Preacher

So, is this show any good?

Not very. And it's really bad as an adaptation, which is what it is.

What if I haven't read the comics, will I consider it an enjoyable show?

If you enjoy seeing how SJWs fucked up another good thing, then yeah it's great.

What do you think?

How in the fuck did Rogen get his greasy, hairy, weed oil stained fingers on this anyway? This really isn't in his purview of so called entertainment.

Maybe. I'd probably have more patience with it if I hadn't read the series.

Why the fuck do shows do this, doesn't it lose a lot of consistency this way?

Jesus. What a mess.

shiggy

ISHYGDDT

i like it. it's not a direct adaptation, which is kind of nice since you can't figure out what will happen next, and if it goes down the shitter altogether, it won't stain the comic's greatness (see )

Preacher was never good.

No

not having read the comics will certainly help.

It's gotten worse instead of better and this bitch ruins it for me

but I'm still watching it

He's a rich Jew

No. Making a TV show isn't like making a movie, where the director has, in theory, all the control. With a TV show it's the producers/the showrunner who has the ultimate authority and it's their job to keep things looking consistent. The directors and the writers basically do what the producers tell them.

I downloaded the series so far. In the first episode when she has her scene in the house with the two kids I just shut it off and deleted all of it.

[triggered]

An okay cult comic book turned tv show that was butchered by Dude Weed LMAO Man. Fuck it.

The idiot is considered like an idol of revolutionary ideas or some shit in Hollywood. Fucker ruined Green Hornet and he'll ruin everything else he can get his disgustingly greasy fingers on.

Always Sunny had a different director all the time and the whole four or five first seasons were still solid gold.

dub dubs get

Well, I can tell you straightaway Sheriff's Root's character has been fucking ruined. He's a doting dad soooo concerned about his fuckup son, Arseface, who isn't a screwup he a good boy dindu nuffin and they're just a happy family trying to get by in the world.

And there's nary a martian nigger in sight.

At least GoT/the Walking Dead had the common decency to pretend they were going to stick to the original source material before veering wildly off. I recognize literally *None* of this shit from the comics. The characters are coming off as wildly off-key and most damning of all, shit's starting to get fucking boring. I don't give a hot, steamy shit about Jesse Custer and his goddam parishioners. The original Jesse never did either, but now he's on a mission to save them all when the point of the books was that no one in his church actually gave a shit so neither did he and…

err… wow, I came into this thinking i'd do a one line response and i've fallen into a rant

tl;dr– Ehh, it's a 6 or 7/10 so far, with a few moments that get better. Shit had better pick up soon.

Yeah, that bothers me too.

Tulip is trash. She had a real character arc in the comics. Now? From Mary Sue to worthless whore……..

Might have to Wayward Pines this shitfest if it doesn't get better soon.

Looking forward to the return of the STRAIN though. that's it.

it's pretty shit but jesse and esp. cassidy are hot as fuck so there's that at least

He's a producer. That means he funds the project. Hopefully, in his case, without making any editorial or creative decisions.

its american edgy trash, just like the ugly drawn comics its based on

i wish i had a butthole for a face

I wish the opposite.

Cassidy is literally the only reason I'm watching this show, I loved him in Misfits and I love him now

a mouth for a face? a face for a butthole? a butthole for feet? so many options!

I quite want to watch Lockout based solely on this pic