No Sequal For U

In the United States and Canada, Ghostbusters was projected to gross $35–49 million in its opening weekend, with some projections going as high as $55 million. Studio expectations were more conservative, hovering around the mid-$30 million range.[36] The Hollywood Reporter called the figures "a mediocre start considering the film's $144 million production budget and over $100 spent in promotion and advertisment." One big factor which could hinder Ghosbuster's performance is the animated The Secret Life of Pets which is projected to take the top spot for the second weekend.[37][38] The film opened Friday, June 15 across 3,923 theaters earning $17.2 on its opening day (including $3.4 million it made from Thursday preview screenings).[39][40]

Richard Roeper of the Chicago Sun-Times gave the film one out of four stars, lambasting it for containing "bad acting," as well as "cheesy special effects" and a "terrible script."[46]The Village Voice said the film "suffers from the anxiety of influence" of the original, but praised the actors.[47] Mara Reinstein of US Weekly gave the film 2.5 stars out of 4, commending its actors but writing that "the ladies' most impressive talent, however, is their ability to overcome a lazy script that takes forever to get going", and that the film contained "uninspired action sequences"

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/mrjsd
archive.is/5Ynip
rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/
deadline.com/2016/07/ghostbusters-weekend-box-office-1201787149/
archive.is/m9rwA
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=similar&&view=&id=ghostbusters2016.htm&sort=opengross&order=DESC&p=.htm
archive.is/7jUCV
media.8ch.net/tv/src/1468753635260.png
media.8ch.net/tv/src/1468754303070.png
youtube.com/watch?v=avCMAm_r-Jg&feature=youtu.be
archive.is/5Bap7
8ch.net/log.php?board=tv
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostbusters2016.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obvious failure aside, am I the only one who thinks this big budget shit has gotten out of hand? I mean, call me niave, but shitty little indy horrors go viral and make big cash on modest budgets and good word of mouth.

If they scaled back the scope of these films and simply focused on making them better and smarter, I think the studios would see much bigger returns on their investments. I think they think the way to combat piracy and the reality of their own lukewarm products is by aggressive ad campaigns, and I can't believe with any sincerity that any of that shit works. You ever see the same stupid commercial for the same stupid-looking movie played ad naseum on Hulu or something? Eventually you get so irritated with it you're like "Fuck that movie." out of sheer spite. Or you see the same dumb ass poster in Walmart suggesting you buy a Sam's Club dildo and get free tickets, or you can't escape the merch saturation in every gas station.

There's no way this shit works outside of being an IP giant like Disney. I think the main problem is, the individual on his own really isn't stupid but the people holding the keys to the kingdom always treat him as such. The money always talks, either way.

Pardon me the ancient meme, but I don't think anything else translates the emotion quite this well.

Yes, yes, YES!!! It's all coming down. Let it all crash and burn.

I want this movie to hurt. They're all talentless suits who only know numbers and trends anyway, ("Whelp, that last sci fi picture bombed, guess sci fi is dead, time to move on to werewolf pictures now.") so the next time one of them has a thought about perverting an old classic with their bullshit, let them remember this film.

the budget bloat is intentional in that it allows them to launder more money, get back bigger tax breaks and foster a sort of "standard" they can use to keep out competition and keep any fledgling directors firmly under their thumb.

if everything stayed cheap then it would threaten Hollywood's dominance.

Paul Fag on suicide watch when?

Dude, this is a collossal fuck up. Ghostbusters was a beloved megafranchise just waiting to print money for them. Only they handed it off to some mentally ill person who can't stop thinking about genitals all day. (Not that the suits– especially "Let's sew this dumb deadpool guy's mouth shut, who the fuck is he, he's annoying" Rothman don't deserve their fair share of blame.)

Paul Feig's career has been irreparably tarnished from this film.
The entire cast's reputations have been irreparably tarnished from this film.
The Ghostbuster's name has been irreparably tarnished from this film.

And I, for one, am like two minutes away from whipping my dick out about it.

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

HAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

It's all on Pascal. She was the one that manoeuvred to remove Reitman and chase after Feig. She also approved his diabolical script. Feig will likely be the one to take the fall for m'lady, but make no mistake; this is Pascal's fuck up.

Melissa McCarthy will probably still be going strong.

No, it's those who made this shitty feminist remake who have been irreparably tarnished by this stupid movie that's essentially an unfunny joke and a slap in the face of those who like the original.

I had never heard of Paul Feig before and now I refuse to watch any past or future movie he's involved with. What he did with this feminist GB remake is a worst insult than all the Michael Bay movies combined.

The more massive an object is the more effort it takes to slow it.

>YFW THIS HAD TO MAKE $400-500 MILLION TO BE PROFITABLE

>YFW THIS WILL BE LUCKY IF IT BREAKS EVEN

nah, her shtick is starting to get old even for normalfags

Can we get comparisons on this?

it made about as much money as Kung Pow.

YES
I think its safe party now. Now we wait for the delicious salt to arrive.

I watched his previous films.

Holla Forums will hate me for admitting this, but I didn't hate them. They weren't that funny, but they were amusing at times.

they should not be treated as cinema classics.

Yeah tbh, Bridesmaids was pretty good

Total failure. They tried to pick a time where no other competition was happening, and they still lost to a wekk old kids movie. With new movies popping up soon, ghostbusters will not be able to make much more when it has to fight the big movies. It'll make around 60-80 tops, nowhere near what they need so it'll crash around them.

How? It followed the exact same plot of a standard chick flick with no deviation. The actually funny female cast members had barely any screen time. I don't remember a single genuinely funny joke.

What was good about it? What classic joke will have you in stitches every time you think of it? The guy from Mad Man saying "play with my balls"? Melissa McCarthy driving around in a van full of puppies? Explosive diarrhea when trying on clothes?

5/10 if that was bait.

And we can't have that, can we?

bay films at least don't take themselves seriously and you know it's an action romp from the start

never seen any other paul fag movie, but i did see identity thief, with jason cuckman and melissa mcorbit

she's really not funny at all, she's just a fat little woman

I'm sure she can still get tons of roles in her typecast "lolfatchick" role.

Get out.

who is this guy i see posted all the time? i dont get the joke…

Normally he's a happy merchant, but sometimes he's a distressed merchant if a goyim (slang for "Happy consumer") distrusts him.

I really hated the trailer for "Secret Lives of Pets" because I hate all those dreamworks-style 'wacky' cgi toons, you know the sort, with the sassy black female hippo. Right now though, I'm pretty happy that movie is robbing Cisbusters of even being able to have the spin of "GHOSTBUSTERS OPENS AT #1!"

well thats sad, what do we do to make him happy? like what things are good?

order 66 dubs get

sjw trek will wipe both out next weekend

Even when the movie is quite literally "Toy Story, but with pets and pop culture references instead".

Oh (((you)))

Donating your sheckles (Slang for income) to the new Ghostbusters movie might be a good way to cheer up those merchants.

And voting for Hillary Clinton.

Lods of emone
You know we are all jewish here, maybe you could make us happy? :^)

Waaaaaaaaait a minute. Now I know why this douche kept looking familiar. He played the teacher on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Also, have we started seeing articles saying "Ghostbusters flopping is proof that the patriarchy exists!" yet?

I wouldn't expect those to show up until they admit the movie did poorly.After overwhelming evidence overrides their delusions.

Now

Go back to Holla Forums, retard.

I'm with you there. Honestly, I loved The Hangover. I don't care what anyone here says, that was a blast. Bridesmaids was alright. I didn't see the other Melissa McCarthy movies.

And I have to give him credit for creating Freaks and Geeks, one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

Get a sense of humor

I never thought I'd say this, but thank God for talking animal movies. This film needs to fail and it needs to fail HARD so Hollywood never tries such a shameful, disgusting marketing strategy again. The success of Ghostbusters would literally make the world a worse place.

It would be pretty great if the fagboy actually went through and killed himself. Would make me less sad about Turkey.

MAN, THIS FAG BAR WOULD BE GREAT IF IT WASN'T FOR ALL THE FAGS.

what's it like being such a supreme normalfag

Allow me to explain this to you in words you'd understand, my Social Justice warrior friend.

Moo Moo, moo mooo mooo mooo moo, moo moo moo

This might be halfway credible on Holla Forums because gamergate, but this is just not your hugbox. Sorry.

pollfags like to think that ayy

Yeah, but that's a falling market, you can't go up from that.

These things take time

Spamming this because it's just too good.

Would it have done better in domestic markets if they'd gone with this name originally?

Super Power Dare To Die Team

Well, they certainly did their very best to make their shlock die.

Based China.

Did it work?

This is actually the best Paul Feig opening, and his three last movies all got 230+ millions each.

I know Holla Forums wants this movie to crash but it likely be profitable in a long run, even if by a small margin.

Doesn't matter. Suits all suffer from ADHD and want instant results and blockbusters, and this shitshow was meant to be a massive blockbuster, the maiden ship of a new money printing franchise.

They might, or might not, recuperate the money invested in making the movie proper, but they won't get all the money burned on merchandise and advertising back, let alone all the cash invested in sequels and spin-offs.

It will still kill Feig's career.

It really wont.

This is a perfect example of ideology crashing against financial reality. The bean counters will reach a point where they will stop throwing good money after bad and just cut their losses.

Hollywood only tolerates winners.

Except a lot of movies that had poor openings but did well in a long run got sequels.

There's barey any merchandise and advertising.

It will, tickets are only 40% of a movie total gross.

I expect 280-300m in box office.

There are full sets toys out (which are already on clearance), half a dozen "free ticket" promotions (that no one is using), and the ads were spammed everywhere. That's not even getting into the number of shills they likely paid off in the weeks before they opened. Besides all that, have you seriously not learned that a film of this size and with this much riding on it underperforms, the suits abandon ship like rats? All they pay attention to nowadays is opening weekend box office earnings, and even if the RadFem plants were stubborn enough to force through the planned sequels, it would take years to cajole the resources together and absolutely nobody that worked directly on this turd film in particular will be brought back.

Cult classics, and only after it was shown they had a lot of diehard fans clamoring for something.

This is not a cult classic, nor is anyone asking for more of it.

But there was you stupid cuck. They blasted the tubes and airwaves with the movie, they had toys and shit all shipped and prepared, they had plans for games, sequels, cartoons, the works.

This was a substantial investment for Sony, far more than just the budget for the movie alone.

Wat

archive.is/mrjsd
Ghostbusters has to survive the hate surrounding it and the fact that a week old kids movie is beating it. It has 6 days which is possible before new movies kill it for sure. But with pics you can see in another thread of empty theaters and low turnout means ghostbusters will probably not perform well.

Also they need to make at least 180 million maybe more back because they spent a few extra millions on marketing.

Just "a few"?

How exactly do you figure?

Fury Road, which actually had positive word of mouth and reviews, going for it, failed to make a profit on about the same budget:

archive.is/5Ynip

You seriously think this thing has a snowball's chance in hell of doing any better?

Well hundred million, so actually 240,000,000+ is needed to be made, which is not going to happen at its current rate.

Thank God for that. Not a week of

Don't get your hopes up Feig.

There's plenty of advertising and merchandise. I thought they would be smart and not spend the dosh, but there were dumb and actually went all in on this idiocy. Your dick sucking critical theory movie bombed. Go back to Holla Forums or freech and blow one of your fellow shills off if you feel so bad about it.

feig pls

There's tie-in toys, video games, clothes, books, tons of commercials, Ecto Cooler, , the movie posters which have been re-designed at least four fucking times, and all the promotion at the theaters themselves. For months every time I've gone to a theater in any city I've thought "You poor bastards" every time I saw an employee's back. Every single shirt has Ghostbusters on the back.

Sony went all out, and now they're going to eat it. This was the hill feminism chose to die on. They chose to throw away the last of their credibility defending queef jokes and proton beams to the dick. No one will ever take anyone who defended this protoplasmic turd seriously again.

Dig in and eat all the shit you sprayed everywhere.

From the sounds of it, Sony is desperate for a franchise, ANYTHING they could continue with sequels like they wanted with Spider-Man. Hence all this sequel-hooking and slow drip to any major plot. They thought the public would bite for Ghostbusters since the franchise has performed so well before. Seeing all that hate must have made them scared shitless, even with the "we can't turn back now!" mentality, using all they could to milk the man-hate publicity.

God forbid they actually hired creative and talented people and made something new for a change.

Sounds like a cult to me.

I'm looking forward to the salt and the damage control trying to blame this on the "misogynist dudebros geeks"

The sad part is, the movie wasn't even rejected for the ghosts. The people on the approval board just didn't think that the movie would appeal to a chinese audience.

The Chinese communist party treats feminism as a hostile ideology.

Holla Forums pls go

China never got the other 2 GB movies, so they can't even bank on nostalgia over there.

sorry
, I mean that answer to

One of the few things China does right.

they dont' like fatty women either

I'm honestly surprised that the opening screening was that bad. Any Marvel movie I've seen recently was crowded as hell and a pain to find seats for, but that? Dang.

It reminds me of how Disney wanted to make another Pirates of the Caribbean replacement. Only with this it bombed horribly. I just wonder if this means Sony is going to try to milk 007 for all its worth now to be summer blockbusters.

At most, it'll gross 200 million, or be enough to make its budget back. I don't see it making that much.

look at this faggot . this is why he was bullied in school . for being an annoying homo. and this is why we have shitty ghostbusters because he got bullied. it's an endless cycle.

Oy vey, goyium, it's a cinematic landmark!

STREAM WHEN?

I want to watch/shitpost with you spurgs.

So finally the capeshit fade is about to die? That's good news!

Fembusters doesn't deserve to be watched, even sarcastically

Hopefully the chinks kno nits the same movie. Maybe we should convince sony to spend another 200+mil to change the movie so the chinks can watch it? Then laugh as China bans it and they waste their money.

Did you see Sargon's review of the movie? His review of the actual film was terrible, as it's mostly just him going "It wasn't *that* bad. I laughed a few times." but his section on Feig in the middle made my fucking blood boil.

Feig wrote an article asserting that only women were funny, that men only made penis jokes, and made a ridiculous nonsensical argument. In connection he did a photoshoot with famous female comedy actresses where they're at a bar and he's in a clown suit, and they're annoyed by his pathetic attempts to make him laugh. The footage is just him going woman to woman and going "Aren't women so much funnier than men you guys?"

The Hangover was by Todd Philips not Paul Feig.

These douchebags nail it

Feig is such a damaged individual he will probably see his latest failure as not due to his own incompetence but more bullying at the hands of evil males. If he were a man he'd defeat his imagined foes by making a good movie instead of this barely veiled whimper from the recesses of his diseased mind.

I seriously haven't been to a theater in a decade and this pic makes me want to keep it up.

Because this movie deserves oblivion, damnatio memoriae

Another victim of the no singles policy.

I've never been to a theater by myself. I just saw X-Men 3 and never wanted to go to the movies ever again after that.

Nothing fishy here. :^)

When the faggiest fag in the universe didn't like it, you've fucked up.

Edit it for 200 mil and your check is in the mail
Welp looks like you fags lost again. Face it, women will dominate the movie industry soon and there is nothing you sexist pigs can do.

Wot? You are right, its actually higher:

As you can see it broke expectations and broke records as everyone saw through the male lies and watches it to prove you wrong. There is so many people going, that other movies have to be pulled so ghostbusters can fit the crowds. At this pace we will see 2 billion in less then 2 days. Face it bottom dwellers, we the people who make money, good job fellow sony members people will not stand for sexist drivel. Nope you like ghostbusters 20!

Mine doesn't even show it in the top ten.

They have not shown any ticket sales for ghostbusters on that site yet.

because all those movies have already been out for at least a weekend. Cisbusters won't show till Monday

But if it made 17.2 mil Friday could it do it again on Saturday and Sunday?

I'm kinda worried

next week is star trek

Say it made 17 mil for the next 6 days before it slides away from new movies. Even then it will make about 122 mil total. It can go as high as 30 a day for 6 days and it'll be around 200 mil, which might cover most costs and some marketing.

But remember, this is hollywood. They want a profit and not something that breaks even or makes more then they spent.

And how much did you expect the movie to gross for in the opening weekend?

Was Paul Feig molested by his uncle or something? I don't understand how a "straight" guy can both act so gay and hate men so much at the same time.

Tis not an edit.
rottentomatoes.com/m/ghostbusters_2016/

He is jewish, at the very least his dick was sucked on by some old rabbi when he was born.

FEMINISM WON

top kek.

It's some kind of bug or error, you autist. They won't know how much the movies made until Sunday night.

There's barely any merch or ad

They keep saying this, but they never specify why. There have been all female comedies since the 30s and there have been all female action movies since the 70s, most of which were much better than this one. What the fuck is so landmark and historical about this?

They lowered it to 16.9M. That's almost the same as ID4's 16.8M.
deadline.com/2016/07/ghostbusters-weekend-box-office-1201787149/

So they really did stretch it, huh?

I thought those are for the previous week

How was Angry Birds rated so low? I mean it's shit like any kids movie, but it genuinely made me laugh a few times

All movies are profitable in the long run. If they don't get their money from box office sales they make it back in home video or by licensing broadcast to TV stations. The studios always make back their investment.

But Box Office is all they care about and this film is not going to make the Box Office.

It's being shilled all over the place. There's a fuckton of merchandise, most of it on clearance before the movie even came out because nobody wants this crap.

Disney pays critics to give lower scores for anything they don't make.

Because Holla Forums figured out the meaning behind it

archive.is/m9rwA

"Culture critics" are watching half and fullchan for stories like these.

"Online racists"

This guy sounds /cow/-tier.

But you clearly want it to be YOUR hugbox.

RT ARE JUST SHILLS
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=similar&&view=&id=ghostbusters2016.htm&sort=opengross&order=DESC&p=.htm

Its embarrasing if they had to stretch such low gains to begin with. How much you wanna bet Fieg has a gun and a noose ready for when this failure is set in stone?

I doubt it, he'll just go back to making chickflicks for the rest of his life.

The only thing I can see him doing after this is getting ready for lots of execs at Sony to stomp on him like all the actresses did for a promo pic.

Kung Pow should have made more. It was way ahead of its' time.

They may not even let him do that. Jews don't like idiots that try to jew them first. He angled himself into directing this piece of shit through a Twitter rant if people have forgotten. Pascal is also never going to work in the business again in any meaningful capacity.

I've noticed this in a lot of modern movies, why is that? It seems like they all spend half the movie just setting things up.

I remember this movie.

He was never the same after that.

I chuckled a bit. Poor kid.

thanks user I feel better now

Never apologise for Heston, and never listen to his actual laugh.

The first time they utterly pozzed an existing movie franchise in the name of progress.

Because the first movie is merely the first act of a potential franchise.

A lot of it's the feeling that movies should be serialized like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and that you should construct a big world to pump out movie after movie like a TV show, regardless of an arc or act structure.

Hopefully it will ruin her career too. Who knows, maybe Marvel will reel her back over Ghost Busters or she will inject something so hyperprogressive into Spider-Man that crowds will be rubbed the wrong way, and she will share Whedon's fate.

Doesn't seem very likely. My workplace is full of normalfags, and even they think that Ghostbusters looks atrocious, and that's comming from people who were excited to see WoW movie and think that Michael Bay is one of the best directors ever. I have never heard anyone say something positive about Cisbusters outside of my coworkers either.

Not really

Kek, reminds of a Gene Siskel quote. He called out studios that cherry pick the good parts of a shit review, "I'll say something like, 'whoever made this film should be put in a gas chamber.' and the trailer will say"dot dot dot A Gas." raves Gene Siskel."

Source for that?

JUST

BUSTER

Feels fucking good.

Its just a reaction image ya fag.

Checking that site again, it looks like the numbers are now in.

Note the 24% drop-off in attendance on Sunday, after word of mouth had had time to spread.

Its hard to see the film doing anything but make its money back at this point, especially with how much Sony spent on marketing.

I think it'll be lucky to even make it that far, myself. It'll do well enough in the US for feminists to proclaim victory, and then it will completely fail overseas.

Just how reliable are these websites? Is it possible for a studio to lie about the profits?

All I know is, he said it, or something approximating it, on an episode of their show. You might have to search around for it.

You best believe she will kill Spider-Man too. For the third time

I doubt it'll do even that well. Numbers already dropped 27% from Saturday once word of mouth got around. It had an absolutely nothing opening in the UK and Ireland of something like $3.6m. Now it's got competition. Sony are already desperately trying to change the title and other stuff to get it cleared for showing in China, which at best will fail and at worst will only get them a screening months later, at considerable cost to Sony.

I know that Feminists can use double think and all sorts of other faulty logic to lead themselves to a conclusion but I seriously doubt this movie will make even enough money to be considered a success by them.

Without China? With this much flopping? It'll be lucky if it makes it's budget of 144 back.

He's baiting

Why do people attribute Feig to The Hangover? He didn't direct it.

MY

BIG

GUY

FOR

Ha Ha Ha HA
archive.is/7jUCV

U

Holy shit, the shilling is real.

My working theory is that money doesn't actually matter anymore - the currency is printed, and the federal reserve has given so much to such a small group of people that those people can more or less do whatever they want.

How could people consider this a success? How could people think this did well because ir grossed more than Ted 2?

reality begs to differ

They said the same shit about fan4stic and who was at he head of fox movies that time? rothman. now where is he? sony!

Grasping at straws has never been a more accurate idiom.

Reminder, also not adjusted for inflation.

Estimate is that even considering inflation, GB2016 still cost more production-wise than the last 2 movies combined.

The sheer dishonesty of this description of criticism of the film still stuns me. It's a lot like the dismissal I've seen of the people who voted for Brexit, and their reasons for doing so. Very snide and condescending.

Also watch
media.8ch.net/tv/src/1468753635260.png
and
media.8ch.net/tv/src/1468754303070.png

The thread where is this posted

Is being derailed right now

They probably, subconsciously, conflate 'shit comedy' with 'Paul Feig'

Well, adjusted for inflation the original Ghostbusters cost about $70 million in today's dollars and brought in about $700 million. Ghostbusters 2 cost about $72 million and brought in about $430 million.

This reboot cost twice as much to make and so far hasn't brought in a tenth of what they made

I love how several shitposts from the cripple was enough to turn the userbase into the thing they claimed to hate when they came here.

Take off your nostalgia glasses, it's just a shitty movie about a couple of Jews fighting Ghosts.

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ACHTUNG! ACHTUNG! HOTHEAD HAS ENTERED THE THREAD!

GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE

In the 80's and 90's it was a huge franchise. They were jews, but they were of the Mel Brooks variety. Everyone involved in the original movies was hilarious. The cartoon was extremely popular and considered of pretty high quality for the time, and the Extreme follow-up (which admittedly I've only seen a few episodes of) was apparently surprisingly well-written as well. Also I've heard good things about the IDW comics.

The Ghostbusters game that used the plot they intended to use for Ghostbusters was extremely well-received, and actually what lead to Sony deciding to go forward with this movie. Unfortunately they put it in Pascal's hands, and she hated the property.

Shit was a fucking franchise.

It's their money, go ahead and burn it.

top kek, they're trying to emulate nolan
stupid fools think they can do anything close to the undisputed master of kino when they can't even make a decent flick

Thats pathetic. The people in hollywood are really like living in a bubble, thinking that this would have been a success

What did she hate about it?

It showed men in a positive light.

Great post friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=avCMAm_r-Jg&feature=youtu.be

Kudos. You are seeing through it all.

They got away with it for Fury Road, Star Wars (more subtle) – but the same mindset at work.

Oh fuck it's gone. user knew too much.

I caught it before it disappeared, still on my page. Fucking kikes at work. It's amazing anyone stays here, the mod is clearly (((chosen))).

Leave and never come back

>>>Holla Forums

this board is completely abandoned you autistic polack

Boardlogs or it didn't happen.

Christ on a cracker. I wonder how many of my other shitposts (((Culture Critics))) are tagging on to articles in dead seriousness.

>countless "back to " posts are not deleted
10/10 top hotpocket m8.

>mod

Dyke plz

I'm starting to like those chinks.

Why is Gozer so hot?

see this comment:

"Well, adjusted for inflation the original Ghostbusters cost about $70 million in today's dollars and brought in about $700 million. Ghostbusters 2 cost about $72 million and brought in about $430 million.

This reboot cost twice as much to make and so far hasn't brought in a tenth of what they made"

Gozer is one powerful bitch. The red eyes, 100% white skin and attractive boyish hair are also a part of why Gozer is way too lewd to be a villain. She's like an super hot version of Sheev.

I gotta practice my arm movements.

Bitch is an ancient horror that can take on whatever form you wish for her to use to destroy the world. Think of the endless apocalyptic fetish options…

This is now a Gozer thread.

Gozer is meant to be an androgynous being and I think they originally wanted David Bowie but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

It's great, exactly how everyone predicted.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/freechan/
>>>/suicide/

archive.is/5Bap7

I'm dying to see this trainwreck, but I'm getting impatient waiting for the camrip. I'm seriously considering paying $8.50 for this. Don't make me do that, Holla Forums.

Buy some pudding or whatever it is and get the free ticket from the promotion. Sony has to pay that money back to the theater, right?

Then go and make a camrip for the rest of us. Be the change you want to see, user.

I refuse to belive that there isn't a camrip on emule (and since theaters were empty, I'm sure it wpn't have people coughing, munching popcorn, etc)

Or at least buy a box or oreos or the original ghostbusters bluray for a free ticket

Is this a thing in the US?
Free movie tickets for buying a snack?

Or are they just that desperate to get people in the seats?

See, this is brilliant. When you finish the box, you can do a Melissa McCarthy cosplay at the Ghostbusters opening.

Fucking ell ohh ell. Who falls for this?

If you pay to see gb2016, you're going to the lowest level of Hell.

If Gozer is there I'd love to visit, preferably without having to watch Shitbusters.

wew 2 whole threads huh, really makes you think

poleddit pls

Nobody cares, freech.

whats with the newfag freech meme? seeing it everywhere.

freech aka Holla Forums are a bunch of loser who originally came from some cuckchan archive. Pretty trollable if you ask me. Just google it.

You seem to care tho :^)

Okay newfags, calm you anuses

Your posts are too gay for your own good.

That desperate.

Get out

For sure. Look at shit like Hardcore Henry and It Follows, those were some of the best action and horror movies to come out in the past decade and they were made with tiny budgets as far as hollywood standards go (Hardcore Henry was $2M) and they each easily ended up making 5x their budgets from the box office. The secret strategy is that big name Hollywood actors are useless and way too expensive. You can find actors just as competent straight outta acting school that will work on a fraction of the budget, the only thing you'll miss out on is casualbux from the retards that decide which movies they see based on the actors. I'm sure everyone knows at least one person that has said something like "omg I love George Clooney, I see every movie he's in" despite the fact that he's cast for the same generic character every single time.

According to the latest figures from box office mojo, cisbusters pulled in 4 million monday. At rhis rate, they may make it to 80 million before being ass raped by the new star trek

Is that good or bad for a new opening on a weekday?

the death of "movie stars" is a good thing then no?

Most of his movies aren't even really hits anyway

8ch.net/log.php?board=tv

Movies tend to gain boosts on weekends and fall considerably during weekdays. Though it is hilaruous that Secret Life of Pets may beat Ghostbusters everyday until the next movies come, now that would be embarassing enough.

Well, in fairness it's not like there's much Ireland could have done to save this movie. It has a really small population.
The UK on the other hand is a different story.

*hilarious

Just wanted to confirm that it flopped in Ireland too, just to drive hoe that it hasn't been a success anywhere.

This is normally where the kikes start looking to the chinks to save them, but their glorious government has declared the movie to be witchcraft.

the only thing that can compete with Holywood is the "so bad it's good" genere, and judging by how little they cost to make and how much they earn back i'm still surpriced Jewlywood never tried to pull this off

Look at Kung Fury for example, the guy who did this crowdfunded it and now he has a valuable IP that had a lot of people throwing money at their screens as soon as he anounced a secuel

only when they think it won't do we'll. the studio doesn't get any money for the free ticket. but the hope is you bring a few friends who have to pay for their tickets at the box office.

I'm very dissapointed in you Holla Forums

No shit, I live here and I don't think I've seen a single ad on TV or the radio for it.
There are probably some billboards up in Dublin, but that's the extend of it. The only way anybody here knows about the movie is from the internet or it just being casually mentioned on something like Ireland:AM (a morning talk show).

Go to bed, faggot. It's nearly four in the morning.

Glorious!

I never said I did watch it, that doesn't mean other people don't.
That chocolate pudding isn't going to make itself.

Sweet dreams user. May you dream of Sony's demise in the film industry.

Do you think that, despite the colossal flop,
Will they try to make the sequel just to try to shut up the evil misogynists dudebros and racist harassers of #GlippityGloppity-gloop?

Even if that means losing more money?

I think there will be some posing and saber-rattling to that effect, but like with Fan4stic, nothing will come of it.

Fuck off. I couldn't last 20 minutes.

Cucked again.

No

If you can imagine, even high grossing, successful films like Harry Potter the studios can spin as a loss thanks to Hollywood accounting. So imagine just how much money this piece of shit has lost them when it's a failure even by normal person standards.

They might say shit like 'We're committed to making a sequel' or 'We're committed to building a franchise' but the fact is that, with numbers like this and with the studio basically in jeopardy, there won't be any more Cisbusters films.

Nice Last Action Hero reference

Did anyone here know that Pee Wee Herman almost played Gozer?

India strong
Hail Rajni

That shit sucked, Rajni should just quit already

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostbusters2016.htm

first weekend: 46 million
the next 4 days:

Sony can't weasel out anymore saying it was a big hit.

It would be a miracle if it even made 144 million at this rate.

it will, eventually, but coming even is the same as flopping. Studio and investors need immediate profit results.

I can't wait to see it get destroyed by Star Trek this weekend.

144 million wouldn't even be coming even. That's only their production budget, they probably have close to another 100 million in marketing.

It begins.

honestly, it's what they deserve

I wonder if it will at this point. I can see it making back 170 million worldwide if nothing else.

Is ice age 5 better than finding dory or what?

Distributors and theatres talk a large cut too. That's why the official break even is $400M and the true break even is $500M+.

I'd just like to point out that Lights Out has a budget of $4.9 million. A mere £140 million less than Cisbusters.

Also, I've just noticed that Ghostbusters is still being shown on MORE screens than Star Trek is. No wonder there's so many photos of people sitting in empty cinemas to see it, what a fucking disaster.

I really have to wonder who thought a reboot of a comedy from the 80s would be a prime candidate for a "Cinematic Universe". That's a horrible idea.

Amy Pascal and Tom Rothman.

wew

It made less money than it did on Tuesday.

They don't even get that honor because fucking Star Wars already did that.

Well, having watched the Ghosbusters game that's basically Ghostbusters 3, during the credits, Ray and Egon talk about setting up franchises in LA and Cincinnati. So I'm sure Akroyd is definitely part of it too.

Confirming that in latin america this movie is a non-entity. All I've seen about it was a billboard, and they put a teaser that showed nothing of the movie on cable TV. Certainly it's because they're scared of showing more than that.