Hardcore Henry

What did Holla Forums think of Hardcore Henry?

I was very apprehensive about watching it at first because the premise seems retarded (the movie is all first person and shot with a gopro). But I actually liked it a lot. The action scenes were generally well choreographed and the movie had balls in making almost 90% of the screen time just straight up action. The other 10% is mostly cheeky humor and a legitimately solid plot as far as action movie plots go.

Jimmy was fantastic and the antagonist and girlfriend did exactly what they needed to do for the plot. My biggest complaint is that some action scenes look noticeably better than others, the best ones would be the motorcycle chase, big ass fight scene at the end, and the scene where Jimmy and the protagonist descend the building that cripple Jimmy operates from. The first one was definitely the worst because the camera was super shaky and it didn't really get creative.

Anyone know of some other action movies that have actually well choreographed action scenes that take up the majority of the screentime? I'm tired of "action movies" that have only a couple actual action scenes while everything else is shitty close up dialogue.

I wanted to see this, but I don't want to go alone. So I asked my friends.
The mistake I made was asking with a film student present.
He scoffed at the idea of a movie in first person and compared it to video games, discouraging everyone from seeing it, ensuring them that it didn't work. Despite not seeing it himself.

Is it on kat yet?

I downloaded and watched it on my laptop. The movie would probably be a trip in VR.

I liked it. I thought it was funny and really entertaining, and I hope Jimmy survived somehow.

I will say while I enjoyed the film and had no problem with it 90% of the time, towards the ending scene on the roof I started to get a headache and had to stop watching for a few minutes.

It's the kind of movie I want to own to show to others, and I hope it made enough to get a sequel, which I think it will because it did decent on a ridiculously tiny budget.

how many threads on this piece of crap do we need?

What a pretentious faggot.

Be sure to remind him that his film degree won't be worth jack.

You seem to have clicked the wrong thread, friend. It's Cisbusters that has like 30 threads up.

I'm sure he knows, being employed at a warehouse and all.

that too, but we just had a Hardcuck Henry thread like two days ago

no one cared then, no one cares now

Get your priorities straight, man.

I expected it to give me motion sickness

it didn't, because I found it quite boring and only looked up at the screen every so often

Yep, bluray version just got uploaded two days ago and now everyone's seeding.

Budget was 2M and they made almost 20M so it definitely did much better than it needed to.

Just goes to show that you don't need big hollywood names and an absurd CG budget to make a good action movie.

I'm curios as to what you expected it to be. Pretty much everyone whether they loved it or hated it seems to agree that the movie delivers exactly what it promises: a first person action movie with a very big emphasis on the action. It does pretty much all of the action scenes quite well (especially in the second half) and there is very little outside of the action scenes. Were you expecting it to be something else or did you watch it knowing that you probably wouldn't like it?

It was pretty entertaining. Nothing too special, but better than a lot of modern action flicks. Reminded me of Crank a bit.

The Raid 1 and 2.

I actually thought it was pretty good.

This movie is the epitome of what you can do when you remove interfering Hollywood Jews from filmmaking.

PURE KINO
Actually a solid action movie that had good humor. Did get a little motion sickness near the end but it wasn't anything to make me walk away. Hope it gets a squeakquel.

Torrented it because I knew seeing it on the big screen would make me more nauseous than Cloverfield.
I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The plot wasn't too memorable other than the twist regarding his "wife" towards the end, but I don't see action movies for the plot.
The action itself is pretty intense, though on the few occasions where it cuts between Henry's actions (like when he was climbing up a ledge on the outside of a building during the first part) it gets a little disorienting.
I definitely liked how it didn't pull some retarded "womyn dindu nuffin an wuz innisent all along" bullshit at the end like I fully expected it to.
The soundtrack was okay I guess and since I'm a sucker for Queen I really enjoyed it when "Don't Stop Me Now" kicked in after he took the adrenaline shots I know I'm probably going to catch flak for that. though I didn't really notice most of it on the first watch.

The scene with the Colonel in the abandoned building was the best action sequence I think, which I simultaneously found disappointing because it was shown almost in full in a trailer. That's not to say the rest of the action is shit though. They're just not as fun as that particular one imo.

There is one thing in particular that bothered my autism though. Supposedly the fucker can't make any sounds (no voice module or whatever), yet you can hear him grunting and screaming in pain sometimes. Not a big deal I guess, but it still annoyed me a bit.

Thanks for the recommendation, I've heard about them before and that Dredd (reboot) was pretty much The Raid with guns, which I also enjoyed.

Dude everyone loves queen, I don't even like rock music but I like them.
My favorite scene was the entire fight scene on the roof at the end, I'd say it had the most variety in terms of amount of ways he kills people.

Also from what I understood the voice module wasn't about the ability to synthesize sounds, it was about the ability to use language. Mute people still grunt and stuff even though they can't speak, it's more of a psychological thing.

Exactly, fuck spending 99% of the budget on big name actors and CG, all you need is a lot of good stunt dudes, a couple entertaining characters (Jimmy was fantastic), and a solid but minimalist plot that serves as an excuse for fun action scenes.

This movie cost $2M to make because it's pretty much just a gopro, a fuckton of slav stuntmen, and some song licenses. Fucking Jack and Jill was $80M. God I hate hollywood.

You would be very surprised. I fully expect to get shit on for that alone before this thread gets 50 more posts.

I'll give you the variety aspect, but for me it all happened WAY too fast to even comprehend what was going on during the first watch. It was pretty great when he exploded a whole box of grenades in the guard shack though.

It seemed to me like they were trying to choose his voice in general during the first few minutes of the movie, which in turn led me to believe he couldn't make jack shit for sounds because his voice box was entirely mechanical and hadn't been programmed for a particular voice. If his larynx was completely fucked and his mind was still capable of making himself talk, then he shouldn't have had to choose a synthetic voice at all.

if his larynx *wasn't completely fucked

Also it's mentioned by the blond faggot how pretty much the entire lower half of his face was blown off or some shit right after they try to decide what voice he should have.

FUCKING GODDAMN MILLENIALS

FUCKING GODDAMN MILLENIALS

the title sounds like some youtube e-celeb faggot.

Fuck off faggot, I pirate everything by default and if it's good then I go pay for it on something like amazon or google play and keep the pirated one for convenience.

Same goes for games.

It does, I was really turned off by the movie before watching it because of the title and the first person gimmick.

Oh my… I gotta see this shit.

>hurr it uses new never used before except that shitty scene in faux-Doom that was shot at 24 degree FOV and moved slower than a day-night cycle so it look stupid everything should look exactly the same

Are you actually for real retarded or do you have dyslexia? "If it's good then I go pay for it… and keep the pirated version"

The point is that they get my money for making a good movie and then I keep the pirated version on my computer so I don't have to deal with some shitty streaming service whenever I want to rewatch it or show it to someone else. Explain to me what's wrong with any of that.

Fuck off nigger I loved the movie, I was saying that I was apprehensive about the first person gimmick before I watched it but they actually used it really well for the most part.

absolutely reddit.

This is like, anti-reddit, the movie.

There's gay bashing, multiple women dying violently, a surprisingly well handled bros-before-hoes message, and every single problem Henry and Jimmy have is solved through just violence. Every single one. Violence solves it all.

But yeah, it has Queen in it, invalidates all that huh.

My nigga.

It's about director's vision, cinematography, aesthetics, etc. It's not about your petty political views, reddit.

Not just Don't Stop Me Now is one of Queen's plebbest and most reddit songs, it also doesn't fit the setting and action on screen. If they picked a harder, more punkish Queen track like Ogre Battle, Stone Cold Crazy, or Brighton Rock, it would be much more acceptable.

Come on, sempai, at least try like this
sperg did in the other thread if you're going to be le patrician taste elitist meme man.

You can do better. Try again.

145 fucking million views fam. There are also a cover by Katy Perry and Glee. They were obviously trying to pander to the reddit crowd by putting this out of place track.

God, slav magic strikes again. SnowNigs doing better than westerns again

Absolutely fucking awesome.

It's like anime in live action form.

i wanted more scene of it to imagine a life togheter with

Unredacted receipts with timestamp and "Hi 8/tv/ niggers" card or shut the fuck up.

fug

The best fps of the last few years.

It was also a fun action movie.

this isn't worth finding a marker and paper for

I fucking loved this movie, but it was different watching big screen vs.smaller screen. Just the nature of the FPV.

Great action, had a sense of humor, simple enough, good music, it was weird as hell, I love shit like this and don't see it often outside of Asian cinema.

just watched it.
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS BRILLIANT

hot babes, violence, gore, guns, hand to hand combat, sci fi elements, strip club, explosions, jokes, good intro, good ending, good music - it had everything I wanted in a movie.
10/10

That's not an un-redacted receipt for purchasing a legal legitimate copy nigger. TRY AGAIN

No wonder you're a nigger.

Motion sickness hell. It was a fucking piece of shit. Took me less than 40 minutes to walk out of the theater and throw up my beer. Downloaded it recently because I was curious. The action scenes aren't that special to me, looks like your typical cuhrazeey action flick like Crank or Shoot Em Up, and they could look better in normal third person camera. What a shit gimmick.

3/10

It's produced by a fucking chink studio. I should've read it. Shouldn't have gave my money to those gook bastards.

Pussy.

More like woozy.

I didn't like it at all, turned it off within forty minutes after seeing this thread the other day. I mean it's funny in the this is so bad sense, the plot is so basic and everything looks like it's out of a meh video game.

This

Watch it to the very end faggot.