I saw it

It was fucking horrible.
No I didn't pay to see it.
The plot is basically everything in the leaked emails and on reddit and on Midnight's Edge.
Only Paul Feig was so ashamed of the dance scene with the army, he moved it to the credits.
None of the jokes worked, there were some chuckles, some smirks and noses of amusement but no one really busted out laughing (Except for the scene where the black chick slaps the ghost out of McCarthy). Even jokes that were meant to be funny were met with silence.
The Ghostbusters were obnoxious, too annoying to be funny, the worst was McKinnon (which uncoincidentally is everyone's favorite character). She had the most fun in it, and I'll give her that she enjoyed the experience of filming but she was incredibly inappropriate in scenes that were meant to be serious character development.

Who was the fucking cunt who thought it was a good idea to turn on the 20 line limit?
Continued:

(there's a scene where Wiig recounts how she a saw a ghost as a little girl and it traumtized her, Leslie Jones played that scene well, looking concern and felt bad for her, the dyke slipped her drunk loudly and did a pretty rude, and sarcastic "wwhhhhaaa?" Completely ruining the emotional impact of the scene and making her look like an asshole.)
McKinnon lacked charm and charisma so instead of being funny, she comes off as weird, obnoxious, and just plain rude.
Leslie Jones is pretty much what you'd expect, she wasn't funny, a lot of her humor comes from yelling and screaming a bunch of street slang and pop culture references.
McCarthy was awkward and it looked like she didn't really want to be there while Wiig played it alright but her jokes didn't hit, she was more annoying than awkward than funny.
Rowan was ridiculous, first off he's introduced immediately along side Jones and they go to the subway, it turns out he's the one making ghosts appear but the actor, admittedly gave a pretty good performance but his delivery was off and he gave off blatant exposition at one scene, explaining he was bullied as a kid and that's his motivation.
The entire film is a mix-match tones, at parts it's overly goofy and the next it tries to build suspense but it only really works because they use loud noises as a replacement for actual atmosphere and tension.
The best parts of the film are Bill Murray's cameo (yes, he is killed off by being thrown out the window by the ghost dragon after Wiig wanted to prove to him that ghosts were real. It was horrible, they killed off the best part of the film and made Wiig's character even more unlikable.) and Ozzy's cameo in the film.
Other than that, the Ghostbusters are cunts, they're unlikable and incompetent. The men in the film ARE cowards, assholes or complete goof balls and idiots and comedy is too awkward and annoying to be funny.
It's shit, and yes, they do touch upon the internet backlash.
They post their ghost sightings on youtube and no one in the comment section believes them and one comment said "Aint no bitches gunna catch ghosts." and one was a troll comment and McCarthy tried to reply in a petty manner until Wiig stopped her.
They do stop the ghost monster logo by shooting him in the dick and Sigourney Weaver's cameo at the end was insulting.
She's inspecting the ghost equipment and notes that if there was so much as a sneeze, it could disintegrate everyone in the building and notices that there's no safety lights on it, to which McKinnon remarks "Ha! Safety lights are for men." To which Weaver replies "Haha! Atta girl!" and they high five.
The Zuul after credits scene is real and Ernie Hudson's cameo ends the movie.
Rick Moranis didn't make a cameo, thank god, and Annie Pots' cameo was neat.
Overall it's exactly what you'd expect it'd be, it's terrible, insulting and an absolute slap in the face to the original.
God help us if this succeeds…
Did I mention there's little to no character development for anyone in the film besides Wiig and Rowan? And Chris Hemsworth was legitimately funny in some scenes though not enough to make me laugh past a chuckle and a smirk.

What was attendance like? Packed?

Only 15 people in the Grand Auditorium, including me and my brother.

I saw the movie too and I can confirm what this guy said. The way they killed Bill was shit considering he was one of the few good things in the movie. The Ozzy cameo took me by surprise though but I loved it too.

Honestly the whole thing felt like one of those Scary Movie comedies minus the violence and exaggerated physical comedy.

Also I know that feel OP.

What was attendance like at yours?

I need to know, does hemsworth apologize for being a man?

18, maybe 20 people there.

From what I recall, no, he doesn't.

Scary Movie 3 is legitimately funnier than any comedy released in the past 5 years simply because it has Leslie Nielson in it.

There's an actual Zuul after credits scene? Good lord.

They really think this is gonna be successful enough to get a sequel, don't they?

The movie should have taken its own advice. You can't claim the moral highground in the meta of the movie while basically blowing raspberries at "da haterz" outside of it.

Well duh. Almost every movie that comes out now that has marketability ends with hints with a sequel no matter how bad it obviously is.

That just seems like a slap in the face

Sure it will! Ghostbusters 2018 will be just as good as The Super Koopa Brothers movie!

Is there really fart, queef and poo humour in this thing?

kek

50 mil easy right sony?

Ah, thanks. Kinda figured, but we are talking about a Feig movie.

For an after credits scene, it was pretty lame. Patty was listening to the audio clips from the ending and she gets everyone's attention and asked "Who the hell is Zuul?"
And I forgot to mention the ending fight. It only consisted of the scene they released a few weeks ago. That's it. It was so cheap and lazy, Rowan makes New York look like the 1970s, New York's "golden age", for no real reason, the kick the ghosts asses pretty quickly, even killing them.
He makes the army do a pose that made it look like the dance scene was going to beginning but it doesn't, again, it's moved to the end.
Slimer hijacked the Ecto-1 and used it to drive around New York with a female Slimer, they close the portal by making him drive into it and they use their proton packs to overload the Nuclear reactor in it, causing it to explode.
The giant Rowan logo ghost stomped around New York for a total of three minutes and is sucked back into the portal but grabbed on to two buildings to which they shot at his dick which made him go in.
He grabbed McCarthy, Wiig jumps in to save her and they have white hair after the come out.
They also gig a 2d animation scene with the logo ghost.

There's a fart joke in the beginning when McCarthy plays back some ghost audio to a skeptical Kristen Wiig. It was a fart noise that "came from the front".
There wasn't really any poo humor or queef humor thankfully.

*begin

*did a 2d animation scene with the logo ghost.
My spelling sucks today, forgive me.

Actually shit, that was the queef humor. It was a queef and fart joke at the same time.

Most of the reviews I see mention the toilet humor in both good and bad lights…

I know who they should call

I generally don't care about toilet humor either way but wasn't their entire schtick "We're doing this so little girls can have heroes too!!"
Are queef jokes big with 10 year old girls?

It was mostly rare, the only mention to shit is when ectoplasm drips on Wiig while they're in the subway (it's a running gag) and Leslie remarks "Oh watch out, some really nasty shit down here."

You don't like queef humour? lol confirmed for being virgins that have never talked to a woman llllloooollllll

Im so sorry, I'll go back to my misogynist cave!

I'm afraid that won't be possible as I have declared this base of operations as my own. We must perform the Kobayashi Maru if you wish to reclaim what was once yours.

I knew Rick would never do it. Dark Helmet is the ultimate shitlord.

Out of my way, Neckbeard.
You don't want to see how angry I can get.

Rick has very high standards and knows a shit movie when he sees it. If he rejects to be a part of it you know you have to stay away.

I scoff at your meager threats wermo scum.

Implying I'd make such baseless threats, I'll have you know I once stole a man's pizza pocket as he was done a 5 day marathon of a playthrough of Persona 4.

I think this has meme potential

Do it

Answer me this, because I feel like it's something that really makes the original such a great movie: How is the characterization?

In the original, the reactions of each character in the actiony or tense scenes are consistent and tell you everything about them.
Venkman covers his fear with a snide quip or a joke.
Ray shows his fear, often stuttering and voicing his concerns.
Egon covers his fear by retreating into science babble
Winston is often stunned and speechless, barely uttering more than a few words, because he's the most normal, least accustomed to weirdness character on the team.

Do we have a pirated copy of this yet?

I wanna watch this shit in a stream with you guys.

I stole my best friend's deck at a Magic the Gathering tournament to ensure he would not oppose me. He never figured it out and to this day I still hold all the cards. Checkmate.

Same here. We gotta do this soon while board traffic is still remotely high.

I wonder if this movie would be good to watch as a group. Pixels was a shit show, but watching it with Holla Forums made it fun because it was so terrible, that there was unintentionally entertaining aspects to it.

With this movie, I just hear that it's bland. A completely generic, soulless, corporately produced piece of forgettable mush.

If it makes me a nigger so be it. I won't let anyone stand in my way on the road to victory.

How manhating is the movie? A common theme I've seen from public reviews is that it's really sexist towards men, which is ironic considering Sony cried sexism since the 1st trailer came out.

The only thing worse than being a nigger is admitting being one.

They play it safe by sticking with the direction given. The only ones who do some characterizing stuff is McKinnon and Hemsworth but McKinnon lacks charm so it ends up being annoying and Hemsworth just acts like a goof.
The rest mostly just stand around, reacting in really bland ways.
The way they react to ghosts is basically just nervous "aw".
As in they just stutter at times but are mostly fascinated. Except for McKinnon, she treats it unseriously. Jones looks stunned and speechless which is consistent. I can say it's consistent to the characters for the most part but that's not much.

continued:
I had no recollection with their performances because it was safe and bland.
They were so unmemorable that I seriously can't remember their character names. Except for Abby and Erin, but I have no clue what McKinnon's and Jones' names are.

SMASH THE PATRIARCHY. REMOVE SAFETY LIGHTS

Our genius of a board owner.

btw, Kristen Wiig in the final fight pulled out a proton-shotgun and said to one of the ghosts "Say hello to my little–"

And he also disabled using the same image in different threads. Did something happen lately?

KINO CONFIRMED

The amount of arrogance knows no bounds. Let's just do away with dead man's grip on lawn mowers aswell, that's just for incompetent men…

Don't they understand things like these exist because stuff happened in the past and their are there in case something is going to happen and avoid accidents?

And don't the Fembusters understand, that insulting the fans of the previous ghostbusters-crew and movies, isn't going to help them?

I wonder how many of you ladies will see it "ironically", "j-just so I can talk shit about it on my soshal media!". My guess is: all of you.

How much of the film was about showing off how "badass" they were?

I'm expecting that to be the film's biggest problem, because it's being made with a pro-feminist agenda the writers will be trying to make the busters seem badass, When the whole fucking appeal of the Ghostbusters was that they were a bunch of bumbling idiots who barely knew what they were doing.

Holla Forums snob shut-ins on social media, yeah, that'll happen. You're out of touch, shill.

Wil Wheaton can't block you if you don't have a twitter account, which means you are misogynistically abusing him right now.

It's definitely there.
Everything you heard is true, they don't outright bash men till the end but they do shit on them without verbally doing it.

SAFETY LIGHTS ARE FOR DUDES=

They don't, this entire film is alienating. I think the only audience Sony is trying to hit with this film are young, stupid millennials and feminists because that's just the extent of the comedy in this film.

Mostly at the end, they do a bunch of "badass" poses and shit which is where the "GIRL POWER" angle comes in. A lot of cringe.

would you liken it to sitcom style sexism where the men are all bumbling idiots or what?

Oh yes, that's what I'd describe it. It's that insulting to men and that much up its own ass.

I crie.

Someone doesn't know what a queef is.

Actually to clarify, the set up was that it was a fart joke, the punch line was the revelation that it was a queef one.

If spastics didn't spam the maisiefag thread then we wouldn't be dealing with his faggot hotpocketing.

wait, so you're saying that they kill bill murray in his cameo?

can anyone confirm the ghost egon cameo?

Wtf does that even mean? It's not insulting, it's just nonsensical.

There is no ghost, but a head bust of Harold Ramis.

He wasn't a ghost, there's no way they could get away with that.
Instead in the beginning of the film, after Kristen Wiig finds out that McCarthy published their old ghost book online, the dean comes in and talk about her political future (I wouldn't be surprised if that role was meant for Ramis.) and as he leaves, there's a bust of Harold Ramis in the hall.

oh, so it's like brody in indy 4, aka a complete waste of time and insult

I don't know, I think it's just meant as a girl power thing.

Pretty much, it'd almost be a blink and you'll miss it moment if they didn't linger on it for a few more seconds.

Pretty much and some paid reviewers even described it as "touching"

someone make a channel at cytube nigga

Most honest review right here.

This shit deserves to be forgotten.

ok

do they not understand how this makes women look retarded, or do they just not care?

Channel Awesome reviewers are even admitting this movie is shit or at least mediocre. But they keep trying to say how the fanboys are the ones making a big deal out of it.

No. I don't remember woman hating nerds making articles about their agenda. It was all the feminists who decided that an Inspector Gadget tier reboot is the hill they want to die on. Their desperate attempt to make this into a cultural phenomenon will go down in history as another Intimidation Game.

Ask the retard board owner.

i don't even get what the joke is with the whole "safety is for men" shit. is that supposed to be a joke? what's the punchline? could you imagine if in man of steel, after superman and the zod squad cause billions of dollars in property damage and probably a few thousand civilian causalities, the movie ends with clark standing on the mangled corpse of a 4 year old child, and he winks and goes "heh, safety is for nerds", cut to credits.

it's just "BOYS ARE FROM JUPITER THEY ARE ALWAYS STUPIDER" gradeschool shit.

i guess i'm overthinking it because its just a stupid movie with stupid movie logic, but seriously, try to think of a single movie scenario where that kind of arrogance makes the protagonist more like able, and makes them look like less of a piece of shit.

Feminists really haven't gone past the Girls rule, Boys drool mindset

It's supposed to be a reversal of "x is for girls" as an insult.

but that's literally never been an insult, it was always an absolute truth.

at least, i know that's how i've always used "x is for girls".

I imagine it's a play on the phrase "x is for girls".

Not that a film featuring a male cast would have the characters say that, unless they were actually children.

No it does get used as an insult.

It's a bit like saying "you throw like a girl".

Top wew

that's an insult? if anything it should be a challenge, or measurement of skill.

i mean, we all know that girls throw worse than guys by default. the sandlot is practically a documentary on that shit.

yeah, most feminist "insults" are i'm rubber you're glue level. The fact that they talk about how much guys cry all the time is a pretty big tell that they don't get much male company so they just project

I didn't know he transitioned.

Exactly. It's just a nasty stain on a good franchise. It's not worthy of best, worst, good, bad, or even neutral. It's just empty. Fuck Sony.

Just a few more months and he'll have a pez dispenser where his dick used to be.

I think the technical term is a poz dispenser.

I actually really liked Scary Movie 3
When the nog pumps the shovel and a shotgun shell flies out always gets me.

p. sure he's a catcher not a pitcher if you know what I mean.

Things always get worse, don't they?

Sanpaku eyes never lie.

As far as I know there isn't one yet.
Also, have this webm for your dubs.

JUST

I'd argue it's insulting to women too, if these blandnesses are THE Female Ghostbusters.

No, is a comparison. You should improve because you're at the level of a girl

Reprise singing birds anyone?

If only we could put the ghostbusters logo on the hood.

I'll give it a go. Wish me luck goys.

Did I mention in this film, they joked the pole in their fire station headquarters a "striper pole"

I've got a question for those who watched the movie.
I remember in the Sony leaks that Paul Feig wanted "ghost aliens" in the movie and a dance sequence. The dance sequence is there (although cut from the movie and used as an end credits sequence).
Did he managed to add the "ghost aliens" shitty idea in the movie too?

Does anyone have the top critics reviews not showing up when you click on it on the Rotten Tomatoes site?

I'm done. What do you filthy homos think?

Poorly made.

Make a better one then fuckface.

Bretty good

nice

They never explicitly mention ghost aliens from what I remember but I think they wanted to because the Dragon Ghost, besides from Mr and Mrs Slimer, is one of the few non-human ghosts in the film, maybe they did it as a passing mention but if they did, I didn't catch it.

Saved

Thanks

Underrated joke. Too bad it's lost on a bunch of NEETs

anyone got a cam recording of this shitty movie?

Give it a day or two, torrents will start popping up.

Sorry dubs, explain the joke please

google OSHA. You will figure it out.

Is a bad film just kino in a way I'm not ready to experience yet?

As long as you're American you should get it

(checked)
Thanks fams

I, being a construction worker, chuckled heartily at the OSHA reference. Jolly good show.

One of the lowest forms of wageslave. Enjoy breaking your back for Porky while being paid a pittance.

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

Off yourself, fam.

So do we have to wait longer or is there data on how bad I fucking hope it did?

Not yet, you'll have to wait till Saturday or Sunday for something, the Box Office results should be posted then.
I don't know how it's going to do here but chances are not so well

which trade?

Little kids in general laugh at poo/fart jokes.

I had to take a OSHA test recently, not everyone here is NEET

are you a little bitch whos taking osha 16, or a real man whos taking osha 32?

Electrician. Worked in a lot of factories and data centers. I had a ten hour OSHA class just to start on a project once. took two days. "Safety lights are for men" indeed because men design and build things and only men put themselves into dangerous situations to get things built. Out of the mouths of babes I guess. Pure absurdity.

Researcher. Forced to take OSHA quiz every year

Anyone with half a brain saw that this movie will suck ass. They saw it from miles away. You don't need to have very high standards for it…

Only a few hours of learning, nothing insane yet. They want to make sure everyone knows basic safety and thats about it.

Time 2 check

ah, good ol' Im Blocking Every Walkway, you guys are cool.

Im a millwright, so youre welcome.

LOL

Imagine the memes if one of them died in a car crash, because womyn can't into safety lights.

Except for Murray, they sued him to be in it.

That thumbnail is scary.

Is that Rich Evans?!

wut

This is pathetic.

Well done, shit lord

The former. Remember, women are adult children in that they think they should reap all the benefits of being competent, "badass" and "cool" with none of the downsides. Just like how modern society gives them all the benefits they always had for being women without any of the traditional downsides.

You throw like a girl is an insult to a boy because girls have inferior strength and coordination. This is meant to invoke a need to measure up in the boy (also a natural thing) and to improve.

The "joke" in question isn't like that.

lol commies.

Remember, we NatSocs respect construction workers and all of the common volk whose work is the backbone of our nation.
t. Holla Forums

I thought communists cared about and valued the proletariat.

It's women trying to imitate joking bravado but it fails because a woman saying that comes off Cunty. Compare;

"Safety is for pussies" - an obvious masculine joke

"Safety is for men" - a politically charged joke followed by an ego stroking high five.

OSHA jokes have been the go-to throwaway reference on the internet for well over a decade faggot. people weren't laughing because it's done to death.

Libruls don't care. You won't find any real commies among the goons, they're strictly pro-establishment.

It's an insult directed at a boy which is incidentally also insulting to girls because it acknowledges said inferiority in strength and coordination. The fact that they actually are inferior in strength and coordination doesn't change this.

The same applies to a "x is for girls" comment, it's an insult directed at a boy which is incidentally also insulting to girls because it implies that being for girls makes it bad. The "joke" is that they've turned that incidental insult around.

I can't believe people are having trouble understanding this, it's obvious what it is they are trying to get at. It doesn't matter though because it's backfired by opening them up to a load of "women are terrible drivers" jokes.

They care about them in the same way a roman might care about one of their slaves.

And typically this is followed by a reckless action resulting in (comedic) injury.

In the case of feminists, it's just they are so badass they don't need safety.

The odd thing is women generally like safety or safeguards, so it's like saying "romance novels are for men" or "hairstyles or for men" it's just illogical nonsense.

The only thing it does is say, "girls rule boys drool!"

The Proletariat is only good if it does what they want.

If the Proletariat doesn't want to eliminate marriage or parenthood, they have been coopted and need leaders to get them on track.

The sad part is that it's just bland and mediocre. if it was colossally terrible, there'd be much more to enjoy. As it is, it just seems another shit forgettable reboot + feminism.

You think it's not gonna be? The second their cow runs dry SJWs just move to another one.

They were exorcising the ghost of the Patriarchy, fam.