"Fuck white people, am I right?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yy7GOO7Y96Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Finally these hacks are reaping what they sow. Also
JUST

I didn't really like the Daily Show when it was under Stewart, but at least I didn't change the channel whenever it was on, unlike this shit.
Him and Wilmore just don't have half the charisma their predecessors did.

All this proves is that these two aren't in the clique. Poor ratings is them reaping what they sow.

Jon Stewart was a deceitful, smug kike but at least he was funny. Even Colbert could be decent sometimes.

How the fuck do people like this no-name nigger and John Oliver still have jobs?

I hope Parker and Stone someday say no to more South Park just to see how fucked Comedy Central gets

Nigger dun stole the funny.

No, he wasn't. Colbert could be funny sometimes, but I can't remember Stewart being it once. All he did was play a clip of someone he disagreed with saying something (often out of context) and then making some smug self-righteous face, perhaps saying something equally annoying. He's essentially the Nostalgia Critic of politics.

Larry Wilmores show is even worse. If you don't believe me, watch this.

youtube.com/watch?v=yy7GOO7Y96Y

I never thought of it that way. It's so true it hurts.

One cycle ends and another begins.

it'll never happen because they thrive off of dumb people. if they actually allowed the parasites to disappear then they'd run out of material.

Honestly who would replace them? Who would want to? Who honestly who enjoys entertaining people would want to be in the entertainment business these days?

Anyone who wants that is after something else, money, fame, power, status, to push whatever narrative they subscribe to. I mean there were always those people around, but it seems like these days, thats all the people that are around.

WHITE PEOPLE!

It's all about ratings and self promotion of the clique.

None of these shows were any good back when they were making (((emmys))) either.

You must really think being a contrarian makes you cool

So depressing hearing Bill Nye debase himself for this horseshit.

what's the too long didn't watch version?

Billy Nye is a fraud. Fuck him.

Basically the white Neil deGrasse Tyson.

But he's right, though. Those shows were never that good or very funny. I think I laughed once at The Daily Show. That's one funny moment in almost 20 years. The only reason they got any attention is because of how frank and heavy-handed they were politically.

No that's Carl 'dude weed lmao xd' Sagan

He's really not.
It was a really funny show if you weren't underage. Except the later years. Pretty much the last several years of the show was shit, and I lost interest.
It seemed to have just lost something, primarily the chemistry of Helms, Colbert, Bee, et al combined. With them and the writing staff it truly was a fucking comedy juggernaut.

The least you could agree with, again if you're not underage, is that it was better than any "late night" dog shit within the last two? decades. Isn't saying much, but yeah.

Craig Kilborn Daily Show was funny. Fuck you if you think Stewart was any kind of improvement. All the humor of his run leaned entirely on his costars.

I'm talking about the show itself, at no point in my post did I mention Stewart. In fact, I said that the show had lost the chemistry of the all of his costars and thus it stopped being funny.
I think of it as one of the usual happy accidents owing itself to chemistry of the writers and the staff, with a small part owing it to Stewart. That doesn't mean it owed everything to him.

Good luck being a contrarian faggot on a board where all anyone wants to talk about is wine commercials and the fire rising.

Entertainers pretending to be science experts?

Both astronomers, actually.
Black science man is pretty much the new Sagan, though worse than him. At least Sagan had some decent books that he had produced. Black science man is a worse version than him.

No, it wasn't. It was always showing a clip out of context, then cutting back to Stewart saying "What's the deal with that?!" while making a funny face, and once in awhile he and one of the other actors would act out some nonsensical comparison to whatever it was they were talking about at the time. It was never clever or witty in any way. Even during the Bush era it was like that. It might have been funny the very first time you see it, but after a week or two it got old.

Nah, I'd say Craig Ferguson was better. Not saying he was that good, but at least he didn't give off the vibe that he enjoyed sniffing his own farts.

Racist Emmy awards much? Why didn't my brother from another mother get the award? I'll tell you why. RACISM! #boycottemmys #emmysowhite

I recall it taking a huge dive after the writer's strike ended, where when it was "a daily show" instead of "the daily show"

Fuck Jews and their propaganda

This was the guy who ran the Daily Show before. This is him at his most honest.

They replaced this motherfucker with some foreign fucker who's not even familiar with the topics he smugly lectures people about. What the fuck would Trevor Noah have done if he was transported back to right after 9/11?

Science guy explains water on Mars and possibly life. Niggers say they don't care.

Neil deGrasse Tyson wants to be the new Carl "space weed lmao" Sagan, but NdGT is way too arrogant.

I don't think Stewart was ever really funny looking back on it now, he just lucked out on the fact that George W was a big dumb goofy fuckface who did hilariously stupid shit all the time. Once Bush was out, it stopped be funny, partially because they never really went after Obama or the left, but also because Bush was pretty much the majority of their material.

Go back to Holla Forums, retard.

Piss off Holla Forums hamplanet.

would Holla Forums and Holla Forums just fuck already? The sexual tension is killing me.

which is retarded when you think about it because the current election cycle is comedy gold and they still managed to lose viewers during it.

Just gas me already.

Probably talk about how muslims were the real victims thanks to the islamophobia and populism 9/11 would spread.

LOL

People are sick of liberals aiming for low hanging fruit. It's the same as when people were tired of Bush. Not that these hosts and writers don't suck.

kek.jpg

Buncha fanatical preachers, who occasionally say "Laugh at them!"

They can rot in bad ratings hell. Or just hell

i was lead to believe this was profound shit. i am dissapointed.

To think the guy who handpicked them just became the new president of Comedy Central

Is there a single good late night show that isn't Conan?

As an oldfag, I can tell you I laughed at his Clinton joke back at the tail end of his presidency before the Bush era changed everything to liberal cuckery.

Even he's a shadow of his former self

Did Penn Jillette ever run Comedy Central? What's his position there?

The one with the Scottish guy was really funny, but then they canceled him when the brought in Propaganda Minster Colbert.

WEW
E
W

Penn was the "voice" of CC for a while, he did their promos and bumps. He quit for a few reasons, including their treatment of MST3K.

Source on that quote? Was he being ironic? Haven't seen the DS in a decade.

This is the left throwing one of their own under the bus. They generally depict themselves in their own propaganda as the pro-science wing of American politics. They weren't ridiculing Nye when he went up against creationists or anthrop. c.c. deniers. But when science doesn't directly pertain to a culture war issue where they're already invested, then they don't bother to hide their total disinterest.

I'd heard the anti-NDGT meme here and halfcuck for a long time. When I finally got around to watching a few episodes of Cosmos and The Inexplicable Universe, I couldn't figure out what's so distasteful about him? He seemed to do a good job breaking down basic astrophysics to a lay audience. I also appreciated that his delivery is normal conversational tone, i.e. he doesn't sperg out and besiege the audience with over-enthusiasm about muh science rocks, he just explains stuff calmly.

Um you mean Goolsbee right? Surely you weren't attributing positive qualities to that gremlin queen?

And replaced him with Drivepool Karaoke

Are saying that because she now has her own show like Current Year?

What the hell is wrong with these people? Do they not realize how insane they sound?

These

So is Comedy Central going to fire these unfunny niggers or cancel the shows entirely so they take the blame for cratering them?

I'll admit that I'm too young to have taken that time period into account.

Embeded video is the reason why.

Why is anyone surprised by this?
Furthermore, why does anyone give half of a shit?

Get of Truth

Maybe you would like this better.

They'll replace them with unfunny ugly women. The sjws were tossing a fit when Noah got the job because they wanted a woman instead.

Not nearly progressive enough. It's gotta be a plus-sized disabled transgender otherkin.

It's funny how Leibowitz is so committed to the image of integrity despite everything he is/was.

…did you watch the segment? His whole point was that he's a comedian. His job is to make jokes, not be a journalist. He's calling out journalists for not doing their jobs.

Who, Jessica Williams (who just left)?

yeah ive seen that one before, i like it.

who simultaneously isn't funny and has had the president on his show. the whole "le don't take me seriously" shtick doesn't cut it.

Bruv, humor is the gateway into hearts. If you're laughing while being spoonfed shit, you'll take it more willingly than if you weren't. People trust a comedian. Him running the bantz isn't him being genuine, it's him securing his base to pass on his narrative.

If people are going to a comedian for truth, that's a sign of much much bigger problems.

Exactly.

huh. i guess limey's really will slobber anyone in a position of authority's knob.

Jesus fucking Christ it's been so long since I've ever seen American solidarity. As pointed out, the response to a 9/11 these years would probably start hashtags like #WeDeserveIt

yeah no fucking shit, that has always been the case with comedians throughout time, and the case he specifically pointed out in the above video on crossfire, that people were holding him, a comedian, to journalistic standards was asinine.
Look, you don't have to agree with his point of views or politics, but applying the same standards to a comedian as you would a member of the press is the most disingenuous thing you can do. The entire point of comedy is to mock people and point of hypocrisy, to show people when the emperor is not wearing clothes. You can shit on Stewart and go full retard with Holla Forums shitposting all day, it doesn't change the fact that Stewart and Colbert were the only honest fuckers on tv for over a decade, regardless of their political affiliations, if you weren't a child during the late 90s and 2000s, you would fucking know this to be true.

Oh boy.

I'm pretty sure the entire point of comedy is to make people laugh, which is something Stewart and Colbert both failed at.

They were never honest. They just never pulled any punches when it came to people they didn't like. Besides, why does it matter to you if they were honest or not? It's just comedy after all :^)

my point exactly, either you were children during the midpoint of his tenure, or you are willfully delusional about the culture and zeitgeist of the time, or you are so far to one side of the spectrum you refuse to see the that even people you disagree with have intelligent insights into things.

still missing the point, nobody seems to remember what things were like back then, you also and others keep repeating this opinion that politics can't be political for some reason despite literally thousands of years showing the opposite to be true. And just because you don't personally laugh, or it offends your politics, doesn't somehow change the fact that others may laugh, I never appreciated the anti-gun or sjw shit, doesn't change the fact that others did find it funny.

Nigger, your liberal kike was never insightful nor did he have integrity. Here's his standup special from 96 where in the middle of it, at 24 minutes, he tries to bait solidarity with blacks just so he can spite white people.

Quit lying you fucking faggot.

Hello Mr. Kettle, Mr. Pot is on line one. He says it's urgent. He wants you to look into the mirror as you spew your bullshit.

You keep going back to this "You had to be there" argument. I'll admit, I didn't start watching the show until around the tail end of the Bush era, but if I had to be there for it to be funny, it means it's bad and dated comedy. That's not to say you can't make could comedy based on the current political climate, but at the same time you can't make it dependent on current events, like The Daily Show did. Did you know that Duck Soup was intended as a pointed attack on Mussolini? But it's still funny, even today, because the Marx Brothers put the actual jokes before the message, so it holds up well. Capturing the feeling of the time does not make it any good. Any toothpaste commercial can do that.

Others find the Bazinga show funny, does that mean it isn't shit?

Colbert is pretty fucking funny, tbh fam.

It's a problem endemic of topical humor.

For a time, Stewart made fun of things everyone could agree on, but over time his sacred cows became the dominant culture and he couldn't dare see those things as subjects to laugh about.

The jokes that were done at the time around Bush were only pointed at Bush and media manipulation done in favor of him.

As soon as Obama came into power and media manipulation was done in favor of him, Stewart started to see no reason to joke about it and treated such subjects as off limits.

But who is the Paul Latza of politics?

Justin Trudeau?

Speaking of cuck goverment this is "We The People"'s response to marking BLM as a terrorist group (Part1):

You recently signed a petition asking the Administration to "Formally recognize Black Lives Matter as a terrorist organization."

In the wake of the tragic recent events in Dallas, Falcon Heights, and Baton Rouge, the President brought together law enforcement officials, civil rights leaders, activists, faith leaders, academics, and state and local elected officials this week to encourage frank conversations about the steps we can take together to build trust and ensure justice for all Americans. As part of these conversations, the President directly addressed the concern that the "Black Lives Matter" slogan, social media movement, and the associated protests are somehow inherently anti-police:

"I know that there are some who have criticized even the phrase 'black lives matter,' as if the notion is, is that other lives don't matter. And so you get 'all lives matter' or 'blue lives matter.' I understand the point they're trying to make. I think it's important for us to also understand that the phrase 'black lives matter' simply refers to the notion that there's a specific vulnerability for African Americans that needs to be addressed. It's not meant to suggest that other lives don't matter. It's to suggest that other folks aren't experiencing this particular vulnerability.

"And so we shouldn't get too caught up in this notion that somehow people who are asking for fair treatment are somehow, automatically, anti-police, are trying to only look out for black lives as opposed to others. I think we have to be careful about playing that game, just because that's not obviously what is intended."

This is a difficult time for our nation and this is a charged debate that stirs deep emotion. Speaking at the memorial service in Dallas earlier in the week, the President emphasized that progress requires, in part, Americans on all sides to “stand in each other’s shoes and look at the world through each other’s eyes.” He added:

"With an open heart, those protesting for change will guard against reckless language going forward, look at the model set by the five officers we mourn today, acknowledge the progress brought about by the sincere efforts of police departments like this one in Dallas, and embark on the hard but necessary work of negotiation, the pursuit of reconciliation.

"With an open heart, police departments will acknowledge that, just like the rest of us, they are not perfect; that insisting we do better to root out racial bias is not an attack on cops, but an effort to live up to our highest ideals. And I understand these protests – I see them, they can be messy. Sometimes they can be hijacked by an irresponsible few. Police can get hurt. Protestors can get hurt. They can be frustrating.

(Part2)
"But even those who dislike the phrase 'Black Lives Matter,' surely we should be able to hear the pain of Alton Sterling's family … and know that his life mattered to a whole lot of people of all races, of all ages, and that we have to do what we can, without putting officers' lives at risk, but do better to prevent another life like his from being lost.

"With an open heart, we can worry less about which side has been wronged, and worry more about joining sides to do right. Because the vicious killer of these police officers, they won't be the last person who tries to make us turn on one other. The killer in Orlando wasn't, nor was the killer in Charleston. We know there is evil in this world. That's why we need police departments. But as Americans, we can decide that people like this killer will ultimately fail. They will not drive us apart. We can decide to come together and make our country reflect the good inside us, the hopes and simple dreams we share."

The White House plays no role in designating domestic terror organizations. The U.S. government does not generate a list of domestic terror organizations, and therefore we are not able to address the formal request of your petition. We encourage you to engage with your community in the ongoing discussion of how we can better build trust and safety in our communities.

Thank you for your participation in the We the People platform. We'll be back in touch soon.

– The We the People Team

SLAVERY WASN'T ENOUGH

Comedians can very well have insightfull commentary. I don't see why this wouldn't be the case.

I think we triggered someone.

This is cowardice, not quality.

the daily show was only successful because of George W Bush

How can you say something like that in
2 0 1 6

When has Stewart ever given the slightest modicum of credit to someone he disagreed with, in a way that wasn't overtly sarcastic or back-handed?

Stewart's shtick was nothing more than pic-related, an attempt to humiliate whites and conservatives into silence.

here's your reply, /reddipol/.

most people on 8ch these days are very young, don't forget. they have no idea what you're talking about, they have been raised by the state to treat the past as something that is edited to fit their personal Narrative.

your filename is a testament to this.

What the fuck was with the media trying to ruin that guy's life? He was 150% innocent.

Except whites are far more likely to be shot by police than niggers. Niggers however, are most often shot by other niggers.

Boy, it sure smells like Holla Forums in here

I'm 23, so decide for yourselves whether you think I'm old enough to have an opinion on the world. Ultimately, you can take the opinions on their merits without regard for who's speaking, which is one of the beautiful things about imageboards.

If anything it's the opposite. I was raised by state education in my country which is not the US and fed mostly liberal viewpoints. I had an entire subject in Junior Cycle (from 13 to 16 years old) telling me how all the problems in Africa are my fault, global warming will kill us all before 2020, deporting people who are in your country illegally is mean and not having gay marriage is an abomination, and at the end had to do a project about why Amnesty International are the greatest group in the world or fail the year.

I was a liberal most of my life, because you pretty much can't pass school in my country without at least pretending to be one. The only reason I have the views I do today is because I read people I disagreed with, one of the first being pic-related.

This is why I hate Jon Stewart so much. I used to be a clapping seal fan of his. I don't have American TV, but I used to watch his segment on YouTube all the time and pat myself on the back for being so much smarter than all those dumb Fox News watching morons. Ironically, I couldn't understand how they couldn't see they were being lied to. Watching his crap now is embarrassing. I can't believe I ever enjoyed it in the slightest or believed his bullshit "I'm just a comedian" deflection he falls back on whenever someone accuses him of being the partisan bullshitter he is. He's an unfunny, lying hack who exists only to reinforce biases his viewers already hold.

Trump
The troll candidate

Sanders
The cuck candidate

Clinton
The womyn candidate

Cruz
The MLP candidate

Jeb!
The JUST candidate