Star Wars Rebels has made Grand Admiral Thrawn canon

youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

Star Wars Rebels has made Grand Admiral Thrawn canon.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Admiral
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okay? But what does that mean exactly? Will he show up in Episode VIII?

It's possible he'll show up in the movies at some point.

New canon book too.

They'll probably just use him like they used Vader, if they kill off Thrawn they'll upset the fans and Disney Star Wars is heavy on the pandering.

Okay, he's canon.

But will he be portrayed as the cunning tactician and strategist he was in the Thrawn trilogy and in Star Wars - TIE Fighter?

They brought Zahn aboard as a consultant to help them get the character right, so signs are good.

So does the feminist bitch change her hair color every season ?

What a terrible show, can't wait for the future older millenials having nostalgia crisis over such pieces of sht, hopefully WW3 will happen before.

Why is Prometheus holding his breath?

I'll just wait for the inenvitable moment when Thrawn promotes someone not becaus eof their good and creative work, but because they weren't mean to some new trans trooper.

They've got the 181st as well. Fel canon as well?

reminder that this thrawn will basically be thrawn in name and some characteristics, and nothing else.

no heir to the empire, no salvaging the empire, just a chiss imperial.

The CGI models look so fucking bad. The whole show feels cheap. Did they fire the whole staff when Cartoon Network cancelled SW: The Clone Wars? Are they outsourcing the animation?
The stormtroopers are the only models with enough polygons, high textures and reflection, the rest look like something made of clay like Wallace and Gromit.

It's like poetry

The Clone Wars was funded by Cartoon Network, with George Lucas also contributing quite a bit to the budget out of his own pocket so that they would be able to get some decent visuals on the show. The greedy kikes at Disney aren't giving Rebels anywhere near as big a budget in comparison.

Would.

Most likely this is effort to get actually threatening bad guy in nu-SW, inc thrawn movies and mary rey vs thrawn

What about those separatists droid?

Was the Clone Wars series any good? If Disney cancelled it then it must have been at least decent since they hate nice things but what did you guys think of it? I'm tempted to check it out.

Its first season was lousy but it got much better over time. The tragedy was when Disney took over the Star Wars they canceled the final season. Even though it already finished and only required minor detail work. They decided it would conflict with their new agenda for the franchise so they canceled it anyways. So fuck Disney and the Kikes that run it.

sheev i…

what did he mean by this

Oh my g-

WAIT WHAT NO NOT LIKE THIS.

If they don't have the original writer on board I don't see how they can do him justice. They'll probably scrap all of his analytical skill because they're too "unrealistic."

Was that season still less completed than the Netflix one?

Scratch the last part. Still cynical about this.

in b4 "actually it's about ethics in galactic domination"

Why would they? Rebels is a shit show with no interesting characters or writing.

Also, pic related.

It actually does get good. Most episodes aren't anything to write home about, but the show manages to deliver consistent quality throughout.

Also, for a cartoon aimed at children it's fucking brutal.

it's not that bad, it's more that it's a mixture of decent with total shit. usually in a "you can skip these episodes" manner, but…

sometimes they put shit like that in what is otherwise a pretty good episode.

Motherfucking Grand Admiral Thrawn? Damn, I was already enjoying this show a bit now I'm kind of curious.

I thought that was only the 2D show

I watched the first episode of Rebels back when it leaked and thought it was kinda shit, after watching this maybe I'll give it another chance.

It is fucking bad. It tries to ape Firefly but does it badly, the cast is made up of unlikeable shits, nothing interesting ever happens and you can tell everything is made of a budget.

I could sit through the worst Clone Wars episodes and sit have a modicum of fun, but Rebels just fucking bores the shit out of me.

Hang on aren't Thrawn's eyes suppost to be completely red? In any case the one thing that bothers me about all this is that fact that Thrawn will not change the outcome of the situation: the Rebels win in the end and the galaxy is no different 30-40 years down the line. So there's no tension here. In the Thrawn Trilogy which was set after the movies you could think that everything might not work out in the end and to an extent it does since the galaxy gets fucked over by Vong and later Sith groups.

Thrawn was a significant character that influenced the Empire and by extension the old EU after ROTJ. Whatever his endevours may be in this incarnation, they are insignificant since we know what happens.

Why would a Grand Admiral be called in to tackle this situation? Vader doesn't seem to off-put them so fear is out the window. I would think Armand Isard would be a better fit since he's the head of imperial intelligence. Of course nobody has ever heard of him so Thrawn fits the bill.

At least Zahn is writing the book about him but with Disney who knows what it could turn out to be. Chuck Wendig has his own version of Thrawn and Pelleaon and it's utter shit.

It's this or the literal toy commercial

Rebels every time then.

Here's something to wash away the stench of space Marxism.

I'm dead inside.

They LITERALLY gave her problem hair.

I'm scared to ask, but h-how bad is it?

She's a stupid ass character anyways, but it fits her.
Fucking mandalorian in pink armor is more of a sacrilege than this, blokes in starwars had weird hair colors for a long time, suits the aesthetic.

Now if we could get something that doesn't look like ass in lieu of this cartoonish bullshit i'd be a happy man.

What ever happened to 2D animation? Imagine a SW cartoon that would look like embed related. Fucking appropriate for rebels right?

I'm fucking SOLD

Seems too good to be true.

There is a character called Gallius Rax which is essentially his version of Thrawn who like art and is tatical genius etc. In addition Rae Sloane (a strong independant black woman who gets promoted to Grand Admiral) is basicly Pelleaon as she answers to this Thrawn-like character and is basicly spokesperson of the Empire. Note that the title of GA is something only the Emperor can hand out, not with him dead. Since Aftermath is a trilogy you could easily see this as Disney's version of TTT. It's utter shit from top to bottom and should serve as a highlight to the route SW is going down.

However, since Zahn is in control of his character and Filoni seems respectful of the situation, there is hope. But Disney is Disney so who knows what it'll turn into. You can still get the expanded universe materials anyway and simply ignore the new stuff.

But I thought the Empire is all white men?

Oh, wait, I get it, when it's about portraying a filthy sow in a positive light then it's okay to put her in uniform.

It's sad, we had a fucking great women villain in Ysanne Isard and it made sense that she was so high up in the Empire because of how ruthless she was.

Sabine looks like a French Prostitute now.

That pic pisses me off. Its well established that almost everyone in the Empire is terrified of Darth Vader. Which only solidifies Sheev as an even bigger badass since he's the only one Vader bows to.

Now they have him hunching over like a beta to some STRONG INDEPENDANT BUH-LACK WOMYN NIGGUH.

But goyim, that would make womyn look bad!

They're terrified because he is a mass murdered with a hair trigger temper and anger management issues so massive it results in getting chocked by his will alone.

Dammit, can't unsee it now.

How else do you think she paid for the jetpack? That shit ain't cheap.

How did she make that much money as a whore when she is so fucking ugly?

Why the fuck isn't Maul dead yet?

Next step: make Rogue Squadron canon again (it almost already is since it's basically in a throaway line of Empire).

Turns out Mando fetishism is pretty common in the Star Wars galaxy. Most of her customers wanted her to keep the helmet on the whole time.

He died and came back like a dozen times on the old EU.

vader "bows"/listens to people who have just as much authority as he does, see tarkin

This was my first thought as well.

Also, the author of Aftermath is the faggot who cried that anyone against fag marriage or fag parades is literally the Empire, and is on the wrong side of history, and went on about how the Empire is a warning tale about right-wing radicalism.

I see a bit of a problem with that though, if the Empire is supposed to be literal Nazis, how come they have strong independent black women in senior positions of power?

there was also a gay Imperial officer in Aftermath, and one of those lady admirals is a lesbian.

bump

Sounds like it's copying Firefly quite well, actually.

Well, if they can bring back Thrawn, nothing bringing back and ruining Kyle either.

There is no hope left.

His moustache will endure.

Guilty as charged. I love me some WW2-in-SPESS aces high action.

Though for my defence, Daala is a retarded moron that keeps getting away with stupid shit because plot. Isard is just a classic villain.

This.
Oh so much this, Palpy would have whipped their asses back to the void between galaxies.

you say that like isard didnt have plot armor. though ill be entirely honest, its been probably a decade since i read either series, so i dont really even remember enough of what happened to have an opinion either way on this particular subject.

Yeah, that was fucking retarded.

I die a little inside knowing that this will be canon forever so long the Mouse has its claws on the franchise.

iRebel is going to be great for It Ain't Me supercuts

So forever then.

the Dark Side is the right side of history.

Mara Jade and Talon Karde will probably be next.

Those characters can slot in pretty easily.

They can add Jerec as an Inquisitor but Rogue One is overriding all the Death Star plan stuff.

Rebels is basically officially licenced fan fiction.

Yeah it really feels like they wanted to be the next Firefly. Too bad the whole show is bad. The 3D models, the textures, the animation, the lighting, the music. They re-used a lot of John Williams' themes during the first season, thank God they finally allowed their composer to write original stuff in season 2 (Journey into the Star Cluster was really nice).

Oh yeah, I remember the scene where the Inquisitor executes 2 officers (it's off-screen but you can hear the lightsaber cutting through their neck)

It's…It's ok, the new LOGH is coming next year I think.

I hereby request OC of squidward with thrawn's uniform

He doesn't look like a small guy.

I had photoshop opened in the background. Here, have an oc

Just remember who's in charge.

THE FRENCH?

Kek'd

Wait… People watch this crap?

Like, really?

I have cum.

Little kids

Pretty decent, actually. It gets surprisingly dark for a kid's show as well.

XD

It's Disney for d00ds

So they brought him back just to cash in on nostalgia points from older fans, and now we get to enjoy watching Space Aladdin and the Rebel Teen Diversity Squad foil all his super evil plans and make him look like a complete idiot because he's the season's designated villain.

George couldn't have done it better himself. Why couldn't they just let him rest in peace?

Wait a second, why are there TIE Interceptors?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Okay I've been watching Clone Wars due to you guys and holy shit, it's the real deal. TFA wasn't even close to nailing the feel of the films compared to Clone Wars. It feels like a natural extension of the prequel trilogy but in a good way. I thought it was your usual half assed children's cartoon with the 3DPD and everything but I was so wrong. It looks great. Some of the episodes are truly great. I don't want this to ever end.

Anakin's slow slide to the dark side makes too much sense to fit in with the prequel trilogy tbh

I love all those little decals/posters/signs in TCW/Rebels. they almost make me want to learn to read Aurabesh, but I refuse to have that high of a power level.

The biggest reveal of the trailer nobody is talking about.

Speaking of Ties. Rogue One is continuing the tradition of retarded Tie fighter designs.

Is it going flap those wings?

If this is Fel I'm fucking sold.

Those LucasArts posters hurt

The thumbnail makes it look like it has three wings.

Here have some more shit.

Err don't TIE Fighters already do that?

For what purpose?

I guess this one is supposed to be better for atmospheric flight, or atleast better logistically. But going for air superiority really doesn't make any sense when they can operate from space.

Rebels using those shitty speeders at Hoth has the excuse that they were poorly supplied terrorists, not the galactic empire.

well, if this is a science planet, it kind of makes sense for them to have air patrols that are specialized for atmospheric flight in case a diverse crew of rebels sneak past the other layers of security and defenses.

like all those times Space Aladdin and friends have rekt TIEs in an atmosphere, maybe the Empire realized they needed to step it up. (bonus points if this becomes a plot point on Rebels, perhaps even Thrawn's idea)

You are right, there could be any number of reason to justify these new models for toys. I didn't think it through.

11/10

I really wish I had a picture of a winking JJ Abrams right now.

Why redesign the Imperial Shuttle to look deformed and awkward?

Why make an AT-AT with a red door and proclaim it a new model?

Goddamn, somebody else put it perfectly. Something like TFA (and now this) is well-crafted but utterly without heart.

I still think the show is mediocre and Disney can go fuck itself. But if they don't fuck up or kill of his character then I might hate it less.

This. Another reason to not bother with Disney shit.

I might buy that… if only for the sake of finding some nostalgia and helping to forget the pile of shit that was Aftermath.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Admiral

The Aftermath mary sue negress seems to still be intended as his replacement and thus enforcing that the hand of thrawn still isn't even partially canon with the intention of replacing him with this teenaged pc shit.

Fucking bullshit

Should have fucking died and stayed dead when he feel down the hole.

Wtf tbh

If only the guys behind Rebels were in charge of everything.

Not bad m8.

Fuck that Rogue One shit.

It's typical JJ stuff. It's the same thing as the original but slightly different so people love it even if it's shit.

…and it's cheap to make.

Do you feel in charge?

Basically this. It's nothing but cheap nostalgia bait.

You cucks are embarrassing.

Did we say TFA was good nigga? It's an overhyped piece of shit whose main appeal was nostalgia and was responsible for spawning the worst novel this decade. That doesn't we're not allowed to like a PG cgi cartoon which is run by people who worked for Star Wars long before Disney shits took over.

Fuck.

Yeah I don't get it. The Imperials are ebil (white) spess nazis or are they the affirmative action diversity dream club? These kikes really need to get it together because you can't have this kind of shit both ways and have it make sense at all

Seconded, I wanted another X-Wing or Rogue Squadron game set in the New Republic era with the new craft like the E-Wings

It actually is just a TIE Phantom without the third wing and cloak. Thanks Disney

I don't mind a cargo AT-AT, but why put a red door on it? You might as well paste a "SHOOT THIS PART" sign on it.

IKR? I kept thinking bigass target when I saw it.

I understand that the AT-AT as a military device is suppost to invoke fear in their enemies, but why in fuck would you use that design as a cargo transport? There is no logic for this. They might as well use those giant trucks that were fighting droids on Kashyyyk. Gets stuff from A to B a lot faster than that.

Pic related is you. If you didn't like TFA, but you're still interested in anything Disney is doing with Star Wars, you are a cuck. You have given a brand name and a corporation that owns that brand name power over your life. It's sad.

let me fix that for you

disney star wars is officially licensed fan fiction

At least fan-fiction can be entertaining, something Disney doesn't know how to do.

They could use a variant of the gunships from the prequels, but Disney acts like the prequels never existed.

The only reason I'd see using a cargo AT-AT is for it to scream "BAIT INSIDE HERE! TOTALLY NOT A TRAP GUIZE HONEST!"

I swear they better not kill off this gloriously smug son of a bitch.

The Prequels are coming back in style, when they're considered cool and dank as fuck (which they are) then Disney will start cannibalizing them as well.

They probably won't. They'll let the rebels get one or two things over on him, and then he'll fuck off at the end of the season to go do more important shit.

Yeah, like Tarkin in the first season of SW Rebels.

Things have gotten so bad that the prequels are our last stand of quality Star Wars material.

I hope someone makes some decent HD fan edits of those films at some point. My copy of the Phantom Edit is depressingly low resolution.

How did they kill off the little orange bitch that followed Skywalker around?

By crashing the roof with no survivors!

Why should we care about Thrawn again?

Vader busted her nuts and made the roof come down on her. She was too distracted by his ugly face to give a shit.

This is a poster for some CGI fanfiction, right?

No he didn't. People mix up the couple of non-Infinities comics' short stories as being canon. Whatever happened in those Clone Wars cartoons was the only instance where he came back to life.

Because superbly competent and charismatic Imperial officer.

Sadly no. But look on the bright side, at least Space Aladdin shaved off his Aladdin hair and got paler and tumblr hair seems to have an interest in men at least.

there is some feminazi in team for sure

Literally the only thing I like about Star Wars is the Empire and I have to fight it or watch it get destroyed in everything.

Canceling Imperial Commando was a mistake.

yes very likeable

and they cancelled the misfits clones episodes

2D is hard.

I have feeling that fem pilot will be her lesbian lover or something
gotta push the agenda on kids

Kel Dors are the coolest aliens in SW

proof me wrong

nowadays its all just cgi with 2d makeup anyway

MAH

NIGGA

You spelled "Twi'lek" wrong.

He said coolest, not sexiest.

Come on, what kid wouldn't want to look this awesome?