seen one before. No one has, but I believe it's a white hole.

Yeah but what is it?

'Ow come yer not a tranny anymore, 'Ol?

british """""comedy"""""

Holly isn't supposed to be some parody of surfers he's supposed to be that one retard in every friend group that still manages to be the nicest/most sincere overall.

Male Holly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Female Holly

Though the actress seemed like a nice person.

She was funnier and nicer to look at.

So it's decided then, we'll consult Holly.

KRYTON WHY HAVE YOU NOT BEEN DISMANTLED

What did you all think of the latest seasons? Back to Earth was really bad, but I thought season 10 was alright. It's weird that they're really old, but it was nice to see the old crew back together having adventures. None of the episodes were as good as seasons 1-6 but they weren't terrible either. Interested to see season 11.

I know this is a longshot but is there any version (DVD/Bluray) that you can disable the laugh track? I can't watch anything with that shit its infuriating

I'd far rather be trapped in an elevator with femholly then i would regular holly, but regular holly was a whole lot funnier

All the episodes up to season 7 were filmed in front of an audience so I doubt versions exist without the laugh track. The season 7 dvd had a few episodes where it could be turned off but its far from the greatest season. If you haven't seen the show I really suggest you just deal with it and watch. It's not for everyone but if you like it you'll REALLY like it.

why do they do this shit -_-

Because sometimes a performer can feed off the audiences reaction and adjust their performance to it. Laugh tracks are not bad in and of themselves, it's when they're adjusted in post to be louder than they were to make shitty jokes seem funnier than they were like Big Bazinga Theory

Fuck off faggot

>>>/reddit/

if a joke sucks and gets no response from the audience, writers/actors can get together quickly and create a new one and test it on the audience until they find something that works

thats why filming a 30 minute television show generally takes 3-4 hours

it has its purpose, as much as i hate laugh tracks

I was surprised by Season 10 actually. I wouldn't say it was as good as the golden age but they did some interesting things and going back to the core cast was smart. It's a shame they fell out with Norman Lovett (Holly) but I hear he might come back for 11.

This is the most retarded shit I've ever heard, why dont they just get decent writers instead? South Park isn't filmed in front of an audience and they do fine.

Season 10 was a mixed bag, but it had some legitimately good episodes. I particularly liked the fathers day episode, and the finale.

Some comedians just work better infront of an audience. They tried moving away from that after series 6, and it never felt quite right.