True detective s3

Is this going to happen or is TD closed?

I'm a huge s2 fan btw

Other urls found in this thread:

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2014/03/ten_extra_seconds_would_have_s.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP is faggot. Nothing to see here.

If Collin Farrell had have died when he got hit by the shotgun and the series was told mostly in flashback and if the Rachel McAdams feminist pandering character was removed it might have been decent.

As it is S2 was a series destroying clusterfuck with a few good scenes hidden in the crap.

No word yet?

Pizza was imo subverting the Dem backlash, Rachel's character admits to enjoying child rape in the end

And gay man dies as a straight guy with a kid on the way, odd way to close an apparent pandering character

But that requires a level if nuance probably beyond the reach of chan mongering manchildren

Season 1 favors please

Season 1 was too Normied imo

Giving writers free rein is the best, s2 was my fav tv

I honestly think pizza was very triggered by the s1 liberal backlash. S2 has a heavy subversive, hidden Redpill character, it explains why those impeccably liberal critics were turned off by it

Season 2 in a nutshell:

Season 2 is literally for normalfags.

And Rust wasn't a shitty one dimensional character? He wasn't a beanbag of inchoate teenage machismo? Pizza wasn't anomalously name dropping philosophers to wow Normie's?

You're a stupidass. If the critics had praised s2, you would be here shilling all the same

Grab bag*

None of the characters were one-dimensional on season 1. They evolved through dialogue, not edgy random scenes of them acting like a hard-ass. That's why I liked it.

I honestly don't even pay attention to the critics. If I were to take a guess, i'd think that they would praise s2 even more, but apparently not…

You can't just shotgun bait out there like that. Just the chan slipped in by itself would have gotten much more salty passive aggressiveness.

Right, Rust wasn't muh dark brooder paired with hick good old boy that saves the case. And that fucking ending with Rust was pathetic

And name dropping philosophers who have nothing to do with the series isn't obvious pandering. And s1 doesn't have jagged edge or "muh violence"

Sure my dude, keep telling yourself that

I'm comparing it to season 2. Season 2 is jam packed with random scenes of characters acting edgy. They are cut and pasted together so randomly that it confuses the audience, on purpose even. You're always guessing how the characters relate to each other and you only find out towards the end. "Mysteries" like this are made for ADHD kiddies who crave nothing more but action. I honestly didn't even know season 2 was over when I watched the finale until I checked IMDB the next week when it didn't come on.

At least season 1 actually did a proper mystery.

rinse and repeat

Wew, stay assmad

Not really, s1 plot was just fodder for rust's shitty, derivative, reddit-tier philosophasting, there was very little plot, and the little there was got shortly reconned in the last 2 episodes

S1 was Normie bait shit with a dash of Reddit pretension

i remember all the threads on Holla Forums jerking off to season 1 and then calling season 2 absolute trash, what the fuck is this reversal? anyway, the show is over because pizza realized he fucked up by making it an anthology and not sticking to rust and woody.

S1 was shit with how it ended with rust going against everything he stood for

incredibly amounts of pandering

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2014/03/ten_extra_seconds_would_have_s.html

sums up how I feel

you sound like a dumb nigger if the only insult that can come to mind is >>>>reddit btw

user, he is a dumb nigger redditfag

he used the word normie, that's how you spot 'em

bait/10

Closed.

/thread

if the trend continues, Season 3 will be worse than anything ever made by man

Yeah he did kind of subvert them, but still, the fact that they were forced in there didn't help the series.

You can tell that had Pizza had control, the main bond would've been between Farrell and Vaughn's characters.

Yeah he did kind of subvert them, but still, the fact that they were forced in there didn't help the series.

You can tell that had Pizza had control, the main bond would've been between Farrell and Vaughn's characters.

It'll only happen if Pizzolatto can find more obscure novels and comics to rip off.

Though I usually found myself agreeing with Rust on principle and in the way he was pragmatic, he was written as a lazy "strawman atheist" or Angry Atheist, and that's a terrible cliche. You can tell because those types always lose their faith when they have something horrible happen to them, usually a child's death. Weird that people still can't write a character who just doesn't give a shit about religion instead of being "angry at God".
Marty was much more interesting. Also S1 showed a woman raping a man, pretty rare on TV.

Amen to that

TLP is too good for this place, he'd get shitposted to death with the "NEUTRAL" meme. Can't have more than 2 points of view.

I thought he was writing a book, did he fuckin die or what

Doxed fled internet

obligatory

Andy Samberg's writers have their bright moments. Season 1 felt like a ridiculously long film. Season 2's initial two or three episodes felt like wannabe edgy television that is drawn out waaayyyy too long so I just quit watching. I think one of the main reasons it's not working is they tried to keep that slow pacing of season 1, but they are telling a story full of action. The scene that definitely killed the show for me was the big shootout early on where tons of cops die and it's shot like a silly action film, but the actors take it seriously (as they should). You can't have a bunch of extra-cops dying in horrific ways and then quickly move on from that. That was a big "it's just a tryhard TV show" moment, and season 1 committed not one such crime. Season 1 dragged at times but it had a nice overall atmosphere to it, it managed to hold its notes. The beginning of season 2 was all over the place like a piece of jazz or one of those annoying "ensemble" films. Fuck season 2, I'm never gonna watch it and I'll be better off just remembering season 1 as a pleasant couple hours of TV history, even if the ending was weak.