Why hasn't a working gas-operated fully automatic crossbow like the one in Van Helsing been made yet?

Why hasn't a working gas-operated fully automatic crossbow like the one in Van Helsing been made yet?

Because guns exist.

Whatever happened to this show? Remember seeing billboards for it everywhere and it never came on.

Sage for off topic

Oops forgot to sage. Pic unrelated.

Oops I meant gif

I unironically love this movie.

You unironically should kill yourself.

Because crossbows are for fags and guns a re better.

BACK THE FUCK OFF!?

I forgot about this movie. Gonna watch it again.

When lazer guns get invented, are 1% going to hold a ruthless monopoly on them or will niggers use them to fuck everything totally?

That was Hugh Jackman?!

I want to fuck Kirstie Alley.

Soon as they make a working spy sword.

I never understood what was supposed to be so bad about it. People love The Mummy, but they hate this?

That said, maybe I need to watch it again. I was like twelve when I last saw it.

Van Helsing isn't as good as The Mummy, but it's much better than the ads for it made it seem. They should've made it clear that it was a loving, comic homage to Hammer horror films. Dracula was hilarious in it.

Same here. As a whole, I thought it was pretty enjoyable although I can see where the CGI Wolf-Helsing looks a bit cringy at times.

The only advantage a bow or crossbow have over a gun is that they make less noise. They take longer to reload and travel slower. Silencers make this less of an issue as well (though they don't make guns sound like little pings either.) A gas operated crossbow would be so noisy it would eliminate the one benefit they have over a gun. You may as well be asking "Why don't they make guns I have to load one bullet at a time, and then manually wind up to make fire?" And yes, I'm sure in the past guns were made matching that description.

Neat idea, and I applaud the effort, but that appears to be useless.

More points of failure and the arrival of firearms. Gas operated firearms weren't even a big thing until the 1930s (for most of the world the 1940s is more reasonable) unless we're talking air rifles which did see some limited use in the 1800s but had their issues or rare prototypes.

There are one or two notable exceptions to that rule (De Lisle carbine, for example).

We've had gas operated projectile weapons for a long time, user.

.22 pistols are very quiet too

They are indeed though they're a little less reliable at putting a man down. Generally anything subsonic is going to be fucking quiet.