Remember when movies Celebrated Masculine heroes instead of condemning masculinity?

Remember when movies Celebrated Masculine heroes instead of condemning masculinity?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/idgPl
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you gay?

I agree. Cinema needs more scenes of half naked oiled up men physically exerting themselves on screen, hopefully in a long drawn out montage scene.

I can't believe that Holly produces a good, wholesome scene like that in the 80's, and here we are in THE CURRENT YEAR and there isn't the modern equivalent, which of course is Chandler Riggs oiled up in a speedo doing yoga.

I meant hollywood instead of holly, but you get what I mean.

How else do you show off how manly you are? Chick dig oiled up ripped men.

If it makes you feel any better one of the protagonists of the next disney movie (Moana) is ultra masculine and significantly more capable at everything than any other character in it.

Saw a test screening a couple weeks ago.

He's a big guy.

Sly understood this perfectly in the '80s, and it shows. Rocky IV gets you pumped as fuck.

Are you gay?

Anyone have the loss edit of this?

Fuck hipsters. Rocky 4 was the best film in the series.

Rocky III and IV are the best, Rocky V is rather "meh" but it grew on me.

I enjoyed "Balboa", and "Creed" was really good.

I was asking you.

Dude, who are you kidding? I watched the teaser. He's going to be a bumbling egocentric dweeb who the girl is completely unimpressed by, and in the end she'll save him and teach him a lesson. It's obvious. Ten bucks there's a somber line at the end where he says something like "I guess you're better than a god."

YOU BOTH HAVE TO GO BACK

>>>/homo/

As you can from the reaction, everybody thinks this is gay

Because Hollywood has managed to pathologize male-only scenery by putting gay undertones in exhibiting masculinity.
They have effectively memed male bonding = faggotry in existence

You do have films like the expendables but that's done so over the top it starts feeling like satire/mockery

despite that this scene is still pretty damn gay though

not really, no

as far back as I can remember, action movies always had a female character who was portrayed as superior to the male hero

Ah no.
If any did, it was for eye-candy reasons and nobody was expected to take it seriously.

V isn't "meh". It's shit. For a while we all thought this would be the ending to the series. Thank God it wasn't. If Stallone really was going to end it, it should have been on Rocky IV. It's hard to top what he did with that one.

This is one of the worst thing that has happened to us. Men can't be stunted robots around men and women, they need to have an outlet and to socialize. Meaningful socializing at that, not a movie and then go home.

Nope, he's egocentric sure but his ego is shown to be well justified outside of how he fucked up in the beginning (stealing important jewel from the mother island to give to "the people", thus causing everything from the jewel's origin to wither and die), and the "she saves him" part is her reassuring him that he is the coolest dude and by continuing with the quest everyone will love him again as they should. The girl only physically saves him once by sneaking onto this big lobster dude's back to grab his weapon and throw it back to him.

And yes she is completely unimpressed by him at first, and he is with her, but over the course of the movie they come to respect the others' talents (extreme prowess at fighting and sailing for Maui, and determination coupled with good morals for Moana).

here's some things you'd have to have seen the movie to know so that whenever they get shown in a trailer before release you will know that I'm telling the truth now: there is a retarded chicken that has lots of jokes about how dumb it is, there is a big lobster bad guy who is very greedy and has a song about shiny stuff, Maui has a little version of him on his tattoos that acts as his conscience, There is a whole scene about these coconuts with pirate ships chasing the protagonists that plays out like a car chase from Mad Max, Maui's introductory song is about saying "your welcome" to Moana for all the things he has done (gave mankind fire, raised islands from sea, etc). Perhaps some of that information has been released so far but I doubt all of it has.

sauce

Hollywood didn't do shit; American males have intimacy problems and thrive on gay panics. The religious right is as guilty of this just as much as the far left is.

Damn me and my Jewish agenda of wanting men to have camaraderie.

You've caught me, user.

wew lad

Stop shilling for neo-cons because you can't get close to a m8

you're just pulling out all the leftist boogiemen, huh?

It's not really a boogeyman; American neo-cons have been hypersensitive about fags for half a century now.

idk what kind of lens you have to see the world through to deny this.

The left/the Jews, if you like plays on your insecurities about male intimacy too, btw. That's how they shoehorn in so many gay relationships in media, because you can't say 'but I want straight positive male relationships and role models' because they'll play on said insecurities.

The solution: stop seeing faggotry behind every shadow.

Spot the leddipol.

spot the leftist

neoconservatism was born from democrats regarding foreign policy

the (((right))) didn't co-opt it in a grand scale until the 1980's. Furthermore neocons dont have some institutionalized opinion on gays, again you're conflating the religion right with neocons which shows how fucking retarded you are

come back until you can do more than spout rachel maddow talking points

Actually, I'm right wing. Again, I don't know why you're shilling for the mainstream right so hard and ascribing softball viewpoints to them.

In America, the two are inextricably intertwined.

That was more a joke. Yet another think about seppo men, tbh; they think every bit of banter is an affront to their sensibilities.

*thing

Really? Paleoconservative? Or are you traditionalist, or natsoc?

Otherwise youre a neocon

no they aren't and the only reason anyone believes that tripe is because theyre a retarded college student who takes msnbc as gospel

the religious right is a boogeyman of the left and always has been

Holla Forums detected, post discarded.

People complaining about Holla Forums everywhere are far more annoying than actual Holla Forums.

gas yourself kike

I don't think natsocs should really count as right wing, tbh.
I do have many paleoconservative leanings though I will state my controversial opinion that paleocons have more in common with the classical Liberals of old than any modern neocons, though - not special snowflaking - I find myself difficult to place. Traditionalism is often a bit lacking in my mind.

The tide is indeed turning the other way, and I am glad of that, because whilst I don't have a problem perse with religious people, the reliance on the right of religion stifles discussion. But if you seriously think that, only a decade or so ago, the right wasn't in general intensely religious, at least in America, then come on man.

you sound like a woman or a numale. no one's stopping you from celebrating your masculinity, and if they try, use your masculinity to stop them.

wow sounds nothing at all the modern leftist, your side must be completely different from them. ;^)

you're all idiots

anarchism is the only way

I think its fair to blame the ones creating shit threads & and derailing everything because "omg it has a black person in it, nigger cuck jew jew cuck cuck nigger lel do I fit in yet!?".
nothing wrong with racist jokes or stereotypes, but when every. fucking. thread. is derailed with that shit, there's a problem.

The only example I can think of of movies that still do this is the Fast & Furious franchise, though they atone for it by having like 4 or 5 "badass action chick" types in addition to all the testosteron.

Just like socjus, it's really an american issue. The rest of the world had perfectly suitable male rolemodels in Cinema, from the goofy to strong to lovable rascals.

Only in the US, everything has to be coated in patriotism and hedonism until you realize that half of Schwartzenegger's movies play out like gay fantasies.

While we're on the subject, I find it fucking hilarious the main reason that SJWs and Nu-Males claim to dismiss FnF is literally "lol oh my god there are X-number of them" (they've been doing it since #5), and then rattle off a couple of superficial/petty reasons to sandwich that singular argument…

…and then a few weeks later they'll write a whole tome of praise and circlejerking for the newest Avengers/MCU blockbuster completely ignoring the fact they've very quickly ascended to entry #15 in half the time, and as far as I can see they haven't even acknowledged how Star Wars will very soon have hundreds of entries, most of them in the name of progressivism. Different strokes, different folks I guess?

how many SW films until some foolish director accidentally retcons something majorly important to the series I wonder

I give it 11 films
who's to fucking bet that the one film that DOES retcon is one we'll actually like here on Holla Forums?
Hopefully it'll retcon the VII/VIII POZ if it's any consolation at all.

'96

nice try tho

Okay, but that scene didn't used to be gay when it came out. It's only now retroactively gay because of things that happened after. Cowboys are a good example. Now you can't dress like one without someone thinking of that movie about ghey cowboys.

Well, except when they try to get into science classrooms, as has been the case here in Texas.

The prequels foolishly retconned the droids.

I have like a love hate deal with FnF. On one hand I'm not really a fan of the MUH FAMILY shit it has going for it but on the other hand shit like The Rock flexing his cast away and Vinny Diesel making a building hit by a rocket collapse around Jason Statham by stomping his foot in anger is fucking hilarious

Oh look, freechfags are back.

it's too fun to bust his balls in the GoT threads

All neoconservatives are either Jews, or Evangelicals. Their primary goal is essentially being Israels bitch and using the US military to fight kike wars. This is a good article that goes over a brief history of neocuckservatives: archive.is/idgPl

Two of the biggest Evangelicals used their position of authority in the Christan community to sell neocuck policy:

George Bush who allowed neocons to be his advisors and architects of his foreign policy:

Jhon Hagee:

Neocons have always been a disgusting Frankenstein of Jews and their goyim Christans.