"perfect" films

In your opinion Holla Forums what's an example of a "perfect" film to you?

The original Predator to me is a perfect movie. It really captured the spirit of 80s cinema so effectively. Almost every line in the film is quotable. No scenes feel out of place and it almost feels like you couldn't easily cut any of them out because they're all in service to the plot.

They also captured a snapshot of all of these actors in the prime of their lives. Like Arnold is handsome, muscular, relatively young still and quick witted. Carl Weathers is just coming off being written out of Rocky and delivers a steller memorable performance as Dillon. Jesse Ventura is absolutely great. Etc.

It also has a near flawlessly executed three act structure and nothing is ever slow in the film. The first act being when the team is introduced to the opening of the plot and the big epic gunfight at the start. The second act introducing the Predator to the plot and each member of the team being picked off one by one. And the third act with the ending where Arnie faces the Predator.

Every time I rewatch it I'm just blown away by how good this film is. And how we'll likely never get a goofy action film as good as it ever again. It feels almost like the stars aligned on a relatively stupid idea for a movie and everyone involved with it made it stand way above all of the others that tried a similar idea but failed.

Other urls found in this thread:

empireonline.com/movies/features/history-cgi/
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzK5-Bin6rnNakdNdU9pZlZpSDQ
dai.ly/x240zj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That scene where they blow away the forest will never not make me smile like an idiot.

I confess to rewatching Predator a dozen times, I know what you mean.

I nominate The Dark Knight Rises (/bane/ edit)

best seven minutes in cinema

Les Visiteurs 2 always makes me laugh

The Princess Bride

Alien & The Thing
O Brother Where Art Thou

Master and Commander for me.

Red Dawn

Such a great film.

This scene is just perfect

With down syndrome abbey and penny dreadshit and all the britshit ameriplebs watch you'd think that they'd make a sequel to this.

the first terminator was pretty much perfect
i didn't like the second one as much, mainly because of the kid

are they even weevils

Yeah, Terminator 1 is just a brutally uncompromising action thriller, even if its cgi is now horrifically outdated.

Terminator 2 has too much bullshit disturbing the pacing of the movie, including the whole friendly robot trite. Plus we can see the very beginnings of the diversity slippery slope with the computer genius being cast as a black man for the sake of needing a black man in the film.

But that casting resulted in a fantastic reaction image, user.

get this newfag outta here

you're right

Indeed.

CGI has been around since Westworld in 1973

being this newfag

Kill yourself, newfag.
empireonline.com/movies/features/history-cgi/

Fuck off, Holla Forums

haha, fucking redditriggered nu-pol nu-male

ahahaha

kys newfaggot

I'd sooner listen to them than an illiterate, autistic meme-spouter

Seconding RoboCop and The Matrix, adding Die Hard.

inb4 shit taste

my only problem with it is how fucking long it is. other than that, its great.

Joe Morton makes any reaction image good

Is there anywhere I can stream this online for free

Make way for real kino, you plebs.

Fuck off retard

I can't hear Long Tall Sally without thinking of this movie. That chopper ride in menacing red light where no one is introduced and nothing is explained, just have to piece together their characters from how they each prep for war.

This is the greatest action movie ever made honestly.

plebs
except you and op

Shame it lost out big time to Lord of the Rings.

well ill be durned, didnt remember that

Not one horror fan among you?

The absolute definition of perfection

Funny, I'm watching it right now for the first time. You're right.

It would have to have a stronk female character thrown in, probably as a captain. Black too since it's a cost effective twofer. Since sheboons weren't allowed in the royal navy they'd have to write her in as a pirate, a good pirate though fighting against Caribbean slave traders. This would lead to a crisis of conscience for captain jack who in the end would join forces with….naw, best to leave it alone.

This, pic related close second

Why was I born into this shit-tier postmodernist era of death and decay?

I have not seen the wolf one but I have seen GITS and Akira, I would agree with GITS, but its arguable, but Akira had some weird pacing imo and most people would probably disagree.

I would have to say this movie.

Hellraiser is a wonderful horror movie. I second this.

While I'm probably going to get chewed out for this, this movie never fails to entertain me.

If you were born in any other era there would be no shitposting and tendies for you. Nice double dubs btw.

5 films that will never need to be remade, but Hollywood will remake them anyway.

just another day on Catachan.

Am I a pleb for hating that movie and loving A Few Dollars More?

Actually, I take it back since 40k is one of the last un-pozzed universes yet and I don't want (((Hollywood))) to poz it up too.
Maybe one day they'll make a 40k anime or something like that.

With the power of IMAGINATION lots of movies are bretty-gud 40k movies.

Event Horizon - the "anytime you have to travel anywhere through warp-space" movie.

Predator - the Catachan movie.
Predator 2 - imagine there is no sunlight or greenery and its the Underhive movie.

The Mist - the "your planet has been swallowed up by a warp-storm" movie.

Starship Troopers - the IG vs xenos movie.

Battle: Los Angelos - the IG vs other fukkin-xenos movie.

The Siege of Firebase Gloria - the IG vs fukkin-heretics movie.

This looks somewhat promising as well.

Wat? This movie was shit. Russell Crowe allowed to escape over and over ala Crystal Skull. Not even good for a western.

The merlin miniseries with Sam Neill was better

He escaped once and failed to escape once and wasted an opportunity to escape once to keep stabbing that one asshole

Ive never seen KotCS so I cant compare

wait a second hasnt it been like 40 years since jaws

Good goy

But does it have Richard Wagner doing the soundtrack?

Robocop

Pic related.
The visuals and the music are poetry for the senses. Add to that a heavy load of symbolism from around the world, solid but underrated performances and you get a movie that should literally be used to teach film making.

Yes !

wouldn't change a single frame

*tips in the rain

Nips in the rain

chocolate chips in the rain

There's some quality kino posted in here…

Yet, pic related is missing

killurselfanytimepls.jpeg

Dumbredditnigger.rar

KEK, getting butthurt someone uses the kino meme ironically.

Still a patrician movie

This

Okay I just watched Akira a week or so ago and I didn't get it at all. Anyone mind explaining it or have some screen caps explaining it?

I wouldn't say that any movie is perfect, but the closest one I can think of would be Pan's Labyrinth. I'm sure there's some way it could be made better, but if there is then I've got no idea because I wouldn't change a thing as it is. The movie does everything it sets out to do extremely well and the ending is the best ending of any movie I've ever seen.

FYI that hand-eye monster everyone says is so iconic from Pan's Lubricant was ripped off from a Kamen Rider movie from the 90's.

The excellent visual design of that monster goes a lot further than the fact that it has eyes on its hands. The coloring, fucked up face, wrinkles, oddly proportioned legs, the way it moves, and its audio design are also extremely well done and creative.

Also are you one of those propritarycucks that thinks shit like copyright matters and that works of art should never derive from each other and improve? If so you should absolutely consider suicide, it'd be the only way to redeem the filth you've brought to this world by expressing your shitty opinions.

If a movie is 99.99% a copy of another and that 0.01% is slightly better than the movie it copies, then the copycat movie is better.

Prove it goes further back. It's a stolen Kamen Rider monster design. Your precious Mexishit directores is a hackfraud.

Please go /a/

Did you read a single word of what I wrote or are you an actual retard? At no point did I make that claim or anything resembling it. Please try and read comments before replying to them, I know that reading can be difficult when you're first learning but once you get used to it I'm sure your parents will be very proud of you.

hahaha oh wow

13 Going on 30.
Really, it has everything good in a romcom: rom and com.
Also, I wish I had seen and understood it when I was a brat, it'd have saved me lots of pain. Now it just makes me cry.

hahaha so triggered

No, no it's not. It's really not. I know you want to convince yourself that the pretty movie was good, but that's just you being a faggot. The movie was shit. It didn't make sense, it didn't tell an actual story, and it was produced to send a message using a minigun-armed whore rather than the title character. You're an absolute retard and I want this meme to die. Take your bluray and cram it as far up your ass as possible until you rupture something.

RONIN

not that I know of, sorry.

But, being perfect in spite of, no, rather because of its flaws is the essence of kino.

LOOKS LIKE WE GOTTA HOTHEAD HERE

The Road
not ashamed to admit that shit made me cry

I can't think of any other movie that had this much successful ambition. It's close to three hours long, features over 70 speaking characters and a sprawling experimental score, yet every bit of it feels grounded and real.

The locations are one of the most genius things in Heat, 75 of them had never been used in a film before and many never will be again. The shantytown/chop shop in which Hanna interrogates his informant in the first half of the film, for example, was demolished. LAX will also no longer allow a crew of the size used in Heat to film on and around their runways, and all of these things give Heat a unique aesthetic and texture.

The shootout scene after the bank robbery in the middle of the street, with real guns sound.

1channelmovie [decimal point] com/watch-movies/1995/watch-heat-13480/

Your just gay for pony tail val kilmer

Are you not?

Seems like most of the streams linked on there have poor ratings.

drive.google.com/open?id=0BzK5-Bin6rnNakdNdU9pZlZpSDQ

This is what I used to show it to some friends. Jewgle Drive, so make of that what you will.

I really like Last Action Hero but I'm not entirely sure if it's a perfect movie.

Ronin's pretty cool, yeah. I kind of wish they had done more with Sean Bean's character though.

He didn't die though

underrated movie tbh

It's a good movie if you want to fall asleep from boredom I guess.
The whole movie felt like it was the first 10-20 minutes of a much cooler movie, just painfully stretched out.

The best, tbh

Chainsaw Kino is perfect

I still wish Neil could've escaped.

more horror movies need to have the main character man up and start beating the shit out of the monsters

Amadeus

but that "movie" is disgusting pro-commie pro-SJW propaganda

cultural marxists

how

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I like to stream this movie for /k/ sometimes.

Read the Manga, user. The movie was an adaption of the manga long before its final chapter, and thus the final act feels rushed. Watching it with repeat viewings you pick up on several things you may have missed, but that ending largely remains confusing. The manga essentially continues after the movie's ending, drastically changing in tone.

GATTACA of course.

Why don't you post an actually good movie nstead of babby's first critic darlings?

Tryhard

le edgey teenager is a tasteless plebian of the most riff raff persuasion.

I always felt like the resolution to Predator was a bit weird to be honest. The movie is essentially about comradery for the majority and then suddenly once everyone is dead it becomes a 30 minute vehicle for Arnold at the end. The predator guts everyone else easily, why is Dutch even able to survive hand to hand combat with it?

Akira can never be perfect due to its abrupt and confusing ending.

Might be because of the typical shit rules like for example almost every movie has to have a good ending

Computer Graphical Interface?

Perfect inasmuch as they accomplished what they wanted perfectly.

I like Refn and his style. It's not to everyone's tastes. Drive was a good 80s love letter with a good story about an unwilling hero being pressed to greatness. Only God Forgives did what it wanted to do fantastically, and that was to be a fever nightmare of insecure masculinity and broken men. It's a good sequel to Valhalla Rising, but perfect by its self. Fuck this 20 line limit

I will never switch the channel when Hot Fuzz is on.

The "fantastical" part was boring, the girl was a annoying the whole movie and it had too much "muh ebil falangists".

Pretentious faggot.

the movie*

Computer-generated imagery.

Are you saying Hot Fuzz is shit lad?

AoD is better

lackluster compared to SotD

>>>/a/

Mein Neger

Gladiator

Escape from Alcatraz

I would say Hellbound is the best sequel, but all the Hellraiser movies are fun in their own way.

I would have to say once upon a time in the west, in that it is the only movie ive ever seen that actually warranted a repeat viewing.

and people call Only God Forgives pretentious.

If I had to pick just one, it would be The Hudsucker Proxy, a movie that was panned so hard by critics in initial screenings that WB decided not to even bother with a full wide release.

Best british crime movie, all around fun to watch

It's good but I wouldn't call it perfect.

Homosex trans propaganda.
Marilyn Monroe looked good in it though.
I have no imagination, so someone tell me what Some Like It Hot would be like if it was made in the (((Current Year))).

Come back when you get better taste friend. :^)

Just say CG then–computer graphics.

seconding predator as well.

If you didn't like it, you don't have a soul.

While I'm at it
-Keitel's only truly great film
-Best ensemble movie ever
-Can you believe Perlman can't actually speak French?

Back to the Future.
All three.
Even three.

I just use putlocker if I don't care about the picture quality.

Never saw it since it looks like it was made for little kids and functionally retarded adults.

You mean his greatest performance? The Piano, Smoke, Blue in the Face, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and From Dusk Til Dawn were great. so was Saturn 3 tbh

See The Lion in Winter

Naw

Watched it recently myself. Here's what I got.

Story is about dabbling with too much power and not being a little bitch, by admitting your faults and taking one step at a time instead of burning out trying to "prove oneself".

Why do I keep watching anime if I hate it so much?

I watched it yesterday for the first time. Why do people like this movie? Characters are shallow, most of them are just dicks (it's a prison, I shouldn't expect anything else, really), Snake is just grunting one liners with zero effort, Arnie is much more enjoyable (there's at least a whiff of cheese always present with him), sets look cheap instead of rundown…

Why? What's good about it?

Sucks to be you, it's a great film. Lots of fun. Very underrated.

No, you double nigger. I meant what I wrote.

Jesus, just go jerk off to Battleship Potemkin already you wannabe patrician kino rimjobber.

Snake is the ultimate anti-hero. New York is the ultimate dystopia. The whole movie brims with Sergio Leone tier badassery + there is a literal ticking clock giving everything a sense of urgency. If you're male and don't like it you're either gay, neckbearded or just some fat Star Trek obsessed autist from a state where masculinity is defined by putting on a cheese hat and going to football games.

yeah, I've heard the same sentence about nuGhostbusters
If I wanted to watch manly movies for men, I'd watch any of the following:

Don't forget he was in Taxi Driver too, probably get your hipster license revoked for not thinking that was a great movie

So Kelly's Heroes with Don Rickles, Donald Sutherland and Kojak was a better ensemble than TLIW with O'Toole, Helburn and Anthony Hopkins. Yup, functional retard confirmed. Congrats on being able to spell.

What I'm trying to say is: Escape from New-York is blunt and shallow. Overacting left and right and stupid actions all around as well (Brain and his "squeeze" sitting on top of the trade center and not being overwhelmed immediately, Snake going for the rope instead of shooting Duke in the face while he's down, silencer on the Uzi doing fuck all…).

Yeah, not gonna work m8.

Got some anal chafing there, Gertie?

Plus which it's fun and has tanks in it, making it SCIENTIFICALLY AND MATHEMATICALLY PROVABLE to be 173% better as entertainment.

It's Hepburn by the way, not Helburn. You couldn't be any more of a fucking muppet if you were being violently fisted by Frank Oz.

Along with a few one note character actors is a better ensemble than Lion in Winter. Wew². You probably do most of your movie watching on the bus.

Surprised you've even heard of her since she wasn't on a show from the 1970's aimed at morons.

Pretty sure Kelly's Heroes I'd much better known than Lion in Winter for a reason, that reason being it's actually fun.

If you want to go huff your own farts all alone in some shitty arthouse theatre, that's your business. Just don't expect to have any non-wankers agree with your tryhard patrician self indulgence.

Spoken like a learning impaired 9 year old.

Assuming you like GOT (I'm sure you do, also guessing you have barbecue sauce on your face right now) this makes you quite the hypocrite.

Top Kek. Now that's a good joke.
Unless manly man means getting schooled by some skinhead broad to you. If so carry on then. I'll even recommend you another manly man movie just for you, Identity Thief with Melissa McCarthy!

Calm your tits and ignore what the brainwashed bitches are spouting in fury road and you'll have a gay old time.

Most of my favs are already here.

Just watched this again. Everytime I watch it gets better. pretty much the perfect martial arts movie.

Too bad the sequels suck. But that's normal nowadays

The great thing about Predator is that if you skip the first shot of the spaceship, the early parts of the movie look like just another action movie.

Then suddenly they realize there's something inhuman hunting them in the jungle. I think the film would have been better had they cut out any foreshadowing of the predator at the beginning. It's the only real flaw I can see in the film.

A shame it got butchered on Blu-ray.

One of the greatest films ever made. Sadly overshadowed by The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly in terms of popularity. I wish more people would see it.

yeah, especially with the shitty unrealistic boring fight scenes 😂😁😂

Best film ever made, and actually able to carry its incredible length.

is a much bigger problem.

it got rather boring and dragged on too far for large parts of the movie, plus the final shootout was rather stupid and unrealistic like a 80's schwarzerneger stahlbohne movie

If they called it "Furiosa and sideshow Max" k it might've worked but it's not Mad Max movie just another ruined ip

He is no more than mumbling beast of labor, following main character that actually has some agenda and personality

and let's not forget Matriarchal tribe, the Vuvalini
fucking Vuvalini

just kill yourself

I got so carried away with Hellraiser I forgot about all the great Carpenter joints

I like Ghosts of Mars, fuck you.

Probably the best of its genre.

Great taste anons.

It's a one of a kind. 4/5 of the jokes in this movie wouldn't be allowed today. They say that for movies like Blazing Saddles but the truth is that Blazing Saddles is tame compared to Airplane! If done today, they would definitely keep the interracial jokes, except they wouldn't be jokes.

It's particularly sad since both Blazing Saddles and Airplane! were actually, in part, showing how poor films were at accurately portraying this type of thing. That is of course lost on millennials who just see racism/sexism/tranny-bashing without any depth.

Ip man 2 was better.

Pic related is GOAT. How can you hate super secret japanese baby turncoats led by japanese dominatrix with a sabre? What's more with a schizophrenic pacing and shoe-horned record/romance subplot? It's practically Kino! China strong! Death to the Westerners! Fuck the japs!

Pic related. What's even more impressive is that they ended up with a flawless product in the end despite being plagued with so many problems during filming.

Calm down, jeez.
I thought it was pretty shit narrative at first too, then I rewatched Road Warrior and saw how little Max had to say during the movie. He was thrown around in that movie as well, completing tasks for the Jai alai tribe.
I noticed he had even less screen time in Fury Road and Furiosa had too much screen time for herself considering it's still a Mad Max film, so I agree with you completely on that. But I would argue the same argument as Hacks & Frauds did: the movie is more about the world than the main character.

Maybe I'm doing some mental gymnastics here, but I just liked the fucking movie. I didn't go "FWUARK YEEEARGH!" over brainwashed feminists going "Who killed the world? MEN DID OF COURSE!". No, I creamed myself over the movie long chase scene and the guitar guy from Quake. I know he's designed to be liked, but damnit they did a fine job with him

It's not about the number of lines said by the character. Max just needed one scene in Fury Road to give him some kind of legitimate beef with Joe. In The Road Warrior, the enemy gang kills Max's dog. That's all Fury Road needed. Just one little thing to get the viewer into the mindset of wanting to see Max destory those fuckers.

Yeah I guess you're right.

Did he have a beef with the whole gang or just the gay red mohawk biker and his stock biker patsy? Because I don't recall him being angry at Humongous.

they enslaved him, siphoned his blood off and stole his car. did you even see the movie?

I think it's the score that puts it over the top for me.

Donnie Yen is such an awful tryhard that it's impossible for him to be in a perfect movie.

That all just comes across as more of a minor annoyance to him than anything. He confronts the guy who did it to him, and all he wants is his jacket back.

The car.

I'd also like to say, The Thing From Another World, while not "perfect," is a surprisingly good 50's monster B-movie.

dai.ly/x240zj8

What about the car? He barely seems to give a fuck about it. You wouldn't think it meant anything to him if you hadn't seen the previous movies, and since all canon is up in the air when it comes to the Mad Max series, you can't rely on those for context.

Jesus, you're a fucking idiot. I thought you would have picked up some of my subtle clues by now.

I'm shitposting, you daft cunt. I don't give a shit if you think movie x is better than movie y.

I hate every scene with this guy in particular. There was no actual sound cue for him ever making an appearance. The soundtrack didn't even have a lot of loud electric guitars. He just appeared there to "look"cool but it ended up stupid considering they didn't even bother adding some much needed skins cues like having specific lead guitar lines that play while he's on the scene or something. Why give him an electric guitar and a huge set of speakers if you don't ever feel like he's playing anything. He's just dangling there like an idiot.
Such a waste of potential.

I liked that you could hear him rifting in the far distance, as the band of vehicles drew ever closer, but otherwise he was under utilized.

I just watched the first two. Found out there are 9 fucking films. How far and which ones should I watch? Is there any deeper lore I'd be interested in? (comics?)

dont bother the rest is compete shit

The kid was the most annoying faggot I've seen in a movie

The sequels after Hellbound are b-movie tier, but I'm always entertained by them. Part 8, Hellworld, is probably the worst sequel. Revelation is the newest one, and I thought it was pretty good.

I've read the comics and I have to say the original run from Epic comics is hands-down the most fucked up (in a good way) stuff I've ever seen printed. The newer comics from Boom! are decent but not as crazy as the originals.

Last year Clive Barker also released The Scarlet Gospels, which he says is the ultimate conclusion to the Hellraiser universe. The first two chapters are absolutely brilliant.

thanks

i don't know about perfect films.
but i can tell you that to me the best action movies of all times are the following:

sounds interesting. is it good?

Yeah, it's pretty good. try mixing together SpaceHulk, Hellraiser and 3D glasses and you get Event Horizon.

Lost Battalion
Tora Tora Tora
Iron Giant
Das Boot

will watch, thanks.

God forbid someone might take that lowbrow shekelgrab little-boys-powerfantasy franchise and not treat it with the proper respect it deserves.

Mononoke-Hime

Oh and for the love of God do not get the dubbed version unless you want to listen to Billy Bod Thorton slur his way through his lines as the monk and Scully sound extremely bored and bitchy as the wolf god.

Why did you post a picture of yourself?

Three that haven't been mentioned yet.

my nigga

Point Break is trash, kill yourself.

that's just like your opinion man

I will fucking end you

Decent list until

You went full retard

they could never do this scene again